Game: FFXI
user: Nrem
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 16:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Why can't people just not dive when they're under the influence. I mean, I love to have a drink with dinner or whatever, but I can easily manage without.

Have you ever texted, talked on the phone, changed the radio, driven while exceptionally sleepy, or eaten in your car? Maybe you've had a dog or maybe a girlfriend in the passenger seat and was trying for your attention? How about had some prescription pills a few hours before driving? Have you driven to the repair shop knowing full well that your car was having troubles, instead of doing the safe thing and getting it towed? If you've done any of these things, it's no different than driving drunk. I don't see how you can be so adamant about the extreme dangers of driving drunk, when these increase the risk of accidents as well and happen extremely frequently.

You take a risk every time you get in a car, whether they're drunk, an inexperienced driver, or fingering their girlfriend in the passenger seat. A smart person pretty much accepts the fact that they could die every time they hop in a car simply because of the unknown dangers of other drivers, animals, faulty car parts, or weather circumstances.

Why aren't you gung-ho about banning eating, cell phones, texting, sexing, dogs, alcohol, and prescription pills outside of driving? Ok, then why are you so stressed about marijuana outside of driving?

Yes, because complete loss of perception and hallucination is the same thing as eating in your car.

The stupidity in this thread is astounding.

Wait, loss of hallucination? You hallucinate by default? Or I'm gunna guess you mean pot makes you hallucinate...? Wow. Yes, the stupidity in this thread is now astounding, thanks for it.

Where did I say loss of hallucination? Reading comprehension (Please check it.)

"Complete loss of perception,"
"and hallucination."

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 16:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Why can't people just not dive when they're under the influence. I mean, I love to have a drink with dinner or whatever, but I can easily manage without.

Have you ever texted, talked on the phone, changed the radio, driven while exceptionally sleepy, or eaten in your car? Maybe you've had a dog or maybe a girlfriend in the passenger seat and was trying for your attention? How about had some prescription pills a few hours before driving? Have you driven to the repair shop knowing full well that your car was having troubles, instead of doing the safe thing and getting it towed? If you've done any of these things, it's no different than driving drunk. I don't see how you can be so adamant about the extreme dangers of driving drunk, when these increase the risk of accidents as well and happen extremely frequently.

You take a risk every time you get in a car, whether they're drunk, an inexperienced driver, or fingering their girlfriend in the passenger seat. A smart person pretty much accepts the fact that they could die every time they hop in a car simply because of the unknown dangers of other drivers, animals, faulty car parts, or weather circumstances.

Why aren't you gung-ho about banning eating, cell phones, texting, sexing, dogs, alcohol, and prescription pills outside of driving? Ok, then why are you so stressed about marijuana outside of driving?

Yes, because complete loss of perception and hallucination is the same thing as eating in your car.

The stupidity in this thread is astounding.

Wait, loss of hallucination? You hallucinate by default? Or I'm gunna guess you mean pot makes you hallucinate...? Wow. Yes, the stupidity in this thread is now astounding, thanks for it.

Where did I say loss of hallucination? Reading comprehension (Please check it.)

"Complete loss of perception,"
"and hallucination."
you trying to recoup your losses and save face?
backpedaling {Stop Please}
edit: come back and prove me wrong, or have a real discussion with me.
other than that I'll just keep on pointing this out until you stop posting.
orrr you can admit you are wrong, but I don't think that would happen.
[+]
 Bismarck.Demented
Server: Bismarck
user: Nrem
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 17:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
My suffix was incorrectly used, because your only source of knowledge is a Google search engine.

I think I just lost all interest in talking to you.

(Before you go on to state the omnipotent power of Google, it's vastness and impact on the internet; take a few courses on Etymology, Literature, and even basic grammar.)

Until then, I'm done wasting my time talking to an illiterate. Take care (or don't).
prove your point with some actual data, without pulling it out of your *** and I'd be inclined to believe you, other than that bugger off.
if you do in fact prove me wrong(and actually prove me wrong, not just tell me I am wrong because you "say so") I will announce you to be the smartest *** I know, so do it.
I want you to do this for me.

edit: any actual conversation is welcome though~ I will probably make a drug topic one of these days.

I chose "fallaciousity" over "fallaciousness"

https://www.msu.edu/~defores1/gre/sufx/gre_suffx.htm

Go there, look at the suffix "-ity" and look at the suffix "-ness." They're both, "the state of." In this case, the state of being fallacious.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-06 17:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

***'s HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now. Everyone disperse and get high. Demented is ruining all our highs with his ***.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 17:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
My suffix was incorrectly used, because your only source of knowledge is a Google search engine.

I think I just lost all interest in talking to you.

(Before you go on to state the omnipotent power of Google, it's vastness and impact on the internet; take a few courses on Etymology, Literature, and even basic grammar.)

Until then, I'm done wasting my time talking to an illiterate. Take care (or don't).
prove your point with some actual data, without pulling it out of your *** and I'd be inclined to believe you, other than that bugger off.
if you do in fact prove me wrong(and actually prove me wrong, not just tell me I am wrong because you "say so") I will announce you to be the smartest *** I know, so do it.
I want you to do this for me.

edit: any actual conversation is welcome though~ I will probably make a drug topic one of these days.

I chose "fallaciousity" over "fallaciousness"

https://www.msu.edu/~defores1/gre/sufx/gre_suffx.htm

Go there, look at the suffix "-ity" and look at the suffix "-ness." They're both, "the state of." In this case, the state of being fallacious.
I really don't think it fits.
did you read this part:
"Notes in this column refer to common functions of these suffixes. However, these are generalizations only, and you will find exceptions to many of them. "
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
***'s HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now. Everyone disperse and get high. Demented is ruining all our highs with his ***.
no, he's just trying to save face with his fallacious post(see I made a funny).

i saw that page before and i assumed that he read that portion, but apparently he didn't.

find something legitimate that can prove your point quite literally by it using the word "fallaciousity", and i'd be more inclined to believe you.
but yeah, i can keep civil with this if you can.
the english language is fun and interesting, you could easily just try to get that approved as a word, unless it's one of those exceptions to the rule as had been mentioned before.
edit: you see for me the validity of your word is a bit of a side point because I just don't like how it sounds.

the way I type tends to flow the same way that I speak, I don't try to frequently use over-complicated words just due to how words fit into the sentence.
I wrote a few short stories in a few of my college classes that won prizes(prior to switching expertise because LOL@making money with an english major), so I'd say I have a good grasp of the english language, but outside of essay and story writing I practice conversational English.

[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-06 18:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing Demented has his reasons for hating pot, I'm going to speculate on what they could be..

1. Someone he knows was killed/injured because of drugs(not necessarily marijuana) and has seen the light about how evil they are. We all have them, we all know people who were killed by drunk drivers, or knew the drunk drivers themselves. For some reason it has affected Demented in a way that he perceives all drugs as a negative thing.

2. He's bitter because he was never offered any, due to the fact that people knew he'd narc on them. I'm sure some people know about these too. You or a friend brought liquor to a school function, and then someone found out and told the narc-kid who then made it his business to "purify" the event of illegality.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 18:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I'm guessing Demented has his reasons for hating pot, I'm going to speculate on what they could be..

1. Someone he knows was killed/injured because of drugs(not necessarily marijuana) and has seen the light about how evil they are. We all have them, we all know people who were killed by drunk drivers, or knew the drunk drivers themselves. For some reason it has affected Demented in a way that he perceives all drugs as a negative thing.

2. He's bitter because he was never offered any, due to the fact that people knew he'd narc on them. I'm sure some people know about these too. You or a friend brought liquor to a school function, and then someone found out and told the narc-kid who then made it his business to "purify" the event of illegality.
or he could just be flame baiting on a popular topic...
to assume makes and *** out of u and me :D
but then again the whole him not being including in the reindeer games could be a factor.
obscure christmas related humor...ftw :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-06 19:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

I don't hate pot, but I don't support the legalisation of it either.

Don't think everything, and every opinion is so cut and dry.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 19:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

I don't hate pot, but I don't support the legalisation of it either.

Don't think everything, and every opinion is so cut and dry.
my opinions are very uncut and wet.
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-08-06 19:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people were raised to believe marijuana is bad, period, end of story...others think that -because- it's illegal, it should simply stay that way, period.

My opinion is quite simple: Marijuana is the largest cash crop by far in the United States every year. Tens of millions of people use it safely every year. There is no feasible way to put a lid on this box, and I challenge anyone who believes it's prohibition should be continued to come up with a -viable- plan for hunting down and incarcerating every single user. There is none, nor has there ever been...therefore, rather than making criminals of mostly otherwise law-abiding citizens, make it legal and tax it, just like cigarettes and alcohol.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-06 19:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure when we've devolved to critiquing one another's grammar, the thread's mostly over.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 19:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I'm pretty sure when we've devolved to critiquing one another's grammar, the thread's mostly over.
counter-troll is the only way to go when people try to get the goat :(
i wish this thread wouldn't have devolved to this.
it was one of my favorites.
i'll make a drug psychology thread one of these days and hope it's not derailed.
drug psychology is a topic that gets me entirely excited.
everything is a drug essentially.
that and i like all those long hyphenated words.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-06 19:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well, after over a page of NO U!'s about grammar I think it's time to close it.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19