First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-06 14:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Asura.Majae said:
I wish I had more info on how the Netherlands substance use/abuse programs differ from America.
I'm speculating, but I'd imagine they don't have one at all.

When you legalize a substance, you don't really need to have specialized education about it anymore. I was in Japan for that particular period of my life so I don't know how it's done in the US, but I don't remember getting any special D.A.R.E.-like program about alcohol and tobacco. Kids just knew about its use and dangers from growing up with it.

People who didn't want to smoke... just, well, didn't. There was no educational program to say smoking causes cancer. Everyone just knew.

It seems that making programs and propaganda supporting what I would hope to be common sense almost has some aura or haze of contrary reaction among the generation it was intended for.

Not that the group that falls under is statistically a majority, but it certainly has a noticeable outcome when compared to other countries. But then again, we're on a much larger scale in general.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 14:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:

Like that means anything.

I don't feel the need to point out the obvious to the mentally impaired.
don't you mean you are just flame baiting?
:D
and the all mighty point of this is: don't *** a bullshitter.
[+]
 Asura.Majae
Server: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-08-06 14:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Asura.Majae said:
I wish I had more info on how the Netherlands substance use/abuse programs differ from America.
I'm speculating, but I'd imagine they don't have one at all.

When you legalize a substance, you don't really need to have specialized education about it anymore. I was in Japan for that particular period of my life so I don't know how it's done in the US, but I don't remember getting any special D.A.R.E.-like program about alcohol and tobacco. Kids just knew about its use and dangers from growing up with it.

People who didn't want to smoke... just, well, didn't. There was no educational program to say smoking causes cancer. Everyone just knew.

It seems that making programs and propaganda supporting what I would hope to be common sense almost has some aura or haze of contrary reaction among the generation it was intended for.

Not that the group that falls under is statistically a majority, but it certainly has a noticeable outcome when compared to other countries. But then again, we're on a much larger scale in general.

I'm definitely with you on this point.
 Bismarck.Demented
Server: Bismarck
user: Nrem
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 14:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:

No.

I can sit here for an hour trying to tell you how wrong you are, but I would only end up wasting an hour of my life. If you can't draw your own conclusions from the sentence I bolded in your post, then any point, argument and/or governing reason that dictates the fallaciousity of your reasoning skills becomes pointless.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:

No.

I can sit here for an hour trying to tell you how wrong you are, but I would only end up wasting an hour of my life. If you can't draw your own conclusions from the sentence I bolded in your post, then any point, argument and/or governing reason that dictates the fallaciousity of your reasoning skills becomes pointless.
more ***.
and "fallaciousity"

i lol'd with that one.
let the big boys discuss things again while you learn some spelling.
[+]
 Bismarck.Demented
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 14:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:

No.

more ***.
and "fallaciousity"

i lol'd with that one.

https://www.msu.edu/~defores1/gre/sufx/gre_suffx.htm

Please read.^^

Learn some spelling, huh?

In case you're wondering, I would have stopped replying awhile back, but your stupidity is mildly entertaining.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 14:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:

No.

more ***.
and "fallaciousity"

i lol'd with that one.

https://www.msu.edu/~defores1/gre/sufx/gre_suffx.htm

Please read.^^

Learn some spelling, huh?

In case you're wondering, I would have stopped replying awhile back, but your stupidity is mildly entertaining.
the correct word to use would be fallacy, if you had reworded your sentence you could have used fallacious.
poor sentence structure is poor, poor grammar knowledge is poor.
you really aren't helping yourself by posting more.
[+]
By sergei 2010-08-06 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Like that means anything. I don't feel the need to point out the obvious to the mentally impaired.
don't you mean you are just flame baiting? :D
No. I can sit here for an hour trying to tell you how wrong you are, but I would only end up wasting an hour of my life. If you can't draw your own conclusions from the sentence I bolded in your post, then any point, argument and/or governing reason that dictates the fallaciousity of your reasoning skills becomes pointless.
more ***. and "fallaciousity" i lol'd with that one. let the big boys discuss things again while you learn some spelling.

That would all sound more intelligent if.....every sentence in your posts wasn't treated as a paragraph. More mushrooms and self loathing gogogo. (I detest grammar nazi's, but it really shits on your spelling point.)
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 14:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

sergei said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Like that means anything. I don't feel the need to point out the obvious to the mentally impaired.
No. I can sit here for an hour trying to tell you how wrong you are, but I would only end up wasting an hour of my life. If you can't draw your own conclusions from the sentence I bolded in your post, then any point, argument and/or governing reason that dictates the fallaciousity of your reasoning skills becomes pointless.
more ***. and "fallaciousity" i lol'd with that one. let the big boys discuss things again while you learn some spelling.

That would all sound more intelligent if.....every sentence in your posts wasn't treated as a paragraph. More mushrooms and self loathing gogogo. (I detest grammar nazi's, but it really shits on your spelling point.)
i love you.
lunchtime kittens~

paragraph structure, comma splicing..all that becomes irrelevant when posting in a forum.
now sentence structure, how your words flow as you type, that's the only thing that really matters.
so any point you had is beside the point, and you have to point out other things about me to supplement your opinion because you can't do anything else other than that.

but anyway, back in 30
[+]
 Bismarck.Demented
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 14:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

the correct word to use would be fallacy, if you had reworded your sentence you could have used fallacious.

I hope you realize that you complimented my grammar and sentence structure with that double negative. Not only do you misuse punctuation, but also grammar and yet you falsely criticize someone else for correctly using a suffix?

Go smoke some more pot, "big boy."

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By sergei 2010-08-06 14:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
sergei said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
i love you. lunchtime kittens~ paragraph structure, comma splicing..all that becomes irrelevant when posting in a forum. now sentence structure, how your words flow as you type, that's the only thing that really matters. so any point you had is beside the point, and you have to point out other things about me to supplement your opinion because you can't do anything else other than that. :D but anyway, back in 30

Your last 2 posts contradict your points. I've lost interest already. Too easy ..Derp.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 14:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

sergei said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
sergei said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
i love you. lunchtime kittens~ paragraph structure, comma splicing..all that becomes irrelevant when posting in a forum. now sentence structure, how your words flow as you type, that's the only thing that really matters. so any point you had is beside the point, and you have to point out other things about me to supplement your opinion because you can't do anything else other than that. :D but anyway, back in 30

Your last 2 posts contradict your points. I've lost interest already. Too easy ..Derp.
my point to him that he had poor sentence structure, the cohesiveness of your vocabulary and your ability to express your point effectively is the idea.
sergei, you are just my lapdog anyway, keep following me around for amusement :D
keep on scavenging for your "lulz" because you aren't good enough to do anything else.
edit: people like sergei hide behind the veil of anonymity just because they can't make their own ideas, they have to ride in on the shirttails of others to get their point across.
Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I hope you realize that you complimented my grammar and sentence structure with that double negative. Not only do you misuse punctuation, but also grammar and yet you falsely criticize someone else for correctly using a suffix?

Go smoke some more pot, "big boy."
ongoing internet concept, saying X point is X is used for effect.
you didn't use the suffix appropriately, I corrected you.
if you didn't want me to do that, you shouldn't have said it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-08-06 14:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We should all be straightedge and not touch any drugs/cigs/alcohol :D.... :( wishful thinking.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 15:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
We should all be straightedge and not touch any drugs/cigs/alcohol :D.... :( wishful thinking.
straight-edge is a phase.
drug-free can be a way of life.
anyone who claims to be "straight edge" past the latter end of their 20's needs to grow up.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-06 15:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend of my dad's doesn't do anything. Never smoked, never drank; nothing.
I just stick to alcohol, even then I don't get ***-faced.
 Bismarck.Demented
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 15:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Explain to me how the suffix was used incorrectly.

I took a course on logic at Florida State, and the professor used the word "fallaciousity" quite often. Not to say that, "Oh, because he did it, it must be right!" But more-so that it's an acceptable use of the -ity suffix, considering it's meaning and etymology.

I fail to see why this is even up for debate, if it's not enough already that I have to work my way through your haze of spelling errors, capitalization and general crimes against the English language.

Quote:
Your inability to correctly use a meme resulted in the cancellation of the original variable (x). If my "poor grammar" is poor, then it's actually good grammar.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 15:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fallaciousity

anything else you say is just self preservation big guy.
and LERN2SPEL LOLOLOL.
u lose this one, give up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Demented
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 15:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My suffix was incorrectly used, because your only source of knowledge is a Google search engine.

I think I just lost all interest in talking to you.

(Before you go on to state the omnipotent power of Google, it's vastness and impact on the internet; take a few courses on Etymology, Literature, and even basic grammar.)

Until then, I'm done wasting my time talking to an illiterate. Take care (or don't).
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-06 15:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:
My suffix was incorrectly used, because your only source of knowledge is a Google search engine.

(Before you go on to state the omnipotent power of Google, its vastness and impact on the internet; take a few courses on Etymology, Literature, and even basic grammar.)

Aw ***, you made a boo boo!
'Sokay, I fixed it. Post all bettar nao.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 15:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:

(Before you go on to state the omnipotent power of Google, it's vastness and impact on the internet; take a few courses on Etymology, Literature, and even basic grammar.)

Until then, I'm done wasting my time talking to an illiterate. Take care (or don't).
prove your point with some actual data, without pulling it out of your *** and I'd be inclined to believe you, other than that bugger off.
if you do in fact prove me wrong(and actually prove me wrong, not just tell me I am wrong because you "say so") I will announce you to be the smartest *** I know, so do it.
I want you to do this for me.

edit: any actual conversation is welcome though~ I will probably make a drug topic one of these days.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Faiye
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-06 16:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Why can't people just not dive when they're under the influence. I mean, I love to have a drink with dinner or whatever, but I can easily manage without.

Have you ever texted, talked on the phone, changed the radio, driven while exceptionally sleepy, or eaten in your car? Maybe you've had a dog or maybe a girlfriend in the passenger seat and was trying for your attention? How about had some prescription pills a few hours before driving? Have you driven to the repair shop knowing full well that your car was having troubles, instead of doing the safe thing and getting it towed? If you've done any of these things, it's no different than driving drunk. I don't see how you can be so adamant about the extreme dangers of driving drunk, when these increase the risk of accidents as well and happen extremely frequently.

You take a risk every time you get in a car, whether they're drunk, an inexperienced driver, or fingering their girlfriend in the passenger seat. A smart person pretty much accepts the fact that they could die every time they hop in a car simply because of the unknown dangers of other drivers, animals, faulty car parts, or weather circumstances.

Why aren't you gung-ho about banning eating, cell phones, texting, sexing, dogs, alcohol, and prescription pills outside of driving? Ok, then why are you so stressed about marijuana outside of driving?

Yes, because complete loss of perception and hallucination is the same thing as eating in your car.

The stupidity in this thread is astounding.

Complete loss of perception and hallucination?

Ok, now I get it, I can't win this argument. The people who argue against it are usually just uneducated and think that this "drug" is on par with LSD, shrooms, or DXM. There's really no point in arguing anymore.

No one claimed it was on par with the other listed substances, it's common knowledge that THC is a hallucinogenic. Please, before you try and state lack of education, educate yourself first.

While this is true it is extremely far fetched to imply that people wouldn't be able to function normally because they'll be hallucinating. THC's hallucinatory effects are extremely mild and typically manifest as a slight auditory distortion (if at all) rather than visual hallucinations.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-06 16:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Explain to me how the suffix was used incorrectly.

I took a course on logic at Florida State, and the professor used the word "fallaciousity" quite often. Not to say that, "Oh, because he did it, it must be right!" But more-so that it's an acceptable use of the -ity suffix, considering it's meaning and etymology.

I fail to see why this is even up for debate, if it's not enough already that I have to work my way through your haze of spelling errors, capitalization and general crimes against the English language.

Quote:
Your inability to correctly use a meme resulted in the cancellation of the original variable (x). If my "poor grammar" is poor, then it's actually good grammar.

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 16:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Why can't people just not dive when they're under the influence. I mean, I love to have a drink with dinner or whatever, but I can easily manage without.

Have you ever texted, talked on the phone, changed the radio, driven while exceptionally sleepy, or eaten in your car? Maybe you've had a dog or maybe a girlfriend in the passenger seat and was trying for your attention? How about had some prescription pills a few hours before driving? Have you driven to the repair shop knowing full well that your car was having troubles, instead of doing the safe thing and getting it towed? If you've done any of these things, it's no different than driving drunk. I don't see how you can be so adamant about the extreme dangers of driving drunk, when these increase the risk of accidents as well and happen extremely frequently.

You take a risk every time you get in a car, whether they're drunk, an inexperienced driver, or fingering their girlfriend in the passenger seat. A smart person pretty much accepts the fact that they could die every time they hop in a car simply because of the unknown dangers of other drivers, animals, faulty car parts, or weather circumstances.

Why aren't you gung-ho about banning eating, cell phones, texting, sexing, dogs, alcohol, and prescription pills outside of driving? Ok, then why are you so stressed about marijuana outside of driving?

Yes, because complete loss of perception and hallucination is the same thing as eating in your car.

Complete loss of perception and hallucination?

Ok, now I get it, I can't win this argument. The people who argue against it are usually just uneducated and think that this "drug" is on par with LSD, shrooms, or DXM. There's really no point in arguing anymore.

No one claimed it was on par with the other listed substances, it's common knowledge that THC is a hallucinogenic. Please, before you try and state lack of education, educate yourself first.

While this is true it is extremely far fetched to imply that people wouldn't be able to function normally because they'll be hallucinating. THC's hallucinatory effects are extremely mild and typically manifest as a slight auditory distortion (if at all) rather than visual hallucinations.
supplementing this post~ if you think thc is anything other than a mild hallucinogen you obviously don't know a damn thing about drugs hallucinogenic or otherwise. Therefore, making everything you know second hand.

first hand trumps second hand

can't make a valid point without sufficient data.
opinion and inferred "common sense"(i put this in quotations to denote the questionable nature of your common sense) can only go so far when responded with hard facts.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-06 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

woops, reading comprehension out the window, deleted my post sorry.
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-06 16:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Wait, loss of hallucination? You hallucinate by default? Or I'm gunna guess you mean pot makes you hallucinate...? Wow. Yes, the stupidity in this thread is now astounding, thanks for it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 16:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
you post some crazy stuff on my smoke break? :P
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Wait, loss of hallucination? You hallucinate by default? Or I'm gunna guess you mean pot makes you hallucinate...? Wow. Yes, the stupidity in this thread is now astounding, thanks for it.
i don't really think one dipshit changed the "stupidity" level of this thread, some people can't make good arguments so they just say things without backing them up and hope it sticks.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-06 16:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:

Lol, yes I went too long without eating today so my head is a little loopy. I quickly came to my senses after a few bites and realized my last post just needed to go.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 16:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:

Lol, yes I went too long without eating today so my head is a little loopy. I quickly came to my senses after a few bites and realized my last post just needed to go.
I get that too sometimes.
Can't think coherently when I don't eat, puts me into a bit of a manic frenzy when testosterone jumps in and starts smacking me in the face with raaaage.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19