First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 22:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
The only negative issue I can see with marijuana is it effects different people, very different. I've never had slow motor skills while high so driving high honestly effects me in no way. I'm normal. It if anything, relaxes me and that's it.

Some people aren't like that and it's just as bad as drunk driving, it's not an issue for me personally, but I understand it is for a lot of people, which makes it a hard issue.

You have proof it doesn't effect you? I can drink a 6 pack and feel fine to drive, that doesn't mean I am.

By driving and not running kids over or having my car contact anything other than the tires rolling on the road? Honestly, weed doesn't make me out of my mind... that's LSD, acid and shrooms. You DON'T drive on that ***.

I don't have weak weed out here either, I take huge *** hits, and it they hit me hard, it just doesn't *** with my mind, it chills me out and makes me relaxed. Like I said though, it effects different people differently, but you have to consider you get the wrong drug dealer and you could get some ***laced with another drug and it will *** you up. You might just get some really epic weed that's strong and you aren't used to it.

You need to use common sense, weed isn't a toy, but it's not near as bad as other legal things, as someone else has already mentioned, legalizing it lowers crime rates a lot. Look and Amsterdam.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 22:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
The only negative issue I can see with marijuana is it effects different people, very different. I've never had slow motor skills while high so driving high honestly effects me in no way. I'm normal. It if anything, relaxes me and that's it.

Some people aren't like that and it's just as bad as drunk driving, it's not an issue for me personally, but I understand it is for a lot of people, which makes it a hard issue.

You have proof it doesn't effect you? I can drink a 6 pack and feel fine to drive, that doesn't mean I am.

By driving and not running kids over or having my car contact anything other than the tires rolling on the road? Honestly, weed doesn't make me out of my mind... that's LSD, acid and shrooms. You DON'T drive on that ***.

I don't have weak weed out here either, I take huge *** hits, and it they hit me hard, it just doesn't *** with my mind, it chills me out and makes me relaxed. Like I said though, it effects different people differently, but you have to consider you get the wrong drug dealer and you could get some ***laced with another drug and it will *** you up. You might just get some really epic weed that's strong and you aren't used to it.

You need to use common sense, weed isn't a toy, but it's not near as bad as other legal things, as someone else has already mentioned, legalizing it lowers crime rates a lot. Look and Amsterdam.

Just because you haven't run over some kids yet, doesn't mean you're not more susceptible to doing so while high.

And I get your point on tolerance. I can't handle pot, so I can't smoke any and function properly.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
So we should legalize it because it is less dangerous then alcohol? there are a lot of illegal things less dangerous then alcohol, should we legalize every single one of them? is alcohol the bar? everything more dangerous is illegal, everything less dangerous is legal? The alcohol thing is the first thing EVERY pro marijuana person goes to, and it falls flat.

Actually one could argue, more people stoned implies less people drunk = less domestic violence, less college rape, compare the amount of car accidents of alcohol impaired drivers to that of high drivers and you have yourself a safer world. This is all outside the fact of course that the govt should have the right to tell you what you can and cannot put inside your body.

I didn't say we should legalize it because its less dangerous then alcohol, what I did say was that in a world were alcohol is legal, it should be, unless your going to argue it also shouldn't be. Now do you have an actual con or pro here? Despite my initial op, what would you vote otherwise? And why?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-04 22:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Marrs said:
So we should legalize it because it is less dangerous then alcohol? there are a lot of illegal things less dangerous then alcohol, should we legalize every single one of them? is alcohol the bar? everything more dangerous is illegal, everything less dangerous is legal? The alcohol thing is the first thing EVERY pro marijuana person goes to, and it falls flat.

Actually one could argue, more people stoned implies less people drunk = less domestic violence, less college rape, compare the amount of car accidents of alcohol impaired drivers to that of high drivers and you have yourself a safer world. This is all outside the fact of course that the govt should have the right to tell you what you can and cannot put inside your body.

I didn't say we should legalize it because its less dangerous then alcohol, what I did say was that in a world were alcohol is legal, it should be, unless your going to argue it also shouldn't be. Now do you have an actual con or pro here? Despite my initial op, what would you vote otherwise? And why?

One could also argue that being stoned leads to more tendencies to drink. Your speaking hypothetically, show me a study that shows more stoned = less drunk
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Just because you haven't run over some kids yet, doesn't mean you're not more susceptible to doing so while high.

And I get your point on tolerance. I can't handle pot, so I can't smoke any and function properly.

Even in anti marijuana like articles you'll find that

"Researchers say about 2.5% of the fatal crashes were attributable to marijuana compared with nearly 29% attributable to alcohol."

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20051201/marijuana-raises-risk-of-fatal-car-crash

Now consider that 2.5% number, were the drivers high? Or did they just test for it? marijuana, unlike alcohol, stays in your system for 30 days, tops, so, were all those 2.5% high? Just like we know all those 29% were in fact drunk? Is this correlation even then meaningful?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 22:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Don't forget my other points, understanding your tolerance and how it effects you is very important. Even a small amount can be bad for some people, I'm just telling you how it effects me.

Same goes with alcohol though. Nothing wrong with a dude who drinks one beer every 5 hours. Some idiot downing a 6 pack could end up killing 12 ppl due to his low tolerance and idiocy though.

I'm all for criminalizing alcohol and tobacco, but we tried that once and it didn't work, so making things that are less harmful and lower crime rates legal seems logical to me... that's just me though I guess. ;/
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 22:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bart you're so wise :D
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 22:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Marrs ~ I just brought up a problem I might have for discussions sake. Tbh, I don't care

@ SK ~ Whoa there, I like my booze and would be upset if I couldn't get it
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-08-04 22:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

When someone says 'alcohol is legal, so why shouldn't marijuana be' it isn't that alcohol has set the bar on what should be legal, it's that it makes absolutely 0 sense to say that it's just fine to be able to get drunk legally, but getting high on marijuana is against the law..

Alcohol related deaths are probably 10x more prevalent then those related to marijuana.. I have no statistics, nor do I feel like trying to find them at this moment, but I can safely say alcohol is putting by far, more people in jeopardy then marijuana is.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 22:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
@ Marrs ~ I just brought up a problem I might have for discussions sake. Tbh, I don't care

Yeah, prohibition didn't work. I was just saying it would actually make sense to make it illegal, but people do not allow that lmao. You're only choice is to keep it legal. And logically speaking since weed actually lowers crime rates and is LESS* harmful than alcohol, keeping it illegal makes no sense tbh.

It's the not being able to tax weed ***, I'm telling you.

*Less, not saying it's not possible for it to be harmful, just that is it far LESS.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Marrs said:

One could also argue that being stoned leads to more tendencies to drink. Your speaking hypothetically, show me a study that shows more stoned = less drunk

You're right that its hypothetical, I can't show you an article that supports the idea that if pot is legal that more people will smoke rather then choose to drink, simply because, well, it isn't legal. Drawing from this, I would think more people do drink, because it is legal, why would someone choose to do something, say publicly, in a social gathering like a bar when they know choosing to smoke pot will get them in trouble?

On a relatively minor sidenote though, do you have an argument yet? Stemming from maybe - What would you vote and why? Or is your argument that my idea that it should be legal because alcohol is reason enough for you to not vote for it? Because that would be, incredibly ironic.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-04 22:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
This is all outside the fact of course that the govt should NOT have the right to tell you what you can and cannot put inside your body.

FTFY

EDIT:

Bart wins again, what else is *** new?!
Eh, I'm quite comfortable with hard drugs being outlawed personally (not saying marijuana is hard, just shifting topics for a moment). ***is extremely bad for you and potentially bad for those around you. It's not beneficial; it's not even zero sum. It's downright bad and the government's job is to facilitate the well-being of its citizenship.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

And I just said I would discuss whatever issue was brought up in the op, like I just did. I don't think I necessarily directed my response, personally, to you.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 22:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A law prof. brought up the issue of being able to test how intoxicated a person is. Can it be done quickly?

Edit - Marrs, I should have added 'either way' on to that. I mean to say I don't care which way it goes regarding the legalization of it

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
This is all outside the fact of course that the govt should NOT have the right to tell you what you can and cannot put inside your body.

FTFY

EDIT:

Eh, I'm quite comfortable with hard drugs being outlawed personally (not saying marijuana is hard, just shifting topics for a moment). ***is extremely bad for you and potentially bad for those around you. It's not beneficial; it's not even zero sum. It's downright bad and the government's job is to facilitate the well-being of its citizenship.

And the pursuit of happiness, if only it was so simple.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-04 22:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

Actually Amsterdam is considering making Marijuana illegal. The locals hardly ever use it. It being legalized there brings in tourism that causes an increase in crime rates. In the same vein Amsterdam is also taking steps to completely get rid of the Red Light district for the same reasons. They no longer want the type of tourists they are attracting. They're making attempts to clean up their streets.

I am for legalization btw. Pointing towards Amsterdam as a positive on the subject is no longer a viable option.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 22:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

FTFY

EDIT:

I smoke legal or not, so I could care less too. being illegal doesn't stop it from being distributed and used, it just makes it annoying to have to do it in private places, nothing else.

It's safe to say there would be a small decrease in alcohol use, and a decent increase in marijuana use if it was legalized, then it would die out to about the same amount that smokes it now. It isn't for everyone.

It would open up new jobs here for companies that want to grow and sell weed. They would prolly make as much as tobacco industries, they can even put in addictive substances like cigs if they want to as well.

Nothing bad will come of legalizing it other than religious people claiming this country is going to hell. We would get to see a funny *** protest from the WBBC though, that's always sweet.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 22:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fairy.Spence said:
A law prof. brought up the issue of being able to test how intoxicated a person is. Can it be done quickly?

This is one of the legitimate issues regarding pot legalization/decriminalization.

Unlike alcohol you don't know how much it takes per person or what effect it has on each person.

That would be the con argument I would make if I were against it. That being said, just make any usage on the road/public places illegal.

There can be laws within legalization.

It's not hard to tell how fcked up someone is, the problem is there's no scaling system and it wouldn't hold up in court.

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fairy.Spence said:

This is one of the legitimate issues regarding pot legalization/decriminalization.

Unlike alcohol you don't know how much it takes per person or what effect it has on each person.

That would be the con argument I would make if I were against it. That being said, just make any usage on the road/public places illegal.

I think pot wins in this case, because, no matter how much you have, you don't die. So who cares? Unless of course the person is driving, (is that what this is about?) to which point, I already addressed, besides with alcohol, your over the limit, your over the limit. I think a definite correlation between driving and marijuana needs to be established first, to even make the matter of worth to talk about, otherwise, why don't we care or bring this issue up with every prescription pill? Its basic common sense, as it will be law, to not do it while driving.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-04 22:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am personally ok with people smoking pot recreationally in their homes, or wherever. And certainly I've tried it before, when I was younger and had lots of money to blow on partying. :p

That being said, I wouldn't want ambulance drivers, school bus drivers, doctors about to perform surgery, or anyone who is responsible for another person's life or safety to be stoned in any way while performing their job duties. AT ALL. LOL

So long as they have an easy way of regulating that level of inability to drive or do their job safely (other than an "eye redness test" or "dude, wanna go to Taco Bell test") I'm ok with it being legal. However, I suspect there isn't (yet) an easy way to test THC levels in the blood short of a blood test as alcohol breathaliser tests work differently, from my understanding.

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 22:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fairy.Spence said:

It's not hard to tell how fcked up someone is, the problem is there's no scaling system and it wouldn't hold up in court.

High Assessment Tool
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-04 22:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Fairy.Spence said:

I think pot wins in this case, because, no matter how much you have, you don't die. So who cares? Unless of course the person is driving, (is that what this is about?) to which point, I already addressed, besides with alcohol, your over the limit, your over the limit. I think a definite correlation between driving and marijuana needs to be established first, to even make the matter of worth to talk about, otherwise, why don't we care or bring this issue up with every prescription pill? Its basic common sense, as it will be law, to not do it while driving.

Yeah I agree. People fall back onto that "well you could drive high and kill someone" argument, yet would gladly keep the 10 or so most common painkillers that are incidently the most widely abused drugs now legal.

"OHP. The label says don't drive! And you'll get in trouble if you do so.. it's ok"

Good game.

(Not saying, again, that pot should be legal because worse things ARE. Just that the argument like that is completely based in fantasy)
hey! I like opiates.
they are my favorite.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19