British People Onry: General Election!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » British people onry: General Election!!!
British people onry: General Election!!!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Jetzabel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 10:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

UK is a welfare state Korpg. Without stuff like VAT, how would we pay for it?

@Fearforever: How else are you going to pay for the deficit? None of the parties are clear about how they are going to do it, but experts show that a combination of higher tax + cuts is needed. Even the conservatives cannot avoid this.

Edit: This once again interested me in how it works in USA. This tax return stuff that people must do there and such... isn't there a sales tax in almost every state? How is that any different from VAT? (VAT has been 17.5% here for the longest time, they reduced it to 15% during the worst part of the recession)

I don't know many countries that don't have some form of sales tax.
 Carbuncle.Maxz
Server: Carbuncle
user: LQCH6027
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-05-05 10:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i just want my country to be independant (scotland) like republic of ireland just wish tht being the uk must have had its benefits but really i know no scottish person who says oh yea im from uk they just say im from scotland and i think id have to vote for salmond or w/e i cant mind the guys name
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 10:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maxz said:
i just want my country to be independant (scotland) like republic of ireland just wish tht being the uk must have had its benefits but really i know no scottish person who says oh yea im from uk they just say im from scotland and i think id have to vote for salmond or w/e i cant mind the guys name

Scotland would be a third-world country if it went independent lol.

I'm from scotland too btw =p
 Carbuncle.Maxz
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-05-05 11:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yea but dont we do more exports than imports here ? but breaking away from the uk would be a good thing think we have grown too dependant on uk thing you can tell by the olympics no scottish player wamts to play in the olympics so they just put the england team in it and call it gb yea right
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-05 11:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the US, posting in your British onry thread.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-05 11:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Few ppl got there before u Akeda lol, btw love the avatar :)
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 11:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of Scottish athletes have voiced their disapproval over that crap. It's Alex braveheart Salmond who said we don't want to be in team GB, we don't want anything to do with England. He belongs on the set of that movie, not in politics lol. How anyone can trust him after stuff like piegate (he charged rich people to sit and eat pies with him at the parliament building - thats against the law), I don't know lol.

If you are gonna bring up the sport thing at all, I'll ask you why celtic and rangers both want to move south, and why big names like chris hoy and andy murray have both said alex salmond talks a lot of crap.

I think the UK dependency has nothing to do with it though - anytime you ask a scottish person why we would be better off without england, all I ever hear is "they steal all our oil, we would be rich if we kept it to ourselves" - The oil wouldn't pay for all the jakeys and heroin addicts we have ><
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 11:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
I'm in the US, posting in your British onry thread.

/cheer
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-05-05 11:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't matter really who will be in power wales still gonna be poor ;;
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 11:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said:

You get free prescriptions! come on! lolol
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 11:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
UK is a welfare state Korpg. Without stuff like VAT, how would we pay for it?

@Fearforever: How else are you going to pay for the deficit? None of the parties are clear about how they are going to do it, but experts show that a combination of higher tax + cuts is needed. Even the conservatives cannot avoid this.

Edit: This once again interested me in how it works in USA. This tax return stuff that people must do there and such... isn't there a sales tax in almost every state? How is that any different from VAT? (VAT has been 17.5% here for the longest time, they reduced it to 15% during the worst part of the recession)

I don't know many countries that don't have some form of sales tax.

US is a welfare state also.

USA keeps changing its tax code, they will never get it right, because we had it right once, but they changed it!

At the moment, LOLbama makes anyone over 250k pay a huge tax, because he believes in Robin Hood taxes (rich pay for the poor) so that means anyone (or any company) who makes 250,001 or more per year pays 80% or so of the US taxes. Companies who have to pay a huge tax like this ends up laying people off, which causes unemployment rates to skyrocket (10% and counting) and LOLbama still doesn't realize why its so high (its Bush's fault apparently).

Now add to this healthcare issue, and nobody can afford a damn thing. More companies go out of business (companies have to pay a FICA tax at the same rate as everyone else, for every employee, and now they will have to pay a healthcare tax for every employee) and the unemployment rate goes up. This will get him out of office, and screw over whoever takes over for him...but this is all Bush's fault.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-05 11:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Celtic and Rangers wont move to Premiership football because at the moment they are guarenteed Champions League football every season because the Scottish league is so ***half way through the season a 20 point gap opens up between 2nd and 3rd. IF Celtic and Rangers joined the Prem there`s no way they`d be able to break into the top 4, they`re not good enough
 Carbuncle.Maxz
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-05-05 11:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
" - The oil wouldn't pay for all the jakeys and heroin addicts we have ><

aye but we would cut tht stupid methadone ***thats what *** up alot of our healthcare money all them claiming tht stupid drug basically come to your chemist and get high as i said before i dont know much about tht salmond guy rather just get independance 1st then worry about leaders and the reason rangers and celtic wanna move south is for the money the premier league has to offer but again the FA put it to a vote and the majority were against it
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 11:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

USA isn't a welfare state. At least not like UK. This is where is all started. You don't get free healthcare (everyone) in USA (that includes operations, some people even get breast implants on the national health service lol thats another topic) among other things. The things Obama is trying to do follow the systems we all have in countries like UK. Americans typically don't agree with it because Americans don't like tax. There was a great scene about that in the Simpsons one time.

Its a different topic really, but I assure you that what I mean by welfare state as it applies to UK is not how it is in USA.
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 11:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Celtic and Rangers wont move to Premiership football because at the moment they are guarenteed Champions League football every season because the Scottish league is so ***half way through the season a 20 point gap opens up between 2nd and 3rd. IF Celtic and Rangers joined the Prem there`s no way they`d be able to break into the top 4, they`re not good enough

lol they won't get to move south because 1. They aren't english teams and fifa/uefa would never allow it and 2. The big 4 don't want celtic and rangers there actually. You say they aren't 'good enough'... I'm not sure if you know, but the old firm clubs have as much power in fanbase as the big 4 in the premiership. The only reason premiership teams are more rich than celtic and rangers is because of the value of the premiership in tv rights and sponsorships. If those two teams had the same cash flowing in then how can you know they wouldn't be 'good enough'?

But I don't care much for football, its such a 'man thing' and bores me. Just commenting =p
 Carbuncle.Maxz
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-05-05 11:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

oh just to say cardiff and swansea arent in the premier league but both teams are in the english game both clubs are welsh
 Tuv
By Tuv 2010-05-05 11:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The countries gunna be a mess either way, makes no difference at all to me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 11:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm voting for the Lib dems.

Labour have messed up for far too long, and conservatives aims are only to make the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

Though labour did well in their first 3 years of term, they've been doing nothing for 'far' too long.

I agree with some policies from the BNP such as tightened immigration restrictions.(The fact that the curry is now our national dish horrors me)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 11:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said:

And *** Plaid Cymru will get power again, even though they do absolutely nothing for us.

It really irks me.

"HURR GUYS LETS VOTE FOR THE WELSH PARTY HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-05-05 11:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the biggest changes any party could make that would win a ton of votes is petrol prices.

Atm they add a 66p (aprox) Fuel Duty tax THEN charge a 17.5% VAT ontop of that. If only they charged VAT on the actual petrol price THEN added the Fuel Duty the price of petrol would be alot lower.

no one seems to be targeting the motorists in this Election
 Leviathan.Scampi
Server: Leviathan
user: scampi
By Leviathan.Scampi 2010-05-05 11:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Fearforever

the parties know not to go on about prices, the public are not that stupid that they will believe it, no matter who wins the prices and taxes have to go up to get the country out of the mess its in
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-05-05 12:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to increase the cost of Alcohol and smoking and reduce the cost of petrol.
 Tuv
By Tuv 2010-05-05 12:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what they should all do? Instead of saying what they are gunna do, they should take a vote on "what does the public want us to do?" Then change what we all want
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 12:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
USA isn't a welfare state. At least not like UK. This is where is all started. You don't get free healthcare (everyone) in USA (that includes operations, some people even get breast implants on the national health service lol thats another topic) among other things. The things Obama is trying to do follow the systems we all have in countries like UK. Americans typically don't agree with it because Americans don't like tax. There was a great scene about that in the Simpsons one time.

Its a different topic really, but I assure you that what I mean by welfare state as it applies to UK is not how it is in USA.
We already have our lazy son's of *** here.

If we turn more into UK, as we are currently on route, then we will be in a WORSE state than Britain.

Thats the problem.
By Zekko 2010-05-05 12:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:

WORSE state than Britain.

Are you insinuating Britain is in a bad state? Because from my point of view USA is doing far worse.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 12:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:

Are you insinuating Britain is in a bad state? Because from my point of view USA is doing far worse.
No, if you think you got it bad in Britain, in a few years we are going to be a whole lot worse than you are currently. We as the USA.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 12:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Zekko said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:

No, if you think you got it bad in Britain, in a few years we are going to be a whole lot worse than you are currently. We as the USA.

No offence, but the OP asked nicely to keep this about the UK election tomorrow and (ideally) with just British posters and you are trying to turn it into 'our country is more *** in yours' and 'your tax system sucks'. Which isn't really in the spirit of it all.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 12:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Zekko said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:

No offence, but the OP asked nicely to keep this about the UK election tomorrow and (ideally) with just British posters and you are trying to turn it into 'our country is more *** in yours' and 'your tax system sucks'. Which isn't really in the spirit of it all.
my fault.

But you got to admit, its still just as good as having "off-topic" discussions like this anyway >.>
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 12:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No doubt a valid point of discussion, but not relevant to us (people in the UK) when the polling stations open in just over 12hours.
By Zekko 2010-05-05 12:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal Democrats.

Conserv's might seem like they have good policies inc and have a honest leader(Cameron), but really he's just saving face. He doesnt care about the issues, he will forgot about "us" and by us i mean the voters putting him there. Example: Tony Blair
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13