British People Onry: General Election!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » British people onry: General Election!!!
British people onry: General Election!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-05 09:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Big chance that nationalist/rightist(fascist-like) parties will win big due to the stressed relationships between different cultures these days.

When parties are careful, considerate and thorough, they're being labelled indecisive by people.

They just love to affiliate themselves with people that shout loud and make promises impossible to keep.
 Asura.Jetzabel
Server: Asura
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
I don't think a world with only white people in it is good or fair.
Or productive.

White people do not have the greatest ideas in the world, but then again, no single race has all the answers.

Mixed community is best, as long as stereotypes don't exists, and those who cause the stereotypes now don't continue to do so.

Yup. BNP = British National Party. Their leader actually once shared a platform with the former leader of the KKK over in USA. His defence when questioned about it on a politics show here was "they were totally non-violent". lol.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-05 09:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We need tighter immigration Laws, start looking after your own before dealing with everyone elses trash.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 09:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Big chance that nationalist/rightist(fascist-like) parties will win big due to the stressed relationships between different cultures these days.

When parties are careful, considerate and thorough, they're being labelled indecisive by people.

They just love to affiliate themselves with people that shout loud and make promises impossible to keep.
Children of Men anyone?
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
We need tighter immigration Laws, start looking after your own before dealing with everyone elses trash.

I agree, but I don't buy the whole "They are stealing our jobs" crap. A lot of the people who don't have jobs, wouldn't get jobs regardless because they are lazy chavs who live off benefits. That is one thing I like about the conservative policies.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-05-05 09:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree 100% on that :)
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-05 09:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is that factor about the BNP yea. The thing about the leeching is 100% accurate.
I think I must live in a heavily Polish/Portuguese area as the majority of them have no intention of learning english nor trying to even get along with us, very aggressive and the moment you say something back they claim racism. Some even claim our benefits and move back to their native countries to leech of it which makes me rage.

But anyway I do not speak for all our immigrants as I've met some very nice Polish people which in many respects are far easier to get along with than our own residents.

OP: I don't mind who is in charge but all I request is cheaper TAX! and some changes to our immigration rules.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 09:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously guys, you got to watch "Children of Men."

You would see a lot of ***now that happened in that movie (since its a futuristic movie, but was made in 2006(?)).
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

You would see a lot of ***now that happened in that movie (since its a futuristic movie, but was made in 2006(?)).

I have actually watched it, nice movie. Pretty disturbing thought that our world could end up that way though, don't you think?

@Dirtyfinger: I can understand your concerns Dirtyfinger. I'm sure I would feel the same living in such an area. The language thing especially annoys me if I must be honest.
 Leviathan.Scampi
Server: Leviathan
user: scampi
By Leviathan.Scampi 2010-05-05 09:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
I agree, but I don't buy the whole "They are stealing our jobs" crap. A lot of the people who don't have jobs, wouldn't get jobs regardless because they are lazy chavs who live off benefits. That is one thing I like about the conservative policies.

i lost a job so a polish that got of the plane on a friday could have it to start on the monday. was working at a factory that was 80% polish, started on the wednesday, got told i was doing a great job,but durring my breaks there was talk about one of the polish workers had a friend coming over friday. thought nothing of it.

got home friday and agency phoned me and told me agency didnt need me any more as the work was finished, bumped into one of the old ladies that worked there a few days later and got told that polish person got his friend a job, ty labour

we cant stop the east eu people coming in and taking jobs but we should cap the number an employer can take
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-05 09:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Korpg said:

I have actually watched it, nice movie. Pretty disturbing thought that our world could end up that way though, don't you think?

@Dirtyfinger: I can understand your concerns Dirtyfinger. I'm sure I would feel the same living in such an area. The language thing especially annoys me if I must be honest.

Yes, but you're still wise enough not to cast your vote on an extreme and possibly violent, racist party. :)
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-05-05 09:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup happened to afew people I know who live near me, I'm just indifferent to the whole system I'll vote the lesser of the evil's I guess :/
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awful Scampi, though to be fair that isn't really the government's fault. The factory/agency is obviously running their own corrupt little system there. Unless we allowed ZERO people to come to work here, that wouldn't change under any government. Sorry to hear about that though =(
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-05 09:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Polish people are generally hard working and agencies get their pay setup not buy hourly rate but salary, that way they avoid paying the minimum wage as a little of our money = alot of theirs so they're blind without doing the research themselves. Which is their own fault in some respects as they do not want to learn our language.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-05 09:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Calatilla said:

I wasnt referring to the job scene, as you say, if ppl wanted to work they`d fid a job, i was talking more about the housing situation.

My brother and his g/f were living with my parents for 4yrs in 1 room with 3 lads of their own, oldest at the time bein 4, constant visits to the housing office to find a placeof their own went on deaf-ears cuz all empty, or due to be empty properties were being allocated to immigrants, they eventually found a private landlord through a friend.

My point is that you should house your own people first, then start worrying about everyone else
 Leviathan.Scampi
By Leviathan.Scampi 2010-05-05 09:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

did you know that when an eu person gets a job here he is entitled to family allowance? even if the kids never step a foot in this country we have to send them the payment? millions of our tax goes out every week for kids that have not set foot and probally wont step foot into this country till they are here taking jobs aswell.

also how is it that bussiness are closing at an alarming rate but you cant walk down a street without seeing a send your money anywhere in the world shop
 Alexander.Hasiano
Server: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2010-05-05 09:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I'm voting for Harold Saxon
OMG!!!! LoL I was gritting my teeth at some of the other spam replies I've gotten so far from non-brits, but you just won a chocolate medal!!!! Can you hear the drums?

*hears the sound of drums*

screw the main parties, vote saxon!
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Calatilla said:

I wasnt referring to the job scene, as you say, if ppl wanted to work they`d fid a job, i was talking more about the housing situation.

My brother and his g/f were living with my parents for 4yrs in 1 room with 3 lads of their own, oldest at the time bein 4, constant visits to the housing office to find a placeof their own went on deaf-ears cuz all empty, or due to be empty properties were being allocated to immigrants, they eventually found a private landlord through a friend.

My point is that you should house your own people first, then start worrying about everyone else

Ah. I've never went through council housing myself. Ever since I was younger (I'm 26 at the moment) before the mass flood of immigrants, I always heard stories about it taking ages ( not 4 years tho ), so I went straight to a letting agency when I moved out. But, the housing situation is more to do with bad forward planning than anything. The population has increased since back in the day naturally, even without the immigration, more houses are needed and not enough are built. So I guess your point stands really - if they can't provide for the people here already, it isn't a good idea to let soooo many more in. That's why I do agree we need tighter control.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-05-05 09:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure a hung parliament is now inevitable, hopefully I'm wrong or it will be another 5 years of bs...
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-05-05 09:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Labour.

Conservatives can kiss my ***.

Lib Dem is kinda my 2nd hope..........

I guess I just want to avoid Conservative (And BNPs, obviously, lol)
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Scampi said:

did you know that when an eu person gets a job here he is entitled to family allowance? even if the kids never step a foot in this country we have to send them the payment? millions of our tax goes out every week for kids that have not set foot and probally wont step foot into this country till they are here taking jobs aswell.

also how is it that bussiness are closing at an alarming rate but you cant walk down a street without seeing a send your money anywhere in the world shop

I had no idea they were getting family allowance for children who don't even live here - that is completely screwed up.

Alexander.Hasiano said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I'm voting for Harold Saxon
OMG!!!! LoL I was gritting my teeth at some of the other spam replies I've gotten so far from non-brits, but you just won a chocolate medal!!!! Can you hear the drums?

*hears the sound of drums*

screw the main parties, vote saxon!

lol. If he was real I would vote for him =p
 Leviathan.Scampi
By Leviathan.Scampi 2010-05-05 09:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
I wasnt referring to the job scene, as you say, if ppl wanted to work they`d fid a job, i was talking more about the housing situation. My brother and his g/f were living with my parents for 4yrs in 1 room with 3 lads of their own, oldest at the time bein 4, constant visits to the housing office to find a placeof their own went on deaf-ears cuz all empty, or due to be empty properties were being allocated to immigrants, they eventually found a private landlord through a friend. My point is that you should house your own people first, then start worrying about everyone else
Ah. I've never went through council housing myself. Ever since I was younger (I'm 26 at the moment) before the mass flood of immigrants, I always heard stories about it taking ages ( not 4 years tho ), so I went straight to a letting agency when I moved out. But, the housing situation is more to do with bad forward planning than anything. The population has increased since back in the day naturally, even without the immigration, more houses are needed and not enough are built. So I guess your point stands really - if they can't provide for the people here already, it isn't a good idea to let soooo many more in. That's why I do agree we need tighter control.

the housing problem is not all down to immagrants, housing was always in trouble, to many young single girls used to/and still do get knocked up to get top of list to get houses.people that try to play it straight get screwed over, often having to buy a house or go letting agencies

im 43 now but years ago when i started a family we waited 3 years to get our place, we kept going down the list because school kids would leave school have a kid and get all the benefits that come with being a single parent
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 09:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The last 13 years under the labour government 3 major things happened:
• 10 years where the entire world economy grew by more than any other time in history, 10 years of pure un-interrupted growth.
• 2 Wars, both nearing their 10 year anniversary
• Recession, the biggest in the UK for nearly 30 years and one of the most far reaching in history (nearly every ‘western’ country was affected)

One of those three things were caused by the government (War), 1 wasn’t avoid by the government (Recession) and was 1 the government claimed credit for despite it being very little to do with (Growth).

Tony Blair had a lucky run in office, a side from the wars, the world ran itself beautifully and he just sat back smiling claiming a lot of credit for something that was happening globally. There was foot and mouth and a few other crises to sort out, but the country was so rich that it wasn’t really a big deal.

Gordon Brown had a rough time of it, the London bombings were in the first week of his reign (iirc) and it went down hill from there, global economy died on its ***, the anti war movement got strong enough that he was under some constant pressure to sort it and one of his biggest mistakes (that many people forget) he solid a third of the UK gold reserve and at the lowest price for 30 years! I almost feel sorry for him, but then again, he signed up for it.
His policies are based on the concept of ‘We won’t do as bad a job as Cameron would’ which is a pretty poor argument to build and campaign on. They are going to be more aggressive at solving the national debut but at what cost?

Cameron is trying waaay too hard to be and American style Politian and it really isn’t working. Their policies aren’t aimed at sorting the nation debt as they just want to reduce wastage in order to solve the debut. No doubt there is wastage in the public sector (at management level before I get nurses flame me), but I don’t think that is enough to solve such a hideous debt.

Cleg’s campaign has been pretty much ‘I am not labour or conservative… that’s good right?’ and while it is great that they are trying to differentiate from the 2 main partys, but they need to come some decent policies of their own and decide what they stand for rather than waving in the wind. I would love for the Lib Dems to develop into a viable 3rd party.

Personally I am not sure who I will vote for, but where I live the Lib Dems have a very strong majority (with the conservative in a distant second). So to a point it won’t matter who I vote for as it 95% certain that the Lib Dem man will get back in, and I can’t say I have a problem with that.

Any one voting for the BNP should be given a government sponsored vasectomy in the polling booth.
 Leviathan.Scampi
By Leviathan.Scampi 2010-05-05 09:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh it dont matter who you vote for. no matter what party wins the people of the uk will lose
 Leviathan.Scampi
By Leviathan.Scampi 2010-05-05 09:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Pretty sure a hung parliament is now inevitable, hopefully I'm wrong or it will be another 5 years of bs...

not really, i looked at ladbrokes website yesturday abd tories are 1/50 - 1/500 on 321 seats. that would put them in with just the dead certs
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.haroldsaxon.co.uk/index.shtml

If you never watched Doctor Who, you won't get this lol

@Argettio: I agree, David Cameron is basically a poster boy for the Tories. Or to put it another way, they tried to make him their very own Tony Blair. I agree that their isn't enough substance in their policies either. I like some of their ideas, but you unless you support them for real, you have this knowledge inside that they only want to look after their own (i.e. the rich folk).

I also agree Gordon Brown has been really unlucky, but I've got another thing to say about that. Most of his unpopularity comes from how he looks/presents himself (hence Cameron has tried to present himself like some kind of celebrity at times), but I'm really confused about that - I don't want some smiling joker ruling the country. Ruling a country is HARD, and I'd prefer someone serious doing it lol. I can't help drawing parallels with Andy Murray - lots of people don't like his tennis because he is too 'moody' and serious. Seems to me the British people are really vain sometimes...
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 10:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

80% of all the people coming into this country are from the EU and there are absolutely no controls on people moving within the EU due to the treats we have signed over the years.

So there isn’t much we can do about it all. We either leave the EU - live as a true island nation or we get into the EU enough that we can try and change the rules. But at the moment we aren’t ‘in’ enough to be taken to be taken seriously, but not ‘out’ enough to tell Europe to screw themselves.

I have felt for years that we (as a country) need to make a decision one way or the other, the in decision is weakening us as the member states that want an United States of Europe are building bonds/ties/networks and we are standing on the edge going “Um – Ah – Err”.

And to those people that say the Polish (or other eastern Europeans) are ‘stealing’ ‘our’ jobs, stopping being so damn lazy and take a job, they are out there. Tescos are nearly always looking for people, and there is one of them in every town in the UK.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-05-05 10:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Voting conservative here, because they want to actually help people create businesses and they wont increase the VAT to 20% like Labour and Lib dems want to
 Leviathan.Scampi
By Leviathan.Scampi 2010-05-05 10:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Argettio

hey maybe we could be cleaners aswell? road sweepers? burger king? wow nice to know our children leaving school have good jobs waiting for them

lucky for me my wife has a good enough job that pays the morgage. tescos wouldnt pay my beer money

industry has always been a good sorce of income for kids that dont do to well at school. start at the bottom and work there way up. polish has taken that from them, guess if there lucky and work hard at tescos they could be on 10k a year in the end

so tempted to run to tescos now and asked plz could i work for them lol
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 10:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Voting conservative here, because they want to actually help people create businesses and they wont increase the VAT to 20% like Labour and Lib dems want to

Don't people realize that Value Added Taxes hurt the economy and the nation more than anything else any policy can do?

Taxing just for the sake of taxing would increase the costs of that item, which would then lower demand of that item, and causes people to have to get fired for lack of sales.

It would also increase inflation by having those who pay the higher price pay an even higher price next year and an even higher price the year next.....

...and people support VATs?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13