British People Onry: General Election!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » British people onry: General Election!!!
British people onry: General Election!!!
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Jetzabel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 08:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For all my fellow Brits on here who are old enough to vote: Who will you be voting for tomorrow, and why?

I've still not decided between Labour and Lib Dem. So confusing!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 08:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I vote for Pedro so all my wildest dreams will come true.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-05 08:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
So confusing!

Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-05-05 08:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Prob labour since conserv fked wales over many many times (but maybe lib dem) if I'm feeling nice.
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 08:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said:
Prob labour since conserv fked wales over many many times (but maybe lib dem) if I'm feeling nice.

Yeh they tend to do that to countries that aren't england lol.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-05 08:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you do, don't change your currency to Euro.
 Asura.Barthalomew
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-05-05 08:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd vote for whichever one had nicer teeth.....

edit: you know, to set an example for the rest of the country...
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-05 08:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wont be voting for the Tories since they sold 90% of the country off, Labour inherited a *** up country so u cant blame em for not fixing it yet(if it can be fixed)

But idk if i`ll be voting for Labour either since they`re not too bright when it comes to immigration (close the *** borders already dumbass)

Whoever gets in I cant see a big change to be honest
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 08:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
agreed.

Cause if you do, you will get *** over by France and Greece....
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 08:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
agreed.

Explain the France thing.

FYI, I am against joining the Euro, but I don't understand you bringing up the french...
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-05 08:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Brown already said we wont be changing to the Euro, assuming u wanna take his word for it, besides, £1 is worth more than 1 Euro, least it was last time i checked
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 08:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
agreed.

FYI, I am against joining the Euro, but I don't understand you bringing up the french...
They are the two worse economies in Europe at the moment.

Greece is well known, France's policies will make it so.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-05-05 08:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i refuse to vote for "the big 3". I mean yes a vote for any other party is technically a wasted vote - however if everyone stopped voting for these shitty parties that have been taking the piss out of the british public for god knows how long then maybe they will actually have to start delivering on promises if they expect to actually remain in power.

So me... i uno! anything that isnt labor, conservatives or liberal democrats.
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 08:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I'm voting for Harold Saxon

OMG!!!!

LoL I was gritting my teeth at some of the other spam replies I've gotten so far from non-brits, but you just won a chocolate medal!!!!

Can you hear the drums?
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-05-05 09:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maaan I'm so confused by the UK government now haha >< I'm becoming too americanized D: halp!

Last I remember; Tony blair was Prime Minister and crumpets are still the bestest thing ever. I think Gordon Brown is running for Labor? Any fresh faces in the other 2 parties?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 09:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't Tony Blair get kicked out of office for supporting Bush?
[+]
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
agreed.

I'm not really an expert on the policies of the French, however when it comes to evaluating the power of the euro and forces that will make it worse, I doubt the french will be it's downfall. Thank you for the info though.

Asura.Calatilla said:
Brown already said we wont be changing to the Euro, assuming u wanna take his word for it, besides, £1 is worth more than 1 Euro, least it was last time i checked

If Labour stay in power that will hold true. But I know Lib dem want to join the euro, which is one reason I probably won't be ticking their box.

Shiva.Xellith said:
i refuse to vote for "the big 3". I mean yes a vote for any other party is technically a wasted vote - however if everyone stopped voting for these shitty parties that have been taking the piss out of the british public for god knows how long then maybe they will actually have to start delivering on promises if they expect to actually remain in power.

So me... i uno! anything that isnt labor, conservatives or liberal democrats.

I dunno, I feel like I've had a pretty pleasant time living under labour government all these years - the recession was a global thing and brown was one of the lead figures in making sure the whole world didn't collapse. Smaller parties sound good but when it comes to putting it into practical use I'm really scared about what would happen if one of them took control.
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-05-05 09:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Honestly I don't know ><, I moved stateside while he was still in office... and it's hard to find up-to-date non-biased news these days that just tell you the facts without the opinion haha ; ; And I don't like sifting through 4 pages of crap to find the one sentence that could answer my question soooooo I just don't bother :P
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

No, there is a lot of reasons why it happened, but the main one was that there was an understanding between him and Gordon Brown, that Brown would take over the power eventually. I think Blair had already overstayed his welcome on that. He didn't get kicked out, he stepped down as PM/Party leader.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-05 09:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Korpg said:

No, there is a lot of reasons why it happened, but the main one was that there was an understanding between him and Gordon Brown, that Brown would take over the power eventually. I think Blair had already overstayed his welcome on that. He didn't get kicked out, he stepped down as PM/Party leader.

Lol, it was basically a coup, yeah. And it had little to do with Blair's policies.

The man has served almost three full terms. I wouldn't discredit the British people by saying he was an awful leader. ;p

Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 09:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
agreed.

I'm not really an expert on the policies of the French, however when it comes to evaluating the power of the euro and forces that will make it worse, I doubt the french will be it's downfall. Thank you for the info though.
You should be more worried in 2012 when the IFSB and US GAAP finally combine. There will be *** /slaping all over the world.

When GAAP becomes more "theory" and less "rules," then thats just going to open up to a lot of fraud in the US. When IFSB becomes more open because of what GAAP is bringing, thats going to show a lot more fraud in the international (specially Italy, Russia, China (if they even will follow it), Australia, Greece, and France) financial reporting standards.

Yes, I think we need to co-operate as a world, but damn, trying to make it happen all at once is just going to cause problems on both sides of the scale. US GAAP keeps fraud from happening (yes, it does, SOX really helped a lot) and IFSB keeps the paperwork looking the same. Those are their two strongest ideas, but their weaknesses will overcome the strengths when they combine.

Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-05 09:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My votes on the BNP.
[+]
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Korpg said:

Lol, it was basically a coup, yeah. And it had little to do with Blair's policies.

The man has served almost three full terms. I wouldn't discredit the British people by saying he was an awful leader. ;p

Every leader has their flaws unfortunately. And the British political system is pretty complex (Lets not even get into the devolved powers between each country here lol). I think Blair was alright, he was charismatic if anything. But a lot of people didn't like the way he jumped in bed with Bush, it is true.
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
My votes on the BNP.

Eww. I take it Hitler is your idol then?
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-05 09:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that Tony Blair was a good leader in comparison to Brown. He did alot of good for the UK and the NI peace deal wouldn't be where it is without him.

Edit: No lol I'm not pro Hitler, I just agree with their immigration policies.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-05 09:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I prayed that Blair would be the first ever EU council president. Instead we now have that Belgian zombie.

Herman van Rompuy
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 09:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I think that every country should take care of their own people, and not have some international government dictate what some country should do.

And I think that every state in the US should do the same, and have only the Feds worry about keeping out military working, like they are supposed to do....
 Asura.Jetzabel
By Asura.Jetzabel 2010-05-05 09:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I agree that Tony Blair was a good leader in comparison to Brown. He did alot of good for the UK and the NI peace deal wouldn't be where it is without him.

Edit: No lol I'm not pro Hitler, I just agree with their immigration policies.

Haha glad we can be civil about this. I can't agree though. I am all for tighter immigration control (especially when it comes to unskilled people who are just coming to leech), but the BNP are a racist party. It has been documented so many times and they regularly slip up when trying to hide their true feelings. I don't think a world with only white people in it is good or fair.

Edit: I should rephrase - white ENGLISH people, cause that is essentially what they want.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-05 09:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
I don't think a world with only white people in it is good or fair.
Or productive.

White people do not have the greatest ideas in the world, but then again, no single race has all the answers.

Mixed community is best, as long as stereotypes don't exists, and those who cause the stereotypes now don't continue to do so.
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13