Regulate Religion, Not Guns.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-12-04 12:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Asura.Zarine said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
The hate around FFXIAH.COM towards me and my views, is a perfect example of the kind of hate that religion actually causes.
Awww, that's so sad....if only it were true. People don't have an issue with you due to you being an athiest, but more the fact that you've been a raging *** towards everyone who believes in any form of religion. You are the biggest hypocrite in this thread. You complain about how religious people have a "holier than thou" attitude, and that we think we're so much better than everyone else, but you're the one who has been inferring that anybody who believes in religion is dumber than a rock. How silly of people to have faith. There are ways to have a civilized discussion about religion, but evidently that is well beyond your grasp. And to clear things up, I am calling you a dumbshit not for what you believe, but how you act.
^_^ This is what Religion will do to you ~.^
Very well put. Indivisually we all have the right to believe what we want and should respect each other regardless if they are religious, not religious or atheism for example.
We create our own chaos, not religion.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-12-04 12:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

*individually* sorry for mistype lol
 Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe I am a victim.

Everyone said I was wrong about religion spiking hate.

So I proved it with this thread :P

Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-04 12:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Alyria. I never came on here bashing anyone. I only shared my very own beliefs. [Show OP] I was bashed for it. Am I not aloud defend my self? My only fault was bring up a Topic that causes a lot of hatred and destruction. Religion.

If you would let this die instead of having the urge to keep responding then no one would be pissy towards you.

As far as this has gone, it only makes you seem more dumb. There comes a time when you just need to feel satisfied with what you said and let this thread run it's course.

Most of your responses are just quoting someone and saying it's religion that does this.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-04 13:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 13:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Alyria. I never came on here bashing anyone. I only shared my very own beliefs. [Show OP] I was bashed for it. Am I not aloud defend my self? My only fault was bring up a Topic that causes a lot of hatred and destruction. Religion.

If you would let this die instead of having the urge to keep responding then no one would be pissy towards you.

As far as this has gone, it only makes you seem more dumb. There comes a time when you just need to feel satisfied with what you said and let this thread run it's course.

Most of your responses are just quoting someone and saying it's religion that does this.

I'm not running this thread by myself lol.

There are a lot more people than just me posting comments :P

Asura.Zarine
Server: Asura
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2009-12-04 13:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Asura.Zarine said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
The hate around FFXIAH.COM towards me and my views, is a perfect example of the kind of hate that religion actually causes.

Awww, that's so sad....if only it were true.

People don't have an issue with you due to you being an athiest, but more the fact that you've been a raging *** towards everyone who believes in any form of religion.

You are the biggest hypocrite in this thread. You complain about how religious people have a "holier than thou" attitude, and that we think we're so much better than everyone else, but you're the one who has been inferring that anybody who believes in religion is dumber than a rock. How silly of people to have faith.

There are ways to have a civilized discussion about religion, but evidently that is well beyond your grasp.

And to clear things up, I am calling you a dumbshit not for what you believe, but how you act.

^_^ This is what Religion will do to you ~.^

lol. You're hopeless.

You don't know what my beliefs are. You have no idea how "extreme" I may be.

I've already said this a few times now, but I really don't care what a person believes. To each their own.

My issue is when people are treated like ***due to said beliefs. There is absolutely no reason for it.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-12-04 13:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
LMFAO The repitilians are returning!
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-04 13:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
If you would let this die instead of having the urge to keep responding then no one would be pissy towards you. As far as this has gone, it only makes you seem more dumb. There comes a time when you just need to feel satisfied with what you said and let this thread run it's course. Most of your responses are just quoting someone and saying it's religion that does this.
I'm not running this thread by myself lol. There are a lot more people than just me posting comments :P

Bolded for your pleasure.

They only keep it going because you keep giving them something to feed off of.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-12-04 13:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
If you would let this die instead of having the urge to keep responding then no one would be pissy towards you. As far as this has gone, it only makes you seem more dumb. There comes a time when you just need to feel satisfied with what you said and let this thread run it's course. Most of your responses are just quoting someone and saying it's religion that does this.
I'm not running this thread by myself lol. There are a lot more people than just me posting comments :P
Bolded for your pleasure. They only keep it going because you keep giving them something to feed off of.
People keep responding because they choose to. It is definitely not due to a single person.
Where is the maturity in here.
By Dionysius 2009-12-04 13:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, Frobeus is right. Although the way he put it could have been nicer. lol

But it's really a mute point to debate. It all comes down to the individual. Free will is awesome. Either you believe or you don't. Simple as that.

I will say, for those saying things like if God is real and wants us to believe in him that he should just prove it. I ask you, why should he? He has already proved his existence to humans through his relationships with the likes of Abraham and Moses. Even in those times, when God was "active" with his peoples, there were some who still did not believe and lacked faith. Why would that change today?

God knows that not every single human will have faith in him. He leaves it up to us to prove our dedication.

Look at it likes this, as a parent you want your children to follow your rules, because as an adult you know what's best for them. You can show them the right way or path to take. But ultimately it is up to them to do it. You don't want them to just do what you say because they are scared of you (which is likely what would happen if God were to "prove" to us he existed) you want them to do these things because they love you and are genuinely appreciative of the things you have provided them.

Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 13:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I like what Aravol said :)

Back to you.

I gave them nothing to feed off of for the last 20 hours. >.> I was asleep then I went to work.

What do you think kept the thread going?

Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 13:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Stories of Abrahama, Moses, Men living in fish are part of a Fictional book ><
 Asura.Zarine
By Asura.Zarine 2009-12-04 14:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you keep going back to that? Not everyone in this thread is christian.

But keep chugging along. This is making work pass much quicker.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 14:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zarine said:
Why do you keep going back to that? Not everyone in this thread is christian. But keep chugging along. This is making work pass much quicker.

Uh no ***. I'm not christian.

And I'm very happy that I'm not :)
 Asura.Zarine
By Asura.Zarine 2009-12-04 14:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Asura.Zarine said:
Why do you keep going back to that? Not everyone in this thread is christian. But keep chugging along. This is making work pass much quicker.

Uh no ***. I'm not christian.

And I'm very happy that I'm not :)

You missed my point. You just keep spitting out the same rhetoric as if that wins the thread, but not everyone here is christian and believes in the bible.

Bismarck.Ebonie
Server: Bismarck
user: Ebonie
By Bismarck.Ebonie 2009-12-04 14:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Aravol said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
LMFAO The repitilians are returning!
Except the part where it says he was born a man.
 Bismarck.Ebonie
By Bismarck.Ebonie 2009-12-04 14:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

also you clearly didn't read my post. That is not evidence you have the credit to say ALL religion is this way. Sense you don't seem to get this I'll tell you. You can't. There are to many religions for a single person to be 'expert' enough to claim this.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 14:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me break down the word religion into it's natural meaning, with sources :)

Prefix~Root Word~Suffix

Re~> Again, Anew, reclaim.

Source~> http://www.onelook.com/?other=web1913&amp;w=Re-

Lig~> To lie.

Source~> http://www.lexic.us/definition-of/lig

Ion~> The act of, State of, Result of.

Source~> http://www.english-for-students.com/tion.html

Religion, the natural meaning: The act of lying again and anew.

=)
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 14:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:

Prefix~Root Word~Suffix

Lig~> To lie.

=)
 Bismarck.Ebonie
By Bismarck.Ebonie 2009-12-04 15:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:

Prefix~Root Word~Suffix

Lig~> To lie.

=)

Lig can also mean to choose or to read.

http://www.michigan-proficiency-exams.com/greek-latin-roots.html

Asura.Zarine
By Asura.Zarine 2009-12-04 15:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ebonie said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:

Prefix~Root Word~Suffix

Lig~> To lie.

=)

Lig can also mean to choose or to read.

http://www.michigan-proficiency-exams.com/greek-latin-roots.html

That doesn't matter because, umm......Stories of Abrahama, Moses, Men living in fish are part of a Fictional book!

/wins thread.

Am I doing it right?

Anyway, this thread has gone past the point of somewhat reasonable discussion, so I think I'm done for now.

I may be back if Bulleta starts acting up again.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 15:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I am totally sorry, let me rephrase the natural meaning of Religion for you perfectionists :)

Religion: The act of reading or telling lies again and anew.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 15:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

One question for Ebonie and Zarine.

Are you guys obssessed with me and my thread?

The reason I ask this is because the moderater fixed it so this thread will not show up on the Main page anymore. So you had to manually find this thread.

Hmmm... Just a question :)
 Bismarck.Ebonie
By Bismarck.Ebonie 2009-12-04 15:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:

The reason I ask this is because the moderater fixed it so this thread will not show up on the Main page anymore. So you had to manually find this thread.

Actually my computer can handle a large number of pages/tabs open at once. So if I'm, lets say talking on a forum, the only thing I do is refresh that page. I also rarely turn it off.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ebonie said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:

Actually my computer can handle a large number of pages/tabs open at once. So if I'm, lets say talking on a forum, the only thing I do is refresh that page. I also rarely turn it off.

Oh delightful. You keep my thread up at all times :) ~.^
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-04 16:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
100% Correct.

100% Scam.

Psychics make money the exact same way.

Telling *** stories :)

I had enough of your ***, and this is it.

Psychics? what do you know about psychics and the paranormal ESP, sixth sense as it is called. You do realize there is certain people with, a knack and sense of certain things? Whether explained or not explained?

I am such a person, I'm not explaining what I mean and thats it. Anyway, what I was going to say you poor lost soul. I do not now what happened to you when you were a kid. But usually when someone , jumps out like this it shows a lot on how they were raised. You parents did a shitty job thats all I am saying, if you were my kid I beat you so bad with a belt you'd have no *** skin left on your body. You're ignorant, there are other religions besides the *** one you encountered and was raised by. There is more to things than you know and stories, dummy. One experience you have is not the same as other peoples, you do know that right?

Psychics are fake, what type of crap are you reading? do you go to tv for your answers? Do you know about different religions, and tribes and such from other countries?

Here we go, this is it I have a story to tell : ( I have had enough of this ***):
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a family I know about whom has been around for a while, around the mid 1800's this family was having members born into it there were siblings born into the early 19:00's also. So one of the last born children from that wealthy bought up family he was from, leaves and sets out to become a preacher/pastor. around the time of 1940's he was roughly 38-45 years old and finally decided to get married with a girl between the ages of 16-17 years old, and they started having kids. Family with about 4-6 or more siblings, first 2 children were born about 1946/1950 and the rest came after that. Two babies died when they were 2 weeks old so it would have been nearly 7 or 8 siblings :(. Anyway this pastor has a strong faith in god, but not only this he likes to help people out a lot. He is wealthy for the time it is in his country/nation. His children have maids, but usually one of them the second born does not like them doing stuff for him so he does it himself. This pastor can translate to people of other countries and nations when they visit and when asked to also, he was those type of people and well liked by everyone.

Best of all he was a role model to his children, foremost the most "important" thing. He had animals, and a farm and everything almost, that he could ever need they were well off. He helped lots of people no matter whom they were he would allow them to take board in his home, some times people he let in frightened his children, but he still did. These people got up on their two feet, and got help they needed and moved on.

Now , concerning this man owning his own church he did. But there was something wrong, I do not know if it was with the time's or not but people wanted to kill the pastor. He received threats, and other types of stuff, people resorted to other types of crap to kill him. Most of which was flat out, rejected and backfired on them.

Like one time this pastor on a dark night, knowing so left a late night service with one of his second son whom was about 10-13 at the time. It is known that people wanted him dead, did not like the church or were nut fanatics of the work and help, the pastor did. Point is 3-6 men went and followed him home to plan and kill him, while he was traveling from church at a late service with one of his sons. The son noticed the men all armed, and was informing his dad about it. hom replied with " not to worry about a thing" (so yeah literally there is nothing to worry about) thus his son got scared. They kept approaching and sneaking about with weapons, and again his son informed him dragging behind him knowing that they were being followed. Then all of the sudden the men jumped out with all types of weapons, and stated "pastor ******* we are here to kill you!" to which the pastor was not even paying attention when lunged out at him. Then all of a sudden a flash of light or energy startled hit or scared the men, even the soon for that blink of an eye. The son was not scared but in shock at what happened, the men screamed scattered and ran around as if they could not see. Then when the pastor noticed he began to laugh and said "It is me guys Pastor ****** there is no reason to be afraid come on now". Thus the pastor told his son, like he said there was nothing to worry about.

Then there were those other attacks, and an even worse attack (I'll explain this one more in detail). Now like I said this guy for the time he was in his country had visited other places like usa etc, and went god knows where for business to help translate , and be a pastor and spread religion. Now he also had maids and servants apprentices, etc people whom wanted to help him, and envious people whom just flat out had hatred for him. There was a man whom, he knew and shared views with and was said to work for him whom had tried to kill him (coming up). The pastor has food that was doused in poison, by the scumbag, enough poison to kill an elephant. So while the pastor went to eat this man was hiding somewhere and waiting, for him to eat the poison and just die.

Thus when the pastor ate the food, the man was shocked as to why he was not dead. guys thoughts was probably like "damn ***, ***, impossible". But when the pastor was done, he said "come out *****, I know you are there" (not telling you the persons name). Thus realizing he was caught the man came out and shocked argued with the pastor on how it was impossible, he gave him poison in his food and he ate it all and nothing happened. The pastor said " it is because I prayed before I ate it". But in reality this is what happened, the pastor said; " I knew you were coming to do this, so i just replaced my food", " I waited for you right here I knew all along". He then told the guy he was not going to press any charges or anything only that he have faith in god and look for help for what he was going to do. the guy was shocked because all of the stuff he heard about the pastor was true he even was a Psychic. So the man admitted that he lost, listened to the pastors words. Then he went home , then hung him self. This pastor's children went on to be nice individuals, and have plenty of children. Thats is pretty much all there is to it and a strong faith, and as a individual. To have respect you need to give it. Thats it.

Just so people know including you OP that was a true story. I do not know what your malfunction is but you are starting to really piss me off. I mainly posted this story because of you because it seems like you need help, and seeing this story from another country where stuff like this was possible back in the day seeing how the country/nation I am talking about is in the West Indies where ***like this came happen , and the like. This just proves you do not know ***, about other religions and are nothing but a tool, and a sad joke.

I edited the last paragraph because it has curses in it and, was way rude. I am not trying to get topic banned. There is no need for me to sync to OP level I am above her.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-04 17:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
You're completely wrong.

Religion preaches superiority, and hatred

And science doesn't?

Ever hear of eugenics?

Your beloved science in the United States practiced sterilization of the mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Religion didn't drive that. Science did, because the mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE didn't contribute to the "perfect" idea of a human being. So they sterilized them.

If you think religion is the only cause for hatred, you are the most ignorant, self serving piece of ***to ever post on these forums. And that's saying a lot.

[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-04 17:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Vendi said:
Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Nothing can go poof out of thin air, thats it.
Neither can god then

Well it depends, there has to be a way everything came into being. Lets say god for instance was around or was a factor of the big bang, or was bought into being from it. Never know, and if thats the case, he can have not gone poof out of thin air.

ROFL!

Do you realize that you've just contradicted yourself here? You have been so adamant about the impossibility of the big bang, but yet when the question of your Gods existence comes into questions and your now responsible for acknowledging his own creation you resort back to the possibility of the big bang. So by your own admission the big bang or God could have created everything. Because each are plausible. You really should check your previous posts before you go off on rants.

Admittedly I am an Agnostic to borderline Atheist. I genuinely envy those with such strong faiths. I know I will never have that feeling of unshakable passion. That passion must be wonderful bliss. One would say you could "change", but its not as simple as that. If you "know" something to be false than forcing yourself to be otherwise would almost be an impossibility without extreme evidence or circumstances.

I don't claim to know all that encompasses our reality, and anyone who does is moronic. But what is undeniable is science. You can chastise science all you want, but science is something anyone can decipher on their own. Using math as an example, if you add 2 2 you cannot argue that the answer would be 4. It will forever be a proven fact. The thing about religion is that their is no way acknowledge undeniable facts/truths. I believe in evolution, not necessarily from monkeys but evolution is undeniable in general.

Now for those with your strong faiths to which ever religion you adhere to. The reason nonbelievers are adamant about the disbelief of 'god' is because it is the lack of fact. It is so insulting(speaking mainly for myself) for someone to speak such ignorance as though it is fact when in actuality its just theory. I find it even MORE insulting when my own mother? father? brother? friend? child? would put more faith in their god than in me. I can assure you, we're I to be either excessively kind or mischievous I bet that I could have a greater impact on any individuals life through my actions opposed to a 'god'.

I do not wish to come off as insulting or a preacher of atheism, but simply their are equally the same amount of people on both sides of the line that act in the exact same manner. The only difference is who their standing behind. You can find murderers, rapists, poets, dentists, crazy people, vulgar people no matter which faction they stand behind. The only key factor is that they are all human and are all flawed.

Lastly I'd just like to point out that Stanflame are seemingly one of the most ignorant and vulgar people I have ever had the displeasure of entertaining my thoughts with. From your crude use of the English language, to your excessive and unwarranted swearing, to your vastly illogical and contradictory statements. Regardless of my disdain in your faith's and belief's I can surely say that you do not do your 'people' justice. I would be ashamed.

I did not contradict my self, there is a reason I said that. You have no idea what I meant *** retard. people give an answer about the big bang and people who are about god, say the same things. So I stated what if god was created from the big bang problem solved. Stop complaining about it, maybe he was created from the big bang or when the universe began or before it did meaning he created it. If he exits or not to be fair to both sides. Feel stupid yet?

Oh btw I say he does exist. problem? get out of my face.
[+]
 Fenrir.Empedocles
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2009-12-04 20:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There's something I'm confused about.

Why do people speak of 'Science' as a Religion? There's no worship of any kind. There are no rituals. There is no book or books That Must Be Obeyed. (Capitalisation intended)

The Big Bang Theory is just currently the most fitting explanation of how the Universe came to be as observed by humanity. As our technology develops, and more data is observed and collected, it will either be modified or most likely discarded in favour of a new one.

Stanflame: You have to admit, for every person who may have ESP or Psychic abilities that can manipulate mass, there's probably thousands that fake it to scam people :(

Also... excessive swearing and insults do in fact deteriorate your arguments. If you want people to take you more seriously, providing a calm and polite front goes a very long way to achieve this.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28