Regulate Religion, Not Guns.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-01 02:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Marzanna said:
It just seems to be just too much for most people lately. If there is no proof then it doesn't exist. Sadly this seems to be the general mentality of the younger generation...
Rene_Descartes said:
Cogito ergo sum
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-12-01 02:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Marzanna said:
It doesn't have to mean believing in a "God". And by anything I don't mean fairies and Santa Clause.. Believing in higher beings, or realising that there may be things out there bigger than our own tiny little world.

It just seems to be just too much for most people lately. If there is no proof then it doesn't exist. Sadly this seems to be the general mentality of the younger generation...

I see it as fortunate that the younger generations are moving away from the need to believe in magical beings and starting to believe in the human spirit. Whenever religion has ruled, there is almost always bigotry, hatred, and intolerance. In order for humans to ever have ANY hope of becoming a peaceful species, we will have to get rid of the delusions of moral superiority that religion tends to create. So to me, it is a good thing. 8)
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-01 02:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be honest, I didn't really thoroughly read the OP, but I did see it was bashing religion, so the first thing I thought of was to go find that George Carlin skit, lol.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 02:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What I have against religion is... They start you when you are so defensless. I was 3 years old when they started pumping this BS into my head. I believed in Santa Clause and the Fairy Godmother, ofcourse I believed in virgin birth, a guy that lived in a whale, and a woman came from a rib. But then, something very important happened to me that made me doubt all of it. I graduated the 6th grade :)

Hey what is more funny is you believing in santa and the fairy god mother I never once believed in that ***. Religion has nothing to do with santa clause anyway... I know where the origins came from like anyone else. I am not catholic but this is funny. As for religion it does not need to be regulated like you said, how the *** do you know if anything in the bible has no meaning? There is a meaning, but seeing as you posted the first post you are completely blind and ignorant like anyone else whom is saying they believed in religion and now are an atheist or what ever non believer in anything.

Now why am I posting, it's not about atheist really just the fact people think everything went poof and bam out of thin air. even if it did something caused it, and that at it all would be the main source of all that has happened and what gave people like you, and everyone else science to say they know more when they do not know ***, shall I go on? Someone or something obviously gave you the knowledge to spout the info you did. going towards everyone in the thread, not just one person...

Darwin evolution crap can kiss my sorry ***, oh and I did not evolve from a monkey. Because I know so...

Get your trash out of here.

Before anyone says anything to gang up on me it is true. reason you have knowledge to deny everything is because it was given to you, I am not speaking from this from a religous point. You did not go poof out of thin air and tthe universe freaking created. Even if it did as I said, that could be what created it all and what people reference to god am I not correct...?

I'd laugh my *** off if the big bang was transformed into a spirit entity whom decided to create planets and everything in the universe... gasp!!!! wait then atheist like you and other's would ***the *** up.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-01 02:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the worst part about this thread, is that the OP took excerpts from a famous comedic standup routine, entangled portions of her own beliefs, and spat the whole thing out on a public forum as though they were her own words in what looks like an attempt to sway others from their faith.

All of which shows me that the OP is simply misguided, and has no concrete understanding of what faith truly is.

I feel sorry for her... life must be terribly unfulfilling for her to be so lost.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-01 02:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Darwin evolution crap can kiss my sorry ***, oh and I did not evolve from a monkey. Because I know so... Get your trash out of here.

I hope your being sarcastic, I can't tell cause the OP won't load >.<;

There is concrete evidence that shows the cycle of evolution.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-01 02:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Silvaria said:
Leviathan.Marzanna said:
It doesn't have to mean believing in a "God". And by anything I don't mean fairies and Santa Clause.. Believing in higher beings, or realising that there may be things out there bigger than our own tiny little world.

I see it as fortunate that the younger generations are moving away from the need to believe in magical beings and starting to believe in the human spirit. Whenever religion has ruled, there is almost always bigotry, hatred, and intolerance. In order for humans to ever have ANY hope of becoming a peaceful species, we will have to get rid of the delusions of moral superiority that religion tends to create. So to me, it is a good thing. 8)

Said feelings of moral superiority generally come from the main stream religions imo, bible bashers and the like. This sort of extremist religion, I'll agree is not really a positive thing.

However, I didn't say anything about religion ruling at all. I'm talking about believing in something greater than yourself. As per my previous posts I was brought up believing in spirituality, more neo pagan if anything, which is hardly a "religion" in the common sense of the word. There is no hatred, bigotry or intolerance. It is about positive thinking, broadening our minds, listening to our inner voices and so on.. I don't think people really wish for me to go into all that.

Religion isn't really the problem. It's extremists who push their point of view onto others, and who are to narrow minded to accept people who have a different point of view. None of which is what I was endorsing, I was simply stating, that the inability to believe in something just because there is no proof, be it religious or not seems sad to me.

Where's the faith?
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 02:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Where's the faith?

It died with the last expansion.

Faith will take a break until FFXIV is out.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-01 02:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No, your totally right...

...wait

I think I can hear my inner voice...

*listens carefully*

...its telling you to shutup!
By semimmortal 2009-12-01 02:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
2. Isn't it ironic(wrong word?) that Religion is being blamed for something 'Humans' did? As such, should we not be "Regulating Humans?"
^This (#2 at least, I've yet to see that ep. from #1 /cry)

Ok, we'll go along with that plan and erase religion. What do we have left? Race, nationality, language, etc. (could end up with eye color. Hint: Aryan race). Those would be our next target.
It's unknown WHY humans react this way to others. It might be due to the differences in their environment and culture which causes huge shock/confusion/panic. It's inevitable. It's human's nature.

The only solution is
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
through experience and education
Of course, it has to be on the right track for it to work lol.
So don't blame it on religion. Blame it on the people who9 mis-uses it.

As for prayers... >.>;
If you didn't study for that Calculus IV exam at all, which is in 5min then pray to God you'll pass or hope the prof. died of cancer...
GOD>> AHAHAHAHAAAA. Fail.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 02:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:

...wait

*listens carefully*

An educated guess... you can see dead ppl aswell? Right?
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-01 02:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:

...wait

*listens carefully*

lol? Don't really care if you agree or disagree. Which is the whole point of this, people are allowed to have different points of views and religons. It's those who force theirs on others that need to "shutup" :P
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-01 02:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Segaia said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

...wait

*listens carefully*

(Yes, I'm bored. Camping NMs does that to me.)
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 02:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:

HAHA i exactly had that picture in mind when i wrote it XD

What NMs u campin?
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-01 03:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Boll Weevil, 0/4 on this ring so far. :/ One hour till it repops.
 Bahamut.Oblivion
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2009-12-01 03:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was brought up as a christian, before eventually settling on existential nihilism.

I'm totally ok with faith, though. The validity of faith means not a damned thing if it helps people from a "spiritual" aspect. Belief is everything.

I sort of envy people who have faith in religion, or political systems, or whatever ~ they have a form of devotion I can never have; life kind of sucks when your logical conclusion is that all of it has no objectivity.

I don't care what you believe in; as long as it doesn't "harm" others, I'm ok with it.

Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 03:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So why would you believe some other human being (Who's brain "I promise you is no bigger or better than your own") when he tells you he knows what happens when you die?

"Don't masturbate now, or you won't get to hang out with Jesus in heaven! How do I know!? I've got a pointy hat! I have a hat, and a robe, I have smoke and a wand!"... It's so gay.

Well just so you know, there are plenty of humans with high Intelligence. They do exist but does that mean they are not real? High intelligence to the point where a sixth sense can be formed. well to what we can see, you said everyone's brain is a like and we are all the same. People think differently so maybe that is the problem? Point is how can you tell if psychic's are not real...? Well that can be classified as a sixth sense including the various type's etc. There are plenty different types and what can play a role is high brain activity... or being born into a specific type of family how would we know? Do I think it's possible yes.. do I think some people are fakes? Yes. But are most real? in the Relm of dreams , and stuff that equate to real life a bad omen. See funny thing here, this is a reason why i laugh a people when they post ***on this site.. yet you say you where born a catholic and probably most people here? Religion does not need to be regulated it has done a lot to keep people out of trouble and families together. Another thing is this You as a catholic pretending to be some atheist, you guys need to be born into different families and ethic groups because maybe then you would shut up.

One more thing whom ever said master bait would bring you to hell? Japanese monks even masterbate they can't have sex well someone of them can' besides the one from clans and religions that are allowed and can get married. did you know that?

Maybe all the stories of gods and other stuff has a meaning maybe they can be real maybe not? but all you can be certain is something is out there, and if you guys have to think you have to be dead to witness the truth, you are sadly mistaken.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 03:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Boll Weevil, 0/4 on this ring so far. :/ One hour till it repops.

GL, i tried the other ring set, but it's just overcamped atm.

PS.: this is a demonstration about how useless it is to debate about religion.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 03:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Oblivion said:
I was brought up as a christian, before eventually settling on existential nihilism.

I'm totally ok with faith, though. The validity of faith means not a damned thing if it helps people from a "spiritual" aspect. Belief is everything.

I sort of envy people who have faith in religion, or political systems, or whatever ~ they have a form of devotion I can never have; life kind of sucks when your logical conclusion is that all of it has no objectivity.

I don't care what you believe in; as long as it doesn't "harm" others, I'm ok with it.

change the way you think then? heard how I said change it was meant really to better yourself in feeling confident that there is a reason things exist and stuff happens. Open up to different possibilites, not the god this gods that does not exist people who believe in religion are dumb asse's and the bad stigma christians give off like it's bad to be one... people whom are like this are the sore losers anyway.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-01 03:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I tried the one in Crawlers Nest but lost claim, so I figured I'll just stay here for this one until I get it, then move. Oh, I know religion is the deadest horse out there, but at times there can be some laughs from the arguments.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 03:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Kujata.Segaia said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

...wait

*listens carefully*

Psychic are real, you never really know about ghost activity and stuff like that. I never see anything, maybe in reality if you have a strong faith stuff like that won't effect you?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 03:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Darwin evolution crap can kiss my sorry ***, oh and I did not evolve from a monkey. Because I know so... Get your trash out of here.

I hope your being sarcastic, I can't tell cause the OP won't load >.<;

There is concrete evidence that shows the cycle of evolution.

umm yeah there is.... BUT ARE YOU THAT *** STUPID TO THINK THAT I DO NOT KNOW THAT?

Whom had evolution occur what is evolution? And no we did not evolve from monkey's I have my thoughts darwins law on me and whom I have he is wrong about. I did not evolve from no monkey, I know so so *** off.

So lets say some proof were to come out in the 21st century that *** PROVES god exist will you shut the *** up?

This is exactly what I am talking about. Whom are you to say darwin did this and that, and is completely right? Oh yeah he was a scientist , well there were them thousands of years before his *** came into existance I am certain they figured things out WAYYYY before him and had a better understanding. I do not believe in simply evolution, because I think it was forced. Not saying it does not exist, but whom gave you the knowledge to say you came out of some soup and evolved from small specs of organisms? tell me? what science and intelligence, where did it all come from? the math the HIGH IQ THE 230+ IQS the High IQ psychis's that probably exist? you honestly think one day you were here and born and the simple *** answer was some thing exploding?? what about the other explosion or creator of the big bang? and the thing before that? what created the gases that formed the universe? what created the thing that created the gase's and entity before that and before that? I can go on and on with this.

Nothing goes BOOM and pops of NO WHERE FOR NO REASON. It is common sense.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 03:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For all you know this universe can be someones freaking ANT FARM in a glob or crystal =/.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-01 03:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
For all you know this universe can be someones freaking ANT FARM in a glob or crystal =/.

Or or or!!!

[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 03:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Psychic are real, you never really know about ghost activity and stuff like that. I never see anything, maybe in reality if you have a strong faith stuff like that won't effect you?

The only arguements that support the existence of ghosts are not even theories. If "ghosts" exists it will be nothing like we know from TV-shows or whatever. You would need to argue about the different layers of existence and that there is something like what most of us refer to as "soul". Until we have no possibilities to measure or see the existence of such an object ghosts remain a myth. A lot of devices have been developed to measure that kind of being, but still noone knows what they really measured.

I hope we can exclude the photos where ppl think they see a ghost in it, because the fantasy of one person can exceed reality by far.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 03:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Nothing goes BOOM and pops of NO WHERE FOR NO REASON. It is common sense.

<Absolute Virtue> LAWL!!!
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-01 03:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

Or or or!!!

I wanted to post something from Men in Black too! I just couldn't find pics from the very last scene, where the Earth was just a marble that some aliens used.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 03:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah the whole universe lol?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 03:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to
Kujata.Segaia said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

The only arguements that support the existence of ghosts are not even theories. If "ghosts" exists it will be nothing like we know from TV-shows or whatever. You would need to argue about the different layers of existence and that there is something like what most of us refer to as "soul". Until we have no possibilities to measure or see the existence of such an object ghosts remain a myth. A lot of devices have been developed to measure that kind of being, but still noone knows what they really measured.

I hope we can exclude the photos where ppl think they see a ghost in it, because the fantasy of one person can exceed reality by far.

I want to post a story but it really has nothing to do with ghosts. I was born in the USA but my parents were not. My grandpa on my dads side did a lot of things and was well known, he was one of those people. It's really too long post all of it here anyway. But he was one of those type of people.... no words can explain it really it has nothing to do with ghosts =/
By semimmortal 2009-12-01 03:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, there isn't direct evidence that we evolved specifically from monkeys. BUT! It has been proven evolution does occur. We don't know what the early man's appearance might look like. Religious books won't portray how a man once looked like a long time ago, only their tales.
The the theory of evolution isn't a rapid change from on appearance to a completely different one. More like, adaptation to the environment (thus human's appearance in different region of the world before the clash of cultures).

Again, this is all due to misunderstanding.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28