Regulate Religion, Not Guns.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-04 22:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to that time, the guy before the OP I went off on. Hardly went off on Op in the post i made to "it". But anyway, I was saying there is nothing wrong with the big bang theory, what if god was created from it and if not he caused it. It's something you have to find out, where did I contradict my self there I usually always say this when arguments like this come around... I just figured it was the best way to shut everyone up.

Basically, we agree with you Big bang, big bang can also be god. Thats is it , whether or not we were created, nothing goes poof out of thin air. I like science, but people do really need to stop treating i like it is one. Now, where do the origins of science as we call it come from... guess what if was given to you, it did not start on earth I bet, then if I am right where it come from. same with everything else, it all developed out of thin air? I do not think so is all I am saying.

Point, I do not mind anyone discussion except the poster whom I quited in the quote above this one, whom misunderstood what I said (feel stupid I bet). Oh and the story and post directed at the original poster.

/sigh

the poster before me may have been a misunderstanding in what I said so like i said my fault also.

But OP IS IGNORANT, x6.
[+]
 Fenrir.Empedocles
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2009-12-04 22:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Now, where do the origins of science as we call it come from... guess what if was given to you, it did not start on earth I bet, then if I am right where it come from.

It probably came from a caveman thinking: "Rock tougher than Bone. Bone sharper than rock. Why this? How I shot web?" :p

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
But OP IS IGNORANT, x6.

Now this is something almost everyone will agree on. ^.^
x10.
By Vendi 2009-12-05 06:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Stanflame said:
I did not contradict my self, there is a reason I said that. You have no idea what I meant *** retard. people give an answer about the big bang and people who are about god, say the same things. So I stated what if god was created from the big bang problem solved. Stop complaining about it, maybe he was created from the big bang or when the universe began or before it did meaning he created it. If he exits or not to be fair to both sides. Feel stupid yet?

Oh btw I say he does exist. problem? get out of my face.

Again you scream ignorance when you try to get your point across. You seem to have the vocabulary of a 4th grader. Which embarrassingly for me, if you are a 4th grader, than I'll stop responding now. The reason I say you contradict yourself is that specifically you said the Big Band could never happen assuming it was the origin of creation. Again in this post you reiterate what I said before that you said you can assume god came from the Big Bang. In previous posts you said Big Bang couldn't come from nothing. By that logic their would be something bigger than god and the big bang?..

The difference between you and I is that my ignorance of the unknown is exactly that. I don't know! Yours on the other hand is a much worse ignorance, it is to claim factual notions of something when their is no literal proof. I don't deny the possibility of an entity that created all and came from nothing. But with that said, their is a lack of proof for me to devote myself to it as though it is fact. The same can be said about the Big Bang. It is foolish to believe in something without solid evidence. But I guess that's the true definition of Faith.

Stanflame said:
Basically, we agree with you Big bang, big bang can also be god. Thats is it , whether or not we were created, nothing goes poof out of thin air. I like science, but people do really need to stop treating i like it is one. Now, where do the origins of science as we call it come from... guess what if was given to you, it did not start on earth I bet, then if I am right where it come from. same with everything else, it all developed out of thin air? I do not think so is all I am saying.

First off, I would never call science a religion. Sounds kind of insulting. But by definition, people that believe in the ways of science/logic over say the bible/faith can be construed as a type of religion. A religion isn't specifically towards those who believe in the supernatural and a higher being. It is group of people with like minded beliefs of how the universe was created as well as follow a set of social moralities. And because of how broad the word "science" can be... that can be all encompassing to all branches of science. But anyways..
I'm starting to clearly understand your personality and the things you believe in. The fact that you said the things in bold is clear to me that you have watched way to many Star Trek and other random sci-fi movies. Their are several definitions for science, but they all have the same components and this excerpt clearly defines it.
"systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation."
Observation and experimentation; science itself is something any one can practice and develop new possibilities. You make it sound as though 'aliens' or some type of divine intervention is the reasoning for everything that science has produced.

Like everything in life. Their are things that can be explained and things that cant. But to make up your own answers is a great injustice to yourself as well as to the people you portray it to as factual.
[+]
By Vendi 2009-12-05 07:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, also Stanflame, so it doesn't seem as though I'm attacking only your ignorance.

The OP, although I share your resentment as well as agree with some of the views you've expressed, the fact that you tried to plagiarize some comedian just proves how misguided you are. It seems more like your acting out against something/someone rather than really believing in being an atheist or w/e. The majority of your comments centralize around the evils of Christianity and the like. You've professed that religion(though you are specific about the above sects) causes all these horrible things. And though I would have to agree with you on that. But all those horrible things would still be happening if 'religion' was not around. Its in human nature to be selfish and often times cruel. The degree of this is dependent on the individual. To blame religion as a source is really ignorant on your behalf. Atheism has nothing to do with the fact that even 'evil' is within the ~church~.

You seem to have more of a hatred for religion rather than an intellectual curiosity for the truth of creation. It begs to question your reasoning...
[+]
By Scareys 2009-12-05 10:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:

Basically, we agree with you Big bang, big bang can also be god.

When I was younger, I put my teeth that fell out under my pillow, and my parents exchanged it while I was sleeping for $5.00.

While I agree that my parents were behind it...

It could have been the tooth fairy as well ^.^
By Scareys 2009-12-05 10:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest. The hatred didn't come from the OP. The hatred was created by the replies to her topic. Religion and hatred go hand in hand. Although, I believe that the OP knew before hand that this would spike a heated argument... Ofcourse religion will create a heated argument. It's religion.

By Scareys 2009-12-05 10:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Vendi said:

You seem to have more of a hatred for religion rather than an intellectual curiosity for the truth of creation. It begs to question your reasoning...

Which story of creation are you referring to? Since there are 100s of them... There are two creation stories in just the bible alone.

Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-05 11:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Scareys said:
To be honest. The hatred didn't come from the OP. The hatred was created by the replies to her topic. Religion and hatred go hand in hand. Although, I believe that the OP knew before hand that this would spike a heated argument... Ofcourse religion will create a heated argument. It's religion.

Shows how misinformed you are.

Religion and hatred don't alwaysgo hand in hand, in fact, this thread proves that non-religion and hatred can go hand in hand. So I don't understand what half of you are bitching about, because the non believers have proven their hatred more than once. (hi2uBulleta)

The majority of practitioners of religion don't kill other people. They may claim to "hate" people who are different than they are, but they don't act it out. Saying something and acting it out are 2 completely different things.

The majority of practitioners don't go on mass murder sprees or fly planes into buildings. There's also a huge difference between someone who is truly religious and someone who just wears a piece of jewelry because it's pretty. But Bulleta, and you it seems, only see the bad things spawned by religion without seeing the good.
By Scareys 2009-12-06 00:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Shows how misinformed I am.

Did he finally make a point?

/applaud
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-06 00:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, more atheists condemning those who preach, whilst preaching themselves.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-06 00:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Scareys said:
Just as an interesting FYI for those curious--I've confirmed that Scareys and Bulleta are the same person.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-06 04:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Scareys said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

Basically, we agree with you Big bang, big bang can also be god.

When I was younger, I put my teeth that fell out under my pillow, and my parents exchanged it while I was sleeping for $5.00.

While I agree that my parents were behind it...

It could have been the tooth fairy as well ^.^

I was a pretty smart child my friend I knew a lot before I should. Lots did not know this. It's the way I acted when i go older that made people realize this, does this mean, I am as ignorant as the OP nope.

oh and the poster before saying I am, nope I am not won't find ***on me being so. for one you do not know how I think, 2. I listen to both side's 3. I curse usually at the OP because I can't stand her thinking and if you looked closely at all my posts earlier in he thread, there is a reason I act ignorant with people like the OP.

Other than that, I never bas anyone back in that sense, this is just my way of expressng my self and dealing with the ignorance of the OP. I could care less what you think of me.

Her attack is on Christians, I may be Christian but I am not as ignorant as her. I responded back like everyone else here, again you do not know ***about me I am not ignorant as the OP. You do not know me in real life either, again someone I probably would not give the time of day to. Again you do no get how i think, and most people here in the thread can see based on that story it's based on how ignorant the OP is... I am just trying to help her.

She needs the most help here. So trying to nit pick at me how you are doing to the OP in the post few post above , will no work on me. You are not perfect , stop acting like you have no flaws. For all I know you can be calling me ignorant and be hard-headed, ignorant, + what ever in real life. Everyone here agree's she is ignorant. You do not like my views oh well, you'll never see that I agreed with both sides and trying to be a middle man. So you are the dumb one not me.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-06 04:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Scareys said:
Just as an interesting FYI for those curious--I've confirmed that Scareys and Bulleta are the same person.

I bet vendi is her also, I read it and I knew there was something wrong. Yeah , I admit I am not perfect on these forums (IMO no one is), but after these recent events can you take her seriously..? kind of childish if you ask me.

I only read vendi's posts to me and the posts after that, rated vendi down. posted Then all of a sudden read what you said. This thread is done, bye bye dumb *** OP. Vendi/Scareys are probably same person, no smart I noticed something was off ands why I posted the way I did. Could be one of her n000b friends also if it is not her.
By Vendi 2009-12-06 05:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Um. ok?
You did see that I openly insulted her didn't you? Not sure how that convinces you that I'm her or her friend. We're on completely different servers so that makes it even more less likely that were friends and regardless of that.. I wouldn't be friends with someone with so much hatred in them.

Theirs nothing wrong with being a 'middle of the road' person. Regardless of that I did say I wasn't religious so that does show a side. But just because I'm not religious that doesn't mean I denounce the possibility it holds. Most of your comments are either offensive, illogical, contradictory, and reflects the type of personality that would come from an extremist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mDLsyn6ns

I'm sure that's not entirely you.. But you seem the type to put so much faith in what you believe that you ignore any possibility that your wrong.
You claim your a Christian, and that you believe in your god and his teaching, but yet you treat people with such little respect. You couldn't be much of a Christian to act in that manner. You should watch the movie "Left Behind"(with Kirk Cameron). Specifically the part where the priest gets left on earth during the rapture. You hide behind your shield of Christianity as though it gives you some moral superiority. But the way you treat everyone is a clear indication of how your heart really is. And I doubt that's the type of person that your god would want to admit into heaven. You should learn to practice a little more compassion and tolerance, especially if your going to be standing behind your religious beliefs.

Stanflame said:
oh and the poster before saying I am, nope I am not won't find ***on me being so. for one you do not know how I think, 2. I listen to both side's 3. I curse usually at the OP because I can't stand her thinking and if you looked closely at all my posts earlier in he thread, there is a reason I act ignorant with people like the OP.

Do you even know what it means to be ignorant? Why anyone would choose to be ignorant baffles me. It doesn't help your cause in the slightest. You should start looking up definitions of words before you start talking about them. That's also a sign of ignorance..
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-06 05:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Buletta that you?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-06 09:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Scareys said:

I had my suspicions. you're awesome anye.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-06 17:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Stan, Vendi is Vendi. If it were Bulleta I would have said so earlier.
 Carbuncle.Pooter
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kornflake
By Carbuncle.Pooter 2009-12-06 23:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr15c_great-atheist-quotes_creation
 Quetzalcoatl.Nombly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nombly
By Quetzalcoatl.Nombly 2009-12-11 12:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

:D

Russian roulette is JUST A GAME PEOPLE.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [166 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Aryden
Server: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-26 18:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solare said:
Are you trying to start some kind of arguement on ffxiah? I skimmed most of the crap you typed, It wasn't worth the effort to actually read. But FFS, thats your opinion. You're as bad as the bible bashers. You're trying to force your opinion onto others.

So what. People wanna believe in something through out life. That is not a crime. A crime is you Americans running around with guns in your belt, shooting someone that looks at you wrong. Religion is not an issue. Its the trigger happy morons.

Take away gun licenses. Heck, in Aust you cant even get a license if you dont live on acerage.

Jesus christ no, I have a different opinion. I dont believe in god, but I DO NOT aggree with the crap you posted. STFU, no one cares about the crap you post. Stick to the stuff I assume you can do, and thats be a nerd playing at your parents house.

Sorry chappy, your crime here is believing mass media conglomerates that apparently wish you to believe that every american is issued a gun and large quantities of ammo at birth. We, unfortunately, are not.

Personally I think everyone should have a gun, sword, knife, <insert weapon of choice> on them at all times and PROUDLY displayed for the public to see. Why might you ask? Easy, I guarantee you're going to be far more polite to the guy with a howitzer mounted on his SUV in traffic than you currently are... And i will point out this, a county just north of me, has a legal requirement that all homeowners own a registered firearm and kept in their house. This county has the lowest rate of home invasions in the country, and the lowest domestic abuse per capita in our state.

Be a good lad and go take a look throughout history, the way things were written, the interactions with people, et al. When guns/weapons started getting taken away, people started becoming more rude, forceful and belligerent.

Take the weapons away from the people, and the only ones with weapons will be the outlaws and the people in power.

To OP: lol good job, Carlin was/is awesome.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28