Regulate Religion, Not Guns.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28
 Asura.Subzorro
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-12-04 06:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well God or no God you believe whatever you want.
Who cares, i don't. You will when you see the truth.
Then you can play your thoughts over, over, and over again
in your Hot Spot!
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-04 06:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
I shared a view.

It happened to be about religion.

Religion causes hate and violence~>

Like I've said many times~>

Just read the comments from those who share different views then I do~>

A lot of hateful things :)

So is religion not the cause?

It is.

I don't think a thread that is about me not believing in Santa Clause would have caused such an uproar

=)

People caused hate and violence. Take religion out of the equation, and you still have people who will kill over other things.

Banning religion won't give you this utopian society you seem to crave. I suggest you give up your little dream. It's a more ridiculous theory than religion, little girl.

As far as the hateful comments, you started on the offensive. Instead of simply asking people why they believe in god and practice religion, you said religion is *** and we're all stupid for believing in it. If you want everyone to be peace loving, tree hugging hippies, perhaps you should've set the tone in your original post. You didn't. You came off as a *** from the very beginning, and then you wonder what we treat you like one.
By Vendi 2009-12-04 07:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Nothing can go poof out of thin air, thats it.
Neither can god then

Well it depends, there has to be a way everything came into being. Lets say god for instance was around or was a factor of the big bang, or was bought into being from it. Never know, and if thats the case, he can have not gone poof out of thin air.

ROFL!

Do you realize that you've just contradicted yourself here? You have been so adamant about the impossibility of the big bang, but yet when the question of your Gods existence comes into questions and your now responsible for acknowledging his own creation you resort back to the possibility of the big bang. So by your own admission the big bang or God could have created everything. Because each are plausible. You really should check your previous posts before you go off on rants.

Admittedly I am an Agnostic to borderline Atheist. I genuinely envy those with such strong faiths. I know I will never have that feeling of unshakable passion. That passion must be wonderful bliss. One would say you could "change", but its not as simple as that. If you "know" something to be false than forcing yourself to be otherwise would almost be an impossibility without extreme evidence or circumstances.

I don't claim to know all that encompasses our reality, and anyone who does is moronic. But what is undeniable is science. You can chastise science all you want, but science is something anyone can decipher on their own. Using math as an example, if you add 2 + 2 you cannot argue that the answer would be 4. It will forever be a proven fact. The thing about religion is that their is no way acknowledge undeniable facts/truths. I believe in evolution, not necessarily from monkeys but evolution is undeniable in general.

Now for those with your strong faiths to which ever religion you adhere to. The reason nonbelievers are adamant about the disbelief of 'god' is because it is the lack of fact. It is so insulting(speaking mainly for myself) for someone to speak such ignorance as though it is fact when in actuality its just theory. I find it even MORE insulting when my own mother? father? brother? friend? child? would put more faith in their god than in me. I can assure you, we're I to be either excessively kind or mischievous I bet that I could have a greater impact on any individuals life through my actions opposed to a 'god'.

I do not wish to come off as insulting or a preacher of atheism, but simply their are equally the same amount of people on both sides of the line that act in the exact same manner. The only difference is who their standing behind. You can find murderers, rapists, poets, dentists, crazy people, vulgar people no matter which faction they stand behind. The only key factor is that they are all human and are all flawed.

Lastly I'd just like to point out that Stanflame are seemingly one of the most ignorant and vulgar people I have ever had the displeasure of entertaining my thoughts with. From your crude use of the English language, to your excessive and unwarranted swearing, to your vastly illogical and contradictory statements. Regardless of my disdain in your faith's and belief's I can surely say that you do not do your 'people' justice. I would be ashamed.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-04 07:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
I shared a view.

It happened to be about religion.

Religion causes hate and violence~>

Like I've said many times~>

Just read the comments from those who share different views then I do~>

A lot of hateful things :)

So is religion not the cause?

It is.

I don't think a thread that is about me not believing in Santa Clause would have caused such an uproar

=)

I hate this annoying view. Everyone bandwagons on "Religion causes suffering and war".

Take away religion and you'd still have as much suffering and war.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-04 07:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
I hate this annoying view. Everyone bandwagons on "Religion causes suffering and war".

Take away religion and you'd still have as much suffering and war.
Doesn't mean it didn't have it's part. Take away fast food and we'd still have a high obsesity rate
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-04 07:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, this thread is still alive? Last time I tried to backread and get caught up on it, my head hurt.
 Asura.Tuxedo
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Tuxedo 2009-12-04 08:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Life is like a vapor. God or Satan, good or evil, black and white.
Find your way, choose your "god or gods" and live it! You dont
believe in God fine, then you choose Satan. Only person
or people that really cares is you, close family, and your
god or God. People Choose there actions and react on
them causing volience and hate.
[+]
 Ifrit.Cright
Server: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2009-12-04 09:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Questions:

1. Where in the Bible does it say everyone will go to heaven?
2. Where in the Bible does it say some will go to hell?

God designed the earth to be a paradise forever, Satan ruined that for us, but we have a chance to get it back. Don't let the beliefs of one religion ruin your idea of religion, do you own research.
 Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 10:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
I shared a view. It happened to be about religion. Religion causes hate and violence~> Like I've said many times~> Just read the comments from those who share different views then I do~> A lot of hateful things :) So is religion not the cause? It is. I don't think a thread that is about me not believing in Santa Clause would have caused such an uproar =)
People caused hate and violence. Take religion out of the equation, and you still have people who will kill over other things. Banning religion won't give you this utopian society you seem to crave. I suggest you give up your little dream. It's a more ridiculous theory than religion, little girl. As far as the hateful comments, you started on the offensive. Instead of simply asking people why they believe in god and practice religion, you said religion is *** and we're all stupid for believing in it. If you want everyone to be peace loving, tree hugging hippies, perhaps you should've set the tone in your original post. You didn't. You came off as a *** from the very beginning, and then you wonder what we treat you like one.

You're completely wrong.

Religion preaches superiority, and hatred:

"I'm right. Everyone else is wrong."

"You do things that are against what I believe in. I hate you. You are going to hell"

~Gays are nice example :)

People hate gays, because the BIBLE targets them. Not for any other reason. Not for any other reason. Not for any other reason.

If religion did not exist. That hatred would vanish.

If religion did not exist. Hatred for Jews would not exist.

The entire world hates Jews because they don't believe in Jesus, and you believe Jesus was a Jew. Which proves once again that the bible contradicts itself every time you turn the page.

I never said anyone was stupid for believing this crap.

I don't think children are stupid for believing in Santa Clause.

But they grow up one day...
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-04 10:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but you are wrong, even if you took out religion people will always have their own thoughts and opinions about people. Racism still exists, people hate for their own reasons, not because of only religion.

Everyday the world changes and people are still going to believe, think, and give opinions.

Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 10:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bigotry is derived from religion.

The bible literally says not to lay with a man, as you lay with a woman.

This is why Atheists stand up for Gays, and the majority of religious people hate them.

Gays have been tormented for 100s of years by religion.

So have jews.

I'm not saying the world will be perfect.

Because like you said, People are still going to believe, think, and give opinions. But a lot of these evil opinions that people have are from religion.

=/

Sure, Religion has good intentions. But everything with good intentions, is not always good.

It wasn't meant to cause as much hate as it does.

It was meant to help bring peace to the world.

But when there are 1000s of different religions/sects, each one saying they are right and everyone else is wrong...

When the major 5 religions (Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Muslim) preach that homosexuality is evil...

It causes a lot of unneeded problems that wouldn't exist without it.

The hate around FFXIAH.COM towards me and my views, is a perfect example of the kind of hate that religion actually causes.

What are the two topics that you never bring up around your friends because it causes hate? Politics and "Religion".

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-04 10:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My mom is catholic, she goes to church, she believes, prays everyday but she likes gay people and feel they can have their rights. Atheists are not the only ones who stand up for gays. Many people with a religion are ok with it.

Gays weren't the only ones tormented, so were disabled ppl, mental, disfigured, and people who were smart actually. They would torch you and call you a witch if you were smart and had thoughts that they felt was "evil".

It's too late for taking religion away and even if there wasn't religions, ppl will create something they want to believe in.

So bashing people on their own beliefs is really ignorant. People get mad because of the tone, argument, and what some say. you say something they take offense to, of course someone will get mad. No one here hates you cause you made a topic, it's how many topics you brought and what ppl and you have said to get them worked up.

I can end this all right now but I think everyone is entitled to their opinions and ppl will be in a heated state.
 Bismarck.Ebonie
Server: Bismarck
user: Ebonie
By Bismarck.Ebonie 2009-12-04 10:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
The entire world hates Jews because they don't believe in Jesus

So the Muslims hate Jews because they don't believe in Jesus? That's the people who are attacking their country currently. The bible also says these two people will be fighting till the end. That's one prediction that has been right so far, but then again the Mayan calender predicted most of our major events in history too. WWII (as it's been a topic floating around) was one of them.
 Unicorn.Yuffy
Server: Unicorn
user: Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-12-04 10:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I wonder if rly like 80% of the american, french or spanish ppl believes in the bible etc. .
Its the same in France (as in Germany i mean).

I have yet to meet someone into religion as much as an american in France, no joke. Even the religious people here have respect for others and dont show it, its part of the culture here. Tolerance is (more or less, racism etc will always exist) something taught by parents in general and by the system itself, we have churchs and mosquées everywhere, people can do as they want but showing off religious items or talking about it loudly isnt something you do here, whatever is your religion. I'm very tolerant in the way that religion is a detail for me, at most its interesting to talk about it to learn about it, but the people talking about it loudly in public and such, like people in america with flags in the streets and all "jesus hate gays", wow, they deserve to be thrown in jail so they never do this again, learn some respect retards.

At school religion is only treated as a history subject, there is no pushing in your head for any in particular.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-04 11:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion didn't create hate, it created moral values.

What creates hate is the difference we percieve in those moral values.

Hate still comes from humanity, religion did neither create, or abolish hate. All religion does for hate is define it into one "quest" or mission, one vocalpoint.

In other words:

With Religion: We have one group banned against another group (see any holy wars)

Without Religion: We have a bunch of little groups fighting each other (see any American Indian tribal conflicts)

All religion does is create a much larger group of people to fight another large group of people in the name of the "holy"
[+]
 Ramuh.Ardath
user: Ardath
By Ramuh.Ardath 2009-12-04 11:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Wow, this thread is still alive? Last time I tried to backread and get caught up on it, my head hurt.

This is because you are lame Chris, I'm sure the simplest things make your head hurt, like breathing.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ebonie said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
So the Muslims hate Jews because they don't believe in Jesus? That's the people who are attacking their country currently. The bible also says these two people will be fighting till the end. That's one prediction that has been right so far, but then again the Mayan calender predicted most of our major events in history too. WWII (as it's been a topic floating around) was one of them.

The muslims hate jews for different reasons, but all concerning religion.

The problem is...

There are 1000s of different religions & sects, all preaching the same thing:

~We are superior to everyone that doesn't believe what we preach~

Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion is s very dangerous weapon.

Sure, religion doesn't kill people. People kill people.

But it provides a wonderful foundation for hatred.

[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-04 12:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Ardath said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
This is because you are lame Chris, I'm sure the simplest things make your head hurt, like breathing.

0.0 dem be fighting words! XD
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You can say religion isn't as dangerous as guns, but you would be wrong.

Guns only provide a trigger.

Religion provides the reason.

Sure, there are millions of reasons that cause people to kill a person.

But there are only 2 reasons that cause mass amounts of death and destruction.

Politics and Religion.

People don't strap bombs to themselves, and blow up entire buildings full of 1000s of people because the CEO of Walmart cut them off on the highway.

This kind of violence is unique to politics and religion.
 Bismarck.Ebonie
By Bismarck.Ebonie 2009-12-04 12:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Bismarck.Ebonie said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:

The muslims hate jews for different reasons, but all concerning religion.

The problem is...

There are 1000s of different religions & sects, all preaching the same thing:

~We are superior to everyone that doesn't believe what we preach~

Have you researched all religions? Do you know what every one of them stand for? If not then you have no credibility to claim what they preach.
[+]
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an Associates In Science degree. Aviation Operations.
I have a Bacheleors In Business.

Six of my Humanities credits were accounted for by Religious courses.

So, yeah :)
Religions preaches superiority over non-believers and other religions.

Try again.

Bismarck.Ebonie
By Bismarck.Ebonie 2009-12-04 12:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
I have an Associates In Science degree. Aviation Operations.
I have a Bacheleors In Business.

Six of my Humanities credits were accounted for by Religious courses.

So, yeah :)
Religions preaches superiority over non-believers and other religions.

Try again.

Post some links. Give evidence that all religions preach what you say. I don't mean a general study. That statement you claim is like saying you've watched every single movie made and know what they're about. You can have a degree in theater, but that doesn't mean you could make a valid absolute statement such as 'All' or 'every'. I guess they didn't teach you that in a public speaking class.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-04 12:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't mean anything, you can pass a class with a C, doesn't mean you know everything about it.

And you saying that, you just made yourself full of it. Now ppl will hate etc. for your bigotry.

You shouldn't come on here to make anyone's beliefs invalid or bash. You stick to what you believe and let everyone believe what they want. I wouldn't care if someone believed in flying ponies or their god was a paper bag.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jules Willis (Writer, Artist, and Special Education Teacher)~>

The debate on which religion is the best has raged for centuries. Many religious individuals feel passionately about the superiority of their religion. Within Christianity alone, there are many different sects, all of which lean toward the belief that their own signature brand of Christianity is superior to those of their rival religions.

Look, if you will, at some of the religious conflicts that are presented when Catholicism and Protestantism are compared. The Catholic Church and Protestant churches differ in many beliefs. Prior to Vatican II, the Catholic Church consistently taught that the only avenue to salvation and heaven was through the Roman Catholic Church and only Catholics would be saved and gain entrance to heaven. It was believed that the followers of other religions, even Christian denominations would be routed to Hell for eternity.

Some of the issues that the two groups have disagreement on are the Bible as the sole authority for the beliefs and practices which govern Christianity. Protestantism holds that the Bible is that authority, whereas Catholicism stresses a balance between Biblical authority and the tradition of the church itself. Protestants believe that they are given salvation directly through the grace of God. Catholics believe that it is necessary to have the church and its sacraments as a channel for the grace of God. Protestants believe that the way to salvation lies in the individual's belief in Jesus Christ as Savior and the Catholics once again believe that the way is through the church.

With all of the disagreement among Christians, it isn't surprising that other faiths also believe themselves to be superior. Islam and Christianity have roots that parallel each other and yet extremists on both sides chide the other as infidels and savages. Yet both, along with Judaism have roots that revere Abraham and are sometimes called Abrahamic religions. Yet, in spite of the roots that they share they have also at times shared a hatred of each other. This so true that Christians and Muslims have had religiously based conflicts so extreme as to result in genocide.

Why all the hatred and conflict? Why must one religious faction believe itself to be superior to others? Perhaps it is just human nature. Isn't it possible that there is no religion that is superior? Perhaps God just speaks to people in a language that they can understand and relate to. For some, an understanding of Christ as a Savior who atones for the sins of sinners and for others, Buddha who seeks enlightment through a journey of humanness. Right or wrong? Perhaps only a language that the individual might understand. After all, how can finite beings such as humans hope to understand the infinite if not in a simplistic language that they arde able to relate to.

Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What is wrong with having a bigotry towards bigots?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-04 12:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Zarine
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2009-12-04 12:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
The hate around FFXIAH.COM towards me and my views, is a perfect example of the kind of hate that religion actually causes.

Awww, that's so sad....if only it were true. You really do enjoy playing the victim.

People don't have an issue with you due to you being an athiest, but more the fact that you've been a raging *** towards everyone who believes in any form of religion.

You are the biggest hypocrite in this thread. You complain about how religious people have a "holier than thou" attitude, and that we think we're so much better than everyone else, but you're the one who has been inferring that anyone who believes in religion is dumber than a rock. How silly of people to have faith.

There are ways to have a civilized discussion about religion, but evidently that is well beyond your grasp.

And to clear things up, I am calling you a dumbshit not for what you believe, but how you act.
[+]
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria. I never came on here bashing anyone. I only shared my very own beliefs. [Show OP]

I was bashed for it.

Am I not aloud defend my self?

My only fault was bring up a Topic that causes a lot of hatred and destruction. Religion.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 12:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zarine said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:

Awww, that's so sad....if only it were true.

People don't have an issue with you due to you being an athiest, but more the fact that you've been a raging *** towards everyone who believes in any form of religion.

You are the biggest hypocrite in this thread. You complain about how religious people have a "holier than thou" attitude, and that we think we're so much better than everyone else, but you're the one who has been inferring that anybody who believes in religion is dumber than a rock. How silly of people to have faith.

There are ways to have a civilized discussion about religion, but evidently that is well beyond your grasp.

And to clear things up, I am calling you a dumbshit not for what you believe, but how you act.

^_^ This is what Religion will do to you ~.^
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28