Regulate Religion, Not Guns.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
Regulate Religion, Not Guns.
First Page 2 ... 26 27 28
 Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-01 01:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the people in this world believe we need to regulate drugs and guns to make this a safer place. I have a different insight. I think if you're going to regulate one thing that has the most potential to cause death and destruction, it should be religion. Religion is dangerous, and I don't say this out of bitterness. I was raised catholic. I was never molested, but.. Meh i'm a little insulted lol. I was attractive, so hey it was their loss.

What I have against religion is... They start you when you are so defensless. I was 3 years old when they started pumping this BS into my head. I believed in Santa Clause and the Fairy Godmother, ofcourse I believed in virgin birth, a guy that lived in a whale, and a woman came from a rib. But then, something very important happened to me that made me doubt all of it. I graduated the 6th grade :)

What is so hard about saying "I don't know" !?
Ofcourse there are questions that plaque all of us...

How did we get here?
What happens when we die?
Is there a heaven?
Am I on the list?
Who let the dogs out?

So why would you believe some other human being (Who's brain "I promise you is no bigger or better than your own") when he tells you he knows what happens when you die?

"Don't masturbate now, or you won't get to hang out with Jesus in heaven! How do I know!? I've got a pointy hat! I have a hat, and a robe, I have smoke and a wand!"... It's so gay.

Every Sunday is like a pageant with the costumes, the wands, the goblets, the smoke, and the men kneeling down in front of other men with their mouths open.. Nothing gay about that!

Religion, easily has the greatest *** story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of 10 things He does not want you to do. And if you do any of these 10 things, he has a special place full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and anguish, where he will send you to live to burn, and suffer, and choke, and scream, and cry forever and ever untill the end of time. BuT He LoVeS YoU <3 <3 <3 <3

He loves you and he always needs MONEY! He's all powerful, all perfect, all knowing, and all wise, but somehow he just can't handle money o.O!! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more $$$$$ Talk about a good *** story.. Holyshit!

This is Sincere: When it came to believing in god, I really tried. I wanted to believe that there was a god who created us in his own image, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I tried, but the longer you live, the more you look around, and the more you realize that something is ????d up:

(War Disease Death Destruction Hunger Filth Poverty Torture Crime)

This is not good work. If this is the best god can do, I am not impressed. A results like these do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. These are the results you would expect from an office temp with a bad attitude.

Between you and me... In any feasibly ran universe, this guy would have been out on his all powerful *** a long time ago. I say guy, because if there really is a god he has to be a man. No woman could or would ever ???? things up like this ^.^

If there is a god, I think that most reasonable people would agree that he is atleast incompetent, and maybe.. Just maybe.. He doesn't give a ***. Which I admire in a person, and it would explain a lot of these bad results. So instead of being just another mindless-religious robot, mindlessly.. Aimlessly.. Blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompitent father figure who doesn't give a ***, I decided to find something else to worship. Something I could actually count on...

I immidiatly thought of the sun. Overnight, just like that. I became a sun worshipper, but not overnight because you can't see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning....

Several reasons...

First of all, I can see the sun. (Unlike a few other gods I know). I'm big on that, if I can see something it kind of helps the credibility. So everyday I can see the sun as it gives me everything I need: Light, Heat, Food, Flowers in the Park, Reflections in the Lake, the occasional skin cancer but hey.. Atleast there are no crucifixions and setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.

Sun worshipping is simple. There are no mysteries, no miracles, no pageantry, noone asks for money, no songs to learn, and we don't have a building we gather together in once a week to compare clothing.

Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? Its god's will~? It will be done. Fine, but if it's god's will, he is going to do what he wants to anyway... Why the hell pray for it in the first place? Couldn't you just skip the paying, and just go straight to god's will?

I do believe prayers are answered though.. Maybe at a 50% rate! Half the time I get what I want. Half of the time I don't. Same as the four leaf clover, the horse shoe, the wishing well, the rabbit's foot, the mojo man, same as the voodoo lady that tells you fortune by squeezing a goat's testicle. It's all the same.. 50/50... So just pick your superstition, make a wish, and sit back and enjoy yourself.

And for those of you who look to the bible for moral lessons, and literary qualities... I'll suggest a few other stories for you... You might want to look at:

~The Three Little Pigs (It has a nice happy ending)
~Little Red Riding Hood (Although it has that X-rated part where the wolf actually eats the grandmother)
~Humpty Dumpty (All the king's horses, and all the king's men couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again. That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God.)

If there is a God, may he strike me dead!....

?

o.O Nothing happened... lol

[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 01:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion is like Absolute Virtue... it is not meant to be defeated.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-01 01:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And every time you find a way it gets nerfed?
[+]
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-01 01:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Segaia said:
Religion is like Absolute Virtue... it is not meant to be defeated.

It's more like the NM that spawns after you defeat Absolute Virtue... The one that doesn't exist :o
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-01 01:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'll just keep things short:

1. Anybody else think of that Episode of Futurama where Bender "Played God?"

2. Isn't it ironic(wrong word?) that Religion is being blamed for something 'Humans' did? As such, should we not be "Regulating Humans?"
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 01:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion is the biggest bulls*it in history. I'm glad i'm not paying the taxes anymore because i simply went out of the church/religion.

Be honest to yourself... the only reason why ppl still believe in an imaginary being that was created to explain things not known to science at that time was:

a) We can't explain it => must be god
b) We can't explain it and it's bad => must be the devil, need help from god
c) I'm hopeless and my life feels empty => flee like a pussy to god

oh and my favorite:
d) I fear death => hope there is a god and i'm praying as an insurance to get to heaven

Tho Religion has my respect aswell, it is one of the biggest marketing-campaigns ever created.
[+]
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-01 01:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Guess I'll just keep things short: 1. Anybody else think of that Episode of Futurama where Bender "Played God?" 2. Isn't it ironic(wrong word?) that Religion is being blamed for something 'Humans' did? As such, should we not be "Regulating Humans?"

Humans wrote the scriptures a long time ago. The humans in the present have nothing to do with that. They're just guilty of believing the biggest *** story in the history of mankind. It is like blaming white people now, for slavery...
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 01:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

while posting here, this just popped up right beside the commentbox

Even google knows it XD
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-12-01 01:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

we live, we die, we multiply

religion (delete key)
[+]
 Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-12-01 01:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this a copy/paste? It seems strikingly familiar.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-01 01:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming flames?
[+]
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-12-01 01:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
[youtube]RNy6ziOyxoA[/youtbe]

Incoming flames?

this
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 01:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Incoming flames?

Awesome XD

Still waiting for the prayers to join this topic telling us about love, god and whatever. C'mon let us have some fun! lol
 Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-12-01 01:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

George Carlin... I should have known.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-12-01 01:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao aye

pawned
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-01 01:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Humans wrote the scriptures a long time ago. The humans in the present have nothing to do with that.

The humans in the present follow the humans of the past. "History repeats itself" as it were.

Simplistically:

Humans wrote the scriptures
Humans followed said Scriptures
Humans fought and killed as a result of Scriptures
Humans continue to follow scriptures
Humans continue to fight and kill as a result of Scriptures

Notice what started it all? Humans. So does it not make sense that we solve the problem by "Regulating Humans?"

Edit: <3 George Carlin btw
Moreso, you mentioned that we could get our "Morals" from things like Red Riding Hood. Who's to say that the original writers didn't believe in God?

I believe society cannot exist without certain rules and regulations. I stand by the idea that things like the 10 Commandments were nothing more than somebody repeating those rules in writing.

So once again, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for our past. If you really want to solve the problem, eliminate the source. What's the source of the problem? Humans.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-12-01 01:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bulleta loves george carlin as much as I do.. i find that a huge turn on.
 Leviathan.Solare
Server: Leviathan
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2009-12-01 01:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you trying to start some kind of arguement on ffxiah? I skimmed most of the crap you typed, It wasn't worth the effort to actually read. But FFS, thats your opinion. You're as bad as the bible bashers. You're trying to force your opinion onto others.

So what. People wanna believe in something through out life. That is not a crime. A crime is you Americans running around with guns in your belt, shooting someone that looks at you wrong. Religion is not an issue. Its the trigger happy morons.

Take away gun licenses. Heck, in Aust you cant even get a license if you dont live on acerage.

Jesus christ no, I have a different opinion. I dont believe in god, but I DO NOT aggree with the crap you posted. STFU, no one cares about the crap you post. Stick to the stuff I assume you can do, and thats be a nerd playing at your parents house.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-12-01 01:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't particularly find it necessary to believe in a god, but if there is one, then he/she/it will not judge me for being exactly the way they made me: Skeptical of unprovable promises of salvation.

I'm sure some of you have read about how important it is to Kiss Hank's ***, but for those of you who haven't, you might get a kick out of this:

http://www.jhuger.com/kisshank.php
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-12-01 01:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blame the crazy intolerant *** that think they're actually doing the work of God by purging anyone that doesn't accept their faith. Regulate stupid people, and maybe we'll get somewhere. Religion in and of itself didn't have to be a bad thing. I don't have a specific thing I believe in, but I'd like to think there's something after this. Can any of you actually fathom nothingness?

It's not possible.

Nice Carlin plagerism btw TC lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-01 01:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this some kinda of joke that I just don't get? I'm no religious person and and far from a fan of religious extremists, before anyone starts in with that nonsense. But, imo you just come off sounding jaded.

Not to say such a thing does or does not exist. But, to imply answering the prayers of every single of the billions of people out there would be simple? If everybody in the world got what they wanted I would hate to see the state of things right about now.

As I said above, I'm far from religious, if anything i was bought up neo pagan. But the fact that it seems you cant allow yourself to believe in something, anything... is quite sad.
[+]
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-12-01 01:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant stop laughing lmfao
[+]
 Leviathan.Solare
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2009-12-01 02:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Take warning labels off everything. Let the world solve itself.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-01 02:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at least I managed to get my "Eliminate Humans" ranting off before the crazies arrived.

Blast you crazies! I was enjoying myself!
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-01 02:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solare said:
Are you trying to start some kind of arguement on ffxiah? I skimmed most of the crap you typed, It wasn't worth the effort to actually read. But FFS, thats your opinion. You're as bad as the bible bashers. You're trying to force your opinion onto others. So what. People wanna believe in something through out life. That is not a crime. A crime is you Americans running around with guns in your belt, shooting someone that looks at you wrong. Religion is not an issue. Its the trigger happy morons. Take away gun licenses. Heck, in Aust you cant even get a license if you dont live on acerage. Jesus christ no, I have a different opinion. I dont believe in god, but I DO NOT aggree with the crap you posted. STFU, no one cares about the crap you post. Stick to the stuff I assume you can do, and thats be a nerd playing at your parents house.

If it wasn't worthe the effort to read, then why did you skim through it?

How am i trying to force my opinions on others lol? Noone had to read it if they didn't want to.

And If I thought Bashing a bible would save us from the evil that it has bestowed on us, I would rip it to shreds...

Guns don't kill people... People Kill people...

#1 Reason ~> Religion.
#2 Reason ~> A different Religion.
#3 Reason ~> (Refer back to Reason #1)

Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-12-01 02:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Marzanna said:
Is this some kinda of joke that I just don't get? I'm no religious person and and far from a fan of religious extremists, before anyone starts in with that nonsense. But, imo you just come off sounding jaded.

Not to say such a thing does or does not exist. But, to imply answering the prayers of every single of the billions of people out there would be simple? If everybody in the world got what they wanted I would hate to see the state of things right about now.

As I said above, I'm far from religious, if anything i was bought up neo pagan. But the fact that it seems you cant allow yourself to believe in something, anything... is quite sad.

I don't recall reading anyone saying that they don't believe in ANYTHING. Just a lot of people saying they don't believe in a god. Considering that some of the most prosperous and peaceful nations on earth are secular, that doesn't seem to be a bad thing. 8)
 Bahamut.Oblivion
Server: Bahamut
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2009-12-01 02:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Militant atheists are just as bad as any of your fundamentalists.

Maybe if we just learned to let others be, we wouldn't have to make up stupid *** regulatory laws because we never learned to "play nice" at the playground level.

[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-01 02:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bulleta said:
I say guy, because if there really is a god he has to be a man. No woman could or would ever ???? things up like this ^.^

While I am willing to accept many of the things you've said, and even believe most of them to an extent... you lost me with the above quote and because of this I find the entirety of your argument fleeting, immature, and devoid of any logic or credibility.

Maybe it's just my disdain for the stupidity of women, but you surely must know the biblical story that it was a woman who first ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Thus enlightening her to the ways of both good and evil (as man would know neither before this event), tainting mankind for all eternity. Trust me when I say if anyone could *** things up so horribly, it would be a woman first.

However, you are correct in that the institution of religion is a total load of crap. But to understand it you must first find the distinction between religion and faith, as they are very different entities.

Religion is a man-made host, and thus imperfect. It is an institution, something created by man to bring worshipers of similar beliefs together. This is why religion continually asks it's followers for cash. Without the treasury, religion would collapse. There would be no buildings or churches, no salaries to pay for the people or multitude of systems that make religion operate. There would be no missions, no programs, no events... no business of religion.

Should the institution of religion collapse, believers would be forced to do their own studying... their own search for the will of god. There would be no man-made rules or regulations set in place to hinder their relationship with god. No intimidation or fear of censorship, no fear of being cast out when the man-made rules were broken. Without all this, there would be true freedom in the Lord.

Maybe it would be better that way? I could not say one way or the other.

I can say, however, that you are likely not experienced or educated enough in the ways of the world to truly understand what it means to have faith in something larger than yourself.

You obviously want to have faith, to believe that something supernatural is the cause of your life experiences. If you didn't have faith at all, you'd not go looking for another icon to worship. You're simply in a struggle with yourself, attempting to bring into focus the larger picture that is life.

One day, through experience and education, you will begin to understand.

[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-01 02:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't have to mean believing in a "God". And by anything I don't mean fairies and Santa Clause.. Believing in higher beings, or realising that there may be things out there bigger than our own tiny little world.

It just seems to be just too much for most people lately. If there is no proof then it doesn't exist. Sadly this seems to be the general mentality of the younger generation...
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-01 02:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

eh i started writing that long before someone posted the george carlin bit... lol

never did watch a lot of his standup, so didnt put 2+2 together, but still.
First Page 2 ... 26 27 28