Forum » FFXI » Servers » Siren » sick of being pushed around
sick of being pushed around
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-11-30 11:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont get how some of you can have the "its just a game" mentality yet get pissed off if someone else gets the gear you wanted
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-30 11:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Hackstealandbot said:
i dont get how some of you can have the "its just a game" mentality yet get pissed off if someone else gets the gear you wanted

its a double standard I'm afraid
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-11-30 11:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to remind people it's a game and a community. With any community you get your every day nice person, selfish ***, the pushovers. Just gotta deal with it.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-30 11:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The same way people hack, steal, and bot and get pissed off they got banned.

Sup Salvage dupers.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dascorp
Server: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-11-30 12:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ashua said:

Then you have the sycophant career DD who get to fill that role every event. Yeah. Punish people for exping multiple jobs and allow people with only DD jobs and maybe a less useful support option or something to sit fat and happy.

Anyways, None of this was said in a spirit of whininess, but in a matter of fact apathy. If you cant handle being type-casted then you probably should retire from endgame, start your own shell, and or join a new shell before the inner-circle jerking begins.

Please no, have you seen those people that are usually on mage jobs and when you let them come on a melee DD job. Um most dont have a clue what to wear, even if they have great gear and tend to suck.. Sams that dont have 6hit, fulltime str ring. This is coming from my experience. They also dont have any freaking merits on those DD jobs. So no thanks, go full time str rings somewhere else and tp in Kirin's Osode elsewhere.

I would let them come on DD jobs A if they actually knew how to play the job and how to gear it, and B if they had merits on it.

God, even once asked them to come pld and they couldnt tank for ***...

If you have no skills on that job even if you have the best gear, dont *** and go get some skills and merit for the job.

Most maats Cap people I seen make me cringe. Full time that hat ftw.

Some just get the jobs to 75 so they can be loot ***.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-30 12:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Agles said:
idk, but this sever really seems to suck.

seems no matter what endgame ls i go to, i just endup being used and abused. i have even sold all my rdm gear and vailed to ever touch that job again. because it seems all i am with it, is someones tissue paper that can be tossed after wiping thier nose.

idk, it be really seems no one cares about anything on this sever anymore, not even themselves.

for me, its extreamly hard to get anywhere with anything. endgame, missions, quests, hell even getting an propper exp party isnt even possable anymore.

im just getting sick of all this. why are people so mean and selfish. in the end, its better i keep to myself. if i stick my head out to try to do anything, all that seems to happen is i get hurt.

well, just wanted to put my feelings on how things are going out there. hope someone out there cares to read it.
*Hugs.* Sorry you're having difficulty with the game. I haven't read the thread... But, if you ever decide to change servers, Fairy is pretty good and you'd be welcome to join my LS if you wanted. =)
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-11-30 12:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Sup Salvage dupers.

tchh im way before their time.

should be obvious that if you break the rules and get caught youre gonna have to face the music, should also be obvious that if you are a casual gamer and ffxi is "just a game" to you you're not gonna get the best gear or get to do all the things there are to be done in the game
 Siren.Avina
Server: Siren
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2009-12-01 04:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Sup Salvage dupers.

tchh im way before their time.

should be obvious that if you break the rules and get caught youre gonna have to face the music, should also be obvious that if you are a casual gamer and ffxi is "just a game" to you you're not gonna get the best gear or get to do all the things there are to be done in the game

I just wait for the day for the game to turn off and for all these people who felt FFXI was more than "just a game" suddenly are left to wonder where the past several years all went.

And the answer would be, straight into SE's bank account.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 05:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aena said:
Kujata.Thevenominside said:
Remora.Dubont said:
Since when did FFXI the video game = RL internship type job? Seriously its like Oh no you don't have all of the gear that we want or you don't perform like I think you should so you're fired. Game =/= Job. Hate to say it but most people who run EG LS are going to act like a "boss" and you are the freshly hired and easily expendable "employee"

Not when you arnt getting paid.

No one has the right to tell any other person what they should be doing in this game.

"Don't stand behind Fafnir and nuke"

Yeah you're right, I have no right to tell anyone that, ever.

everyone commented on you, ***. *** off. No one can tell anyone what to do. you got what he was saying and she the OP. This is A GAME, momment people start *** leaving ls bye bye. GL *** leech your gear else where.

Sick, talking care of a baby niece? babysitting and them bitching LOL.

I call player warning on this *** too.
Sylph.Megumii said:
Asura.Cyssero said:
Remora.Dubont said:
Since when did FFXI the video game = RL internship type job?

The moment you had to submit an application to the linkshell.

And have an interview to join.

The worst thing about end game shells like that is they're WORSE than a RL job because they don't understand that when you're ill you can't come and hit a giant purple monster. Also a shell I was in thought it was totally acceptable to ask me to skip my RL work to come to an event. Suuuuuuure.

worse watching a baby niece besides being sick or having kids, sad.
 Sylph.Megumii
Server: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-12-01 05:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Sylph.Megumii said:
Asura.Cyssero said:
Remora.Dubont said:

The worst thing about end game shells like that is they're WORSE than a RL job because they don't understand that when you're ill you can't come and hit a giant purple monster. Also a shell I was in thought it was totally acceptable to ask me to skip my RL work to come to an event. Suuuuuuure.

What are you calling sad? That I prioritise my health and real work over a game? You need to get your life in perspective.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 07:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Megumii said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Sylph.Megumii said:
Asura.Cyssero said:
Remora.Dubont said:

What are you calling sad? That I prioritise my health and real work over a game? You need to get your life in perspective.
o
Not you I was quoting that asshle jerk whom, was posting. do not know why my quotes go *** up.

Ane was it?
edit

I was saying it is sad when you see people like that... if you are watching a baby or kids you should do so over a *** game.
By semimmortal 2009-12-01 07:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4137782.stm
Seriously though, why would the LS panic if a member is absent? Is s/he the ONLY RDM in that LS? Really?

But this brings to a serious note. If members won't be able to make to an event, the LS should be informed about that.
Dot.
But if you were to make it to the event, make sure that you will be able to have at least 80% focus into the game.
IF you know you're going to AFK in the game, just make sure it's not on a role that the whole alliance depends on (IE, tanker). Cause when I'm taking a break from classes and work, and end up grieving over the wipe, I don't think it'll lighten up that stress I've built up >.>

That said, the LS has some rules. If you don't like it, leave it. Simple.

As for being "abused" while being at a specific job, look at it this way. As a BRD, if I hate pulling mobs to my exp pt, if I don't sleep mobs in events, if I don't keep up with the buffs I deserve to be laughed upon. But surprisingly, I like pulling/buffing/sleeping. So my BRD is taken to events. Now if I said I hated that, simple: LVL another job and make sure to gear up for it well to impress the LS leader that you're fully confident to take that role.
If you've done so and LS leader doesn't accept your proposal, then you're free to leave the ls and look for another.

It's a MMORPG, it's to be expected. :(
 Seraph.Icefoxx
Server: Seraph
user: Icefoxx
By Seraph.Icefoxx 2009-12-01 08:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bungie said:
didnt read any other posts just the OP.

i suggest to you a few things to avoid ur problem.

1. dont suck, make it clear u dont suck. Be atleast capped on gear you dont need an LS for. if you are not, then you havent reached "the end" to move on to "end" game.

2. get a *** bot and make your self worthwhile, if by endgame you mean an HNM LS. anything else you can just do with your own circle of people.

3. be dedicated and consistant, if you got a decent RL there is a good chance some low life will be ahead of you on anything you want.

4. from the amount of emoness in your post i'll asume your a woman, you got ***... use them! use the fact ur a woman to take advantage of status in an LS, not so much abuse it, but just establish a stable spot. this is FF, thats what ***... errr i mean woman do. play your role or put the game down and go back to the kitchen~ :p

I'm sorry but I read through this entire topic and I have to comment on this post first. "Emoness" doesn't just run in the female gender first of all, and secondly I don't see her post as 'emoness'. On to the *** comment.. I don't honestly see being a female makes things easier unless you're one of those slutty people that do the cyber/flirt thing to get gear or your own way for everything. If you do this you really... should be ashamed. Moving along...

I agree on the Be dedicated and consistent, and keeping gear up-to-date as much as possible.
Bot..? Please~ *hint of sarcasm there*
 Seraph.Icefoxx
user: Icefoxx
By Seraph.Icefoxx 2009-12-01 09:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Agles said:

seems no matter what endgame ls i go to, i just endup being used and abused. i have even sold all my rdm gear and vailed to ever touch that job again. because it seems all i am with it, is someones tissue paper that can be tossed after wiping thier nose.

idk, it be really seems no one cares about anything on this sever anymore, not even themselves.

for me, its extreamly hard to get anywhere with anything. endgame, missions, quests, hell even getting an propper exp party isnt even possable anymore.

im just getting sick of all this. why are people so mean and selfish. in the end, its better i keep to myself. if i stick my head out to try to do anything, all that seems to happen is i get hurt.

well, just wanted to put my feelings on how things are going out there. hope someone out there cares to read it.

Agles,

I understand your pain and frustration all too well. My first 75 was White Mage and let me tell you I have been through 10 different Dynamis LS, at least 5 Endgame shells (2 that consisted of HNMs). I was White Mage every single day in all of those Linkshells even when I had Red Mage (of all things) leveled to 75 as well.

Every single shell I was in treated me like garbage too. Most of it was due to the fact there was limited healers (WHM) and more often than not there was only 2-3 Available (whom usually had to change jobs...) and some days it was just me trying to keep alive an entire alliance. This was back before /SCH was even possible as well. And to answer some people's questions no, the Red Mages didn't help me heal. I was barely lucky to even get a refresh in the tank party of all places...<_<; I used to carry like 20 Yagudo drinks with me it was rather sad.

A few shells got angry at me because I couldn't Raise 3 everyone quick enough. Lol like it's my fault I can't chainspell+ R3 with Manafont attached. (Though that'd be pretty sexy ne?) -_-; Again, no I didn't say R3 was all I'd do it's just that was all people wanted. It was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE! One LS actually made a rule that every single Black Mage got an R3 no exceptions. The LS leader told them if I or the other WHM didn't R3 them they were to stay down til we did or we would be kicked. Needless to say, I left after that. Was the middle of Dynamis and I told them to go **** themselves, goodluck finding a white mage and warped out. LOL. Then like two other whm followed me by warping.. <_<v

Nowadays, I'm still stuck WHM for most events the only time I get to play Red Mage is when my LS leader can't make it. It can be discouraging and believe me it is alot of the time. I keep hoping someone else with White Mage will come along but I laugh about it because I know that's asking for a miracle. My leader doesn't want me changing jobs because I been on WHM so long I'm like a pro compared to someone that just changed to it because they 'have to'. I guess good side is I do get tells from time to time about how nice it is to have me keeping them alive, or how they miss me on WHM if I play something else. (Due to the fact there seems to be more deaths if I'm playing another job <_<; )

My advice to you:
RDM is a job that is heavily needed in endgame. People will want you as that unless someone else can fill your slot. It's a sad thing, but I'm only speaking the truth from personal experience though mostly with a different job as you can see. You will feel used a lot because I think honestly people in the "front lines" and even the damage mages (BLM) forget about us healers/support types at times because it is automatic to them in a group setting that they're getting the heals and such they don't pay attention that hey someone actually is looking out for you >_>;. Some get too cocky and too reliable on you. Example: PLD that doesn't use their MP, at all. Other times we are taken advantage of and barked orders like we're dogs. God I freaken hate that! DRK spam tellin me to refresh them before the PLD crap...

I am sorry you have had a rough time, but remember you're not alone in this. Many feel the same way. Depending on what you'd like to do endgame wise you could do some things with a very small group of people. Things like Dynamis...well, if you don't want to be RDM then retire it and never speak of it. If they somehow find out you have it then tell them it has been stripped clean, retired and no merits were put into it. Chances are if you say that they'll just drop it >_>; Just don't get caught with it lol.

Missions, quests and such isn't too hard. I strongly suggest making your own linkshell to cover those, or keep fishing around for one. People are extremely selfish and rude these days. One of my first friends went from extremely helpful "I would do anything to help!" to "I don't care about anything or anyone I just want my gear/gil." <_< Could always transfer servers if you wanted that is an option, but don't move blinded. Research it first, and see if you can find some help before you even transfer. Good luck to you!

**I understand that Linkshells need people to come specific jobs to get the job done, but they also need to understand playing one job constantly for some people really drains you out to the point you start flipping out at crap. I know I tend to lose my cool sometimes. That's why it is nicer to recruit more people with multiple 75's, but don't forget the others too.

Seraph.Relleum
user: Relleum
By Seraph.Relleum 2009-12-01 12:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand completely how you feel. seeing as rdm was my first 75 that is all my endgame shells wanted me at the time. this is the reason that i leveled other jobs for endgame. i got tired of all the repetitive stuff that rdm does in endgame, im sure you who do rdm in endgame understand why.

If you cant find a new shell for endgame in your server your best bet is to change servers. you play a game to have fun you shouldnt be made to do anything that you hate to do that much
 Bahamut.Ashua
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2009-12-01 12:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Bahamut.Ashua said:
Then you have the sycophant career DD who get to fill that role every event. Yeah. Punish people for exping multiple jobs and allow people with only DD jobs and maybe a less useful support option or something to sit fat and happy. Anyways, None of this was said in a spirit of whininess, but in a matter of fact apathy. If you cant handle being type-casted then you probably should retire from endgame, start your own shell, and or join a new shell before the inner-circle jerking begins.
Please no, have you seen those people that are usually on mage jobs and when you let them come on a melee DD job. Um most dont have a clue what to wear, even if they have great gear and tend to suck.. Sams that dont have 6hit, fulltime str ring. This is coming from my experience. They also dont have any freaking merits on those DD jobs. So no thanks, go full time str rings somewhere else and tp in Kirin's Osode elsewhere. I would let them come on DD jobs A if they actually knew how to play the job and how to gear it, and B if they had merits on it. God, even once asked them to come pld and they couldnt tank for ***... If you have no skills on that job even if you have the best gear, dont *** and go get some skills and merit for the job. Most maats Cap people I seen make me cringe. Full time that hat ftw. Some just get the jobs to 75 so they can be loot ***.

No one is saying that bad players or players who aren't particularly good at a given job---especially a critical role job should be given that option.

When it comes to skill though, Mage jobs and tanks generally take more. You said that most people who play mages dont know how to play DD? As far as skill goes, it's alot easier to play DD well than it is to play support or tank effectively.

My problem is with shells that don't even let you appear on jobs. I know most people here aren't big into sports, but I remember when I was in little league football. I was the fastest kid on the team bar none and had great hands. The coaches wouldn't even try me out in a WR role--not even a chance. Instead, their SONS were placed in the roles even when other kids were better. Skill-based positioning isnt the issue here, its arbitrary type-casting.

Idk, what your server is like, and not exactly sure what that maat cap comment was meant to be, but I don't see why anyone would level 15 75 jobs just for maats cap. People who don't "care" except having that trophy which is useless on almost every job go to 66 --not 75. Chances are if someone has 15 75 jobs, its because they actually give a damn and not just trying to flex their E-peen.
STR ring DD are largely a product of the generation X-box/ToAU era. Most players who were around since 2004 or 2005 know better than to do that ***. So, I'm pretty sure whoever is doing that doesn't do ANY of their jobs right to begin with, which potentially nullifies the argument.
 Sylph.Jax
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 13:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Angles, the way I see it, if an LS keeps asking you to come a critical job such as RDM, just think that they want you on that job because you're good at it. :]
I been job locked on healing for 3 years, so I know exactly how you feel.
You'll get to go a lot more places than DD only people so screw them!! :)
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 13:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Icefoxx said:
Siren.Agles said:
idk, but this sever really seems to suck. seems no matter what endgame ls i go to, i just endup being used and abused. i have even sold all my rdm gear and vailed to ever touch that job again. because it seems all i am with it, is someones tissue paper that can be tossed after wiping thier nose. idk, it be really seems no one cares about anything on this sever anymore, not even themselves. for me, its extreamly hard to get anywhere with anything. endgame, missions, quests, hell even getting an propper exp party isnt even possable anymore. im just getting sick of all this. why are people so mean and selfish. in the end, its better i keep to myself. if i stick my head out to try to do anything, all that seems to happen is i get hurt. well, just wanted to put my feelings on how things are going out there. hope someone out there cares to read it.
Agles, I understand your pain and frustration all too well. My first 75 was White Mage and let me tell you I have been through 10 different Dynamis LS, at least 5 Endgame shells (2 that consisted of HNMs). I was White Mage every single day in all of those Linkshells even when I had Red Mage (of all things) leveled to 75 as well. Every single shell I was in treated me like garbage too. Most of it was due to the fact there was limited healers (WHM) and more often than not there was only 2-3 Available (whom usually had to change jobs...) and some days it was just me trying to keep alive an entire alliance. This was back before /SCH was even possible as well. And to answer some people's questions no, the Red Mages didn't help me heal. I was barely lucky to even get a refresh in the tank party of all places...<_<; I used to carry like 20 Yagudo drinks with me it was rather sad. A few shells got angry at me because I couldn't Raise 3 everyone quick enough. Lol like it's my fault I can't chainspell R3 with Manafont attached. (Though that'd be pretty sexy ne?) -_-; Again, no I didn't say R3 was all I'd do it's just that was all people wanted. It was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE! One LS actually made a rule that every single Black Mage got an R3 no exceptions. The LS leader told them if I or the other WHM didn't R3 them they were to stay down til we did or we would be kicked. Needless to say, I left after that. Was the middle of Dynamis and I told them to go **** themselves, goodluck finding a white mage and warped out. LOL. Then like two other whm followed me by warping.. <_<v Nowadays, I'm still stuck WHM for most events the only time I get to play Red Mage is when my LS leader can't make it. It can be discouraging and believe me it is alot of the time. I keep hoping someone else with White Mage will come along but I laugh about it because I know that's asking for a miracle. My leader doesn't want me changing jobs because I been on WHM so long I'm like a pro compared to someone that just changed to it because they 'have to'. I guess good side is I do get tells from time to time about how nice it is to have me keeping them alive, or how they miss me on WHM if I play something else. (Due to the fact there seems to be more deaths if I'm playing another job <_<; ) My advice to you: RDM is a job that is heavily needed in endgame. People will want you as that unless someone else can fill your slot. It's a sad thing, but I'm only speaking the truth from personal experience though mostly with a different job as you can see. You will feel used a lot because I think honestly people in the "front lines" and even the damage mages (BLM) forget about us healers/support types at times because it is automatic to them in a group setting that they're getting the heals and such they don't pay attention that hey someone actually is looking out for you >_>;. Some get too cocky and too reliable on you. Example: PLD that doesn't use their MP, at all. Other times we are taken advantage of and barked orders like we're dogs. God I freaken hate that! DRK spam tellin me to refresh them before the PLD crap... I am sorry you have had a rough time, but remember you're not alone in this. Many feel the same way. Depending on what you'd like to do endgame wise you could do some things with a very small group of people. Things like Dynamis...well, if you don't want to be RDM then retire it and never speak of it. If they somehow find out you have it then tell them it has been stripped clean, retired and no merits were put into it. Chances are if you say that they'll just drop it >_>; Just don't get caught with it lol. Missions, quests and such isn't too hard. I strongly suggest making your own linkshell to cover those, or keep fishing around for one. People are extremely selfish and rude these days. One of my first friends went from extremely helpful "I would do anything to help!" to "I don't care about anything or anyone I just want my gear/gil." <_< Could always transfer servers if you wanted that is an option, but don't move blinded. Research it first, and see if you can find some help before you even transfer. Good luck to you! **I understand that Linkshells need people to come specific jobs to get the job done, but they also need to understand playing one job constantly for some people really drains you out to the point you start flipping out at crap. I know I tend to lose my cool sometimes. That's why it is nicer to recruit more people with multiple 75's, but don't forget the others too.

^Woo, story of my life too. :]
You just gotta find the right LS that fits for you. I'm thankful for mine because it isn't so difficult for me anymore because everyone is helping everyone when it comes to healing an alliance.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 13:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ya know, sometimes, on rare occasions, the people in question are just too weird for any ONE LS to handle.
[+]
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 13:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

-____________-
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-01 15:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Icefoxx said:
Siren.Bungie said:
didnt read any other posts just the OP. i suggest to you a few things to avoid ur problem. 1. dont suck, make it clear u dont suck. Be atleast capped on gear you dont need an LS for. if you are not, then you havent reached "the end" to move on to "end" game. 2. get a *** bot and make your self worthwhile, if by endgame you mean an HNM LS. anything else you can just do with your own circle of people. 3. be dedicated and consistant, if you got a decent RL there is a good chance some low life will be ahead of you on anything you want. 4. from the amount of emoness in your post i'll asume your a woman, you got ***... use them! use the fact ur a woman to take advantage of status in an LS, not so much abuse it, but just establish a stable spot. this is FF, thats what ***... errr i mean woman do. play your role or put the game down and go back to the kitchen~ :p
I'm sorry but I read through this entire topic and I have to comment on this post first. "Emoness" doesn't just run in the female gender first of all, and secondly I don't see her post as 'emoness'. On to the *** comment.. I don't honestly see being a female makes things easier unless you're one of those slutty people that do the cyber/flirt thing to get gear or your own way for everything. If you do this you really... should be ashamed. Moving along... I agree on the Be dedicated and consistent, and keeping gear up-to-date as much as possible. Bot..? Please~ *hint of sarcasm there*

Lol sad that there some loosers that go for some of these
cyber flirts. They hope one of these so-called Rl females
(who are probably she-males lmao) will give them some RL play
Lmao. The reality is their RL boyfriends are probably playing with their *** while she's doing the cyber/flirt thing to get gear or their own way for everything while they laught at you smoking a phatty of that "good green" :0
 Siren.Mogwaii
user: Mogwaii
By Siren.Mogwaii 2009-12-05 00:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Agles, I am on Siren after coming back in Aug (had some serious health stuff had to leave a while.) Anyway, I own a Dyna shell and a Social/fun events one as well. #1 yes there are morons on Siren but, aren't they everywhere? Do not let anyone "make you" sell your gear. Nobody in the game is worth making you not enjoy it or play how you choose. If your in an end-game shell sadly yes you have rules to follow. I try to let everyone come to Dynamis on the job they are most comfortable on. Why? If your comfortable you want to be there and you play better. Sometimes yes for some areas people do have to change and that includes me. Yes Rdm is a hard job but, as I'm sure the other leaders will agree so is running a LS. Doing your job and keeping track of everything else while doing so is not easy. I have done over 13 runs in Dynamis (with my new dyna shell) and I have not once lotted on any gear. Why? because I'd honestly rather the members get it first. Happy members stay longer in LS. I also let each person sponsor their own run after 7 are completed. They keep ALL the $/ores. They can upgrade or sell the money to buy gear for other jobs. Idc what they do with it, it's their money. I do not have a LS bank but I try to help members with money as needed. Yes I give out gil (when I have it). I craft and I do campaign unions too. So if you need anything in game on Siren please feel free to /tell me. If I don't answer I am at work. But, will get back to you. As I have seen from most of the people posting here there is many nice people left. Sadly, you gotta go through the pits to find the cherries.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-05 02:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It happens sadly >< I'm constantly called a noob because I don't have a B.Haidate, even though I'm constantly working toward one.

I get called a noob because I don't have destroyers, even though i /shout for hours about making a royal ramble run in WG.

People are *** sadly, I remember when i started on Alexander people were so helpfull, and tbh that is what made me decide to be helpfull also.

Everytime i see someone without a sub in the dunes i offer my assistance in farming the items, Every time i see someone in need of a nation quest i can accompany i join in.

You do get the spoiled people then though, I've recently been mentoring a mnk that has joined, and she got really pissy with me because I didn't help her for one night (as i had einherjar) I tried to explain why i couldn't help on that particular night getting a kazham pass, and she called me a *** and /blisted me.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-05 02:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
It happens sadly >< I'm constantly called a noob because I don't have a B.Haidate, even though I'm constantly working toward one.

I get called a noob because I don't have destroyers, even though i /shout for hours about making a royal ramble run in WG.

People are *** sadly, I remember when i started on Alexander people were so helpfull, and tbh that is what made me decide to be helpfull also.

Everytime i see someone without a sub in the dunes i offer my assistance in farming the items, Every time i see someone in need of a nation quest i can accompany i join in.

You do get the spoiled people then though, I've recently been mentoring a mnk that has joined, and she got really pissy with me because I didn't help her for one night (as i had einherjar) I tried to explain why i couldn't help on that particular night getting a kazham pass, and she called me a *** and /blisted me.

YOU'RE A NOOB GOD GTFO!

Ahem. People being picky over people not having rare/ex or expensive gear need to screw off. I'm really lucky to have the gear that I have, but a lot of people aren't (bad drop-rates/no help/etc) and people need to realize this. ._.; I'm not MNK, but I think there's some AHable H2H that's really comparable with Destroyers, you might even have it.

Nice to know there are still nice and helpful people in this game! Really sorry about that mnk .____.;; Oh well, they don't deserve your kindness :s
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-05 04:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone could turn into that much of a princess and blist you for not being able to help them due to endgame event, then they needed to blist you or you needed to blist them, one or the other. For your benefit more than hers. Lol. She should blist more helpful people on her flist while she's at it. ;)

Sry that happened though, that had to suck.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-05 15:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It was kinda sucky, put a downer on my evening.

Kind of regret giving her my spare spike necklace, beetle earrings and republigar now lol.

Princess bards do my nut in too, one refused to merit with me because my gear "Doesn't look like 20k an hour equipment lol, gtfo"

I was kinda pissed.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-07 01:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh princess brds can be the most irritating, lol! My ls and I were laughing at one a few days ago who had a seacom that basically showed how insanely picky he wanted to be, I just remember it ended with "pup, drg, blu GTFO" or something to that extent. Brd was lfp for a couple hours before getting invited to a party with a seacom of "will accept anything". Was pretty lulzy at the time, haha.
 Bahamut.Oblivion
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2009-12-07 01:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Princess bards suck, indeed. Its role in EG tends to attract players with "attitudes", and I only leveled it so that I could duo charybdis. Otherwise, I hate being on the job.

[+]
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-12-07 03:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Agles said:

It's a little while after the original post, but I'd just like to point out that you can't lump everyone on Siren together. It's pretty obvious when someone's an outright *** to everyone, but not all of us are like that.

I've done HNMs; I've also decided that I'm finished with it. For the most part, it wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't all great either. You'll always find good and bad things wherever you go. Just like I've found my share of backstabbing ***, you will too. However, I'm sure it's not ALL bad. Surely you've met someone or found some positive experience in the whole thing.
[+]
 Siren.Dantius
user: Dantius
By Siren.Dantius 2009-12-12 09:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Agles,

First off, Endgame in general, sucks. It doesn't matter what server. That is why I ONLY do dynamis now. I used to do sky, sea, limbus etc. As far as Siren endgame, unless you do it with the 3-4 top linkshells, its just a noobfest.

FFXI is a lot more fun when you let yourself have some FREEDOM. Freedom to choose what you want to do. Choose when to log on.
If you are committed to do like 6 endgame events a week, then you will basically be told what you will be doing in game and when to log in, etc. Then FFXI becomes a job essentially and not a game.

In my opinion, I wouldn't even do any endgame unless you have a couple 75 jobs that are useful so it doesn't get repetitive. That way you don't end up doing the same thing. At least 1 mage and 1 DD job. PROPERLY GEARED AND MERITED. Good and respectable linkshells have this as a must to even do endgame.

Quests/missions/etc...you basically just need to find a good social linkshell or better friends. I see a lot of stuff still getting done by shouting.

"Getting a proper exp party?" Why get? MAKE YOUR OWN PARTY. Only person to blame is yourself there in my opinion. Its really easy to make parties. You just have to know the popular camp areas and what levels and job setups. Campsitarus.

exp:
1 tank- pld or nin
RDM +
COR or BRD is the BEST setup
@3/6 with tank and support,
then just find 3 heavy DD: sam, drk, war is ideal imo.

Depending on what jobs are seeking or what monsters are being fought
Can do rdm with sch or rdm with whm or something like that.
DDs: really need at least 2 heavy dd's to have a decent party, can throw in a blu or something not as desirable imo. BLU burns or DNC burns....no

For merit parties: unless its RDM+COR OR BRD + 4 HEAVY DD jobs, it is not worth to merit. Unless it is with friends.

People are mean and selfish. It is human nature.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8