sick of being pushed around
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-26 17:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

End game LS's don't care about your fun. They only care about getting gear for themselves (read: leaders/officers) and their little clique of friends.

I was told by one LS I would never see a piece of gear from them. Ever. Even though I was busting my *** everyday scanning for DI and SW. Not to mention going to Fafnir, Behemoth, and Tiamat on a moment's notice. /breaklinkshell

Another one screwed me out of 2 pieces of gear in the same week. After hearing the "points determine all" speech on one piece of gear, I got screwed out of another because they didn't deem me worthy enough for it, even though I had the most points. /breaklinkshell

Finally, the last dynamis LS I was a part of abused my BRD to the point of deleveling it. Then, some dude who thinks he was an "officer" sends me nasty tells saying I did it on purpose. I didn't apply to that LS as a BRD. I specifically told the leader before I joined that I don't want to come BRD. At all. Period. He said that was ok. All of a sudden, I went BRD for a 3 straight months, never once got an R3, and then some retard wants to complain to me that I did it on purpose? /breaklinkshell

It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother anymore. The slightest hint of drama headed my way and I just break the pearl. I don't pay a monthly fee to have people scream at me over stupidity. I stick to my social shell now, where I can jokingly call someone a "***" and not hear a fallout over it 3 weeks later.
[+]
 Asura.Cyssero
Server: Asura
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 17:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The last thing I will ever, EVER have anyone do, is tell me how to play my game. To an extent I can understand (like standing behind Fafnir, which was mentioned earlier), or even asking <- keyword here, to come as another job, certain things like that are necessary. What has to happen though is the leader needs to learn the limits of their players, not everybody is happy to be BLM 24/7, or go as a job they specified beforehand they don't want to go as.

On the flipside, the players also have to understand that they're a part of a team and by being a team, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. I'll go as a job that I may particularly not like to go as, if it's in limited cases and is absolutely necessary to do the event, because I understand the concept of a team, but I'll never go or do something I don't like if leadership doesn't care how I feel about it.
 Titan.Mylliana
Server: Titan
user: Mylliana
By Titan.Mylliana 2009-11-26 18:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to a tiamat camp once for an LS as a 65 bard, i was climbing mountain for enm while they were there, so i said I would come out and help w/ hold party so they had a bard until rest got there, but I wasn't going to stay bard the entire time, i would leave after main group got there and change to RDM or RNG, and a non leader starting giving me ***after tiamat pop (no one said anything before it popped when i said id leave after kill group got there) and he was the 75 bard and didnt want to come bard, or some such nonesense, none of the leaders ever spoke up about that either -.-

I'm not in the same boat as most though, I can honestly be the same job day in and day out and never be upset about it, well except bard merits, i need a break every few hrs after pulling non stop x.x /derailing..

Back to topic! If you post that you don't want to come bard.. then you should have never been made to go bard -.- I can understand leader "asking" if no other bards were on.. but 3 months o.o holy gawd D= bail out bail out
 Diabolos.Otahar
Server: Diabolos
user: Takustar
By Diabolos.Otahar 2009-11-26 19:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Being new myself, I'm finally getting into the endgame stuff. And yea I'm starting to see all this unfold. It's frustrating after spending all your time helping people and when you finally ask for help, even something as small as a WSNM, you get the silent treatment lol. nothing you can really do but brush it off "oh well"

I've helped a lot of people; sometimes you make good friends that you hangout with or the ones that only want you for extra muscle. In the end, its good to know you're actually useful.

"Are you busy"

That cracked me up!

Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-11-26 19:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I personaly admire that thread, its very pleasant to see that, in this game are "still" somes ppl with a brain & no fake glory/ego, i wish there would be more of that kind of people.

I've experienced most of the case that ppl were sharing with everyone here, that kind of things make you hate the game a little bit more when it happen to you, but as many said in this same thread "its only a game" "you pay your own months fee yourself" so just ignore all thoses unpleasant ppl & don't let them waste your fun, once FFXI will be shut down, all of them will be lost.

Also, keep bein the way you are now, don't change to the hitler style of others, its nothing clever & doesn't get you any goods, /salutations guys & gals.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-11-26 19:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we've all been in less then desirable Linkshells at least once.

What's worse is when you actually WANT to come to an event as BRD but the leader puts you in a group with another BRD and demands you both sing Ballad, and refuses to admit that ballad doesn't stack 4 times.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-26 20:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
Not to be a troll but if you're just joining an HNMLS, you're not going to choose what job you're coming as. They are. Once you become a veteran in a LS, then maybe you can. If you cant handle it, don't do endgame.

Theres two sides to every story. On my side, I'm tired of whiny newcomers that start to complain when we ask them to come a specific job. If you're not going to help the LS, then don't show up. Like this guy yesterday that didn't want to come for an hour just because we wanted him BLM. Just leave.

/endrant

Sylph.Beelshamen
People tell me what to do when I go to work. You know why I accept that? Because they pay me for it. Quite good, actually. When I play a game I try as hard as I can to not let it become a chore. And endgame is 90% of the time a chore. A dirty one.

And yeah, your comment about newcomers is pretty inaccurate.

The way it should be is that the newcomers should outnumber the veterans by miles. But this game has been going on for years and the veterans outnumber the newcomers by I don't know how much.

You obviously missed my point. it's that selfishness is a double edged sword. This happened to be a beaucedine run. He promptly logs in and says 'Oh beaucedine, I don't need anything from there.' We even asked if he could just come for like an hour, nope. Just because we ask you to come when you can, doesn't mean we're asking you to be the BEST BLM EV0R. Go afk for half the time for all I care.

How do you think that makes the people that actually need their flag/af feel? I didn't need anything either, but that doesn't mean coming and helping out would hurt anyone. I work for both newcomers and veterans, and as long as they're willing to cooperate, and help out, I'm more than happy to see either get gear. It's when they start getting lazy and act like the world revolves around them is when I have a problem.

Also nice random contradictory comment.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-26 20:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the way people act like end game is the end-all-be-all of FFXI, as if everything else you experienced before that didn't even matter. The linkshells on my server are especially hilarious, spouting off nonsense how they're awesome when everyone knows they bot. (hai2uArmada) Practically the entire end game community is nothing but a cess pool of driveling toddlers fighting over a new shiny toy.

I would much rather wipe trying to low man something with a couple friends than deal with the bureaucratic *** known as end game linkshells. I kiss enough *** at my job, k? (You know, that real life place you go to, and make money? To pay bills and not be a leech on society? Yea, I know. Hard concept for a lot of you EGLS leaders who expect people to dedicate their lives to a bunch of pixels.) I don't have to kiss your pixel-assed character too.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-11-26 22:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Agles said:
damn, i never know this would blow up like it did.. and a couple even have pmed me in suport.

thanks all.. and on thanksgiving too.
Your initial comment mentioned that you feel like nobody cares anymore. As you can see, with all these comments supporting you, people still care. The problem comes when we sit silent and let a minority of aggressive idiots rule our lives because they're the only ones who scream loud enough to be noticed. But who's to blame, really, when we get silently abused and keep asking for more?

Some people sit and wait for a PT invite, a big majority think this is how the game works. Either we keep it that way, or either we learn to build successful groups, learn the mechanics of every job and how they can work together, experiment things, learn to have leadership abilities, learn to motivate unmotivated people into helping you/themselves.

Acquiring those social skills may in fact serve for the rest of you life. Being able to gather people together and motivate them to cooperate into achieving something bigger than what they can do by themselves, that's what I've come to enjoy from this game. For me, there is no point in playing an online game if it's not going to involve such things.

When the developer adds new elements to the game, they don't exactly know how it's going to turn out. MMOs are a sophisticated social tool that you can use however you like. Some people will inevitably use it for selfish purposes. But it's not like you're forced to chose between being either a victim or aggressor, you can do much better than that.
[+]
By pirateninja 2009-11-26 22:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Agles I understand what your going through completely on being abused and used for the 75 jobs you own. My first 75 was RDM, and as soon as I dinged 75 it seemed like everyday I made "friends" that were only around me long enough to get something done. And when I got my first taste of endgame LSes I discovered that you pretty much were going to be stuck on RDM regardless of what else you lvled. But after a few crap LSes that were poorly run, of finding those so called friends who only would /tell me for an NM, a mission, or whenever they needed a RDM basically, I learned how to tell difference between the people worth my time and my jobs, and the people could just go to hell.

Don't let them get to you and ruin what is actually a really fun job once you get into the right LS. When I got into the social LS I am in now, I really learned to love being RDM. Because then it gave me the opportunity to help all the new members and even help out fellow RDMs lvling the job. And because I don't mind PLing people, it also gave me time to connect with the members and make really good friends with alot of them. After a bad run with several social LSes, I found that the one im in now is the best LS I've ever came across. We all help each other out, we hang out on vent talking, we pretty much like a family in alot of ways. When one of our members loses a rl family member, it hurts us all and we all do our best to help that ls mate out. You have to keep trying out LSes because trust me it took me several LSes til I found right one. And the one I fell in love with, I actually got in because I was shouting in town for help with CoP and I ended up with 4 of those members from that LS all wanting and willing to help me out even tho they were past that mission.

As for endgame, well it goes just about the same. Don't let them abuse your RDM or any of your jobs you go as. While I will say you have to learn to be open to fact some will just want you as permanent RDM (I have 75 RDM and PLD and majority the time I go RDM), you don't have to take any their crap. They need your 75 just as much as you need the gear. The endgame LS I am in now is amazing in that while they will ask I come RDM, every once in awhile they try and give me, and other members the freedom to try other jobs they love. Just because while getting the gear is nice, keeping your members happy is even better. Some endgame LS leaders seem forget that without their members they're nothing. And as for being rejected due to gear, well all I got to say is we all started out crappy with our fail/semi-decent gear. The only way we get better is by learning, earning gil, and trying to understand our jobs better. So looking down on others who don't have that elite gear is piss poor attitude indeed. That was you at one point. And remember the reason you became as good as you are was due to your hard work, and occasionally meeting someone who played your job really well and helped you along. And I hate leaders who reject people playing on certain jobs due to lack of what they deem the best gear. Some the best players I've known were kicking it in just their AF and AH gear. Skill is > than gear anyday. Skill and Gear is awesome, but skill is what makes the player. Not just the gear.

Eeep sorry for long winded reply. Was just lurking on forums and saw your post and felt the need to reply. I hope you do find a good LS that treats you right. If not feel free to come to Shiva and send me a tell. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving XD
[+]
 Shiva.Nindo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nindo 2009-11-26 22:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh an sorry for double post. I'm new whole posting on forums thing and realized I didn't have it set right to show my account XD. Im such a noob *facepalm*. Anyways, I think I did it right this time...
[+]
 Siren.Avina
Server: Siren
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2009-11-26 22:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For me the game has always been about people. When I started, I started so that I could play with my bros who are both 75s. But our shell was really only there for them to talk to me, they had their own socials. But gradually I invited people that I had fun with, and the LS has gotten bigger and bigger over time. My bros now main it and a lot of other 75s use it. We do BCNMs, missions, quests together, level in old areas for our BLM friends... higher levels will farm drops for lower levels and sell at a discounted price... it's kind of a fun setup. I handled recruitment for the shell for the most part, starting first with newbies and then bringing in more and more upper levels, and the biggest success I think that I have had in this game is being able to bring together a bunch of people who help each other.

Endgame activities... I'd like participate in them. Just for competitions sake. But then I read the requirements for some endgame LSs and one in particular wanted a list of medications you might be taking for any reason at all, psychological conditions and disorders included... which strikes me as extremely invasive. And it shows your role very clearly: you aren't a person to them, just a cog in their machine. But you know, my LS is slowly filling up with many of the same people, a lot of people who would love to do HNM activities but won't work for someone else. But who knows. Every couple of weeks there is someone new. If we get enough maybe we could do endgame and have fun. It sorta flies in the face of all the other HNM LSs on the server but if you get enough people together with the same desires together, it could happen right?

That being said if you need help on Siren, feel free to look me up in chat, and maybe we can do some stuff. :)
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-26 22:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Medical history? Are you serious? Please tell me there is a link supporting this so I can /laugh myself to sleep.
[+]
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 23:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Avina said:
For me the game has always been about people. When I started, I started so that I could play with my bros who are both 75s. But our shell was really only there for them to talk to me, they had their own socials. But gradually I invited people that I had fun with, and the LS has gotten bigger and bigger over time. My bros now main it and a lot of other 75s use it. We do BCNMs, missions, quests together, level in old areas for our BLM friends... higher levels will farm drops for lower levels and sell at a discounted price... it's kind of a fun setup. I handled recruitment for the shell for the most part, starting first with newbies and then bringing in more and more upper levels, and the biggest success I think that I have had in this game is being able to bring together a bunch of people who help each other.

Endgame activities... I'd like participate in them. Just for competitions sake. But then I read the requirements for some endgame LSs and one in particular wanted your medical history or something... such a bold step into someone's personal territory. And it shows your role very clearly: you aren't a person to them, just a cog in their machine. But you know, my LS is slowly filling up with many of the same people, a lot of people who would love to do HNM activities but won't work for someone else. But who knows. Every couple of weeks there is someone new. If we get enough maybe we could do endgame and have fun. It sorta flies in the face of all the other HNM LSs on the server but if you get enough people together with the same desires together, it could happen right?

That being said if you need help on Siren, feel free to look me up in chat, and maybe we can do some stuff. :)

Like someone said earlier, there are still alot of people who care and it is in the minority for sure, just imagine if all the people who posted in this thread got in a LS on the same server, would be awesome.

As for asking for Medical details? Whooooah, a step a bit to far i think.

Im glad im not the only one left who isnt all self self.

And i have made a small group of friends that are really awesome, i help them out and they help me out if ever i need it, couple of weeks ago the same group droped everything to help me get my Joytoy and after four years finally got it, seriously the best people i have met in game so far.

If you have good friends, keep hold of them, because they are worth it :)
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-26 23:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just like to say Katarzyna, your awesome. I think everyone besides the "hardcore" small group of endgame people can relate.

It's nice to see someone else being honest and not putting up with the BS.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-26 23:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
End game LS's don't care about your fun. They only care about getting gear for themselves (read: leaders/officers) and their little clique of friends.
I just came into this very late, and the first thing I saw is this.

I would have to disagree with you only on this part, because not all endgame linkshells are like that.

99% are, as you have stated though.

I'm very very very very very very very fortunate to be in one that doesn't operate like this.

I'm an officer of an endgame linkshell, so by your standards, I should be one of the only people getting gear. Except I'm not.

Case in point. Ace's Helm.

I'm the only person in my shell who doesn't have one. I have passed this up on many occasions, even asked by my friend and leader of the shell before I could even try to lot it to pass it on to another person. I wouldn't have taken it anyway, because even though that would still make my SAM very sexy, I would rather have level 60 SAMs who would be more on that job than me have it instead of me. Why? Because everyone in my linkshell is my friend. And I'm very glad that my friends are growing. My linkshell leaders/officers would all agree with me on this statement: We would rather have everyone else in this shell better than us because it makes us work better as a team.

The people who lot the most are usually those who are just gearing their jobs for the first time, and need certain items (sky/sea gear, ace's helms, salvage gears, ZNM ***, etc) and the only time I have ever requested anything to be saved for me is my Novio Earring and that was to benifit the shell more than myself. I have given out various drops from various mobs that were bought with my points to other people, and I will continue to do so.

So, while you are correct on this statement 99% of the time, I have to say that you are not fully correct on this statement. There are linkshells out there that are like mine, and they are the ones who usually last the longest because there is no drama with the members.
[+]
 Asura.Cyssero
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-27 00:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg, stop the lies!!! You know you always lot on everything lootwhore!!!

On a serious note, Korpg speaks the truth. I haven't been in HK for long, but he is right when officers aren't greedy *** like most shells. I haven't seen an officer lot on anything yet and they actually do look out for the members. They also have respect for people's time, which is key for me in any linkshell. The leadership can be strict when needed (Mathus was cracking the whip at sky the other day!), but at the same time, don't make you feel like this is your job and you have to do it or leave. I can say sincerely that HK definitely stands in the 1% crowd of linkshells.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-11-27 00:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Avina said:
Endgame activities... I'd like participate in them. Just for competitions sake. But then I read the requirements for some endgame LSs and one in particular wanted your medical history or something... such a bold step into someone's personal territory.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-27 01:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This been posted yet? =P

In all seriousness, /comfort Agles. Find out who your real friends are in this game and stick with them, the rest will come if you really want it but it's never worth making yourself unhappy just to get loot.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-11-27 01:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

This been posted yet? =P

In all seriousness, /comfort Agles. Find out who your real friends are in this game and stick with them, the rest will come if you really want it but it's never worth making yourself unhappy just to get loot.

Where have you been? You missed all the retardedness (if that's a word) and drama (well kinda drama).
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-27 01:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Avina said:
But then I read the requirements for some endgame LSs and one in particular wanted your medical history or something...

What the...
[+]
 Siren.Avina
By Siren.Avina 2009-11-27 01:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, checked their site again and there is a slight correction. It wasn't medical history, they wanted a list of any medications you may currently be taking for any psychological reasons.

Still, that strikes me as being equally invasive.

*corrected this in original post*
[+]
 Diabolos.Otahar
Server: Diabolos
user: Takustar
By Diabolos.Otahar 2009-11-27 02:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL yea that still bad. There's things strangers on a video game people don't need to know and I can't see why they need to know this :/
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-27 02:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably want to know the implications behind the reason of a prolonged afk session.

"Goddamn you, he's probably having he a seizure. I hope he didn't forget to take his carbatrol."
 Siren.Avina
By Siren.Avina 2009-11-27 03:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What I find to be the great and ultimate irony of these kinds of LSs is that, I dunno, advancement in this game seems to be a farce (and I want to say that I don't believe all endgame LSs follow this negative example, but many do). Because when you get that awesome gear, you have merely advanced yourself in a game. It isn't even something that you are guaranteed to keep forever either, like an 100% completion on a single player video game. SE makes it pretty clear that they have no obligation to you and that they can delete your character without any sort of explanation given. You stop paying, your hard work is gone.

Don't get me wrong, there is something to be said in that through the nature of the game, there is competition with others and it is nice to see yourself rising up in levels and being able to do more in the game, participate in more activities, get that piece of armor that they have been wanting. And that's all well and good, it is part of what makes the game fun. But some just take it too far I feel. Because in the end its all advancement within a tiny little world that SE controls and the only reason you are allowed to exist at all in here is because you pay them. This is why it just saddens me that I see people work themselves so hard, and treat others so badly... nothing in this game is yours, and yet people still think that its important enough that you got to treat others badly for it.

This is why I say once again, I play this game for the people. I like the game plenty too, but other games can give me a similar if not better experience in terms of gameplay. But the people are what will keep me around, and the people are what persists past SE's monthly fee.

Its strange because I believe that a lot of times, this game brings out the worst in people. Screwing others out of their hard work on drops, treating others HORRIBLY because they aren't minmaxer crazy and don't have the top, top, gear. But I also think that this game can bring out the best in people as well. I feel bad because I've had people invest hours and hours into helping me, with no possible gain for them. The good ones are out there, you just gotta find them.
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-11-27 04:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP: Ever considered starting your own endgame shell with friends? Sure, a tough job, but you'll be around people who wouldn't treat you like a napkin and toss you after use.

That said, quote time!

Sylph.Megumii said:
Kujata.Thevenominside said:
I have people who have called me friend or whatever, but most of the time when they talk to me they just want something, no Hello or how are you? the simple stuff.
Its all take take take.
The people on your friend list, who you hear from every month or so, it starts with "Are you busy?" and then it doesn't matter whether you say yes or no cause they're still going to ask you to go out of your way to help them with something even though they won't speak to you again until they need something else from you. I hate those people!
I've had plenty of those too.
Lately, I receive tells from someone I befriended a few months ago after helping him to become a better PLD (he was using Cover for hate everytime it could be used) by showing him a couple of tricks to create a hate spike. Good chap. Always likes to just talk for a bit about anything. Those are people I don't mind randomly telling me.

I've had a friend who, after a while, wouldn't help me and my other friend out so much in our trio. Always had some excuse, leaving us to duo or find a third. But when he wants our help, we had to be there for him or he'd go emo and depressed on us, unequipping the LS and logging. An eye for an eye is what I like. Others help me, I help them.

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I never got into endgame for the sole reason that there was too much drama, too much ***going on all because people only wanted to benefit themselves.
I'm only ever in my chat linkshell, and only log in to shoot the ***with them, help anyone who needs it, and Campaign when no one's online (2/5 Iron Ram pieces, yaaay~). I suggest you find a group of friends and lsmates who have the same mindset as you, and just want to help each other as well as people outside the shell. They're few and far between, but once you've found them it's all worth it. :)
For some reason, I have a few linkshells in my storage I never touch. Two of them are endgame related. I'm just not really into that stuff. Sure, I'm curious about it and will be introduced into a Dynamis LS through a friend in a run tonight, but I just can't shake off the idea that endgame devours your life. I've seen people get into endgame too much that they only came online for endgame.

I'll probably miss out on a couple of items if I were to join Dynamis, because I would not attend it fully. I mean... sometimes there are things in RL to do that takes priority. RL always takes priority! I didn't want to go away for the weekend a few weeks ago, but I went anyway and had a good time and got skillups on the social skill.

I'm only active in one single linkshell, a social one, with people I've met years ago but lost contact with until a few months back. I only switch to one other linkshell when me and my best ingame friend round up a couple of people from that linkshell for a quest or mission or NM fight.

Odin.Ahligieri said:
My take - first and foremost, the game should be about fun. That's why (I thought) we played these damn things. I've never bothered being around people I didn't like, or played jobs that I didn't enjoy playing - I DID level bard to fit into certain endgame fights where mages are preferred, but even then...I don't mind playing it the few times a month I do. But in a lot of cases being versatile is very helpful. Idk...apply for a shell and tell them you only have certain jobs (the ones you enjoy). If you get accepted, bam.
So far, I've been enjoying the game at my own pace, leveling the jobs I want to level. Never did I have endgame in mind when I leveled BLM or PLD. I did BLM for the fun of nuking, PLD to protect the people I care about, and COR for the AF XD. Sometimes I would go ingame, check my quest list for anything I could/want to do, or go out and randomly do things like skilling up on sword/magic or raise my Campaign status.
[+]
Server: Remora
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-11-27 05:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Man after reading this entire page yall have been through alot, the ls im in now is my first endgame ls been in it for almost a year, my ls leader is pretty laid back, havent had any drama since the purge of the bad apples, most event are mandatory other are optional but if you have RL issues its understandable,we also have seasonal events, we do dynamis two nights a week, we dont go by that stupid system if you have the job at 75 you can lot on it or if you have it in your seacom and no one else wants its yours, but if no one has the job at 75 we go down to 50+ then it can be free lotted by anyone who has the job close to it, ive gotten quite a bit of relic peices some i didnt ask for because no one doesn't need it and just free falls. When i came in the ls i wanted to better my war and thats what happened ive got full relic for war along with the pieces i needed to better my job thats all i cared about. My ls has about 22 members at times id say about 18 are on and are pretty helpful when called upon, i've even done my share of helping others to certain extent i can only do so much having only sky access. Current on 4-2 for CoP, did all the dynamis dream worlds i like those short and sweet, now were gonna spam Dynamis Tavnazia, for a couple run so syked.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-27 05:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I would have to disagree with you only on this part, because not all endgame linkshells are like that.

99% are, as you have stated though.

Well, congratulations on finding an LS that doesn't suck enormous amounts of ***, I guess. But it seems the majority of EGLS's on my server are nothing but a circle jerk between the officers, leaders, and their little clique of friends.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8