First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Cyssero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 15:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also a shell I was in thought it was totally acceptable to ask me to skip my RL work to come to an event. Suuuuuuure.

I know of shell's that REQUIRE you to provide your personal contact information in case they need to call you for a late night pop.....like seriously, that's the dumbest thing I can ever think of, having someone call me in the middle of the night to tell me to log on because Timmy popped. People who do this need to REALLY step back and look from the outside in and ask themselves if what they're asking is crazy or not.
 Titan.Mylliana
Server: Titan
user: Mylliana
By Titan.Mylliana 2009-11-26 15:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I am very used to the.. self centered high and mighty attitude from just about every ls I have been in.. with maybe 2~ exceptions in 6years, yeah... long time, getting old (lol) anyways, I am the shell leader of my shell, and I am always on rdm or brd, <3 playing the jobs endgame because its demanding, and because I can yell at myself to do better and know I wont take the yelling the wrong way

Ok that sounds a bit wierd, back to topic

If you are not enjoying your time in the shell, find a new shell, eventually you will find a leader who leads in a way that lets people relax a bit while still getting stuff done, ya'know, not a super hardcore bada$$ do it right, kinda person

If you like the game, don't run off for an extended leave, just take a break from the EG scene for a bit, do what you enjoy most on the game

...for me its meriting or helping my ls >.> /oddball
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 15:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyssero said:
Quote:
Also a shell I was in thought it was totally acceptable to ask me to skip my RL work to come to an event. Suuuuuuure.

I know of shell's that REQUIRE you to provide your personal contact information in case they need to call you for a late night pop.....like seriously, that's the dumbest thing I can ever think of, having someone call me in the middle of the night to tell me to log on because Timmy popped. People who do this need to REALLY step back and look from the outside in and ask themselves if what they're asking is crazy or not.

Dude its *** so lame its hilarious.

There is an LS from some server that says in its rules...

"No unnacceptable excuses for going AFK (E.g Let a pet out, or Feeding a child)"

All i can say is LMFAO.

Get a life seriously.
 Caitsith.Himsa
Server: Caitsith
user: Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2009-11-26 15:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hahaha Don't get all high and mighty because I made fun of her spelling, I agree with her, some people suck and being nice and other sucks at spelling.

And I don't spend my whole day on forums, so whatever the *** a troll is I couldn't imagine caring less
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-26 15:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what a troll is. Some of them were at the siege of Gondor, remember?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-11-26 15:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Himsa said:
hahaha Don't get all high and mighty because I made fun of her spelling, I agree with her, some people suck and being nice and other sucks at spelling.

And I don't spend my whole day on forums, so whatever the *** a troll is I couldn't imagine caring less

Nice to know something crawled up your *** and died.
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-11-26 15:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Take a gander at this

Maintaining Strong LS Leadership

My take - first and foremost, the game should be about fun. That's why (I thought) we played these damn things. I've never bothered being around people I didn't like, or played jobs that I didn't enjoy playing - I DID level bard to fit into certain endgame fights where mages are preferred, but even then...I don't mind playing it the few times a month I do. But in a lot of cases being versatile is very helpful. Idk...apply for a shell and tell them you only have certain jobs (the ones you enjoy). If you get accepted, bam.
 Sylph.Megumii
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 15:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thevenominside said:
Dude its *** so lame its hilarious.

There is an LS from some server that says in its rules...

"No unnacceptable excuses for going AFK (E.g Let a pet out, or Feeding a child)"

All i can say is LMFAO.

Get a life seriously.

I can imagine that leader's house. Smells of pet pee, starved children laying around their computer desk where they probably pee in a can so they don't have to get up and miss the few minutes of staring at a screen incase an NM pops. To sum up: a house smelling of piss.

Which reminds me, people have actually died from playing MMO's.
[+]
 Caitsith.Himsa
Server: Caitsith
user: Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2009-11-26 15:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
You know what a troll is. Some of them were at the siege of Gondor, remember?

HAHA
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 15:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Himsa said:

You know what happens to trolls? They get scalped and turned into troll coifs!
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-26 15:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's interesting that this topic came up as I was applying to a Sky linkshell.

Anyway, I've noticed a heavy decline in my attitude in the past couple of years I've played. I was one of those Thieves that used Evasion Earrings for TP and had gimpy skills. Hell, I was using my AF dagger for the longest time until someone pointed me toward Bone Knife.

Nowadays, if I see a Thief wearing -any- AF or not changing gear, I become spiteful. I mean, I don't say anything, but deep down it bugs me that they'd be so "Gimp." The irony being, that I myself am a horribly geared player.

It was only in the past week that I've really noticed it as a change. It could be argued that it was just part of me coming out due to not being face to face with people. I could also go into some sort of denial and say that my play experience has a lot to do with it. In a sense, those attitudes have rubbed off on me. Hell, I'm still constantly worried about whether my gear is going to come under scrutiny or not. I spend so much time staring at suggested gear while leveling (via FFXIclopedia), or eyeballing each and every action.

As an example: As my level 75 Samurai, I only have about +43 Strength(Without Hasso) and wield an Onimaru. My weaponskills do an average of 500-600, and yet every time I Gekko, I secretly hate myself. Every time I'm not squeezing every bit of TP out of Meditate, or waste a tic holding back a WeaponSkill, I beat myself up. Even when lag makes me hit Yukikaze instead of Gekko, it makes me slap myself. I also have this problem when I choose to Seigan-Third Eye when I have hate, because I think the second I drop Hasso, somebody is going to yell at me :x

tl;dr- Ramblings of a player who's lost the Fun.
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 15:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dude its *** so lame its hilarious. There is an LS from some server that says in its rules... "No unnacceptable excuses for going AFK (E.g Let a pet out, or Feeding a child)" All i can say is LMFAO. Get a life seriously.

You serious? Wow...I think that tops it for someone to tell me that taking care of my child is less important then a game.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289331,00.html

Guess these people were apart of that LS huh?
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-11-26 15:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
I think it's interesting that this topic came up as I was applying to a Sky linkshell.

Anyway, I've noticed a heavy decline in my attitude in the past couple of years I've played. I was one of those Thieves that used Evasion Earrings for TP and had gimpy skills. Hell, I was using my AF dagger for the longest time until someone pointed me toward Bone Knife.

Nowadays, if I see a Thief wearing -any- AF or not changing gear, I become spiteful. I mean, I don't say anything, but deep down it bugs me that they'd be so "Gimp." The irony being, that I myself am a horribly geared player.

It was only in the past week that I've really noticed it as a change. It could be argued that it was just part of me coming out due to not being face to face with people. I could also go into some sort of denial and say that my play experience has a lot to do with it. In a sense, those attitudes have rubbed off on me. Hell, I'm still constantly worried about whether my gear is going to come under scrutiny or not. I spend so much time staring at suggested gear while leveling (via FFXIclopedia), or eyeballing each and every action.

As an example: As my level 75 Samurai, I only have about 43 Strength(Without Hasso) and wield an Onimaru. My weaponskills do an average of 500-600, and yet every time I Gekko, I secretly hate myself. Every time I'm not squeezing every bit of TP out of Meditate, or waste a tic holding back a WeaponSkill, I beat myself up. Even when lag makes me hit Yukikaze instead of Gekko, it makes me slap myself. I also have this problem when I choose to Seigan-Third Eye when I have hate, because I think the second I drop Hasso, somebody is going to yell at me :x

I told you to and I quote! "PUMP THE BREAKS!" :P if you spent half as much time that you spend worrying and shitting your pants over every tiny detail, and played and did things you actually enjoyed.. it'd be a better Vana'diel for you...
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-26 15:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mairah said:
I told you to and I quote! "PUMP THE BREAKS!" :P if you spent half as much time that you spend worrying and shitting your pants over every tiny detail, and played and did things you actually enjoyed.. it'd be a better Vana'diel for you...

But I have to have to have as much Haste as possible while keeping my 6-hit! ><
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 15:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:

As an example: As my level 75 Samurai, I only have about 43 Strength(Without Hasso) and wield an Onimaru. My weaponskills do an average of 500-600, and yet every time I Gekko, I secretly hate myself. Every time I'm not squeezing every bit of TP out of Meditate, or waste a tic holding back a WeaponSkill, I beat myself up. Even when lag makes me hit Yukikaze instead of Gekko, it makes me slap myself. I also have this problem when I choose to Seigan-Third Eye when I have hate, because I think the second I drop Hasso, somebody is going to yell at me :x

As far as people gearing goes, i dont really care, i offer advice if someone asks otherwise i dont bother, after all its intruding on someone elses play time.

The only thing that bothers me is Paladins that dont wear AF boots, but even then i dont say anything because its rude.

Unfortunatley there are alot of people who think they can just freeley shout at people in parties without warning and tell them how to play their job, I dont apretiate it because again, its rude.

If you have advice to give, send them a tell and offer if you can offer them some gear advice, if they decline then leave them be.

Basically there is no set list of what people should be wearing, if they dont have the gil or like wearing the gear let them be.

Alot of drama comes from people "Job coaching", i Blisted 2 people in a party the other day because they felt the need to do this.
 Phoenix.Darkodin
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkodin
By Phoenix.Darkodin 2009-11-26 15:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Gilgamesh.Mairah said:
But I have to have to have as much Haste as possible while keeping my 6-hit! ><
It's true xD when you first play FF XI, it's fun and innocent but once you hit 75 and enter the endgame world, it's like you've grown up or something and can't have simple harmless fun anymore lol. You think about every detail and having the perfect TP/WS setup etc...
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 15:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyssero said:
Quote:
Dude its *** so lame its hilarious. There is an LS from some server that says in its rules... "No unnacceptable excuses for going AFK (E.g Let a pet out, or Feeding a child)" All i can say is LMFAO. Get a life seriously.

You serious? Wow...I think that tops it for someone to tell me that taking care of my child is less important then a game.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289331,00.html

Guess these people were apart of that LS huh?

Deadly serious dude, i got the link from a motivation picture someone made out of it.

Ill search for it for you!
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 15:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I gotta see this pic!
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-26 15:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as people gearing goes, i dont really care, i offer advice if someone asks otherwise i dont bother, after all its intruding on someone elses play time.

The only thing that bothers me is Paladins that dont wear AF boots, but even then i dont say anything because its rude.

Unfortunatley there are alot of people who think they can just freeley shout at people in parties without warning and tell them how to play their job, I dont apretiate it because again, its rude.

If you have advice to give, send them a tell and offer if you can offer them some gear advice, if they decline then leave them be.

Basically there is no set list of what people should be wearing, if they dont have the gil or like wearing the gear let them be.

Alot of drama comes from people "Job coaching", i Blisted 2 people in a party the other day because they felt the need to do this.

I used to not care either, but perhaps that's because I didn't know what each job was "supposed" to wear at the time.

I try not to be rude and as such, usually don't say anything. When I do, it's usually ranting at Mai or venting on the forums(Most recent example being a SAM using Askar Body for TP). Or, should I feel so ballsy as to say something to the person directly, I try to be extremely polite about it.

These days, though, I haven't said much of anything to anybody other than "Yes, please!" to party invites. I got a Social linkshell the other night and I'm still getting used to the extra dialog.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 15:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyssero said:
Yea, I gotta see this pic!

Lame, i cant remember the name or the server name -.-

If anyone remembers it, let me know, i could do with a laugh lol.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-26 15:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
I used to not care either, but perhaps that's because I didn't know what each job was "supposed" to wear at the time.

I see you have the lvl 39 haste boots. I just skipped that. Couldn't be buggered to camp another bird. I bought the lvl 72ish ones.

I really didn't lose any sleep for going without haste boots until lvl 72.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-26 16:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
I see you have the lvl 39 haste boots. I just skipped that. Couldn't be buggered to camp another bird. I bought the lvl 72ish ones.

I really didn't lose any sleep for going without haste boots until lvl 72.

I'm too cheap to buy the level 72 ones just for the extra Agility (And HP?). Oddly enough, I was trying to get O.kotes at the time and camped Quu Domi while waiting for Mee Deggi's window to open. Needless to say, I was outlotted on 4 pairs of Kyahan and spent a little over a week camping O.kote. If memory serves, I got them at practically the same time XD

Edit: Not sure if my gear is updated, but I also have a Peacock Amulet... Once again, I was too lazy to purchase it.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-26 16:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe, but the time spent on camping that bird I could make money to buy 2 or 3.

It's different with the kotes though. I really wanted those.. as a trofee. Rare/ex just felt better.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-11-26 16:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fact is, people forget this is a GAME.

The true spirit of FFXI died long ago, only a few cool helpful people remain.

If i could change the clock back to 2005/06 i really would.

Miss the random strangers offering to help out, friendly people etc.

The game is dog eat dog nowadays, most people wont do ***unless they get something out of the deal.

Real shame.

My thoughts exactly. FFXI hasn't been "fun" in years, and it's never going to be again. Over the years, Square has created content that appeals to a progressively smaller amount of shut-ins to the point where there's nothing left for people who just want to play for fun.
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 16:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The time I found FFXI the most entertaining was when I was new to the game because people didn't give you crap because they didn't expect you to know every single detail, position, equipment piece, have a complete set of SJ etc etc etc
[+]
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 16:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's when I found it exciting as well. When I firs started, I stayed in West Sarutabaruta until I could no longer gain any levels, because the very first time I went out into the canyon, I got murdered by skeletons and was scared to go back out there. Those were the good times! I didn't even go to Valkurm, since we partied in the maze back then.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 16:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also the same.

I remember Warrior was my first job and i stayed in West Ron until level 16 soloing, until some kind person told me to look for a party and my problems were solved.

I remember always dreaming of being 75, doing events and fighting huge monsters!

Now that i am a Veteran of 4 years, and i know the general goal and stuff within the game, i really wish i had the newbie innocence that i once had.

Because the game isnt as fun as it was back in the day, hence why i said id happily turn the clocks back if i could!
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 17:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, those days are dead and gone. The very first day I started, as soon as I popped into the game, this guy asked me if I was new. At first I was going to say no, since I was reading the Gamefaqs forums and read how some of the PC players were gonna pull tricks on PS2 gamers (I got the game at NA PS2 lauch), because they felt we were "ruining their game" by simply being on. The guy turned out to be nice though, he gave me some starting gil, gear and advice. Sadly though, I forgot his name, but he is one of the main reasons why I always help those who are new, because he helped me.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-26 17:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I'm a little more recent in this game. And some guy asked me if I was new the first time I entered La Theine Plateau. And I answered him yes. But before long he started telling me I should **** *** with my RMTing. And I was like "Huh? RMT? What is that?" And that made the guy only angrier.

Pretty funny.
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 17:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That is pretty funny! I wonder what he thinks of you now.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8