Anyone Wanna Make The "Botless Asura"?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone wanna make the "Botless Asura"?
Anyone wanna make the "Botless Asura"?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Cloudius777 2023-05-17 18:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura has basically become a dead server lately, far too many bots and rmt have made people so lazy they dont actually play anymore meaning I log in every night to see maybe 2 legit /yells per hour.

I'm thinking we take everyone from Asura that actually wants to play as a community and join a smaller server with less to no RMT. and REFUSE to have anything to do with buying ***from them if they try to follow.

I WANT to see yells again where real players want to play with one another, the way it was many years ago. I'm sick of paying my subscription to log in and not find much to do outside of LS events.

If this thread gets lots of attention and people willing to move for the right reasons I say we make it happen.
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-05-17 19:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sweet summer child.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2023-05-17 19:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Screaming into the void thinking if you turn directions someone will suddenly hear. It doesn't matter where you go or what you do, the game is what the game is now, every server is the same.

Either build your own community in a linkshell or discord server or accept it as it is.

Hard swallow but most truths are.

And this game state is not isolated to just 11, it is literally every game in the world now.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-17 21:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloudius777 said: »
Asura has basically become a dead server lately, far too many bots and rmt have made people so lazy they dont actually play anymore meaning I log in every night to see maybe 2 legit /yells per hour.

I'm thinking we take everyone from Asura that actually wants to play as a community and join a smaller server with less to no RMT. and REFUSE to have anything to do with buying ***from them if they try to follow.

I WANT to see yells again where real players want to play with one another, the way it was many years ago. I'm sick of paying my subscription to log in and not find much to do outside of LS events.

If this thread gets lots of attention and people willing to move for the right reasons I say we make it happen.

This is not an asura only thing and has nothing to do with the bots, if anything the RMT are just filling a market need. SE's insanity caused the community to fracture into smaller groups of people who know each other, friends of friends and all that. If you want something done, organize a group and then find out how unfriendly to PUGs the current crop of content is.

Seg farm / Sortie is once a day and nobody wants to waste their chance with randos from PUG that could ruin the entire run, unless they absolutely have to. V25 T2/3 clears just are not something you want to PUG... and that's it for current content. Unless spamming ambuscade is what people call "content". Getting Master Level XP is such a massive time sink / headache at ML30+ that folks do what they have to do.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-17 21:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure the only difference in yells from RMT on smaller servers is they charge less for CP per mil. I noticed on Odin it was 4 mil for 500CP. On Bahamut it's the exact same yell format, but 5 mil. No idea what it is on Asura, but I'm pretty sure the same folks are setup everywhere.
By Rips 2023-05-17 21:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That server exists now and is flourishing!

It’s called Horizon.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-17 22:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think theres no RMT/bots on Horizon lol

just google "buy ffxi gil horizon"
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-17 22:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think hes joking... or I hope
By AegParm 2023-05-17 22:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Please keep your riff raff off my server.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-05-17 22:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, this was my experience on Odin too (albeit only JP yells, which basically is 0 yells as JP won’t play with NA).

I canceled my sub because I was logging in to sit in town and do nothing (I don’t have time for static’s, only PUGs).
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2023-05-17 23:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
"buy ffxi gil horizon"
tired: buying pretend money
wired: buying pretend pretend money
[+]
By Rips 2023-05-17 23:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Is a joke.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-17 23:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

A multibox asking for 'real' people to start playing together.

On Asura I believe you call that "par".

*edit
I suppose it's possible that's he's in the remorse phase of being drunk and he really does feel that way. It'll wear off overnight though lol
By RadialArcana 2023-05-18 01:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What you're asking for already happened years ago, they moved to Bahamut. Entire shells and lots of players moved there a few years back.

However the perfect XI experience is join a linkshell, so it's not like it's some utopia of yells to do content there either.

XI has never really been a pug game, the content is complex and/or difficult unless you're overgeared and so most are just going to do stuff with their linkshell or solo.

Server transfers are half price right now, try Bahamut. Just be prepared for a bit of a culture shock.
[+]
By Rips 2023-05-18 03:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
If you think theres no RMT/bots on Horizon lol

just google "buy ffxi gil horizon"

I just googled it and the prices are outrageous.

10k Gil for $5. Do mobs not drop Gil over there?
By Afania 2023-05-18 05:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Midgitis said: »
every server is the same.

I don't think so, at least not before I quit last year.

Other smaller servers may have rmt/merc/bot, or a dead PUG community as well, but I think there is a slight difference in terms of people's willingness to build connections or tolerate different player demographics with patience. This is cultural difference, not just simple "have rmt or bot/no rmt or bot" difference.

There is a reason behind countless "I don't like Asura, moved to Bahamut, best choice" kind of posts on Reddit last year. If every server is the same why would this many people feel happier in a new environment? Doesn't make sense.

Not sure if that has changed now though.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-18 05:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Not sure if that has changed now though.

It has not. Stay on Asura kthx.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-18 07:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you actually made an effort to migrate to a rmt and bot-free server, and create a group of active players that refused to rmt or bot, you'd still have opportunists who wanted to go there and continue botting in an environment where they have less competition, or continue RMTing but have access to more groups. You can bring all the idealists you want, but you can't stop other people from coming.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-18 07:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the 50th time I've said it, I'd love to see a new server, that you cannot server transfer to. One time jumps to it, never open again, can only bring like 10m and exclusive items. (no crafting shields)

And that they actually monitor. If they want to ignore the other 15 like they have been, whatever.

Always joke that one server should've been a "jail server" where anything goes etc, but now we have 16 jail servers and zero good servers. They got it assbackwards.

(And if they ever did it, no one would play there cause you're all bullshitters)
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-05-18 08:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is good enough, it has a decent pop and very little merc /rmt.

Perfect is the enemy of good.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-18 09:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

When 6 is the max, the enemy is your server population. The idea of queue times more than 10 minutes is absurd. Or at least not something I'm going to pay a sub for.

RMT rotate high value goods to stock gil on each server so wherever you go, there will be whatever you're looking for if it costs a lot.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-18 09:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You're targeting the wrong problems, in my opinion.

RMT: who cares? It's just returning players buying gil to get a kickstart by paying already rich players for gear.

Bots: Basically just used (in my experience) for CP/EP and magian trials. Again, seems like a totally victimless crime, unless you literally can't find a single EP mob to fight on the whole server. Again, not my cup of tea but I'm not seeing how this affects your gameplay experience; maybe that's just an Asura thing...

The real issue with Asura is the merc environment, imho. If there are 100 yells/minute trying to get you to pay 25m for a seg farm run and nobody yelling to pug segments, then sure you've got a problem. 60m to unlock your Dyna [D] weapon augments, but nobody yelling to put together Dyna groups...guess what that's a merc issue.

At the end of the day though, you're still the SMN from the 75 days sitting in town with his pt flag up, complaining that nobody is making exp parties. If you want PUGs to exist and a community of people who do content without giving or receiving gil in exchange, start putting together some PUGs dude. Stop sitting in town waiting for someone to shout for the content you want to do, and start shouting.

Or as others have said, just join a linkshell and then make friends in the linkshell and schedule things with them, or join their Discord and keep an eye out for like-minded people who are putting stuff together. This isn't a PUG game right now, and probably never will be. You have to make friends, network, and show some initiative. Sorry.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kahraba
Server: Bahamut
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-05-18 10:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

This is not an asura only thing and has nothing to do with the bots, if anything the RMT are just filling a market need. SE's insanity caused the community to fracture into smaller groups of people who know each other, friends of friends and all that. If you want something done, organize a group and then find out how unfriendly to PUGs the current crop of content is.

Seg farm / Sortie is once a day and nobody wants to waste their chance with randos from PUG that could ruin the entire run, unless they absolutely have to. V25 T2/3 clears just are not something you want to PUG... and that's it for current content. Unless spamming ambuscade is what people call "content". Getting Master Level XP is such a massive time sink / headache at ML30+ that folks do what they have to do.

Its not Just SE/ and FFXI World OF Warcraft and popular mmo's all fall to this.
By ashcrow 2023-05-18 10:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »

It’s called Horizon.
Rips said: »

It’s called Horizon.
:S
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-05-18 11:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Bahamut is good enough, it has a decent pop and very little merc /rmt.

I haven't played since January but the number 1 complaint from a lot of my Bahamut brethren that I still talk to is that it is hard to get a decent group started for anything remotely difficult. There really aren't that many people that have even approached V25 odyssey. Most of my friends are still ramming their head against a wall on V20s.

So it's a double edged sword -- Bahamut would benefit from people interested in pick-up group stuff, but at the same time, don't expect to come to Bahamut and get a group in a timely manner.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-18 11:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Random pickup groups shouldnt be able to complete the elite-tier endgame content.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-05-18 12:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean that is kind of the truth of it.

People love that XI is considered difficult yet won't accept the reality of what difficult means. Difficult means you can't just chuck a load of randoms together and beat stuff.

What used to happen is people would try to pimp out their linkshells with players they did stuff with, now everyone thinks pug is the answer to everything.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-18 12:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

PUG is more fun. Scheduled events with a linkshell just make it even more like a job.

Always take it to the maximum extreme. No days off. No breaks. Play everyday or else.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6