Anyone Wanna Make The "Botless Asura"?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone wanna make the "Botless Asura"?
Anyone wanna make the "Botless Asura"?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-22 08:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The potential for optimization and the dynamic adaptability of equipment during in-game combat is a significant distinguishing factor in the realm of Final Fantasy XI. This capability infuses an intriguing layer of complexity to what may initially appear as a mono-dimensional game from the perspective of battle mechanics. Yet, this singular facet of FFXI captivates numerous enthusiasts due to the immense latitude for customization and efficient maximization of game elements. I posit, with a fair degree of certainty, that the game resonates particularly with a distinct breed of players. These are the ones who derive pleasure from leveraging the advantages afforded by such modifications, exemplified by add-ons like gearswap.

In the broader framework of Windower, add-ons such as gearswap were not conceived with the intent of full gameplay automation, as the current usage by certain exploiters might suggest. It simply mirrors an innate human tendency—investing efforts in the present to alleviate future challenges. This tendency is indicative of our intrinsic inclination towards identifying the path of least resistance and judiciously conserving energy whenever feasible.

Do allow me to clarify a potential misunderstanding: my point of view is not intended to disparage those who subscribe to a purist philosophy and choose not to employ gearswap. In their own unique way, these purists may also be practicing energy conservation. This conservation could potentially extend beyond the energy required for acquiring new competencies, such as the writing of Lua scripts or mastering the use of effective add-ons. It might also encompass the intellectual energy needed to appreciate alternative perspectives, understand the appeal of tools such as gearswap, or the mental efforts to introspect why they choose to remain purists. The resistance to gearswap, and even the occasional disdain towards it, could well be expressions of this energy conservation. But I question, what elevates the non-GearSwap approach, the purest playstyle, above the rest?
[+]
By AegParm 2023-05-22 09:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that you have expressed your appreciation for the potential of optimization and dynamic adaptability in Final Fantasy XI, particularly through the use of add-ons like gearswap. While you argue that this aspect of the game captivates many enthusiasts and offers a high degree of customization and efficient maximization of game elements, I would like to offer a different perspective.

Firstly, it is important to recognize that the appeal of Final Fantasy XI lies in its diverse player base, each with their own preferences and playstyles. While some players may indeed find pleasure in leveraging the advantages provided by gearswap and similar modifications, it is not accurate to claim that this is the sole distinguishing factor or the pinnacle of the game's experience.

In fact, Final Fantasy XI offers a rich and immersive world where players can engage in a variety of activities and challenges. The game encompasses a wide range of gameplay elements beyond combat mechanics, such as exploration, storytelling, social interactions, and strategic decision-making. These aspects contribute to the game's depth and appeal, offering a holistic experience that goes beyond simply optimizing combat efficiency.

Moreover, it is essential to consider the potential drawbacks of relying heavily on automation and optimization tools like gearswap. While they may streamline certain processes and minimize effort, they can also detract from the organic and immersive nature of gameplay. By automating actions and relying on pre-determined strategies, players may miss out on the spontaneous and unpredictable moments that make gaming experiences memorable and engaging.

Additionally, embracing the non-GearSwap approach and adopting a purist playstyle can have its own merits. It allows players to fully immerse themselves in the game's mechanics, master its intricacies, and experience the satisfaction that comes from overcoming challenges through personal skill and decision-making. It encourages a deeper understanding and appreciation of the game's design and systems, fostering a sense of achievement that goes beyond mere optimization.

In conclusion, while optimization and customization have their place in Final Fantasy XI, it is important to recognize that they are just one aspect of a multifaceted game experience. The appeal of the non-GearSwap approach lies in its ability to provide a more immersive, skill-based, and personally rewarding gameplay experience. It is the diversity of playstyles and the freedom to choose one's preferred approach that truly elevates the overall experience of Final Fantasy XI.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-05-22 09:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

some of these longer posts read like they were written by chatgpt
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-05-22 09:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

waiting for the chatgpt add-on that turns you into the 6th trust npc
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-22 09:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its the least of the issues the game faces atm. So to debate this tired subject in 2023 doesn't seem like it will go anywhere
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-22 09:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a productive argument because there's no pathway to getting rid of gearswap. The equipment designed because of it exists. The addon exists. Other variants of the addon exist. Huge amounts of players would quit if it were gone.

Can argue about your personal feelings, but it's here to stay, so that argument has no impact on anything.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-05-22 10:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
always wondered how byrthnoth feels about his creation and what it evolved into
like most "gods" likely ambivalent
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-22 10:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all let me apologize again because I feel all this GS vs no GS conversation started when I brought it up, kinda derailed the thread a bit, however I think it's relevant.

Most people who use Send, Shortcuts, GS, React, Ja0wait, Cureplease, EZFarm, or another combination of these claim that there's no impact on other players but I just flatly disagree.

Say you are able to complete content with a mule/alt because you are using tools to make the game easier. Now you are taking a slot away from a player.

Say you're automating the boring stuff (skillups, JP, magian trials, whatever). Now you have more time to spend on your events, farming gil, or whatever. This makes you more competitive for groups, makes your cost of acquisition for items lower, affecting prices for other players.

Say you're using these tools to clear Ambuscade, you are able to do it faster (and with mules) and easier, increasing the # of mats on the AH/bazaar, lowering prices. You might be bringing in your mules as leeches, since you're able to be so efficient with your enhanced abilities. If you're on Asura, you're probably selling clears for even more gil (also taking players out of the pool of people looking for a group, bonus!)

Everything you do in this game is affecting other players, because it's an MMO not a single player game. If you never speak with another human player and only ever play solo then sure MAYBE you're not affecting them very much. But I doubt anyone is not buying, selling, or grouping with anyone, and also never competing for an NM in abyssea, a slot in an HTBF, or a queue for an instance.

That said, I'm with others on here, I play vanilla and my reasoning is the same as others, I want to play the game as the developers intended, without any "cheat codes" making it easier or more convenient for me. This makes me feel accomplished and I know that 0% of my win was because of any cheating I did.

Of course, I also play with lots of players who do various amounts of cheating, which IMHO is just the nature of playing this MMO. Especially on a server of my size there is absolutely no way I could form a 6-man party of players who play vanilla to do content with, very few people share my views and that's fine. I don't judge others for their tool usage.

Where I choose to draw the line, however, and the thing I don't back down on, is people making copium statements about how their behavior is not affecting others or how their use of whatever tool is not an advantage or just a QOL change. If you want to talk about superwarp or sellnpc, you might have a TINY argument that it very rarely affects another player, or at least it's a very minimal impact, but you can't possibly tell me in good faith that the list of addons, plugins, and luas that the average player is using do not affect the economy or the community. Sorry, not buying it.

Finally: holding SE hostage by saying you wouldn't play without all these tools, true or not, doesn't change the morality of the situation at all. This reminds me of the way people who pirate media speak, because it's the same argument and in my opinion it is deeply flawed: "If I had to pay for it, I wouldn't watch the movie, play the game, etc." You don't have the right to break any rule, law, or term of service guilt-free just because you don't like the product. Bend your morality all you want, but don't pretend it's OK and you're totally excused because SE didn't make the game work the way you want it to.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-05-22 10:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
This makes me feel accomplished and I know that 0% of my win was because of any cheating I did.
why would it? you didn't cheat but you admit someone in the group was. Saying you are clean because you didn't do the cheating but the rest of your group did seems pretty flawed.

if you are running around in a FPS and youre playing vanilla but the rest of your group is wall hacking and flying around the map, are you not just as guilty? especially if you KNOW that is what they did to get the "win"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-22 10:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
why would it? you didn't cheat but you admit someone in the group was. Saying you are clean because you didn't do the cheating but the rest of your group did seems pretty flawed.

Sure, I'm not perfectly clean and I've certainly been affected (positively) by others' cheating. That's why I worded it the way I did, it's not something I did that caused that advantage. If there were a community of vanilla-only players on my server playing at a high level I would gladly join it and play in entirely vanilla-only groups. But I can tell you from interacting with hundreds of players on my server, probably .5% of endgame players are playing by my philosophy. I wasn't exaggerating, I don't think I could fill even half of a party.
By Dodik 2023-05-22 10:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, only choice you can make if you dislike automation others use is to not play with them. Which several of my vanilla-lite friends do.

If you do, you accept that you benefit from it, directly too.

And yes, it's cheating. Much like piracy, it's not going anywhere.
 Bahamut.Kahraba
Server: Bahamut
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-05-22 10:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
LONGER READS THAN TOLKEIN'S BOOKS
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-22 12:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

someone shouting on Asura. Open LS for organizing pugs. just got a pearl. LSMES says no communication other than shouting in LS for PUG groups.
someone must have read this thread and taken on the feedback.

AsuraPugLife LS Stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/alpha_prime2020
By AegParm 2023-05-22 18:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
some of these longer posts read like they were written by chatgpt

Mine was. I thought the dude's before was to, so I copied his stuff in and asked it to make a counter argument lol.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-05-23 13:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
You don't have the right to break any rule, law, or term of service guilt-free just because you don't like the product. Bend your morality all you want, but don't pretend it's OK and you're totally excused because SE didn't make the game work the way you want it to.

That's a pretty strong position to take. Are we drawing the line here at video games or is this your general take on life?
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2023-05-23 15:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The degenerates in WoIfPackNation, on Phoenix, have a safeword, and it's "playstyle". Manually, aided, augmented, enhanced or otherwise, "playstyle" keeps our heads out of our own *** and off soapboxes, I think....Dodging the righteous contempt for playstyle differences on thread like this feels like masturbating in public. Its might feel alright, but we know someone has to object. Cheers?
By RadialArcana 2023-05-23 15:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kahraba said: »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit post and put a space so it doesn't break the formatting

By gunn 2023-05-23 16:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lol OP makes one post about the topic and bounces.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-05-23 19:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

gunn said: »
OP:
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-23 19:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

gunn said: »

He realized he didn't put enough work into retelling the same joke for the thousandth time. He's devising the next side-splitter as we speak. That or he's checking on his bots.
[+]
By Cloudius777 2023-05-23 22:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys wanna fight?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Shukudai 2023-05-24 03:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

AegParm said: »
In fact, Final Fantasy XI offers a rich and immersive world where players can engage in a variety of activities and challenges. The game encompasses a wide range of gameplay elements beyond combat mechanics, such as exploration, storytelling, social interactions, and strategic decision-making. These aspects contribute to the game's depth and appeal, offering a holistic experience that goes beyond simply optimizing combat efficiency.

First: I agree with the guy who said this sounds like it was written by ChatGPT.

Let me re-write it a bit:

"In fact, <Game Product #837284 offers a rich and immersive digital interface where individuals sitting in chairs staring at screens can engage in an immersive digital and hyper-real fantasy that is built with a myriad of endorphin stimulating activities. The digital interface encompasses a wide range of game elements ranging from simulated combat, simulated exploration, storytelling, para-social interactions and strategic elements. These aspects contribute to <Game Product #837284>'s audience capture mechanism that goes well beyond simulated digital combat optimization."
[+]