What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-12 08:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Any song that starts overlapping with buffs only provided by COR or SCH could be good, like Store TP, Regain, etc. That could also allow COR to have more flexibility beyond Chaos/Samurai.

Along the lines of that, a Handbell that gives access to Indi/Geo-Regain would be sweet too.

Edit: Or maybe instead of directly adding a song, a main hand weapon that adds a new effect to existing ones, like a lesser degree of magic defense to Minne, occ. absorbs matching elemental damage to Carol, etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-12 08:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
access to Indi/Geo-Regain would be sweet too.

If they haven't given it to us by now, they aint giving it to us. :(
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-12 09:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That could also allow COR to have more flexibility beyond Chaos/Samurai.

They'd need to adjust some of the other rolls then, SAMs the biggest thing that keeps the job unique buff wise outside of pet only rolls, its other rolls outside of chaos are fairly tame compared to what other jobs can give in terms of buffs
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-12 10:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

They'd need to adjust some of the other rolls then, SAMs the biggest thing that keeps the job unique buff wise outside of pet only rolls, its other rolls outside of chaos are fairly tame compared to what other jobs can give in terms of buffs

If they went the route of giving a weapon that adds effects for BRD, for COR you might see stuff like a small chance to Triple Attack on Rogue's Roll, Critical hit damage+ on Warrior's Roll, chance to block on Gallant's Roll, etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-12 10:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Always thought it would be cool if they gave COR a piece of gear that "Augments" Phantom Roll by bumping up the effects of their rolls to another tier or effect. Something similar to how the 100/1200 BLU gift bumps DA trait to TA.

Some ideas:

Fighter's Roll grants Triple Attack instead of Double Attack (Or I suppose Rogue's Roll would be more fitting)
Samura's Roll grants FUA instead of Store TP
Tactician's Roll grants TP Endrain instead of Regain
Monk's Roll grants Subtle Blow II instead of SB1
Evoker's Roll grants Conserve MP instead of Refresh
Gallant's Roll grants Noctoshield/Phalanx instead of Defense Bonus
etc

It would be a nifty way to add some tactical element to rolls and also allow people to use different rolls. It would be the exact same Phantom Roll status effect, just augmented to grant a different stat, so you couldn't use 2x Sam's Roll with 2 CORs and get STP+FUA. The COR could choose to either use the "Augments Phantom Roll" piece of gear or not, so they wouldn't have to add any extra die or abilities to make this possible, just add the effects and attach them to each roll when the requisite piece of gear is worn at the time of roll. You basically double roll ability effects with just one piece.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-12 10:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If they went the route of giving a weapon that adds effects for BRD, for COR you might see stuff like a small chance to Triple Attack on Rogue's Roll, Critical hit damage+ on Warrior's Roll, chance to block on Gallant's Roll, etc.

wow, i was drafting my own reply and you basically took some of my own points right out of my head ^^
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-12 11:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd definitely welcome more situational benefits to buffs so it's not always the same rolls. With no idea what Empy +2/3 is going to look like for COR, we might see some unexpectedly fun stuff.

I'd definitely dig effects attached to the rolls that reinforce class identity, add extra complexity, or combine melee/magic to make party composition more flexible.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-06-12 20:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

it's interesting. the newest set of resurgence missions made a brief mention of prime weapons. I am 90% sure those are the dark relics
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-06-12 20:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping for a movement speed + Geo Bubble. No Indi equivalent though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-12 20:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
it's interesting. the newest set of resurgence missions made a brief mention of prime weapons. I am 90% sure those are the dark relics

Thanks for the spoiler.
 Asura.Zetaking
Server: Asura
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2022-06-12 23:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

would like the past weaponskills on them, ur blade would be fun(and fusion for blu), but a rng or cor with cracker-barrel now that would be interesting >.>; aoe cone darkness weaponskill that drains hp on the 2 jobs with the most paper thin def ^^
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-06-13 06:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Supernads said: »
I hope not because what would be the point of that bubble? Noone kites and it's only in one spot. Or did I misunderstand this? I think the only thing geo has left to get is regain tbh.
By SimonSes 2022-06-15 17:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
SimonSes said: »
Also Prime weapons simply can't be Bonanza weapons. We already know Prime weapons look like dark relics. Bonanza weapons look nothing like black relics.
Was that actually confirmed?

After finishing TVR chapter 6, I have no idea how people still have any doubts >.>
[+]
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-06-15 22:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Leviathan.Supernads said: »
I hope not because what would be the point of that bubble? Noone kites and it's only in one spot. Or did I misunderstand this? I think the only thing geo has left to get is regain tbh.

Pay me no mind, I only say dumb things.

"Don't believe me, I am a true liar."
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-16 01:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

After finishing TVR chapter 6, I have no idea how people still have any doubts >.>

I'm only semi-trolling when I note that:
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-16 06:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-16 06:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Let them have all new ws which have unlockable quests like the mythic and empy ws
By SimonSes 2022-06-16 09:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-16 09:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-16 22:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Let them have all new ws which have unlockable quests like the mythic and empy ws

At this point I'd be shocked if they don't just get the existing relic WS. Likely alongside some adjustments to those WS.
By Hopalong 2022-06-16 22:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case, I hope they require the original relic to also create the prime. Calling it now: Those dumb VR mission weapons rewards + present relic weapon = prime + a whole bunch of grindy ***.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-16 23:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
If that's the case, I hope they require the original relic to also create the prime.

Didn't they already say that won't happen? Thought so, but maybe I'm misremembering something. And at any rate, I wouldn't expect that. I DO expect grindy BS though, that's a given ;)

As for the WS, I just can't see them creating new WS animations and thinking through different WS at this point in the game's life. Much more likely that they will just repurpose assets they already have like using recolored existing weapon models, and reusing WS animations.

They also seem pretty keen to associate ultimate weapons with a specific WS type. And there are only so many different types of WS they can come up with at this point, so unless they just start picking random crap (feels unlikely) or create brand new WS (also feels unlikely), it would break down as:

Weapon type : Associated WS
* Relic/Prime: Relic WS (which I do not think they'll unlock for use with other weapons, but I do think they'll adjust the WS stats alongside Prime weapon availability)
* Mythic: Mythic WS
* Empyrean: Empyrean WS
* Aeonic: Merit Point WS
* Ambuscade: Trial/WSNM quested WS
By Hopalong 2022-06-16 23:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To prevent an underpowered WS relic compared to an improved relic WS prime they\d have to adjust the original relics like you're saying. I honestly don't see them doing that much work though.
By Asura.Hadroncollider 2022-06-17 05:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be fun to see something completly new.
like if the weapons where job specific ammo our you could swap them in without losing TP depending on the job, not for another new weaponskill or their dmg ratings/stats but sole for some job specific stuff like a new extremly powerfull trait you simply macro in. Rdm should get something like "all spell potency +20%" and... well... other jobs idc. Also we should be able to equip that thing for our sub job with reduced power.
By Manque 2022-06-17 07:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
If that's the case, I hope they require the original relic to also create the prime.

Didn't they already say that won't happen?

Yes, they said this in the live stream.
[+]
By gargurty 2022-06-17 08:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i just hope they make it usefull. Even if they add a new ws. But i would be gutted if neagling would still beat it. They should nerf that weapon lol
By Nariont 2022-06-17 10:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point I'd be shocked if they don't just get the existing relic WS. Likely alongside some adjustments to those WS.

Don't know why they didn't already, once empyrean/mythic ws' came out and later questable in the case of empyreans, relics lost what it was that made them "unique" beyond I guess all of them being single target
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-17 10:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They'd have to actually put the effort in to retune relic ws.

You're never going to see someone want to use coronoch without the anni bonus damage, for example. So that means they have to readjust them all, then adjust all the relics because they can't retain the bonus damage if they're all adjusted. and it's simply more effort than they give a ***about. And none of the players care enough to force the issue.

And then if the relic ws reach a level of "too good" then they have no use for the relic itself cause you'd just use the better weapon. It's a whole process and they have zero *** to give to it.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-17 10:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few relic WS that would be nice for skillchains, which is really what mythic WS are atm unless you are using a mythic.

Edit: I guess people maybe use magic mythic WS w/o the weapon?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14