What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-07 15:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn’t matter. You thought naegling was bad, just wait until everyone has onion sword III
By SimonSes 2022-06-07 15:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Doesn’t matter. You thought naegling was bad, just wait until everyone has onion sword III

Onion sword III is worse than Naegling. It would be only game changing for jobs that lack access to Naeglingz like DNC.

Also Prime weapons simply can't be Bonanza weapons. We already know Prime weapons look like dark relics. Bonanza weapons look nothing like black relics.
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-07 16:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also Prime weapons simply can't be Bonanza weapons. We already know Prime weapons look like dark relics. Bonanza weapons look nothing like black relics.
Was that actually confirmed?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-07 16:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-07 16:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Onion sword III is worse than Naegling. It would be only game changing for jobs that lack access to Naeglingz like DNC.

Onion Sword III would often be better than Naegling for Red Mage.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-07 16:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Was that actually confirmed?

I mean unless SE is was talking about something different when they announced Prime Weapons and they are planning on releasing a whole separate line of weapons that isn't the second image in the gallery *spoiler if you haven't done missions*, Prime Weapons are Dark Relics.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-07 16:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, we don't KNOW that Prime weapons look like dark relics. What we've seen could very well only be an early stage version of the final weapon - like Empyrean early stage weapons don't have the same model as the completed weapon, or Su3/4 weapons don't look like the Su5.

But yeah, I agree with you that it seems extremely unlikely that Prime = Bonanza weapons.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-07 16:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
What we've seen could very well only be an early stage version of the final weapon - like Empyrean early stage weapons don't have the same model as the completed weapon, or Su3/4 weapons don't look like the Su5.

When have they ever shown the trial/pre-stage of the final-form weapons in quests before?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-07 16:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What we've seen could very well only be an early stage version of the final weapon - like Empyrean early stage weapons don't have the same model as the completed weapon, or Su3/4 weapons don't look like the Su5.

When have they ever shown the trial/pre-stage of the final-form weapons in quests before?

I'm not saying it's highly likely, but let's not act like we have 100% confirmed proof because of one mission CS picture (with some intentionally vague story bits). It does seem probable that they will indeed just be dark versions of the existing Relic models - but we don't KNOW that yet.

Also... as others have said, please purple-black afterglow effect like Sagasinger ;)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-07 16:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

because of one mission CS picture (with some intentionally vague story bits).

??

The initial art for TVR showed the same dark relics from the CS. A part of the story does involve the mystery behind the strength of the sword that the Gloom Phantom wields, which is a dark version of Ragnarok. What confirmed proof do you need?

Quote:
It’s also getting close to the time for new battle content so that you can get your hands on the Prime Weapons, which we’ve been hinting at over the past couple months.

They've shown the models already.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-07 16:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

oh hell, this is SE. They can always pull a double fake on us that the "Dark Relics" were revealed as such because the Beastmen lacked the knowledge to truly unlock their full potential, and then a blessing from Odin or some *** morphs their model yadayada.

I'm not saying any of this is realistic, but it feels completely within SE's wheelhouse to pull that kind of swaparoo on us.

....it also feels completely like SE to just re-use assets and recolor them. ;)
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-07 17:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
It’s also getting close to the time for new battle content so that you can get your hands on the Prime Weapons, which we’ve been hinting at over the past couple months.

They've shown the models already.

Maybe. Probably! But "we've been hinting at" and some art (not in-game weapon models) isn't confirmation. Who cares, we'll see it when we see it. I'm just annoyed by people stating informed predictions as absolute fact.

Again, I think you're most likely correct - particularly because it's less work to just recolor existing assets. And it's obvious that at a minimum, the "dark relics" clearly have something to do with the Prime weapons. But none of us here actually know what the final product will be until they actually release the update or say "these are the weapons!" (in a developer video, freshly picked, etc.)

Cele's example is exactly the kind of thing I'm thinking as a not particularly likely (but very SE-like) possibility. It's not beyond all conceivable possibility that they'd do something like give players the "Dark Relic" version as the first stage, and then they can be further enhanced to reach their FINAL FORM that could come with a new model.

Another example: what if the Dark Relic version is what you need to acquire in part of the Prime Weapon creation process, but those dark weapons are now just dead husks of their former power. And then you bring it to a moogle and trade 10,000 Rainbow Toenails and MOOGLE MAGIC infuses the dead weapon with the ULTIMATE POWER and they take the same weapon model and give it a tie-dye effect like the AMAN trove boxes? I wouldn't place a bet that's what is going to happen... but would I be completely shocked if that came to pass? Nah.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-07 17:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sign me up for Rainbow Toenails.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-07 17:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
....it also feels completely like SE to just re-use assets and recolor them. ;)

I'd be surprised if we get:

• New weapon skills or animations

• Blurple afterglow

• Weapons that can be used across multiple jobs like the Ambuscade weapons or weapon types that fill current gaps (like a Rostam-equivalent main hand for RNG), rather than the same old H2H for MNK/PUP, dagger for THF/BRD/DNC, sword for RDM/PLD/BLU, etc.

• Aftermaths or stats that enhance the utility of the job(s) that can equip it rather than the same effect across the entire line

• Access to Cosmic Elucidation or some other kind of Lv4 skillchain

I'm not expecting much beyond the relic weapons desaturated/darkened with the usual 269 combat skill, maybe a middling amount (+15~20) of 2-3 base stats and accuracy/attack somewhere in the range of Ambuscade/Odyssey weapons in addition to whatever gimmick they decide to attach to the weapons that doesn't overlap Relic/Mythic utility, Empyrean stat boost + X damage, Aeonic Store TP + TP Bonus + Umbra/Radiance, or the Su5 weapon paths.

To be honest, I have no idea what would fit alongside what we have now. There don't seem to be any major needs. The jobs that aren't broken have good weapons to choose from already, the jobs that are broken are most likely not going to be find their weapon to be a fix, and I doubt we'll see anything as game-changing as Tizona for BLU for example.

Maybe it'll have some kind of synergy with Empyrean +2/3, or maybe it'll be something unexpected like being boosted by number of reforged JSE equipped (i.e. set bonus).
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-07 18:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Fast Blade II a 5.0 ftp WS, 2 hits that replicates TP? You'd be able to not use TP bonus and it would be better than Savage blade on any dual wield setup out of the gate.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-07 18:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

2 things:
SE saving time and resources by recoloring relics vs literally anything else. We didn't get angry when they were revealed, we got excited. Hook line sinker. Please look forwatd to it. (We will)

This will be a 3rd goblin weapon, so it's not suprising we're getting something that is basically identical to previous weapons.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-07 18:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Plot twist: we THINK that Valhalla is a grim place full of darkness and black/grey tones. But when we actually get there it's a technicolor acid trip land full of rainbows and color, and Odin is riding on... a sparkly unicorn??? Actually Sleipnir's true appearance, we just didn't know that because it is disguised with magic when traveling to other realms in order to deceive people and prevent a flood of foolish mortals trying to crash Odin's carnival party realm.

Happy Pride Month, everybody!
[+]
By Ultimaetus 2022-06-07 20:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For caster weapons, it doesn't even have to be a good weapon. Any item that enables me to cast unique spells has always been hype in my eyes. Even dispelga for as niche as it is.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-07 20:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Plot twist: we THINK that Valhalla is a grim place full of darkness and black/grey tones. But when we actually get there it's a technicolor acid trip land full of rainbows and color, and Odin is riding on... a sparkly unicorn??? Actually Sleipnir's true appearance, we just didn't know that because it is disguised with magic when traveling to other realms in order to deceive people and prevent a flood of foolish mortals trying to crash Odin's carnival party realm.

[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-06-08 00:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-08 01:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted that it's quite likely that's gonna be their final look, I wouldn't take it for granted. I expect them to don't get me wrong, but then again it wouldn't be so unlike SE to use a plot-twist device where the "looks like Relic but it's dark" aspect is just a raw, incomplete or "dirtied" form, and when you truly "complete" the weapon, they have a completely different look.

So yeah, let's not take that for granted because, while likely, it's not written in stone.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-08 01:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

heh. seems like all of us saying the same thing- we expect the vanilla, but never put it past SE to throw some chili powder for no logical reason whatsoever.
By CrAZYVIC 2022-06-08 02:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I would prefer weapons like the "Mythical" which enhance unique aspects of each job, objects like that give us more motivation get them. For example increase the power and duration of the REGEN in SCH, DRK increase the power of "Drain", WAR increase the double attack damage etc

I also think the prime weapons will be more powerful than the REMAS for the first 6 months, to give players motivation to do the content, but in a future patch the REMAS will catch up and be TOP again.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-08 02:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

CrAZYVIC said: »
Personally, I would prefer weapons like the "Mythical" which enhance unique aspects of each job,
I think that's what the majority of us would like them to be, but then again I think it's quite unlikely they will.
Especially if they end up using the Relics models, there's less weapons than there are jobs, sooo...

Quote:
For example increase the power and duration of the REGEN in SCH
Duh, you have Musa path C for that? It's already a "mythic-like" weapon, one for each job, each with a special path that enhances some specific aspect of that job.
[+]
By Nlsmo 2022-06-08 05:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as we are all in the hopes and dreams ...

COR - Dagger (Single target roll ability like Pianissimo)
GEO - Handbell (Hybrid GEO bubble spell Frail/Mal -10%)
RUN - Ammo (Occasionally absorbs ko damage and consumes runes)
SMN - Ammo (Master ruby avatar ability invulnerability X time X recast)
PUP - Range (insert pup stuffs here >.>)
WHM - Ammo (Lights blessing - spell Regen/Regain X duration)

I could come up with more but I feel that going down the hybrid spell route would be useful in most cases. Also producing something that isn't already covered by other REMA ie handbell, animator.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-08 06:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Personally, I would prefer weapons like the "Mythical" which enhance unique aspects of each job,
I think that's what the majority of us would like them to be, but then again I think it's quite unlikely they will.
Especially if they end up using the Relics models, there's less weapons than there are jobs, sooo...

Quote:
For example increase the power and duration of the REGEN in SCH
Duh, you have Musa path C for that? It's already a "mythic-like" weapon, one for each job, each with a special path that enhances some specific aspect of that job.

Next upgrade for mythics should be smushing path C dyna weapons into them. Death penalty gets a Rostram Bayonnet. All mythics get at least a small section reworked with the rainbow goodness that is su5 so you can visually see how much money a person is willing to spend on a single job.

Next upgrade for Relics should be eating ambuscade weapons. Relics get their GLOW effects. You get 2 enhanced WS on 1 weapon, relic attack/accuracy, some additional stats to make them well rounded. Add post zilart jobs onto them. Maybe nerf some of the ambu additional effects if it's outrageous because theses ones are the cheap ones. Poor 1h offhands

Empyrean eat Aeonics. Tp bonus helps all empyrean WS. Empyrean augments add ws modifiers for merits WS almost 100% (sorry staff, but Illuminati still confirmed). Weapon is great when you aren't SCing because of AM3 from empy and is great when you are SCing because of AM3 from Aeonics. Ultimate SC still eats AM so you can't be great 100% of the time. Amazing 1h offhands. Idk which way they should go visually but obviously they keep Red AG.

What could go wrong? They'll hopefully wait a year+ after Prime weapons to do this and Prime Weapons will be really good OR really inclusive so that they mesh well. Hopefully AoE campaign WSs attached so you want them regardless of how good these become
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-08 14:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Next upgrade for mythics should be smushing path C dyna weapons into them.

Next upgrade for Relics should be eating ambuscade weapons. Relics get their GLOW effects.

Empyrean eat Aeonics.

This is kind of brilliant. Relic-Ambu weapons aren't quiiiite a clean 1:1 match since there are no Ambuscade gun/shield/instrument (and no relic grip), but the combined versions would indeed cover all jobs. And the mad rush on Excaliburs would be f'ing hilarious.

10/10, kinda sad it will never happen!

I mean, there's no reason they COULDN'T just add multiple different job-specific stats to the same weapon. Why not have the H2H give an "Enhances Impetus" effect as well as an "Enhances Maneuvers" effect to boost both MNK and PUP on one weapon? Analogous to something like Gleti's set having a bunch of pet stats that help BST (and DRG to a more minor extent), but it's still good gear for THF DNC BLU.

Though, if they can only fit so many stats on a single piece that's probably a limiting factor.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-06-08 15:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, there's no reason they COULDN'T just add multiple different job-specific stats to the same weapon. Why not have the H2H give an "Enhances Impetus" effect as well as an "Enhances Maneuvers" effect to boost both MNK and PUP on one weapon? Analogous to something like Gleti's set having a bunch of pet stats that help BST (and DRG to a more minor extent), but it's still good gear for THF DNC BLU.

Though, if they can only fit so many stats on a single piece that's probably a limiting factor.

and on the other hand, Divergence weapons use the same weapon model for shared weapon type (e.g. Rostam / Gandring / Barfawc / Setan Kober), so it's not like it's out of the question to make one per job just recycling the same model for weapon types. although, that concept may interfere with lore purposes, and isn't quite as fun either
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-08 16:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really curious what they are going to add to the last line of Odyssey gear. It might be nothing but it could be amazing enough to motivate people to do higher difficulty odyssey. I'm going to say I'm happy either way, but I'll probably find a way to be mad about it later.
[+]
 Siren.Obysuca
Server: Siren
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2022-06-08 16:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if someone else has brought it up, but SE could always (unlikely, but hey lol) do a magian trial style for prime weapons.
Such as a "blank" weapon, go through stages, then it branches out into paths for different jobs, probably requiring 300 or so job cards for that job's weapon starting path. It's unlikely, but it'd definitely help with the issue of mnk/pup weapons that are just 100% for mnk
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14