What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-09 16:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Snapshot and Rapid Shot are definitely job traits.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-09 16:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
You can literally only use Uriel Blade while wielding Griffinclaw and having the campaign buff (FOR NOW DAMNIT! GIVE ME THIS SE!). That's 2 different conditionals that have to be met in order to be able to select a WS.
Uriel would break the game in half. You can do over 30k with it without outside buffs, and that's with a non-ilvl mainhand with no stats.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-09 16:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
They do seem to be coded different. For example, JAs are reset if you swap jobs, while spell recasts are preserved.

I get the idea of JAs that are centric to weapons but they wouldn't have to go about creating them like that. Instead you make JAs that are a part of the job but are always hidden by a restraint unless using the weapon with a conditional modifier. That way you aren't manifesting the JAs similar to how you activate enhancement effects on items. Even if you did go the other way, items can contain cooldown timers or store information like the old faux relic weapons from abyssea that let you use a relic ws every X amount of other WSs.

The statement about JAs being reset on job swaps is partially true and partially false. Normal JAs are reset on job change, but both SP JAs are not and they even track accross all jobs so you can't change jobs quickly to abuse this mechanic that is present in normal JAs.

They have many ways to implement and keep track of JAs. This should not be taxing if they desired to implement it...other than them having no dedicated engineers on the team. So as im/possible as anything else that requires them to borrow a body from ffxiv.

You can literally only use Uriel Blade while wielding Griffinclaw and having the campaign buff (FOR NOW DAMNIT! GIVE ME THIS SE!). That's 2 different conditionals that have to be met in order to be able to select a WS.
Uriel would break the game in half. You can do over 30k with it without outside buffs, and that's with a non-ilvl mainhand with no stats.

Obviously I would be fine with that if it were true. But magical WSs only get a boost from weapon level, not weapon damage. The weapon damage has increased 4x since lvl 75 but the difference between 75 to 99 is less than 1/3rd of an increase to a modifier that is additive rather than multiplicative to the whole equation. And the targets you can use Uriel Blade against probably don't have real amounts of MDB or stats to fight against dStat.

Strong AoE to help with Mastery Levels would be a welcome change and doesn't have to compete with single target damage. SCs are only on the main target. If you want to have a boss fight have adds and not let them be AoE cheesed, you make the boss take magical damage and the adds resistant like they do anything else in this game. Or even the reductions to additional targets like they do in dyna d stages or odyssey. I'm hoping we get campaign WSs soon and they can always balance them down if they are truly outrageous.

The funny part is I really want Uriel Blade for the AoE flash on RDM/PLD. If the damage was modest but it pissed ***off, I'd still be interested. Obviously competitve damage would be appreciated.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-09 17:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The statement about JAs being reset on job swaps is partially true and partially false. Normal JAs are reset on job change, but both SP JAs are not and they even track accross all jobs so you can't change jobs quickly to abuse this mechanic that is present in normal JAs.
That's because the SPs and SP2s are basically considered all the same JA, so you're never without them. If you use an SP on a non-master job then switch to a mastered job, your recast doesn't get updated to consider the lower cooldown because it's still considered the same JA as what you originally used it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-09 17:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are counting the Merits that give a base amount of Snapshot to Ranger, or the gifts to COR found in their job points to give them a token amount as well, then we just define "trait" differently. No biggie, just different nomenclature.

Rapid Shot you are correct, there is a native amount given to both that I forgot about.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-09 17:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because the SPs and SP2s are basically considered all the same JA, so you're never without them. If you use an SP on a non-master job then switch to a mastered job, your recast doesn't get updated to consider the lower cooldown because it's still considered the same JA as what you originally used it.

And the idea of these JAs you can only use with weapons equipped can be modeled as SP3.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-09 18:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
If you are counting the Merits that give a base amount of Snapshot to Ranger, or the gifts to COR found in their job points to give them a token amount as well, then we just define "trait" differently. No biggie, just different nomenclature.

Rapid Shot you are correct, there is a native amount given to both that I forgot about.
It's not really a nomenclature thing, as Snapshot literally shows up in the Job Traits menu if you take those merits, appears under Job Traits in auto-translate, and SE refers to it as a job trait when adjusting it. It's no different from say, Desperate Blows.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-09 18:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And the idea of these JAs you can only use with weapons equipped can be modeled as SP3.
Except that weapon JAs would disappear when you take the weapon off. SP1 and SP2 never disappear unless you delevel down to 95, at which point the cooldown for SP2 is reset when you get back to 96.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-09 18:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

It's not really a nomenclature thing, as Snapshot literally shows up in the Job Traits menu if you take those merits. It's no different from say, Desperate Blows.

Like I said, its not a big deal. But Desperate Blows augments an existing job ability (Last Resort) and is available naturally without merits, gear, or job points. Snapshot is a form of speeding up a game mechanic that is universal across many jobs, ranged attacks. Its available to Samurais, Thiefs, Red Mages and tons of other jobs without any natural traits from job or subjob via gear choices.

My issue with SE calling something that is not naturally present on a job, and also available on multiple jobs via gear only a "trait" is not with you, its with SE's nomenclature. I'm not saying I'm right- its their game and its what they opted to call it. It just doesn't jive with me the way other "Traits" do.

Again, really isn't that big of a deal.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-09 18:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Desperate Blows being available without merits is a relatively new thing; for years it was merit only. The same was true for Snapshot; it was restricted to Ranger's merits for quite a while.

There's nothing inherent separating Desperate Blows and Snapshot; SE could add all jobs Desperate Blows gear if they wanted to, they just haven't. Even Fast Cast was originally limited to Red Mage.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-09 18:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that weapon JAs would disappear when you take the weapon off. SP1 and SP2 never disappear unless you delevel down to 95, at which point the cooldown for SP2 is reset when you get back to 96.

Yeah but there isn't any reason the cooldown has to reset. They can clearly keep track of things if they want to.

At least as much as I can assert on a thing that is theory crafted.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-09 18:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I can assert there is currently no evidence that they can track JAs that are not currently attached to your job. SP1s and SP2s are all treated as the same JA, and the only time you can use it, fully lose it, and regain it (deleveling to 95 then going back to 96), the recast resets.

I'm not saying it's impossible that they can track it, just that it's very plausible that they can't.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-09 18:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely possible that they wouldn't be able to without having to make real alterations. This game can probably still run on a 56k modem, god knows how scary it looks under the hood.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-09 19:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
I'd forgotten about it, but there is the Reviler's Helm with enchantment "Provoke" on it.

Obviously, they wouldn't be able to put an enchantment on the prime weapons if they plan for them to be augmented as well, but it would be possible to do something like the waist items for ranged weapons.

I specifically mentioned Provoke Enchantment item in my post, which is where I got the idea from. Instead of an Enchantment restricting the use, I was thinking the ability would just be added to your list of JAs once equipped with the Prime Weapon (assuming its not on cooldown). You can still tie the cooldown invisibly to the weapon if you want, I was just wondering if something like that was possible. But they've never done anything like that before, so it's probably not something they would ever do.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-09 21:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
I'd forgotten about it, but there is the Reviler's Helm with enchantment "Provoke" on it.

Obviously, they wouldn't be able to put an enchantment on the prime weapons if they plan for them to be augmented as well, but it would be possible to do something like the waist items for ranged weapons.

I specifically mentioned Provoke Enchantment item in my post, which is where I got the idea from.

Haha, I saw that after I woke up from a nap and read some of the previous posts instead of just scanning them for keywords. Definitely felt a bit silly.
By cuddlyhamster 2022-06-09 23:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said:
I was thinking the ability would just be added to your list of JAs once equipped with the Prime Weapon (assuming its not on cooldown). You can still tie the cooldown invisibly to the weapon if you want, I was just wondering if something like that was possible. But they've never done anything like that before, so it's probably not something they would ever do.

Is what you are thinking of different from current REMA? Like how Relic WSs are available when Relics are equipped. and some abyssea weapons i think. I think the other EMAs also allow use of WS even if not unlocked by other means.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-09 23:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

JA, not WS.
[+]
 Asura.Lordtrey
user: Lordtrey
By Asura.Lordtrey 2022-06-10 00:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Really all I want is the weapons to make the female characters thigh-highs thiccer and appear on all female leg armor with 50 yalms.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-10 06:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I want them to be so weak that I don't need to farm one.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-10 08:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I want them to be so weak that I don't need to farm one.
lulz xD
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2022-06-10 12:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Begging for Great Sword availability for DRK.
[+]
 Bahamut.Probono
Server: Bahamut
user: Probono
By Bahamut.Probono 2022-06-10 15:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They got u

[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2022-06-10 18:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Honestly just hoping its not the weapons that have been part of Mog Bonanza recently.

my guess is they were testing out new mechanics for the prime weapons.
By DaneBlood 2022-06-11 10:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For brd I want Glory March. Haste +Refresh (+regen?). no need to pianissimo the mage all the time
By Chimerawizard 2022-06-11 11:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
For brd I want Glory March. Haste +Refresh (+regen?). no need to pianissimo the mage all the time
I want Altana's Ballad. Refresh+ DEF+ EVA+ mEVA+
also want Honor march to be buffed w/ mACC+
[+]
By kalyoth 2022-06-11 16:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally - a Lute or Guitar-styled string weapon for Bard. As for all the other jobs, the Su5 designed skins on a 2.0 version of Relic - where they all function based upon todays ilvl standards - with a kicker added into each for a cost to pay in hp/mp or sync it to Master Level to automatically activate. Something truly new.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-11 18:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Prime Shield has a decent block rate (size 5) and 25% PDT2 I wouldn't be mad.

I am kinda over weapon-locked songs, but I also don't have another good idea for bard. Maybe they could put 20% QA/100 Acc on it or something and say it's for meleeing.
[+]
By kalyoth 2022-06-11 18:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Prime Shield has a decent block rate and 25% PDT2 I wouldn't be mad.

I am kinda over weapon-locked songs, but I also don't have another good idea for bard. Maybe they could put 20% QA/100 Acc on it or something and say it's for meleeing.

Stop trying to keep me a BRD forever cause if you do, I can't cook you no more pastries!
By CrAZYVIC 2022-06-12 04:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
Begging for Great Sword availability for DRK.

Personally, I would like a weapon skill similar to Tachi: Fudo / Torcleaver on "Scythe", I am of the idea that this is the main weapon of DRK.

The Weapon-Skill that I propose, considering several factors, like, Drk pdif caps higher 4.5, the 528 delay giving us the chance of 3 hit builds easily, the higher base damage of Scythe etc.

Tachi fudo : 1k 3.75 / 2k 5.75 / 3k 8.0 -> 80% STR
Torcleaver: 1k 4.75 / 2k 7.5 / 3k 9.7 -> 80% VIT
New Scythe ws: 1k 3.25 / 2k 5.25 / 3k 7.5 -> 80% STR

This WS is better than cross-reaper but weaker than Torcleaver, the idea is not to make great swords obsolete, but to give DRK-Scythe a ws of the caliber of tachi fudo
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-12 07:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Prime Shield has a decent block rate (size 5) and 25% PDT2 I wouldn't be mad.

Agreed on both accounts- the not knowing what else to do, and also desiring something different. Maybe at least a unique enfeebling song- while a player-adjusted Massacre Elegy could be great, a multi-element Threnody I find interesting as well. Or a Nightmare Lullaby with a range that matches Sleepga and also applies a kaustra they sleep thru or something....I know giving an enfeeble vs a party buff would require it to be damn good to justify the time to build.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14