What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
By Nariont 2022-06-17 10:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot all the TP effects on them are simply tied to AM duration and not something ws' specific, so yeah i suppose that's simply "too much effort" as to the ws itself not entirely, some of them still have some value in the sc element they provide, i.e sword/gs, admittedly many of the others got their once unique sc attributes copied over from a later mythic/empy/merit ws, but not all of them, and their dmg at base isn't terrible after they got their last rework all those yrs ago
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-17 18:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Hopalong said: »
If that's the case, I hope they require the original relic to also create the prime.

Didn't they already say that won't happen?

Yes, they said this in the live stream.

The perfect cover so the currency doesn't blow up. Relics are delightfully cheap to make on my server so i made a couple for fun.

Asura.Bippin said: »
There are a few relic WS that would be nice for skillchains, which is really what mythic WS are atm unless you are using a mythic.

Edit: I guess people maybe use magic mythic WS w/o the weapon?
Mandalic is pretty good for THF but yeah, you usually make the mythic if the mythic WS is good.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-06-18 05:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I want DRK to only be on the Scythe, the Great Sword should be RUN only, so that a certain dark knight will be annoyed.
[+]
By billnes 2022-06-28 17:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
A weapon that deals 99,999 damage per swing

OHHH... Yes, please... Thank you..

With how bad my playing is.... Absolutely essential...

Don't want to hear that? Too bad... Phooey on you... Like I give a damn.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-06-28 20:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
I want DRK to only be on the Scythe, the Great Sword should be RUN only, so that a certain dark knight will be annoyed.
Why you gotta poke him? He rages enough.
 Phoenix.Mrfluffy
user: Mrfluffy
By Phoenix.Mrfluffy 2022-06-28 22:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

game is dead who cares..
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-06-29 00:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mrfluffy said: »
game is dead who cares..

Thanks for this thrilling information guy who browses dead game websites.
[+]
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-06-29 00:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mrfluffy said: »
game is dead who cares..

That's why this is the preferred game of necrophiliacs everywhere.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-29 08:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This still going on? Simple they give us Oblivion Smash as a Weapon Skill, 100% STR/DEX/VIT/MND/INT/CHA mod, 30 fTP and 50 yalms AoE range.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-29 08:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This still going on? Simple they give us Oblivion Smash as a Weapon Skill, 100% STR/DEX/VIT/MND/INT/CHA mod, 30 fTP and 50 yalms AoE range.

5-hit, ftp transfer. :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2022-06-29 08:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »

Love you too, Suph.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-29 12:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Ignores all Defense and even special defense. Additional affect: Lowers target's will to live
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-29 12:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Ignores all Defense and even special defense. Additional affect: Lowers target's will to live

y'all forgot the 1st hit proc TH14 on it.
[+]
By Spookyfish89 2022-06-29 12:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Would it be too much to ask for at this point that we have the ability to spam it when surrounded by enemies regardless of TP like Valaineral?
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-29 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Spookyfish89 said: »

Would it be too much to ask for at this point that we have the ability to spam it when surrounded by enemies regardless of TP like Valaineral?

And an aura that activates whenever you're attacked rather than a WS.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-06-29 14:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

billnes said: »
A weapon that deals 99,999 damage per swing

OHHH... Yes, please... Thank you..

With how bad my playing is.... Absolutely essential...

Don't want to hear that? Too bad... Phooey on you... Like I give a damn.
But has a 999 delay, and 5% accuracy rate
By Nariont 2022-06-29 15:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys forgot it caps the party/alliances gil after every WS
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-06-29 15:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The dev team certainly can do color adjustments to the current relic weaponskill animations and call it primal weaponskills. I personally want to see new weaponskills with the primal weapons or primal version of the relic ones. Wish there was still a test server like they did for aeonic weaponskills. It was a lot of fun exploring those...
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-06-29 15:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

First hit also has additional effect: Comet
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-06-29 16:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »

Makes perfect sense for a skillchain to have additional effect: Meteor then
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-29 21:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said: »

Makes perfect sense for a skillchain to have additional effect: Meteor then

Ultima on MB please!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-29 21:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The dev team certainly can do color adjustments to the current relic weaponskill animations and call it primal weaponskills. I personally want to see new weaponskills with the primal weapons or primal version of the relic ones. Wish there was still a test server like they did for aeonic weaponskills. It was a lot of fun exploring those...
Be funny to see Prime Weapons have the exact same WSs as relics, but at a ftp modifier based on TP. You wanna see people throw their relics like they got Monkeypox? Here ya go!
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2022-06-30 05:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

as many commented, having weapons for mages that aren't just like the melee counterparts.

that being said, I do think they need to make some changes to the current weapon system. not necessarily take power away from 1 handed weapons, but make 2 handed weapons worth using.

g-axe on war- sure they can put out more white damage with ukon then naegling, but savage spam is just very strong. but instead of nerfing that weapon, how about we make 2 handed weapons somehow accentuate the job wielding them?

warrior already gets capped or near capped double attack, so their brazen rush, their 2nd 1 hour is practically useless, unless you're making a build to strip DA in favor of something else when it's up.

maybe make the weapon for warrior add a crit hit damage +25% when using mighty strokes and brazen rush to actually make it worth using, so when both are up, you get a 50% bonus.

likewise staves need adjustments. it's sad to see bunzi rod having the same base mage stats (70 mab, 50 magacc) as the mpaca staff, so a blm when maxing mab will favor bunzi/amarapi over any staff/grip.

now this is in part because grips offer practically nothing compared to shields, so this could be resolved by adjusting grips as well. But rather than giving staves higher base damage, give them a hidden elemental affinity like the old level 51 ele staves had. and for the relic2- give blm a staff that allows them to break the damage cap when magic bursting. or a grip that actually benefits the job. mab and magacc+40, ele recast -20%, int+30, turns melee attacks into elemental attacks (similar to shantotto 2.)
By gargurty 2022-06-30 07:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of elemental stuff, i still have a full collection of elemental grips. When does the time come that we can synth em into 1 grip like gorgets lol? Always had a feeling the would do that someday and can't get myself to toss em all.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-30 07:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually think it's pretty cool for club to be the highest damage nuking option for once after being the red-headed stepchild for 20 years. It also creates a minorly interesting tradeoff for BLM where staff = MP sustain and club = maximum damage.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-30 07:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
Speaking of elemental stuff, i still have a full collection of elemental grips. When does the time come that we can synth em into 1 grip like gorgets lol? Always had a feeling the would do that someday and can't get myself to toss em all.
...you want a grip with Magic Accuracy +2?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-06-30 10:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
gargurty said: »
...you want a grip with Magic Accuracy +2?

And iLVL elemental staves, made using avatar-ites. Then in 5 years, we can synergy them into two different staves, a light-aligned (Altana Staff), and dark-aligned (Promethia Staff)
 Asura.Rumblepakk
By Asura.Rumblepakk 2022-07-26 12:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

A SMN Staff that either reduced BP delay even more or bests Griovalr in the Avatar Magic atk Bonus department.
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-07-26 14:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For the weapons to not be theme based, but job based.

Too many wide stroke benefits leave certain jobs out. Would like them to show that they cared enough to review what each job could benefit from and try to help support them.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14