ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 142 143 144
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-15 10:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Did anybody bother to watch the debate last night? I question the strategy of Warren‘s people inventing controversy to destroy another Dem, as it doesn’t do anything to help them against Trump.
I don't watch TV and I do not like hearing politicans, even those I might agree with.

I do read the aftermath news. Biggest loosers seem to be Wolf Blitzer and CNN.

DirectX, when you contribute to the topic you have good articulate posts. You have done little but shitposting latley. Please knock it off.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-15 10:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Paged!

[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-15 10:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I do read the aftermath news.
Yah that's the better stuff. I think I read that Trump even sided with Sanders over the Warren Sanders strife?

Link:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump/trump-takes-sanders-side-in-tiff-with-warren-over-prospect-of-female-us-president-idUSKBN1ZE07V
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 11:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of the wall is to decrease illegal entry of all kinds. You don’t have data to support the notion that cartel movements are not being decreased as part of the overall decrease, so your argument is conjecture.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 11:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Of course, but the cartels and the criminals were always used as the justification for its need and for the funding.

I am not saying it is the case, but proposing that it could be and could be the reason why such unspecific language is used.

Do you not care if that was the case, which it very well could be?

It is undoubtable that the cartels are much more determined than your average Mexican man.

I don’t want to debate what “very well could be”, I want to debate facts. Do you have data to support your notion that the decrease in illegal entry does not include the cartels?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 11:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

One, I don’t know that specifics have not been provided by our government. Maybe they have.

Given the burden placed upon the healthcare system due to the drug epidemic, I wouldn’t be bothered either way. The cost of a wall is a drop in the bucket and it’s doing its job according to the Border Patrol. There is no singular thing that is going to singlehandedly stop the cartels. I would back the implementation of additional measures as requested by those on the frontlines of the fight.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 11:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a video. I don’t expect an in-depth analysis of all facts and figures. Even charts are fun for internet arguments and I do use them in here from time to time, but I only legitimately trust raw data from audited sources. Unfortunately, that kind of data is often hard to come by, regardless of the topic being discussed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-15 11:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no singular thing that is going to singlehandedly stop the cartels.
What if....now hear out my crazy theory....we invade with US forces and take out all cartels?? Like 100%, no small pockets of resistance??

How long would that work before someone else fills in the vacuum of crime??? Asking for a friend.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 12:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a video. I don’t expect an in-depth analysis of all facts and figures. Even charts are fun for internet arguments and I do use them in here from time to time, but I only legitimately trust raw data from audited sources. Unfortunately, that kind of data is often hard to come by, regardless of the topic being discussed.
Well, if I was an American and the leader of my country was proposing the idea of a wall on the basis of it stopping drug cartels, when media is produced at a later date to further justify it I would expect it to say "what we have done so far has stopped xxx drug cartels". It's just rational, completing the circle.

The use of such a broad statement and ignoring the important specifics seems to be intentionally misleading. Big numbers sound great as sound bites, but if the actual problem specific is not being resolved (possible, noone knows) then it is intentionally misleading. If that is the case (which it could be) then it is propaganda.

Of course it’s propaganda. Propaganda is the primary mode of communication for politicians around the world. Any communication that serves one side of an argument is almost always propaganda. Now, the amount of intentional misleading may vary, which is why anyone with half a brain will do their homework and sort it out for themselves. If you’re taking any politicians word at face value 100% of the time, then quite frankly you’re an idiot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 12:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
What if....now hear out my crazy theory....we invade with US forces and take out all cartels?? Like 100%, no small pockets of resistance??

How long would that work before someone else fills in the vacuum of crime??? Asking for a friend.

If I had to wager a guess, the decreased supply would cause the cost of the drugs to skyrocket. People would fill the void to take advantage of that, but it could take a long time to rebuild the kind of infrastructure that the cartels currently possess.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-15 12:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to wager a guess, the decreased supply would cause the cost of the drugs to skyrocket. People would fill the void to take advantage of that, but it could take a long time to rebuild the kind of infrastructure that the cartels currently possess.
Hear that???? LOOK OUT MEXICO!!!!!

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 17:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that would be a way of checking the theory then, wouldn't it?

Has the price of cocaine increased since the activities that they claim "reduced illegal immigration by 78%"?

Yes? They stopped cartels.

No? The remaining 22% are basically all the cartels anyway.

Now, who knows the price of cocaine?

Well, there are a lot of other factors that could influence price. Crop yields would be a major contributor, for example. Unless you have inside information on the entire supply chain, you wouldn’t be able to prove causation by price alone.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-15 21:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

.... The cost of a wall is a drop in the bucket and it’s doing its job according to the Border Patrol....
If the job of the wall is to get the cartels to dig more tunnels its a rousing success.

Also, it takes about 5 minuets to cut through those bollards with common battery reciprocating saws. Add a come along and now people can squeeze through.

But hey! The desperate have come on this brand new technology called ladders! Has to be new, as no one ever thunk of it when the wall was designed....

/rolleyes
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 22:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
.... The cost of a wall is a drop in the bucket and it’s doing its job according to the Border Patrol....
If the job of the wall is to get the cartels to dig more tunnels its a rousing success.

Also, it takes about 5 minuets to cut through those bollards with common battery reciprocating saws. Add a come along and now people can squeeze through.

But hey! The desperate have come on this brand new technology called ladders! Has to be new, as no one ever thunk of it when the wall was designed....

/rolleyes

Oh yes, why didn't I think of grossly oversimplifying things in order to make arguments? Why, that works for so many topics!

All abortions should be illegal because it's so easy to not get pregnant! Just use protection. Duh!

What's wrong with voter ID laws? Teenagers get them all the time, so how hard can it be? Duh!

Why do we need welfare programs? There are lots of jobs. People should just get one. Duh!

What's the point in saving endangered species? There aren't enough of them left to affect the ecosystem anyway. Let's just let Darwinism do its thing. Duh!

/rolleyes
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-15 22:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

See, Shi's getting the idea!

And why are we the only nation to have set foot on the moon? How hard can it be? Just point a rocket at the thing and away you go!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 08:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
This is all so unamerican, what happened to making america great again?

Illegals from mexico are a problem? Nuke Mexico out of existence.
Just saved you a lot of time, money and resources.
Well at this rate you could also irradiate the border and hopefully make the border crossers infertile if they survive the crossing. More money savings!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 08:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
This is all so unamerican, what happened to making america great again?

Illegals from mexico are a problem? Nuke Mexico out of existence.
Just saved you a lot of time, money and resources.
Well at this rate you could also irradiate the border and hopefully make the border crossers infertile if they survive the crossing. More money savings!

Oh would solve the problem of them birthing new Democrats and being used by the left to change population demographics.

"The problem with America is it's full of Conservatives. If we can't get them out, we breed them out. That should fetch just the kind of voters we want in America, taxes or no taxes."
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 08:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
"The problem with America is it's full of Conservatives. If we can't get them out, we breed them out. That should fetch just the kind of voters we want in America, taxes or no taxes."
Whoa, calm down there LongShanks. =P
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 142 143 144