ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-21 20:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course they didn't give a ***while getting paid. That's not even debatable.
By Prong 2020-08-21 20:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
You might be okay with that because it worked in favor of your boy, but next time a foreign entity interferes it maybe in favor of the opposing side.

Also, did you just start paying attention to politics 3 years ago or something? Ever play Civilization?

This will never stop as long as borders, countries and governments exists, ever. People like you seem to think for some reason this is the first time a foreign entity has ever attempted to interfere in the elections of another country. The USA does it constantly. Obama just did it to Israel in 2015. This is part of foreign espionage, there are movies about it before Trump ever even had an inclination to run for president.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-21 20:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Of course they didn't give a ***while getting paid. That's not even debatable.

Exactly, so it makes what they say now questionable. That's not debatable, either. Need evidence.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-21 22:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It literally proves the point, they stay silent because they're getting paid. No reason to lie anymore after the money stops.

You've got it assbackwards
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-21 23:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It literally proves the point, they stay silent because they're getting paid. No reason to lie anymore after the money stops.

Not necessarily. When you consider that many of these people who speak out just so happen to have book deals or other financial incentives that coincide with their testimonials, sensationalism is an excellent vehicle for attention. Pure truth doesn't pay as many dividends.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-08-21 23:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
You might be okay with that because it worked in favor of your boy, but next time a foreign entity interferes it maybe in favor of the opposing side.

Also, did you just start paying attention to politics 3 years ago or something? Ever play Civilization?

This will never stop as long as borders, countries and governments exists, ever. People like you seem to think for some reason this is the first time a foreign entity has ever attempted to interfere in the elections of another country. The USA does it constantly. Obama just did it to Israel in 2015. This is part of foreign espionage, there are movies about it before Trump ever even had an inclination to run for president.

What does all the deflection and Conspiracy BS have to do with my comment?

Let's see if I'm understanding you. Because there has always been foreign interference in other country's elections, we should just view Russia's interference in 2016 as a "oh well, that's how it goes."?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-21 23:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be working for the Democrats with China and Iran.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-21 23:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

getting money from donors outside your region/district that you're campaigning in should be a crime
By volkom 2020-08-22 02:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

innocent liberals being harassed by trump supporters

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-22 21:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump's sister says he has 'no principles', 'you can't trust him' and has been 'lying' throughout his presidency, reveals secret audio recorded by president's niece
Daily Mail

Quote:
Maryanne Trump Barry, 83, slammed the president in secret recordings, obtained by the Washington Post

She made the shocking comments back in 2018 to estranged niece Mary Trump who secretly recorded the conversation with her aunt

Maryanne blasted her brother for his 'phoniness' and called him 'cruel' over his controversial migrant policies

She also dismissed Trump's intelligence saying 'he doesn't read' and said he did 'accomplish [his five bankruptcies] all by his self'

She also doubled down on claims the president paid someone to take his SATs
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-23 02:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump's sister says he has 'no principles', 'you can't trust him' and has been 'lying' throughout his presidency, reveals secret audio recorded by president's niece
Daily Mail

Quote:
Maryanne Trump Barry, 83, slammed the president in secret recordings, obtained by the Washington Post

She made the shocking comments back in 2018 to estranged niece Mary Trump who secretly recorded the conversation with her aunt

Maryanne blasted her brother for his 'phoniness' and called him 'cruel' over his controversial migrant policies

She also dismissed Trump's intelligence saying 'he doesn't read' and said he did 'accomplish [his five bankruptcies] all by his self'

She also doubled down on claims the president paid someone to take his SATs

"Trump isn't a wonderful person all the time." We get it, /yawn. Next.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-23 02:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

to those who have already made up their minds regarding who they're voting for, from those of us who haven't- the words of a senile 83 year old woman being secretly recorded aren't gonna be what swings me one way or the other.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-23 03:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like what she said was some secret.

It's like getting secret audio confirming food has flavor.
By Prong 2020-08-23 03:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"Breaking News! Not everyone will like you!"
By Prong 2020-08-23 03:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

REALLY?

There's NO MONEY in saying something that you may or may not have heard bad about Trump? How many people who've been fired by Trump or who Trump upset have written books the past oh, 2 years?

You have to be kidding. You're smarter than that.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-23 03:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

REALLY?

There's NO MONEY in saying something that you may or may not have heard bad about Trump? How many people who've been fired by Trump or who Trump upset have written books the past oh, 2 years?

There's also the very real possibility that such people pumping out the "tell-alls" just got used to a certain level of fame being close to fame, and when the Trump money dried up after leaving the compound, they sought another way to keep making money and be in the light.

Just commenting on human behavior, not facts of this situation. A lot of times those tell-all stories come from people scorned by those in power when the money DOES dry up. That tell-all is just a way to keep the faucets open.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-23 03:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be more straight forward.

Every single person in his admins sole purpose is make more money. Via any means. Including lowest effort. Getting paid to just look the other way is the best job you can have. Until you don't. Then obviously you go for the next lowest effort money grab, simply talk about what you saw that you were getting paid to ignore.
By Prong 2020-08-23 03:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

REALLY?

There's also the very real possibility that such people pumping out the "tell-alls" just got used to a certain level of fame being close to fame, and when the Trump money dried up after leaving the compound, they sought another way to keep making money and be in the light.

Just commenting on human behavior, not facts of this situation. A lot of times those tell-all stories come from people scorned by those in power when the money DOES dry up. That tell-all is just a way to keep the faucets open.

Exactly, which means, they can't be trusted.

Having "bad info" on Trump these days is a winning lottery ticket. And if you end up maybe being that one person that actually has proof, not just he-said-she-said, the no-named journalist who gets the scoop wins a Pulitzer, so there is a ton funny money circulating out there that would easily persuade someone to over embellish or flat out lie.

In my almost-old lifetime, I've not once ever met a single person who was fired from a job who had a lot of good things to say about their former employer, especially if they directly blame that "boss" for why they lost their job. Nobody ever blames themselves.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-23 04:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Every single person in his admins sole purpose is make more money.

This tells everything we need to know about where your bias comes from. It's as if you are flat out saying, "Anyone who would have joined a Trump administration must be a bad person." As if, every other politician or cabinet member of a Democratic administration was so much better. You guys still don't get it, I guess. If our media had blasted on Obama 24/7 and turned him into a cash cow for the disgruntled ex-employee, you'd have seen the exact same thing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-23 05:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In my almost-old lifetime, I've not once ever met a single person who was fired from a job who had a lot of good things to say about their former employer, especially if they directly blame that "boss" for why they lost their job. Nobody ever blames themselves.

QFT- myself included. And I'd wager most people can look back at their own lives to at least one moment where after getting fired they didn't blame the other party. Or divorced. Or broken-up with. Or anything where a person says "I don't want you any more"- regardless of the reason, it stings, and self-reflection isn't the first thing one does.

Regarding whether current or former members of the administration can be trusted by the populace- it doesn't switch with the gain or loss of a title. It's time we start trying to return to a concept of a person's word is their bond, not what one has to lose by siding one way or another.

By saying they can't be trusted once fired, of course they're gonna be butthurt, to slip a little of our gamerspeak in the discussion. But how and why were they in the administration in the first place? Trump either wanted them, trusted them, or needed them. And likely vice-versa. So the result isn't an administration based around those purely qualified, its also based around a relationship of needs. And if that relationship is more important than the qualifications, they serve at the whim of their appointer- resulting in sporadic loyalty and senseless firings.

The mere fact that this is even up for a discussion about an administration's staff and even Cabinet is cause for concern and worth seeing who truly got their based on talent and ability vs paychecks and favors.

and every single word above, to various levels of severity, can be said about every presidential administration likely since Washington. Power attracts ugly people at times. It's just attracted a lot right now because we have a leader not interested in the country, but himself and his own.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-23 09:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

to those who have already made up their minds regarding who they're voting for, from those of us who haven't- the words of a senile 83 year old woman being secretly recorded aren't gonna be what swings me one way or the other.
That "senile 83 year old woman" was a sitting federal judge at the time.

And only 6 years older than I.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-23 09:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That "senile 83 year old woman" was a sitting federal judge at the time.

And only 6 years older than I.

I'll accept fault with the colorful language on my part- my point being, sworn testimony, presented facts, and true inquiry holds a lot more weight with me than a secret recording- no matter who is being recorded. In particular a disgruntled family member. And- there's plenty of the backed up stuff to go around anyways- stuff like this clouds the issues.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-23 10:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

love how everyone in politics & govt has some hidden recorder to try to get some tiny piece of dirt on someone to use for future leverage
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-23 10:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

By saying they can't be trusted once fired, of course they're gonna be butthurt, to slip a little of our gamerspeak in the discussion. But how and why were they in the administration in the first place? Trump either wanted them, trusted them, or needed them.

Without researching every single person in the Trump administration, this may be true, or, in many cases, they may be previous administration layovers (no idea if this guy was or not). Which I found odd earlier in the year, there was some individual that was a layover from the Obama administration that Trump was replacing (against his will) and this guy rose a big stink over it, I can't recall right now the name or position, I just recall thinking, "Why is the media so upset? I thought every new president got rid of the previous administration's staff and replaced them with their own." I guess not.

Plus, to be fair, people get hired for jobs all the time where it just doesn't work out. Many people (not me, I suck at self-promotion) can make a wonderful resume, speak very eloquently about themselves and their accomplishments in interviews...then just turn out to be duds full of hot air. Honestly, I can't even imagine the President of the United States of America to have the time to review/*** every single person that works under them in Washington, that goes for any president. That's why when Trump would sometimes say things in the press like, "I don't know the guy, never met him.." when someone was let go or made some claim, I 100% believed him, or at least the claim made perfect sense.

The thing with Trump is, he was never a politician. He was a blue-chipper, business man, was his whole life surrounded by "Yes men." When he walked into a board room, papers stopped rustling, people stopped whispering, everyone smiled and laughed at his jokes. That's the world he came from. Then, he entered a world where half the country didn't care about his money, his fame (well, NOW they don't) or his businesses. He didn't sign their paychecks. So I give him a pass sometimes on not being able to wrap his mind around that which leads to some of his social media/interview blunders. He's not 35 years old. People when they get older don't adapt as well to change (no offense Chanti!). Even I'm starting to feel it at 48...can't imagine how I'll handle it if I make it to 72 or w/e he is.

What I care about is the economy, job growth (people having jobs makes their lives easier, which makes everyone happier) and getting out of terrible, long standing trade agreements with foreign entities. He's good on these things IMO. If he says cringy crap, which he does constantly, or offends the easily offended...it's not ideal, but I'll take the good with the bad. Those types showed with GW that the person doesn't matter to them as much as that (R) does. I'd rather have that than a good orator who lies with a smile.

Sorry, that was super long.
By Prong 2020-08-23 10:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
love how everyone in politics & govt has some hidden recorder to try to get some tiny piece of dirt on someone to use for future leverage

Yeah,like Omarosa (which CAN be used as an example of Trump choosing poorly). How is that even legal in the White House?
By Prong 2020-08-23 11:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And- there's plenty of the backed up stuff to go around anyways- stuff like this clouds the issues.

This. I've said this exact thing in numerous FB/forum political discussions.

Nobody has to keep saying, "Trump says some dumb stuff" anymore, he most certainly does at times, needs to get off Twitter, needs to yield to experts in some situations (if for nothing else than to be smart enough to let someone else take the blame from time to time). But, he is who he is...and he serves up plenty for liberals to scream about on a silver platter.

So, when liberals and the media just start twisting what he says or flat out conjuring up 3 year long conspiracies, it's just not needed and it makes them look desperate and nuts at times. They could get more done if they just calmed down and focused on the actual bad, not the fake bad.

As unfortunately deceased, legendary comedian Patrice O'neal said in his stand-up (Elephant in the Room) joke about Obama, "White people....black people...we'd be right there with you if you'd just shut up..." He explains how I feel about Trump in this short clip and how if liberals would just come down and be sane about it, I'd probably be on their side more often than not.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-23 12:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
It is also done as a mater of personal and professional safety. At least for government workers, politicians, and business executives. Mary Trump is in none of these classes.

Yeah,like Omarosa (which CAN be used as an example of Trump choosing poorly). How is that even legal in the White House?
It is legal in most of the white house. Omarosa recorded in the situation room where it decidedly is not legal. What was her punishment, loosing a security clearance or some other slap on the wrist?
By volkom 2020-08-23 12:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: ยป
It is also done as a mater of personal and professional safety. At least for government workers, politicians, and business executives. Mary Trump is in none of these classes.
so being a judge is not a govt job?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-23 15:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yes, being a federal judge IS a federal job.

But the two women involved have similar names so I see how you are confused.

Mary Trump, the niece with the tell all book, secretly recorded her aunt, retired federal Judge Maryanne Trump Barry.

I hope this clarification helps.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-23 16:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll correct myself then

love how everyone in politics & govt or related to ~ has some hidden recorder to try to get some tiny piece of dirt on someone to use for future leverage
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144