Happy Thanksbanning!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Happy Thanksbanning!
Happy Thanksbanning!
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21
By Draylo 2019-12-25 22:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

He has been like that for ages, I remember his posts on BG and he was quite annoying. Seeing him in streams just verifies what my opinion was back then lol.
By kishr 2019-12-25 23:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a off button on your computer. Find it.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-12-26 09:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dakrone said: »
Mattelot said: »
They banned someone for shaming someone with a parser. Deserved.

Banned a streamer. Big deal, they're no more special than anyone else.

I dont advocate for the harassing behavior that happened to said player for incompetence gameplay. But I'm more than shock that anyone is defending someone who knew exactly what he was doing, joining a endgame content, and not even performing to an adequate level for that content. Like why bother at all to join if you know you're not performing at the level required for that raid, basically just wants a free carry.

It's like joining an end game event and basically leeching it and someone calls that person out, Or in a sense, imagine doing dynamis wave 3, and theres a DD whose accuracy is sub 25% and basically whiffing. [ yes I know you can clear w3 with 9x leech now, but in regards to Ultimate Savage in XIV you cant ]

Are you going to just slap the dude on his shoulder and say, "you're doing great keep at it!"

For me personally, it comes to what I do for a living. If someone in your group is not performing to your "personal standards", remove them. Plain and simple. People who feel its necessary to yell at others, call them names, publicly try to shame them, etc are worse than someone trying to leech.

Some people forget, not everyone plays these games all day long. So when someone feels the need to do the aforementioned actions, remember, not everyone is as super awesome as you are.

I agree fully with fillerbunny9. There was a picture of Yoshi flipping off with a frown face after being asked about putting in an in-game parser. Sure, people have parsed for a long time but it's used more often than not, to try shaming others or to brag. If you're using it to improve, you don't need to broadcast scores.

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
like who the *** is trying to kid themselves that ffxiv is above WoW and free from toxic elitism?

I read people trying to say that very thing once in a while. It's people who know better trying to get others going. FFXIV was far worse than FFXI was for elitism. In FFXI's glory days, you had a rude person or idiot once in a while and the occasional person who thought they were God's gift to the game, but FFXIV is infested with them. Join random duties and see people who insist they're carrying everyone else when they're not, threatening people for not playing meta, etc.
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-26 14:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont advocate for the harassing behavior that happened to said player for incompetence gameplay. But I'm more than shock that anyone is defending someone who knew exactly what he was doing, joining a endgame content, and not even performing to an adequate level for that content. Like why bother at all to join if you know you're not performing at the level required for that raid, basically just wants a free carry.

It's like joining an end game event and basically leeching it and someone calls that person out, Or in a sense, imagine doing dynamis wave 3, and theres a DD whose accuracy is sub 25% and basically whiffing. [ yes I know you can clear w3 with 9x leech now, but in regards to Ultimate Savage in XIV you cant ]

Are you going to just slap the dude on his shoulder and say, "you're doing great keep at it!"

For me personally, it comes to what I do for a living. If someone in your group is not performing to your "personal standards", remove them. Plain and simple. People who feel its necessary to yell at others, call them names, publicly try to shame them, etc are worse than someone trying to leech.

Some people forget, not everyone plays these games all day long. So when someone feels the need to do the aforementioned actions, remember, not everyone is as super awesome as you are.

I agree fully with fillerbunny9. There was a picture of Yoshi flipping off with a frown face after being asked about putting in an in-game parser. Sure, people have parsed for a long time but it's used more often than not, to try shaming others or to brag. If you're using it to improve, you don't need to broadcast scores.

like who the *** is trying to kid themselves that ffxiv is above WoW and free from toxic elitism?

I read people trying to say that very thing once in a while. It's people who know better trying to get others going. FFXIV was far worse than FFXI was for elitism. In FFXI's glory days, you had a rude person or idiot once in a while and the occasional person who thought they were God's gift to the game, but FFXIV is infested with them. Join random duties and see people who insist they're carrying everyone else when they're not, threatening people for not playing meta, etc.

the "problem" has to do with the ability to queue everything up and get matched with anyone from your data center. in something like XI, we were/are far more insular. you ONLY played with the people on your server, so it was very easy to weed out those egos due to them gaining a reputation. something even as simple as a name change required a ton of song and dance to accomplish on XI, whereas in XIV it's just you and your credit card to solve the issue.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2019-12-26 14:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Torzak said: »
missdivine said: »
I have lots of Chinese people on discord that sells cp, they all got banned for botting. It has been like that for a while now but this time got quite massive. If you're using speedhack (which is easily bannable and well know) you're an idiot.

server?

I've been on a rampage on the STF reports and I don't really care who hates me for it.

Through the last week I've had people both cheer me on for killing the bots and pissed off at me calling me a sadist and whatever else. At one point, there was literally 5 AFK bot groups dead in Dho Gates last week and a room full of mobs for real players to enjoy.

I was doing shouts in Dho Gates like "Botting is bad for your character's health!" and "If you want to pay for CP, find a real player to pay and stop paying bots and Chinese RMT" and once I had them all dead, "Dho Gates is now a bot free area" to which someone replied in shout "he really did it!" or something like that. At one point I had someone helping me mess with the bots.

I spent several hours last week after getting off work each night messing with bots in Dho Gates and reporting them to STF.

And I've done reporting in the weeks before that, too, but I really went ham last week.

I've got screen shots of one set of the Chinese farmers telling me line after line of chat in /tell in Chinese (English Letters). None of which did I reply. I'm pretty sure he was mad that I got all his bots killed over and over right after he'd set them up. It was hilarious because the bots' actions were so predictable, and once he turned the bots on, there wasn't anything he could do to counter what I was doing to get him killed. I took screen shots of his communications, but haven't run it through my phone's camera/translate app, yet. Might be a fun story in those chats.

And another Chinese farmer, who spoke English well enough, who was running two bot parties simultaneously selling CP, actually brought his PLD (that he claims he never bots on), out to help his two bot parties and trying to prevent them from dying.

I made him hold an Apex Bat on the PLD for what must've been 2hours. He mentioned several times that it must be a waste of time for me and that surely there was something else I could be doing. He also mentioned a few times how come I wasn't messing with the other bots. To which I told him that I had. Anyway, I had claim on the bat, but his bot group had threat on it as well and then the PLD came out and cured his bot party to get on the hate list and then he popped off Sentinel and self cured/phalanx from there. He really wanted to get back to farming Malignance Gears on the character he'd come out on PLD on; he said he was spamming VE on THF. I think he said he was just missing the hat. He made jokes about how the bat was like flies. Wouldn't leave him alone. I learned he was previously an international student and that he does his two parties across two computers. He has an Intel CPU preference. Lots of other stuff. In the end he really wanted me to end this (the bat that I had claim on that his PLD was holding). I told him that he charges people to kill stuff for them, and here you are wanting me to kill something for free for you?

Humorous to me, I've basically got him sending me a Popper (firework) every day to not mess with his bots rofl. Some seriously soft-level extortion going on. The guy is pretty smart, humorous, and probably a great guy to know and play with. He made a comment that I was interesting to talk with, as well.

Bottom line for me, I'm tired of bots. And that's what I tried to convey to him.

I keep an STF report tab open in my browser all the time now.

Personally, I don't a whole lot care if you're using windower for something like gear swap or even automated echo drops. I don't even care if you put a BRD on auto follow and have it doing automated songs. What pisses me off, is full-on automated play. If you're not at the computer, and your characters are doing ***, I'm reporting you.

Dho Gates (asura) I'm claiming as a bot free zone, now. Test me.
lmao good work making sure they can make more gil per leech spot once they're back up and rolling in a week
And then everyone clapped.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Celdwn
Server: Fenrir
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2019-12-26 16:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back 30 day bannees.
Now write "I will not cheat" 50 times on this forum, but please, no cut and paste.
By Mattelot 2019-12-26 18:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

the "problem" has to do with the ability to queue everything up and get matched with anyone from your data center. in something like XI, we were/are far more insular. you ONLY played with the people on your server, so it was very easy to weed out those egos due to them gaining a reputation. something even as simple as a name change required a ton of song and dance to accomplish on XI, whereas in XIV it's just you and your credit card to solve the issue.

People can still choose to only do content with their FC if randoms are such a pet peeve. But to parse against some random guy and shame him? That takes a whole new level of doofus.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-26 18:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you can't pull your weight you should be ashamed. So shaming someone who can't is perfectly acceptable. Within reason.

Dude probably went passed the line. Jumped on it. Then kept going.

XIV actually has a manners policy. They can ban you for being an ***. (they can ban you for anything, but they explicitly added a don't be a *** policy)
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-26 19:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

People can still choose to only do content with their FC if randoms are such a pet peeve. But to parse against some random guy and shame him? That takes a whole new level of doofus.
oh I most certainly am in agreement. it's obvious from his utter indignance in the video linked that he was a massive *** waffle to the BLM in question and has not learned a lesson from this either. I hope he repeats this in a week and gets perma-banned.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-12-27 10:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
they explicitly added a don't be a *** policy
This forum needs this.
it already has a "Don't be a jerk." rule. down side is it only gets enforced arbitrarily.
By Mattelot 2019-12-27 11:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
This forum needs this.
it already has a "Don't be a jerk." rule. down side is it only gets enforced arbitrarily.

Not saying I've seen this on this forum but that's one thing I hate about some forums. How some moderators cherry pick violations. Some would retort that the "other guy" may see it as a violation while the moderator objectively does not however, when big name forums have "licensed trolls" who freely insult others and never get infracted... yeah.
By fonewear 2019-12-27 11:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This forum needs this.

If they enforced that rule no one would be able to post.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-12-27 16:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
they enforce all of them but very inconsistently, that rule in particular is probably intentionally vague so they can cherry pick on which rule to enforce on who without the need of a justification.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-27 16:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, obviously lol
By Mattelot 2019-12-27 18:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

they enforce all of them but very inconsistently, that rule in particular is probably intentionally vague so they can cherry pick on which rule to enforce on who without the need of a justification.

A lot of forums do this and then make the rule of "you can't talk about moderation" as a convenient way to sweep it under the rug so that those who read and understand the rules can't be right, even if they are.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-12-28 03:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is Maury missing ffxiapp XD
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-12-28 07:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »

I thought you were quitting cause WOTG is too hard...
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-28 09:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said: »
Have a little holiday cheer for the WORKIN MAN on ffxi.

RMT/bots/multi boxers/clone troopers make me feel real nostalgic. I don't know you, I probably don't want to but you exist in this world and that's OK.

I am blessedly transported back to 2006 every time you'e around. It's like a cool breeze of memories that gently wafts upon my hardened, callous time-worn Vogon-like body. That you're out there, ready to ignore every tell soothes me. You claim every enemy so we don't have to. Buying all the useless old items on the Auction house for 900 million gil to remind us of our past and what we have lost. Heroes don't wear capes they auto-follow.

Pantafernando said: »
It should be clear by now, but you can never kill a bot/RMT because they are immortals.

Vanillas come and go.

Bots and RMT run an infinite loop.

what is dead may never die

They are reproducing !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-28 09:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I found more bots all wearing the same ugly brown armor !

I reported them to the FBI expect them to be banned in about 20 seconds !

[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-28 09:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I found more bots all wearing the same ugly brown armor !

I reported them to the FBI expect them to be banned in about 20 seconds !

Actually youre just drunk
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-28 09:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »

Use a shirt...
[+]
By huttburt<3 2019-12-28 10:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Okhryeny said: »
And this guy will get banned for mpking them

How do you mpk them? asking for a friend.
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-28 11:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

dunno why you're quoting me, but I assume provoke one of the mobs they're targeting, CFH it, and once the bot starts chasing that mob, leading them into a pack of aggro.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-28 19:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

dunno why you're quoting me, but I assume provoke one of the mobs they're targeting, CFH it, and once the bot starts chasing that mob, leading them into a pack of aggro.

Maybe on an amateur botter - Most have configurations that would keep them safe from this type of griefing - Know your enemies

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-12-29 00:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

huttburt<3 said: »
How do you mpk them? asking for a friend.
i suppose you claim a bunch of mobs and hold them by tanking or sleeping, wait till they turn unclaimed and one of the bots pulls one then regain hate since you are on the mobs hate list.
then you either kite the mob away in hopes the bot follows and you lure it into more mobs or the bot doesn't follow and eventually pulls a different mob at which point he'd be at least on 2 mobs hate list so you warp out and repeat in case they can hold 2 at the same time?

i guess if you do the pulls from the specific group of mobs the bots CP at, don't deal damage to them and they don't have any debuffs on them there is not much left for a but to avoid the trap.
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2019-12-29 02:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you guys dont know how to mpk right you only need 1 mob and no need to cfh
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21