Happy Thanksbanning!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Happy Thanksbanning!
Happy Thanksbanning!
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2019-12-23 15:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rip to all the banned homies.
This bowls for you.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-23 15:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be clear by now, but you can never kill a bot/RMT because they are immortals.

Vanillas come and go.

Bots and RMT run an infinite loop.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-12-23 17:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i like how someone doing gods work gets labeled a child murderer in just 1-2 pages, a classic FFXIAH.

of course lets not murder children, at some point however you have to wonder:

i guess one man's meat is another man's poison.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-23 17:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn rmt trying to feed their family on a nearly 20yo game...
By Shichishito 2019-12-23 17:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

what if SE shuts down the servers? would that make them children mass murderers? lets keep some sense of proportion.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-23 18:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

jesus christ, how is this thread still going? I get that some people are really self righteous about anything 3rd party in this game, but damn.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-12-23 19:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
missdivine said: »
I have lots of Chinese people on discord that sells cp, they all got banned for botting. It has been like that for a while now but this time got quite massive. If you're using speedhack (which is easily bannable and well know) you're an idiot.

server?

I've been on a rampage on the STF reports and I don't really care who hates me for it.

Through the last week I've had people both cheer me on for killing the bots and pissed off at me calling me a sadist and whatever else. At one point, there was literally 5 AFK bot groups dead in Dho Gates last week and a room full of mobs for real players to enjoy.

I was doing shouts in Dho Gates like "Botting is bad for your character's health!" and "If you want to pay for CP, find a real player to pay and stop paying bots and Chinese RMT" and once I had them all dead, "Dho Gates is now a bot free area" to which someone replied in shout "he really did it!" or something like that. At one point I had someone helping me mess with the bots.

I spent several hours last week after getting off work each night messing with bots in Dho Gates and reporting them to STF.

And I've done reporting in the weeks before that, too, but I really went ham last week.

I've got screen shots of one set of the Chinese farmers telling me line after line of chat in /tell in Chinese (English Letters). None of which did I reply. I'm pretty sure he was mad that I got all his bots killed over and over right after he'd set them up. It was hilarious because the bots' actions were so predictable, and once he turned the bots on, there wasn't anything he could do to counter what I was doing to get him killed. I took screen shots of his communications, but haven't run it through my phone's camera/translate app, yet. Might be a fun story in those chats.

And another Chinese farmer, who spoke English well enough, who was running two bot parties simultaneously selling CP, actually brought his PLD (that he claims he never bots on), out to help his two bot parties and trying to prevent them from dying.

I made him hold an Apex Bat on the PLD for what must've been 2hours. He mentioned several times that it must be a waste of time for me and that surely there was something else I could be doing. He also mentioned a few times how come I wasn't messing with the other bots. To which I told him that I had. Anyway, I had claim on the bat, but his bot group had threat on it as well and then the PLD came out and cured his bot party to get on the hate list and then he popped off Sentinel and self cured/phalanx from there. He really wanted to get back to farming Malignance Gears on the character he'd come out on PLD on; he said he was spamming VE on THF. I think he said he was just missing the hat. He made jokes about how the bat was like flies. Wouldn't leave him alone. I learned he was previously an international student and that he does his two parties across two computers. He has an Intel CPU preference. Lots of other stuff. In the end he really wanted me to end this (the bat that I had claim on that his PLD was holding). I told him that he charges people to kill stuff for them, and here you are wanting me to kill something for free for you?

Humorous to me, I've basically got him sending me a Popper (firework) every day to not mess with his bots rofl. Some seriously soft-level extortion going on. The guy is pretty smart, humorous, and probably a great guy to know and play with. He made a comment that I was interesting to talk with, as well.

Bottom line for me, I'm tired of bots. And that's what I tried to convey to him.

I keep an STF report tab open in my browser all the time now.

Personally, I don't a whole lot care if you're using windower for something like gear swap or even automated echo drops. I don't even care if you put a BRD on auto follow and have it doing automated songs. What pisses me off, is full-on automated play. If you're not at the computer, and your characters are doing ***, I'm reporting you.

Dho Gates (asura) I'm claiming as a bot free zone, now. Test me.
lmao good work making sure they can make more gil per leech spot once they're back up and rolling in a week
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-23 20:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have lots of Chinese people on discord that sells cp, they all got banned for botting. It has been like that for a while now but this time got quite massive. If you're using speedhack (which is easily bannable and well know) you're an idiot.

server?

I've been on a rampage on the STF reports and I don't really care who hates me for it.

Through the last week I've had people both cheer me on for killing the bots and pissed off at me calling me a sadist and whatever else. At one point, there was literally 5 AFK bot groups dead in Dho Gates last week and a room full of mobs for real players to enjoy.

I was doing shouts in Dho Gates like "Botting is bad for your character's health!" and "If you want to pay for CP, find a real player to pay and stop paying bots and Chinese RMT" and once I had them all dead, "Dho Gates is now a bot free area" to which someone replied in shout "he really did it!" or something like that. At one point I had someone helping me mess with the bots.

I spent several hours last week after getting off work each night messing with bots in Dho Gates and reporting them to STF.

And I've done reporting in the weeks before that, too, but I really went ham last week.

I've got screen shots of one set of the Chinese farmers telling me line after line of chat in /tell in Chinese (English Letters). None of which did I reply. I'm pretty sure he was mad that I got all his bots killed over and over right after he'd set them up. It was hilarious because the bots' actions were so predictable, and once he turned the bots on, there wasn't anything he could do to counter what I was doing to get him killed. I took screen shots of his communications, but haven't run it through my phone's camera/translate app, yet. Might be a fun story in those chats.

And another Chinese farmer, who spoke English well enough, who was running two bot parties simultaneously selling CP, actually brought his PLD (that he claims he never bots on), out to help his two bot parties and trying to prevent them from dying.

I made him hold an Apex Bat on the PLD for what must've been 2hours. He mentioned several times that it must be a waste of time for me and that surely there was something else I could be doing. He also mentioned a few times how come I wasn't messing with the other bots. To which I told him that I had. Anyway, I had claim on the bat, but his bot group had threat on it as well and then the PLD came out and cured his bot party to get on the hate list and then he popped off Sentinel and self cured/phalanx from there. He really wanted to get back to farming Malignance Gears on the character he'd come out on PLD on; he said he was spamming VE on THF. I think he said he was just missing the hat. He made jokes about how the bat was like flies. Wouldn't leave him alone. I learned he was previously an international student and that he does his two parties across two computers. He has an Intel CPU preference. Lots of other stuff. In the end he really wanted me to end this (the bat that I had claim on that his PLD was holding). I told him that he charges people to kill stuff for them, and here you are wanting me to kill something for free for you?

Humorous to me, I've basically got him sending me a Popper (firework) every day to not mess with his bots rofl. Some seriously soft-level extortion going on. The guy is pretty smart, humorous, and probably a great guy to know and play with. He made a comment that I was interesting to talk with, as well.

Bottom line for me, I'm tired of bots. And that's what I tried to convey to him.

Personally, I don't a whole lot care if you're using windower for something like gear swap or even automated echo drops. I don't even care if you put a BRD on auto follow and have it doing automated songs. What pisses me off, is full-on automated play. If you're not at the computer, and your characters are doing ***, I'm reporting you.

and here I thought just normally playing the game was wasting time, but you're taking it to an entirely new level.
[+]
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2019-12-23 20:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

server?

and here I thought just normally playing the game was wasting time, but you're taking it to an entirely new level.

And this guy will get banned for mpking them
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-23 21:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Okhryeny said: »

By Shichishito 2019-12-23 22:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Asura.Okhryeny said: »

shouldn't the bots just get double banned, once for botting and twice the second time for stealing the RDMs claimed mobs?

[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-23 22:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
shouldn't the bots just get double banned, once for botting and twice for stealing the RDMs claimed mobs?

that'd be triple banned.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-12-23 22:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gonna make a bot that reports bots not begging people to report people in shout.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-12-23 23:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Just gonna make a bot that reports bots not begging people to report people in shout.
honestly i've been wondering for a while where why there is no addon to send a report from inside the game.
By Draylo 2019-12-24 03:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Banning in XIV for something outside of the game, how can SE even do that lol. Imagine if they did that for XI.

I remember that guy too, he used to like 4 box or whatever before it became popular and he was annoying as hell on forums.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-12-24 04:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
But you're against addons??
i'm not against addons in general, its been a while since i last looked over the list but from the top of my head i'm only against stuff like anchor and ja0wait.
most of the addons are imho fine if you don't customize them to the point they become a bot or exploit.

Post deleted by User.
By Torzak 2019-12-24 09:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

Who's begging anyone to report anyone? I'm sure as hell not.
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-24 14:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Banning in XIV for something outside of the game, how can SE even do that lol. Imagine if they did that for XI.

I remember that guy too, he used to like 4 box or whatever before it became popular and he was annoying as hell on forums.

people parse in XIV all the *** time, same with Cactbot to tell them how to do mechanics of a fight, and you will see it in streams. SE hasn't gone after all those other people, so I HIGHLY doubt third party tools are the cause. really not going to suffer a 13 minute video that is sure to gunk up my youtube recommendations, but as I recall, it wasn't JUST that they were parsing, but instead being a *** to the person who wasn't parsing well enough. using a third party tool to mock and make another player infamous on a stream is a *** move, and I personally don't care if they can ever play the game again or not. if the lesson is to not be a raging *** waffle, then maybe that lesson should actually be learned.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-24 15:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I remember a time were we made fun of people who sucked without having to worry about getting banned...
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-24 16:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't trigger people these days, they need their safe spaces
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-24 18:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

people cannot be raging prolapsed *** online as easily anymore. ...oh no?
By Mattelot 2019-12-25 19:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They banned someone for shaming someone with a parser. Deserved.

Banned a streamer. Big deal, they're no more special than anyone else.
 Asura.Dakrone
By Asura.Dakrone 2019-12-25 20:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
They banned someone for shaming someone with a parser. Deserved.

Banned a streamer. Big deal, they're no more special than anyone else.

I dont advocate for the harassing behavior that happened to said player for incompetence gameplay. But I'm more than shock that anyone is defending someone who knew exactly what he was doing, joining a endgame content, and not even performing to an adequate level for that content. Like why bother at all to join if you know you're not performing at the level required for that raid, basically just wants a free carry.

It's like joining an end game event and basically leeching it and someone calls that person out, Or in a sense, imagine doing dynamis wave 3, and theres a DD whose accuracy is sub 25% and basically whiffing. [ yes I know you can clear w3 with 9x leech now, but in regards to Ultimate Savage in XIV you cant ]

Are you going to just slap the dude on his shoulder and say, "you're doing great keep at it!"
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-12-25 21:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

All this controversy over what equates to literally every pug in WoW, like who the *** is trying to kid themselves that ffxiv is above WoW and free from toxic elitism? If anyone thought that parsing being "illegal" was contributing to the integrity of the game I have some lakefront property to sell you. Normal easy-going people don't just suddenly turn into *** because they have a tool to expose weaker players, it's a type, it's always there underneath the everyday good behavior, and it always comes out regardless of the tools at their disposal.
By fillerbunny9 2019-12-25 22:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.... I suffered about as much of this as I could tolerate on my phone before my eyes rolled so hard as to fall from my head since he thinks his stream is so world changingly important. So let’s lay out some context here for the folks that don’t play XIV.

He was doing endgame content, which, if you’ve got even half a brain, you will hit a toggle for requiring the other players having completed the fight before if you yourself have cleared it and are just farming for drops. This was not someone “looking for a carry”, unless this guy is certifiably brain dead and did not force the Duty Complete tag. Maybe they were trying it on a different job than they cleared on, maybe they’re having a bad day, whatever. They already have done the fight, in theory.

Parsing has always been frowned upon for this very scenario by the dev team. FFXIV is a theme park MMORPG. What this jackass has done is basically shown SE “see, you were right to block this,” after doing what they explicitly said not to.

Instead of doing what everyone else does, which is disband, blacklist, reform, he decided to be a raging *** chode. There are all sorts of tactful ways of saying “hey, you seem to be having trouble, are you using food/potions/unfamiliar with a specific mechanic” and instead put the player on blast for only doing 6k DPS.

This video ignores that there are specialized striking dummies for Savage tier content that have a timer with them. This allows you to gauge in game whether your DPS is enough; if you didn’t deplete the HP, you’re not there yet.

tldr: dude got less than he deserved for acting like a shitheel.

Quite frankly, if this is how he acts in other online games, I hope he flaunts the rules some more and gets banned there as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21