Happy Thanksbanning!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Happy Thanksbanning!
Happy Thanksbanning!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21
By Josiahafk 2019-12-20 16:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I wonder if this post will make page 14
[+]
 Leviathan.Frotaut
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2019-12-21 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

all my guys got hit with the lm-31 this week, all but the one i actually bot on which is weird. my mains are perma the only thing i can think was an extended period of cp farming over the weekend previous. only dif addons i used between my overnight cp session i've never used before was hpwarp and i only used to areas i have access to. i've cp'd for weeks at a clip in the same area since jp was a thing. so either it was the extended farming or hp lua that got me. only wierd thing to me is the guy i actually did the botting on is fine. all my guys are paid with a dif cc for each account but sadly fro/stup were a linked account. no accounts had previous violations either. Im not exactly upset per se, as i knew what i was doing against tos. There is def something that has changed as far as how they are dealing with at least the cp botting.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2019-12-21 11:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

it actually kinda is lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-21 12:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe there is some check on how much cp you can earn per day?

Or maybe there are more GMs wandering the game now?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-21 12:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still just pretty reasonably sure they're (just/actually) looking at reports.

Probably not all the reports... it's hit or miss. I see a 'lot' of the names of known bots disappearing. May as well use it while you can, because when they stop caring this time, it's a wrap. 5 years of no *** given.

There's still some super obvious ones alive and kicking. Hit em with a report, you might be surprised with actual action.
Quote:
Salalaruru
Community Rep

STF reporting thread on fraudulent activity
Fujito: The STF has released a report on the latest misconduct and a review of 2019.
The response speed has improved compared to last year, and the number of cases has also increased. Thank you to everyone who reported!
By huttburt<3 2019-12-21 15:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I'm pretty sure I spitefucked at least a dozen people. Try to take my spot while I was gone? haha no.

Are you really that much of a douche?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-21 15:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

huttburt<3 said: »

I'm pretty sure I spitefucked at least a dozen people. Try to take my spot while I was gone? haha no.

Abso-***-lutely.

I couldn't be there to mpk them, so next best thing
[+]
By huttburt<3 2019-12-21 15:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

huttburt<3 said: »

Abso-***-lutely

I couldn't be there to mpk them, so next best thing
I'm not saying I do not like your style.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-21 16:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Frotaut said: »
all my guys got hit with the lm-31 this week, all but the one i actually bot on which is weird. my mains are perma the only thing i can think was an extended period of cp farming over the weekend previous. only dif addons i used between my overnight cp session i've never used before was hpwarp and i only used to areas i have access to. i've cp'd for weeks at a clip in the same area since jp was a thing. so either it was the extended farming or hp lua that got me. only wierd thing to me is the guy i actually did the botting on is fine. all my guys are paid with a dif cc for each account but sadly fro/stup were a linked account. no accounts had previous violations either. Im not exactly upset per se, as i knew what i was doing against tos. There is def something that has changed as far as how they are dealing with at least the cp botting.

RIP ;/.

It seems they either are checking reports for bots or they are set up with an auto ban. It isn't safe atm for that kind of thing you can blame all the exploiters recently.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-21 18:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
you can blame all the exploiters recently.

pretty sure if you get banned for cheating, the only person to blame is yourself

and i wouldn't put too much stock in frotaut downplaying his behavior, definitely seen him botting spheres for what seemed like days
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-21 18:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why people keep saying that. Obviously they did absolutely nothing for over two years. The reason they decided to do something now is for retaliation from all the exploits recently, I thought that was obvious. They'll continue until they decide to turn it off another three years. So while we can blame people for being dirty cheaters, there are methods to their madness.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-21 19:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you break a rule and get punished for breaking the rule, you aren't the victim. Inconsistant enforcement doesn't change that, and this is the exact same attitude people had when rhapsody launched and a ton of you got hit. If you act like it's acceptable to bot all you want, they are eventually forced to do something about it, exploits or not.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-21 19:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone is saying that they are innocent, but if the general public can find out testimonials from people, it might save their accounts? So while people are having a discussion and every response per page is "dirty cheaters deserve it!" It just doesn't help at all imo. Almost 90%+ of players cheat these days with just windower, so that whole "dirty cheater" thing is kinda silly.

Literally every page is someone saying "WOW IMAGINE CHEATING GETS U BANNED" when there has been ZERO consequences for two years.. lol. Just let people post what happened so maybe others can avoid the hammer before this dies down and they stop caring for another three years. If they decided to keep policing then maybe it would be fair in my opinion.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-21 19:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

if the general public can find out testimonials from people, it might save their accounts

Figure out how to game the system, bot every bit as much as you can, and then SE changes the rules a little bit and you get nuked anyway. Sounds like a plan.

...really, there's a point where your existing ingame accomplishments outweigh your remaining ones by so much that it's just stupid to keep risking the account. But, everybody always wants one more hit.
[+]
 Leviathan.Frotaut
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2019-12-21 19:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly nothing cool all i did was cp overnight, i'm not downplaying anything to be honest. i farmbotted but just cp. trying for those all stars lol. never messed with spheres i just killed spiders and frogs for hours at end where i thought it was a private spot. sucks but i've been botting for over ten years and they finally got me. was time to retire and enjoy the real life i'm finally gone for good.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-12-21 19:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There is cheating and then there is cheating. I don't think we should have to explain this, it's really simple stuff.

The only people playing the dumbfuck card that is "duh if you use Windower you are cheating anyway, may as well go big and dupe/afk farm everything possible" are people who are trying to find an excuse for being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Just accept that you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, it's fine.

This does not include people who willingly cheat/RMT, these people know what they're doing and will never complain or hide behind some really stupid/questionable excuses when they get hammered. They'll just go buy new accounts, like any normal person should do.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-21 19:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

*roll eyes*
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-12-21 19:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad you got the message, for once.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-21 19:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

*Eye roll intensifies*

Go away and stop trying to attack me, people are coming here for information not your grudges.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-12-21 19:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

*Eye roll intensifies*

Go away and stop trying to attack me, people are coming here for information not your grudges.
It's not about grudge, it's about your habit of always posting pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE stuff and/or trying to excuse people who have *** up.

SE could spend 25,000 years not punishing anyone, doesn't mean the ToS suddenly disappears.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-21 20:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay and who said anything about it disappearing? Notice how I can respond to you in a civil manner without personal attacks and calling names? Why is that so hard for you I wonder. People came in with a testimonial about being suspended or banned and like the last 10 pages, you get these people that come in and say "JEPPERS, imagine cheating and then getting banned"

Its a response to that guy who said
"I am just shocked there has been a ban / suspension wave almost weekly and has gotten no mention here. I suspect, the majority are atuo-bans, or rather auto-suspensions. Most hit have no idea what they were hit for, just randomly slapped with 72 hours. Assumptions being superwarp, tako, or possibly other addons. Obviously we all know many of these things are not safe to use, but some are claiming to not have used anything outside the normal windower addon's. If this is the case, does anyone have any insight into what may be causing?"

There has been no discussion because every time it starts up, you get idiots that come in and say things like this to deter discussion. Most likely case is the overnight botting, but there is always the possibility of an add-on doing it as well. The reason for these suspensions is due to the exploits and its a retaliation.

I don't see anyone anywhere saying how dare SE, this isn't allowed!
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-21 20:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, you're crying because you can't get a handle on which cheats are getting people banned and you wouldn't want to accidentally give up a cheat that isn't causing bans yet?
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-21 20:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly am I crying? This has 0 impact on me. Everyone on this forum cheats, even by using this site. You're being incredibly odd right now, but my post was in response to someone on the previous page who asked why nobody was discussing it. Nobody is discussing it because you have idiots coming in and pretending to be high and mighty while they use a site like this and other add-ons.
[+]
By L0ki79 2019-12-21 20:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
So basically, you're crying because you can't get a handle on which cheats are getting people banned and you wouldn't want to accidentally give up a cheat that isn't causing bans yet?

My original post was just asking if anyone heard of anything once considered safe, to now be unsafe. I personally haven't had an issue (lately), but have heard of many others who have. Some that are stating they are only using windower supported tools. I stated plainly that obviously all of them, including windower are against ToS. Rather than spark a reasonable discussion it continued into this mess.

After losing a char myself, I am trying to play very carefully. That said there is a point where if you have to play 100% vanilla the game is not enjoyable. For years they have really left windower and windower supported things alone. If that has changed it would be nice to know.
By Shichishito 2019-12-21 20:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about grudge, it's about your habit of always posting pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE stuff and/or trying to excuse people who have *** up.
a while ago i remember you makeing excuses for this guy

a general problem of this community is people are cool with pointing fingers but as soon as their BFFs get addressed they want double standards.
but yes, draylos "windower argument" has been made countless times by cheaters and it never was more than a straw man.

SE could spend 25,000 years not punishing anyone, doesn't mean the ToS suddenly disappears.
rules become useless if you don't enforce them and SE did a extraordinarily bad job enforcing them.

if you have a automated ban system there is no good reason to ever turn it off.
even if you really need the extra sub fees from bot accounts you don't. find a a sweet spot of time passed befor you hand the bans so bots have a incentive to make new accounts once banned and regular players don't feel punked cause SE doesn't do their job. spoiler alert, the sweet spot comes way befor the 2-3 year mark.

regarding folks claiming they got banned for just windower they are probably:
1. lying
2. forgot that they do or used to have some sketchy addon like anker or ja0wait and the likes running
3. wrote some spellcast rules that result in some form of automation/bot
4. share their account information with someone who does some of the above
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-21 20:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

L0ki79 said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »

My original post was just asking if anyone heard of anything once considered safe, to now be unsafe. I personally haven't had an issue (lately), but have heard of many others who have. Some that are stating they are only using windower supported tools. I stated plainly that obviously all of them, including windower are against ToS. Rather than spark a reasonable discussion it continued into this mess.

After losing a char myself, I am trying to play very carefully. That said there is a point where if you have to play 100% vanilla the game is not enjoyable. For years they have really left windower and windower supported things alone. If that has changed it would be nice to know.

According to this really odd point they want to die on, it doesn't matter if SE allowed windower for 15 years. They can enforce it and ban people. No discussions allowed!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-21 21:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this really odd point they want to die on, it doesn't matter if SE allowed windower for 15 years. They can enforce it and ban people. No discussions allowed!

Everyone on this forum cheats, even by using this site.

while they use a site like this and other add-ons.

quoting for posterity
By missdivine 2019-12-22 00:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have lots of Chinese people on discord that sells cp, they all got banned for botting. It has been like that for a while now but this time got quite massive. If you're using speedhack (which is easily bannable and well know) you're an idiot.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-12-22 00:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone on this forum cheats, even by using this site.

...while they use a site like this...

I know I'm going to regret poking my head into this rabbit hole, but...

How is using this site cheating?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21