Happy Thanksbanning!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Happy Thanksbanning!
Happy Thanksbanning!
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-28 05:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For what it's worth whether you believe it or not i wish they were perma too. I *** hate logging in and pretending to play this. But I do like money. Easy money.

First time I've turned my pcs off for more than an hour in 3 years. First time I can sleep without a nagging fear of maybe I'll get banned tonight. I don't have to worry about someone messaging me to buy at 3 am.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend without the stress of RMT'ing FFXI.
Good luck with getting your next batch of accounts prepped to do the exact same thing a few months from now when the heat's turned down a bit.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-28 06:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Asura.Cloudblade said: »
Yes, sadly you won't be perma-banned like you deserve, but I can rest happy for a few days, at least, knowing there was a temp ban. Hey, actually you might have a defense against the ban. You could say you don't actually play the game since you let scripts and cheats play the game for you.

Seriously, though. I do wish all of your accounts got perma-banned, but fate is a cruel mistress for justice.

good god you are *** clinical get some help
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-28 06:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
For what it's worth whether you believe it or not i wish they were perma too. I *** hate logging in and pretending to play this. But I do like money. Easy money.

First time I've turned my pcs off for more than an hour in 3 years. First time I can sleep without a nagging fear of maybe I'll get banned tonight. I don't have to worry about someone messaging me to buy at 3 am.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend without the stress of RMT'ing FFXI.
Good luck with getting your next batch of accounts prepped to do the exact same thing a few months from now when the heat's turned down a bit.
Those candles tho.
;0

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By ashcrow 2019-11-28 06:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***boys, I *** you not, my whole crew just went down

Did you get got too?
Keep it civilized. Don't get my *** thread locked. I love you too~

its ok i always hated you.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-28 06:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
The ban statement is the first action, you'll get emails soon. Those look like temp bans but temp can often turn into perma.
Facts. I got banned for at first three days but then I pist off the GM so extended to 7 days and possible perma like 6 or 7 years for being naughty. Then played WoW for a week didn’t like the controls and the obvious immaturity from the community so went back to see if I was ok on 11. Been good ever sense.
:0 eiryl if perma better still be on forums :p!
In before possible perma!
[+]
By ashcrow 2019-11-28 06:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Something they haven't enforced for over 2 years.. why wouldn't people join them if there is 0 repercussions.
thats what they always do when they are about to drop a big dump of content or expansion. Remamber Neo salvage before SOA? it was the same
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-28 06:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
Something they haven't enforced for over 2 years.. why wouldn't people join them if there is 0 repercussions.
thats what they always do when they are about to drop a big dump of content or expansion. Remamber Neo salvage before SOA? it was the same
Whenever I see people say they are releasing huge content in 2020 or “soon” I remember this article based on ffxi digest.
https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xi-ffxi-update-20th/

Two more years it seems

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-28 06:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Interesting that they bother to give a specific reason, e.g. "For movement speed and popping nms"

That isn't normal and I almost feel like they editted it in for their own reasons. Gotten dozens of those emails over the years and never got a reason.

Kireek's LM codes are mostly correct, but they also use 31 for both temp and perma at times(maybe staff initiated vs autobanner, idk).

Giving notice of autobanner defeats the purpose. The idea is to show people that if you value your account, certain things are never safe. Enforcing constantly costs too many accounts, doing this every so often should give people enough reason not to do ***.

I've been saying since 2015 that it could come back on anytime.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-11-28 07:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Was the auto banner mainly for cupper?
Playing xi without warping and sanic speed could never be me
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-28 07:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Speed and extended playtime or farming are the most well cited issues from last time autobanner was used.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-28 08:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Still seeing plenty of CP shouts on Asura this morning

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-28 09:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I still wonder how these Chinese RMT got Dojis. Guess they buy the SAM accounts.

It's really not that complicated. It's only $30 to have someone merc doji. All the bots pay for aeonic clears and/or ambuscade clears. Why do you think the price never goes down like it should. Bots will make the money back botting and don't care about the investment.
[+]
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2019-11-28 09:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
extended playtime

I never log out.. You mean like your character actually being active right?
By spengler 2019-11-28 09:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chevalios said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
extended playtime

I never log out.. You mean like your character actually being active right?
He means actively botting. Last time there were people banned who would only bot for 4 hours consecutively. In reality it's extremely unlikely to have 100% uptime of activity over a 4 hour stretch and would be insanely easy to detect.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-28 09:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Urat or whatever said he got banned grinding ebisu+1 quest so prob various kinds of activity. Not idle.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-28 09:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And get it recalled... nope lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-28 09:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean they could still pull it off with a shitty gk too but they're already horribly inefficient so they gotta put in a minimum
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-28 10:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
I find it a little crappy if they went about it like this. They should have announced something to give warning, after almost 2 years from the last time they turned their auto-bans on, its a bit of a surprise. A lot of people will be blown up if so.

The way it tends to work is the people who track this stuff tend to let things slide, then when something big happens the producer steps in and looks into it and they get told to stop letting things slide.

This is kind of why the community that uses certain things should self police, cause they will crack down on a lot of other things in the aftermath.

Also worth pointing out that the STF are not a FFXI paid team, they work for the entire online division. So in theory they can take action on xiv accounts too, or at least check those after a ffxi banning to see if anything underhanded is being done there too.

They aren't letting it slide, there just isn't enough spare manpower to dig through billions of log entries to sort out who's doing what. If the auto-banner doesn't catch something then it won't be caught until enough STFU reports go through to catch the attention of those guys, who then spend the manpower to validate if it's indeed a problem. They likely discovered the size and scope of the issue and escalated it up to senior management. They likely then spent even more manpower to write algorithms to search through their bazillion log entries for specific patterns and start flagging accounts for human inspection.

Manpower = time = money, so it's really about budget management. FFXI is an older game and the STFU budget for it is small compared to the other SE properties they work on.
By fonewear 2019-11-28 10:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get got too?

If they could only ban pointless threads like this....
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-28 10:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Did you get got too?

If they could only ban pointless threads like this....
Hey all thread lives matter!
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-28 10:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You should create a thread letting us know when you are back up and botting. Curious minds want to know !
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-28 10:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You should create a thread letting us know when you are back up and botting. Curious minds want to know !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21