Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-09-16 11:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
How do you handle spikes dmg? Are you using any trusts?

I use blu/thf and set geist wall, but I also use koru, qultada, and ajido. All 3 of them are pretty decent at dispel

Are you using a tank? I found on VE/E I end up pulling hate and tanking anyways.
By Meeble 2019-09-16 11:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I'd assume it would be easy to tier the rewards, where say using Lilith as an example, Earring is available VE-VD, feet E-VD, weapons N-VD, hands/legs D-VD, head-body VD only. Or using Odin, something like Rings VE-up, weapons N-up, armor D-VD. The choices don't matter, the concept of tiering the rewards behind higher difficulties does. I just feel it shouldn't be possible to just spam E and get everything from a battlefield because it does encourage soloing and congestion.

This isn't a bad idea, but I'd change it even further. Sinister reign style augments, where the base piece has the bulk of it's stats and will have some use. VE gets no augment, E gets 1/4 of augment, N gets 1/2, D gets 3/4, VD gets full augment.

Casuals who like collecting can still get their full set and feel accomplished, but anyone who wants to stay cutting edge has no option besides grouping and doing VD.

Locking the best gear behind VD isn't going to alleviate the queues. It'll just encourage merc.

IF SE cared about roadblocking solo play they could have given the fight a 10 min timer as a DPS check, or made it cost more merits to slow down the frequency at which solo players can queue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-09-16 11:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people asking about dread spikes have not looked at the pup setup or forgot that it is an Automaton... or really should try to understand your job better.

It has Mana jammer IV and Steam Jacket on. Dread Spikes is not an issue at all.

No way you are swapping an Overdrive Automaton to fetters for TP. The weaponskills happen way too fast for that.

Mana Jammer 4 has an estimated +50 MDB with 1 Water Maneuver. Considering both Optic Fibers with a light maneuver, that increases this by 50%. So Estimated +75 MDB

... oh wait, that does not consider Overdrive at all...

So overdrive means it will be 3 Water Maneuvers and 3 Light Maneuvers.
This means +122 MDB

(IIRC primal brew has MDB capping at 999.)

Steam jacket Means repeated magic damage of repeated elemental is reduced by 80%. Optic Fibers might increase that more. but Its a safe bet that Dark Magical Damage reduction is completely capped.
Although this only lasts for so many hits, then it resets. so IIRC, you only take full damage 1/6 hits.

Oh yeah, almost all of phase 1 Lilith's attacks are Dark Elemental on phase 1 and light elemental on phase 2. Dread Spikes is, of course Dark Elemental also.

(though these solo's are typically only phase 1 (Easy), It should work on phase 2 if you kill fast enough).

the Auto Repair Kit + Optic Fibers means ~300 tick regen during Overdrive (which is 3:20 duration)

Overdrive makes the puppet almost immune to status ailments.

survival is really not a problem. Really at most I've had to use 1 automaton oil. but it was mostly for peace of mind rather than actual dire threat.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-16 11:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »

IF SE cared about roadblocking solo play they could have given the fight a 10 min timer as a DPS check, or made it cost more merits to slow down the frequency at which solo players can queue.

You hit it on the head, "If SE cared."

They don't care. They encourage solo play, whole reason they added in trust system.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2019-09-16 12:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
If you're low-manning some E/N runs the trust Ajido-Marujido is quick on dispel for the dread spikes
just to re-up this comment.
works great
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-16 12:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

I use blu/thf and set geist wall, but I also use koru, qultada, and ajido. All 3 of them are pretty decent at dispel

Are you using a tank? I found on VE/E I end up pulling hate and tanking anyways.

I enter with Aerix's setup and swap in steam jacket over MJ4. PUP/RDM... fire light light. It died pretty fast. 32K (average) bone crusher > 21K (average) String shredder = 2-4K (average)distortion.

Dispelling the dread spikes makes the fight silly.

I pop no trusts... I bring thf mule with me for tags.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-16 12:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're low-manning some E/N runs the trust Ajido-Marujido is quick on dispel for the dread spikes
works great

Thanks!

I found pup/rdm to be the best because i dont bother with trusts or engaging at all.

Dispel dark thorn and the fights a joke on E.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2019-09-16 13:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

works great

Thanks!

I found pup/rdm to be the best because i dont bother with trusts or engaging at all.

Which frame/head and attachments are you using?
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-09-16 15:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ayami said: »
Meeble said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I'd assume it would be easy to tier the rewards, where say using Lilith as an example, Earring is available VE-VD, feet E-VD, weapons N-VD, hands/legs D-VD, head-body VD only. Or using Odin, something like Rings VE-up, weapons N-up, armor D-VD. The choices don't matter, the concept of tiering the rewards behind higher difficulties does. I just feel it shouldn't be possible to just spam E and get everything from a battlefield because it does encourage soloing and congestion.

This isn't a bad idea, but I'd change it even further. Sinister reign style augments, where the base piece has the bulk of it's stats and will have some use. VE gets no augment, E gets 1/4 of augment, N gets 1/2, D gets 3/4, VD gets full augment.

Casuals who like collecting can still get their full set and feel accomplished, but anyone who wants to stay cutting edge has no option besides grouping and doing VD.

Locking the best gear behind VD isn't going to alleviate the queues. It'll just encourage merc.

or increase the number of people required to enter, say 3 and up.

How about splitting it up instead? Why do 4 htbf share the same que? Move say 2 to another or do like avatar fights and split them up to different entry points.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-16 15:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The right answer is always and will always be "stop letting people solo" lots of single player games out there to enjoy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-09-16 15:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
Anyone have any issues where 2nd form stops taking damage?

Only happens when too many fetters appear for me

Any way to get past it? fetters absorbed all elemental damage

Has anybody figured out how to force Lilith Ascendant to start taking damage again?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-09-16 16:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The right answer is always and will always be "stop letting people solo" lots of single player games out there to enjoy.

Well that ship sailed the moment this update went live considering most people are 3/5 4/5 now...
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-16 16:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats wrong with people soloing?
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-16 16:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »

works great

Thanks!

Which frame/head and attachments are you using?

SS/VE

flame holder/MJ4/inhibitor2/TC2/attuner/manaplug/ARK4/maniplug2/OF/OF2/TC/steamjacket
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-16 16:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

we played around abit earlier too.. PUP is a brick on easy... can tank it all day if you remove the spikes. Just have a thf friend pop a trust healer and youre golden.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-09-16 16:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »

4/5 solo and duo ve/e

Haven't seen a single armor on vd or d
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-09-16 16:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »

4/5 solo and duo ve/e

Haven't seen a single armor on vd or d

You'll take your swords and like them!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-16 16:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

in all fairness... My LS has been burning D using geo sch rdm run blm blm... It's very fast as well.

first form fire burst, second form ice burst.

we have seen plenty of gear drops on D.
By Aerix 2019-09-16 18:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Overdrive Valoredge maton with Steam Jacket/DT Taeon and Light/Fire/Water will reduce Dread spikes damage to like 7 HP drained per hit. You don't need any Mana Jammers at all on VE/E as Dread Spikes is only affected by MDT anyway, not by MDB.

For Normal and above doom fetters, Spitewardens as well as Lilith's second phase become an issue. You have to stay in the center to reposition your maton regularly to avoid it dying to doom, making you a target for Meteors. Additionally, Spitewardens often go for the Puppetmaster directly, possibly one-shotting you. The only way to survive this is to Heady Artifice to make them all target your maton.

Lastly, in the second phase she uses all kinds of heavy-hitting elemental attacks that reset Steam Jacket + Zombie fetters. She also gains massive DT the more fetters are up, slowing down the fight which can make OD wear off. I was able to solo N with a lot of luck and Trusts, but D was only possible with WHM and PLD assistance.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-09-16 18:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilith had 3k TP before the first Mew, it resets 90% of her current TP then is heavily nerfed for 45~60 seconds. Kinda surprised to see such feature.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-09-16 18:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so that's how it works. I was wondering what kind of resistance she had against Mewing, since we always saw her TP drop to different values.
[+]
By Afania 2019-09-16 18:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if mew nerf also applies to soul enslavement.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-16 18:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<;;; since when does mew show tp like that damn battlemod lol
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-16 19:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't it show the TP when the mewing doesn't land sleep?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-16 19:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know, I have literally never seen that message, ever

Just always had to assume it was zero after using.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-16 19:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure Mewing is nerfed that much after 1 cast, or is it that it just brings her TP TO 200-300 regardless of how much TP she has?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-16 19:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I wonder if mew nerf also applies to soul enslavement.
Soul Enslavement drains ~2/3 the normal amount per hit.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-09-16 19:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Are you sure Mewing is nerfed that much after 1 cast, or is it that it just brings her TP TO 200-300 regardless of how much TP she has?

She has Occult Acumen too.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2019-09-16 19:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 47 48 49