Link | Quote | Reply

6 smn using siren on vd was easy.
[+]
By Unzero 2019-09-10 04:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if they implement the BP damage reduction for this one
By kishr 2019-09-10 04:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Copy pasta from bg, for reference to this thread.

Quote:
General Notes

Her regular melee attacks are AoE and cause knock back, and has a weaponskill with the additional effect of Dispel.

Aside from AoE enfeebling spells, she casts Comet and at low HP, Meteor.

She can use Trance multiple times. While under trance, she can use a gaze weaponskill called Fatal Attraction which will charm, this can be avoided by turning away from her.
 Asura.Louieck
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Louieck 2019-09-10 04:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Unzero said: »
Yes they did
By Unzero 2019-09-10 04:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Louieck said: »
Yes they did
No surprise there! Thanks for the information!
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-10 04:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can kill the first phase on D in a melee zerg in about 30 seconds. Lux Valiance and One for All are necessary to reduce Dread Spikes to 0 damage. We weren't expecting a second phase and died to the Doom aura as second form popped.
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-10 05:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There appears to be a TP move that moves the current aggro target along with an orb (not a knockback). This 'orb move' can drop the tank into a circle. Moving or getting moved into the circles causes untargetable npcs to start attacking/casting on the whole party; they skillchain and magic burst.

Lilith uses Dark Thorns (Dread Spikes are applied instantly, no wind up or cast time) as her first TP move and her first form has ~450-500k hp on VD. First form absorbs darkness skillchains, second form absorbs light skillchains.

D and lower can be relatively easily zerged, though there is still some RNG with tp moves. VD is quite a big step up from D.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-09-10 05:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Copy pasta from bg, for reference to this thread.

Quote:
General Notes

Her regular melee attacks are AoE and cause knock back, and has a weaponskill with the additional effect of Dispel.

Aside from AoE enfeebling spells, she casts Comet and at low HP, Meteor.

She can use Trance multiple times. While under trance, she can use a gaze weaponskill called Fatal Attraction which will charm, this can be avoided by turning away from her.
its not just a dispell she steals the buff from ya
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-09-10 06:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are going to keep nerfing repeat bps. Why not just flat out nerf SMN. Instead of crippling them for these HTBGs. At least SMN can currently get 1 party slot as Buffer/Mew even with this repeated BP nerf which is more then a lot of jobs.

They should just add a short minimum cool-down between repeated BP:Rage during AC. Then increase AC/AF duration as compensation.
By Shichishito 2019-09-10 06:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

no one is going to grab SMN for buff spot when GEO, BRD, COR and maybe even RDM offer a lot more in terms of buffing.

SMN doesn't have much to offer outside of mewing and AC.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 08:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The sadness from those who wanted to turn up with their summoner armies and get all the drops in a day or two. Sorry you have to actually play the game for a change lol.

Kudos to SE for not making these too easy, I'll get much enjoyment figuring these out in the near future. This is why people need to gear more jobs than the standard tank, whm, cor, geo and smn.

PS: Get your Wings of the Goddess missions done you lazy scrubs .. WOTG has probably the best story of the entire game and people complain about needing to finish it to access this fight? Jeez.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-09-10 09:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

they got kinda shafted on 2 (3? dont recall if alex had it too or not) BCs so far, think odin had it too though it was based on a timer and not destroying smns good bps entirely. So entirely understandable to be miffed your job is almost useless in multiple fights from a damage perspective
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 09:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
they got kinda shafted on 2 (3? dont recall if alex had it too or not) BCs so far, think odin had it too though it was based on a timer and not destroying smns good bps entirely. So entirely understandable to be miffed your job is almost useless in multiple fights from a damage perspective

Just the nature of the beast. Had SE made SMNs damage viable then it would make every other setup completely useless. You can't SMN burn half the game, and expect every new bit of content to also be burnable. SE knows this, and knows full well we'll take the path of least resistance. I know a few SMNs who won't be too bothered by this, because they get stuck on that job way too often.

Kudos to SE for making it so people are forced to play other jobs for a change, and it makes these battlefields a challenge. A true test of our skills. Not just .. pop Bolster/AF/Conduit, sit back and watch as we lazily plow through the content with as much thought as a goldfish circling their bowl.
By gistofanything 2019-09-10 09:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
PS: Get your Wings of the Goddess missions done you lazy scrubs .. WOTG has probably the best story of the entire game and people complain about needing to finish it to access this fight? Jeez.

But no one has complained about needing mission progress. :blobcatthink:
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 09:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

gistofanything said: »

But no one has complained about needing mission progress. :blobcatthink:

In the version update thread they did. Moaning about having to do missions to unlock a fight which only debuted at the end of those missions. And the storyline is one of the best in the entire game .. so it's not exactly a chore for anyone who has not done it before.
By gistofanything 2019-09-10 09:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In the version update thread they did. Moaning about having to do missions to unlock a fight which only debuted at the end of those missions. And the storyline is one of the best in the entire game .. so it's not exactly a chore for anyone who has not done it before.

I mean, if one person saying they're just not going to do the storyline because they don't want to is "complaining", then I guess... /shrug
By Nariont 2019-09-10 09:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the nature of the beast. Had SE made SMNs damage viable then it would make every other setup completely useless.

Thats what they did for odin though and that version (i think) worked well in the sense you had a short period of time where you couldnt do the same BP, now its this silly "oh 1 hit of the BP landed, rest of the hits are reduced to nothing" unless im mistaken there. Would be like 1st hit of a multi-hit WS landing then rest dropped by 90% except other jobs have good 1 hitters to fall back on while avatars have none.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 09:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Just the nature of the beast. Had SE made SMNs damage viable then it would make every other setup completely useless.

Thats what they did for odin though and that version (i think) worked well in the sense you had a short period of time where you couldnt do the same BP, now its this silly "oh 1 hit of the BP landed, rest of the hits are reduced to nothing" unless im mistaken there. Would be like 1st hit of a multi-hit WS landing then rest dropped by 90% except other jobs have good 1 hitters to fall back on while avatars have none.

It's fine, we have to resort to other DD jobs for a change. Which is nice, I get sick of having to roll and stand around watching SMNs do 99.9% of the damage.

gistofanything said: »

I mean, if one person saying they're just not going to do the storyline because they don't want to is "complaining", then I guess... /shrug

I just see it as being negative for the sake of it. The gear from Lilith is good, and I can understand why some don't like to progress through missions if they can help it .. but this is SE's way of getting people to play the game and experience the story. So why not? Now if SE were expecting us to do CoP again with the caps in place to unlock something? Ok, then I'd be pissed too, as I already finished CoP with the original caps.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-09-10 09:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Making it so that multi-hit BPs get penalized for landing more than one hit shouldn't be the only way they can think of to nerf Astral Conduit zergs... Pretty stupid way to patch it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 09:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's either patch it or nerf SMN. I know which method I prefer. It's the only way to stop us burning without fiddling around with conduits power. Anyways, let's eagerly await some non-SMN strats for this interesting fight.
 Leviathan.Aldaron
Server: Leviathan
user: Aldy
By Leviathan.Aldaron 2019-09-10 09:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we stick to the Lilith battlefield please? You know what you're doing with this conversation.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-09-10 10:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm bored.

I think I'll find someone's post to nitpick at and call them dumb.
By Unzero 2019-09-10 10:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know what triggers the instant-death move but it seems like everytime I get lower than ~30% or so and I have threat, it puts up some Japanese characters and then I'm dead. No luck soloing on COR or THF trying to stay alive. RUN a pretty good contender to stay alive through this? I don't care how many times I have to spam VE to get it, but I'm gonna grind this set out
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-09-10 10:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I think I'll find someone's post to nitpick at and call them dumb.
There's many other threads there for that.
By kishr 2019-09-10 10:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

stfu and say a few strats, noone gives a fk about your grandmothers *** size....
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-09-10 10:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What causes her to take no damage? I missed the log but at one point my PUP lost hate and she ran towards me. When this happened she began taking no damage for a bit.
By Unzero 2019-09-10 11:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know what triggers the instant-death move but it seems like everytime I get lower than ~30% or so and I have threat, it puts up some Japanese characters and then I'm dead. No luck soloing on COR or THF trying to stay alive. RUN a pretty good contender to stay alive through this? I don't care how many times I have to spam VE to get it, but I'm gonna grind this set out

Might not be instant death, think she says it whenever she kills me.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-09-10 11:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
What causes her to take no damage? I missed the log but at one point my PUP lost hate and she ran towards me. When this happened she began taking no damage for a bit.

From update thread:

in the outer ring of the battlefield spawns untargetable dark ele gyres that do dmg if you get close to them and aura doom 5 seconds.

Cannot damage her if you pull her outside of the untargetable gyre ring as she becomes immune to everything it seems. Spawns dark gyres from tp moves which can be destroyed but the gyres also spawn a specter of the spitewardens who are untargetable.
First Page 2 ... 47 48 49