Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 47 48 49
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-15 11:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
Problem is I stil lhave yet to see a single piece of armor drop on E and I am only 1/5 for the set (got legs on a D run)
The very next fight I finally got my second piece and it was on E, only took about 30 fights on E to finally see armor.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-15 12:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my plan is to spam E with buffed THF. Almost finished Wotg on alts :)
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-09-15 14:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Yeah my plan is to spam E with buffed THF. Almost finished Wotg on alts :)

3/9 on drops doing casually on E. Earring, Sword, Feet. Run/Thf/Brd/Geo. Minimal effort required.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2019-09-15 14:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people using Anchor really underestimate how potent cheat it is and how much easier this fight is with it. I tried to solo E on THF TPing on Gyves. My DPS was probably maybe 30% of what it would be without being constantly pushed everywhere. I really want to know if at least one person who suggested it's easy and fast on E is actually doing this without Anchor.
Not sure what you'd consider to be fast, but the THF+WHM dualbox E strat I posted yesterday is reasonably easy to pull off if you have access to a second account (or maybe a WHM friend who needs different drops than you). I don't use anchor or any form of cure/casting bot, and it's really not that bad. Definitely agree that multistepping through the knockback is too frustrating to bother doing though, especially because you will almost definitely pull hate right away lol
By SimonSes 2019-09-15 14:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify. I have 4/5 Malignance, all weapons and earring from around ~100 runs on Easy with Pup/thf and TH4 (I had that after around 70 runs actually, but now I'm 0/30, trying to get feet since then).
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-15 14:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify. I have 4/5 Malignance, all weapons and earring from around ~100 runs on Easy with Pup/thf and TH4 (I had that after around 70 runs actually, but now I'm 0/30, trying to get feet since then).

Hit me up if you want to team up, I have thf and already have feet, so I won't lot those. Bonus I can bring a friends whm alt

edit: 4/5 now, just need hat.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-15 18:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I allowed to claim that armor drops are more common on E/VE now? We can't stop getting poles and swords on VD, yet all these E soloers are almost done with all drops.
By Aerix 2019-09-15 18:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
Anchor doesnt work in there

Ejiin's first video with Anchor literally shows him not getting knocked back by Lilith's attacks on pull. And those always knockback from my personal experience.

It may not work for all moves (possibly due to lag), but it definitely does prevent a majority of them.

Assuming you were solo, did you OD all those runs? Non-OD killspeed is pretty terrible without rolls.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-09-15 18:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Am I allowed to claim that armor drops are more common on E/VE now? We can't stop getting poles and swords on VD, yet all these E soloers are almost done with all drops.

Probably not. We got about 3 swords on E while our group logged in and then more swords on D/VD.

go go RNG
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-15 21:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

33+ page wait on HTBF. Pre-update (alex) was instant entry the entire month.
Ambuscade Congestion all over again, GG Asura.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-15 21:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just there.... our server theres 20+ soloers in line at all times too
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-09-15 21:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you don't have th4 from gear? I don't see any point in going /thf.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-15 21:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They might have to introduce a Gallantry-styled point redemption system where you can buy some of these drops. No way to convince people against soloing since we've seen results from it and there's no competition for drops. If they're going to introduce another htbf next month (#5), will be a mess going back to farm drops with the wait.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-15 22:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You could, and it's just an idea, like NOT wait in the queue. Go do something else and come back later. It's not like ambuscade where you "have" to do it every week, and every month. Lilith will be there forever.

You aren't the first to get the drops, so what's it matter now. Waste literal hours standing in line to fight lilith, go hit up the DMV for the real experience.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-16 00:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume it would be easy to tier the rewards, where say using Lilith as an example, Earring is available VE-VD, feet E-VD, weapons N-VD, hands/legs D-VD, head-body VD only. Or using Odin, something like Rings VE-up, weapons N-up, armor D-VD. The choices don't matter, the concept of tiering the rewards behind higher difficulties does. I just feel it shouldn't be possible to just spam E and get everything from a battlefield because it does encourage soloing and congestion.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-16 00:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I'd assume it would be easy to tier the rewards, where say using Lilith as an example, Earring is available VE-VD, feet E-VD, weapons N-VD, hands/legs D-VD, head-body VD only. Or using Odin, something like Rings VE-up, weapons N-up, armor D-VD. The choices don't matter, the concept of tiering the rewards behind higher difficulties does. I just feel it shouldn't be possible to just spam E and get everything from a battlefield because it does encourage soloing and congestion.

Or just crank the drop rate for the higher difficulties. At the current drop rate even when I was spamming D and VD it really wasn't dropping enough to be worth doing groups.

If I am in a group and 6 people are lotting for the same piece of gear that has a 5% drop rate and we each need all 5. I would rather just go to E and solo for a 1% drop rate.

If I see 50% VD armor drop rate, a 25% for D, 12.5% on N etc, (bad numbers because at 12% on N pretty sure I would say screw it and just solo the 6.75% of E instead.) but I think you get the idea.

Soloing does clog up the lines, but unless the reward is worth even doing in a group, people will continue to solo.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-16 01:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Assuming you were solo, did you OD all those runs? Non-OD killspeed is pretty terrible without rolls.

Yes. It was easy to reset OD fast between maze, abyssea and cor alt.

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I'm assuming you don't have th4 from gear? I don't see any point in going /thf.

I have, but I was ODing all runs, so it's a ~60 sec kill anyway.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-09-16 06:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of attachment setup for E OD runs? I've been doing VE on thf, but might as well try put on E for a higher drop rate
By SimonSes 2019-09-16 06:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
What kind of attachment setup for E OD runs? I've been doing VE on thf, but might as well try put on E for a higher drop rate

Same as Aerix's Ambu frog setup, but with Steam Jacket over Mana Jammer III.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-09-16 09:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

This isn't a bad idea, but I'd change it even further. Sinister reign style augments, where the base piece has the bulk of it's stats and will have some use. VE gets no augment, E gets 1/4 of augment, N gets 1/2, D gets 3/4, VD gets full augment.

Casuals who like collecting can still get their full set and feel accomplished, but anyone who wants to stay cutting edge has no option besides grouping and doing VD.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-09-16 10:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Why so complicated? Each person should get their own chest of drop. No need for complicated system.
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-09-16 10:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Why so complicated? Each person should get their own chest of drop. No need for complicated system.

Why make it simple when you can make it complicated ?!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-09-16 10:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »

The way it is, is fine.

When SE decided to give us individual drops, we got Voidwatch drop rates.
When we asked for it again, we got the "New" Sinister Reign Drop rates.

you REALLY want that?

Just figure out how to work together as a team. That is the best way to play.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-16 10:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you handle spikes dmg? Are you using any trusts?
 Ragnarok.Hammerskin
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hammerskin 2019-09-16 11:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

How do you handle spikes dmg?
^
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-09-16 11:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tp on fetters?
By Taint 2019-09-16 11:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I found PUP to be annoying on E. Handling Spikes with my puppet and needing OD to make it worthwhile.

MNK zerg is the safest and most efficient I've found. Smite, spam with Penance.

SAM zerg is the fastest with a higher risk.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-16 11:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
How do you handle spikes dmg? Are you using any trusts?

I use blu/thf and set geist wall, but I also use koru, qultada, and ajido. All 3 of them are pretty decent at dispel
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 47 48 49