First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-11 17:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
So that thread Kylos posted on the official forums is gone.

Not surprised as it had the code for the addon in it, but kinda funny for it to get swept into the closet like that.

They're doing maint to stop anchor from working tomorrow!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-09-11 17:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Flood: Cone Water damage, Attack Down (-75%), STR Down (set to 1)
Dark Flare: Cone Fire damage, Magic Attack Down, INT Down
Dark Tornado: AoE Wind damage, Defense Down (-75%), VIT Down
Dark Burst: Cone Lightning damage, Magic Defense Down, MND Down
Dark Quake: AoE Earth damage, Accuracy Down (-500), DEX Down
Dark Freeze: Cone Ice damage, Evasion Down (-500), AGI Downn
Dark Sun: AoE Light damage, Magic Accuracy Down, Dia (-100 hp/tick)
Dark Moon: AoE Dark damage, Magic Evasion Down, Plague (-10 MP/tick)

Damage can be resisted, not debuffs. Does 2 random attacks > Sun or Moon move during Trance.
Becomes unkillable when five light fetters have spawned.
No GEO nerf in VD.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-09-11 18:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
No GEO nerf in VD.

I agree with this for sure on malaise
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-09-11 18:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I know people are mainly interested in VD but for Very Easy solo spamming: RUN with Trusts works pretty well also. I used Sylvie / Ygnas / Koru / Ulmia / Lion (for Skillchains and lazy TH2).

Lilith's attacks barely hurt on RUN. Epeolatry not needed. Buff up, flash, circle her to get her to place Gyves then go to pound town.

I don't know why people are complaining about knockback, just autorun forward with target lock on.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-11 18:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
I know people are mainly interested in VD but for Very Easy solo spamming: RUN with Trusts works pretty well also. I used Sylvie / Ygnas / Koru / Ulmia / Lion (for Skillchains and lazy TH2).

Lilith's attacks barely hurt on RUN. Epeolatry not needed. Buff up, flash, circle her to get her to place Gyves then go to pound town.

I don't know why people are complaining about knockback, just autorun forward with target lock on.

You can probably do E just as well. RUN shouldn't be taking damage. N is when new mechanics that really suck go into play.
By tyalangan 2019-09-11 19:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
No GEO nerf in VD.

But nerf on lower difficulties? What’s N and D need at?
By Aerix 2019-09-11 19:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
You can probably do E just as well. RUN shouldn't be taking damage. N is when new mechanics that really suck go into play.

Trusts die pretty easily from AoE on E, even with JA heals from Ygnas/Arciela/Selh'teus.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-11 19:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do VE on thief. Have been spamming it with selteus, aaev, nashmeira 2, koru + yoran. You can swap nashmeira and go with a buffer instead. I have done it both ways and never lost so far, but it does get kind of messy and you have to frequently move and disengage so trusts don't die to gyves. You get TH9. Have also beaten this on easy as Monk, just easier because you can use light SC the entire time. One poorly time darkness will completely heal her, so you'll need to alternate Rudras and mandalic if you're going the thief method.
By Mrgrim 2019-09-11 19:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done a bunch of VD's and all I've gotten has been weapons and earrings. I have yet to see an armor piece. I've heard reports of people getting armor pieces at lower difficulties. Hell in fact some people I know have gotten armor pieces on E and stuff :/
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2019-09-11 19:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when you farm too fast zzz I warped myself. Link is out of order but it registered as nothing dropping on Hiep so I immediately warped myself, then tabbed over to Auralei.
Your text to link here...
By missdivine 2019-09-11 19:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Mrgrim said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
Ayy kids this is my VD mnk style vid, figured out mewing works on this so it went very smooth. No SPs used at all. Also fight starts almost at the end lol.

hey! I remember Tigera.
Looks boring as fk
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-09-11 20:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Unfortunately, I tried Easy directly after my Very Easy win; but on Easy she gained the Charm gaze move and ruined my run.

I couldn't take enough damage to die and resummon trusts... and when I tried to solo her without trusts post-charm, she just just charmed me two more times after. After third charm wore off she regened back to full, so I warped out.

(I just realized I could have taken off my iLvl gear at the ramp to die but whatever, merits aren't difficult to get.)
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-09-11 20:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing Easy on DRK with a pocket THF spamming Torcleaver. Use Soul Enslavement at the start, and near the end use Blood Weapon and it takes like 45 seconds. AAEV/Selt/Arciela/Apu but I doubt it really matters.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-09-11 20:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I saw on the previous page a mage-burn strategy works well, which got me to thinking:

Has anyone tried BLU nuking for science? I may try BLU cleaving tomorrow myself but figured I'd ask. The Doom Aura from Gyves should technically be smaller than AoE range from spells.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-09-11 20:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I've been doing Easy on DRK with a pocket THF spamming Torcleaver. Use Soul Enslavement at the start, and near the end use Blood Weapon and it takes like 45 seconds. AAEV/Selt/Arciela/Apu but I doubt it really matters.
Why bother using AAEV on Easy if you're going DRK? She won't hold hate after the first WS and you'd be better off with a buffer or healer. :/
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-09-11 20:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you can turn for fatal allure (gaze), which has a casting time of 3s or something
By Aerix 2019-09-11 20:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Why bother using AAEV on Easy if you're going DRK? She won't hold hate after the first WS and you'd be better off with a buffer or healer. :/

AAEV is basically half a WHM and very sturdy. She can keep you alive without dying too quickly.
By Unzero 2019-09-11 21:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »

AAEV is basically half a WHM and very sturdy. She can keep you alive without dying too quickly.

Not entirely sure if this is true but wouldn't /WHM also give her Magic Defense Bonus, which is why she does ok getting hit for magic damage?
By Aerix 2019-09-11 21:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Unzero said: »
Not entirely sure if this is true but wouldn't /WHM also give her Magic Defense Bonus, which is why she does ok getting hit for magic damage?

Yes. From BGwiki:

Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-11 21:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unzero said: »
Aerix said: »

Yep. She's going to take reduced damage from the MDB, Amchuchu can sometimes utilize her magic evasion to take far less, though. Depends on the fight and well how Amchuchu's AI handles it, though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-09-11 23:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
missdivine said: »
Ayy kids this is my VD mnk style vid, figured out mewing works on this so it went very smooth. No SPs used at all. Also fight starts almost at the end lol.

hey! I remember Tigera.
Looks boring as fk
how are these guys just peacefully standing in 1 spot with out her spawning those black things everywhere and not getting knocked around?

Skill.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-09-11 23:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
how are these guys just peacefully standing in 1 spot with out her spawning those black things everywhere and not getting knocked around?

they are preventing her from using tp moves between subtle blow on mnk and mewing lullaby.
By Boshi 2019-09-12 00:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're low-manning some E/N runs the trust Ajido-Marujido is quick on dispel for the dread spikes
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-09-12 02:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »

hey! I remember Tigera.
Looks boring as fk

You seem rather bored. Could I perhaps throw you some rolls of paper towels?
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-09-12 06:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have two questions if anyone could answer

Does she have 2 phases in N?
Does she spawn doom aura fetters in phase2?
By SimonSes 2019-09-12 06:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »

Does she spawn doom aura fetters in phase2?

1. Yes
2. Idk
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-12 07:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
So that thread Kylos posted on the official forums is gone.

Not surprised as it had the code for the addon in it, but kinda funny for it to get swept into the closet like that.

They're doing maint to stop anchor from working tomorrow!

They're doing maint to shut down xi tomorrow, my cousin's father's step-daughter's son's husband's wife whose distant cousin that served in the korean war's mother-in-law's former college roommate works for square enix.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-12 07:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Does she spawn doom aura fetters in phase

Phase 1 is Doom Aura. Phase 2 is zombie aura (so cures heal for zero). Both are annoying as hell to deal with as a whm if people get caught in it or can't move out of range in time.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 47 48 49