Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 47 48 49
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2019-09-13 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The mewing lullaby strategy with monk and supporting party seems like the way to go (from Mrgrim video a few posts up), but it's also nice to be able to solo on your own time on E when you have etra merits to waste, this is from my first few attempts I used MNK/RUN and sacrificed damage to improve survival, got an earring and daybreak from about 11 runs so far
YouTube Video Placeholder

I can also confirm the attack damage type is dark (I absorbed it as HP on monk with shadow sachet)
By Boshi 2019-09-13 21:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

you can probably manage mnk + thf on E for more TH
By Mrgrim 2019-09-14 00:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Heads up for those doing it with jobs that rely on SB along a smn, Fenrir's ecliptic growl negates Lilith's impact if applied prior to the fight. Very convenient move if you don't wanna be annoyed by impact.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-09-14 05:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone received a double drop yet?
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-14 05:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You will take your 0-1 drops of the 9 possible drops and like it.

On a related note, we're currently at 5 poles, 5 swords, 2 earrings, 1 club, 1 boots, 1 body. I cry a little every time we see a pole or sword now.
By SimonSes 2019-09-14 06:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Exenterator > Rudra's > Mandalic > Exenterator is a decent Light SC. She takes normal damage from Light, so whatever damage you would lose in WSD you gain it back in SCD, assuming you don't get knocked out of range and miss or have a trust interrupt you. Fight goes fast if you use this

I'd still guess that Evis spam (and huge crit rate under 1000tp) with Tauret beats SCs that need Exenterator. And much simpler. But either way, like you said, fight should go fast.

Since Distortion will make poor damage anyway on first form I would change this skillchain to much simpler Exentrator > SA Mandalic > Exentrator and I would do it with Aeneas MH starting from 2000TP Exentrator for Light > Radiance. This would easily beat Evis spam, but I still think that the bolded up words in quotation might be more important. It's kinda hard to make solo SC especially 3-4 step on NM that can put up dread spikes and knocks you back.
By Taint 2019-09-14 06:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »

I’ve been dual boxing MNK and THF in easy.

I go MNK/war and in a normal TP set and just Zerg. Faster kills = less TP moves = easy fight.

Dark thorns is the only FU in easy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Boshi 2019-09-14 11:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty good
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2019-09-14 16:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Boshi said: »
I’ve been dual boxing MNK and THF in easy.

I go MNK/war and in a normal TP set and just Zerg. Faster kills = less TP moves = easy fight.

Dark thorns is the only FU in easy.

THF + WHM dualbox is great on E as well for those without up to date MNK sets. :)

6/24 on drops so far: earring → earring → sword → body → pole → pole (end), not sure how many times a third earring might've tried to drop though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit for clarification: this was done without anchor or account automation.
By Boshi 2019-09-14 20:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We were getting like 1/4 drop rate ish on E with a real thf while waiting for ppl to log on
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2019-09-14 23:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Have people seen armor on VD? Only have seen ears and weapons so far.
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-14 23:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Have people seen armor on VD? Only have seen ears and weapons so far.
Yeah. These drops
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
On a related note, we're currently at 5 poles, 5 swords, 2 earrings, 1 club, 1 boots, 1 body. I cry a little every time we see a pole or sword now.
are on VD

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2019-09-15 00:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any issues where 2nd form stops taking damage?
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-15 00:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Had best results with Super Saiyan Monk and Manaburn setups.

Neither require burning SPs to do properly, which speeds things along nicely... provided there's not a 40 minute wait between entries.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-09-15 01:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »

Only happens when too many fetters appear for me
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2019-09-15 01:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »

Only happens when too many fetters appear for me

Any way to get past it? fetters absorbed all elemental damage
[+]
By wick 2019-09-15 04:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This can happen when your sch cures it with skillchain. Happened to us, use lv1 1 ice SC with scholar.
By SimonSes 2019-09-15 07:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Ayy kids this is my VD mnk style vid, figured out mewing works on this so it went very smooth. No SPs used at all. Also fight starts almost at the end lol.

Now do it without Anchor lol

I think people using Anchor really underestimate how potent cheat it is and how much easier this fight is with it. I tried to solo E on THF TPing on Gyves. My DPS was probably maybe 30% of what it would be without being constantly pushed everywhere. I really want to know if at least one person who suggested it's easy and fast on E is actually doing this without Anchor.

I know one person who can triobox this without Anchor on VD and that person is my personal MVP.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-09-15 08:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I know people who do it on E without anchor (or any addons for that matter).

and for what it's worth, the people I know who use anchor still got knocked back during our runs, so most of the crying about it seems to be for nothing.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-15 10:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I think people using Anchor really underestimate how potent cheat it is and how much easier this fight is with it. I tried to solo E on THF TPing on Gyves. My DPS was probably maybe 30% of what it would be without being constantly pushed everywhere. I really want to know if at least one person who suggested it's easy and fast on E is actually doing this without Anchor.

I know one person who can triobox this without Anchor on VD and that person is my personal MVP.

I get knocked all over the damn place if I am not using knockback gear, I was being flung everywhere the other day in a shout group I was in.
As for the guy that tri-boxes VD, I know exactly who you are talking about, he was damn near soloing it the first night it came out. I was pretty much there for show.
By SimonSes 2019-09-15 10:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
I know people who do it on E without anchor (or any addons for that matter).

and for what it's worth, the people I know who use anchor still got knocked back during our runs, so most of the crying about it seems to be for nothing.

Oh I know its possible. Im just wondering if people who for example suggest 3-4 step self skillchains while doing it solo are playing with Anchor or not. Personally I cant imagine doing 3-4 step self skillchain reliably on it solo, but maybe I was really unlucky with that try. 3 of my trusts died in first 10 sec and I had no dispel available after that and even with 4/5 Malignance + Turms +1 feet and 2x Lux from /run, dread spikes were doing full damage.
By SimonSes 2019-09-15 10:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

I get knocked all over the damn place if I am not using knockback gear, I was being flung everywhere the other day in a shout group I was in.
As for the guy that tri-boxes VD, I know exactly who you are talking about, he was damn near soloing it the first night it came out. I was pretty much there for show.

Well no wonder you know, we are in same LS after all :D He is imo the most competent, creative and mechanically talented ffxi player I know and even with that respect to him he surprise me all the time.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2019-09-15 11:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Ayy kids this is my VD mnk style vid, figured out mewing works on this so it went very smooth. No SPs used at all. Also fight starts almost at the end lol.

Already killed w/o anchor lol.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-15 11:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had second thoughts about what Adoulin ring I chose until now, but Vocaine Ring is almost tempting me. Having to give up Ambu cape for Repulse Mantle is painful.
By Afania 2019-09-15 11:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I cant imagine doing 3-4 step self skillchain reliably on it solo,

No anchor video has been out for days.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-15 11:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Guess I wasnt being clear enough. SOLO means solo. With trusts or without them. Not 6 boxing.

I have seen few people suggesting self skillchains for E solo EDIT: and on jobs like THF, not on jobs like SAM, when self skillchaining is so much easier.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 47 48 49