December 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By fonewear 2018-12-11 12:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blitzjr said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Damn FFXI is still going???

Yet you’re on a FFXI forum....

Not just the FFXI forum the best third rate hack website this side of the Mississippi !
[+]
 Asura.Ayahuasca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ayahuasca
By Asura.Ayahuasca 2018-12-11 13:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Schroe said: »
Is that +232 magic damage on Eletta Rod real?
Yeah it is, i can see bandwagon BLUs moving they're favorite nuking choice towards 1 sword and 1 club both with magic dmg+232/217, when the INT from Nibiru Cudgels is not needed it's gonna outdps them for sure!! All these magic dmg+ stats will favor the use of magical WS, I feel we'll soon see crazy high hybryd/magic WS and nukes lol!
Best update in a long time.. even my little COR alt now can get 2 amazing magic dmg+ weapon to rock!! Amaziiiiing!!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-11 13:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have testimonials on Ambu V1 yet, or pretty much same fight as the Ambuscade Archive page?
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-12-11 13:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Anyone have testimonials on Ambu V1 yet, or pretty much same fight as the Ambuscade Archive page?
I have no context but guy in my LS just said it was easy, so...it probably is.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-11 13:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub nin = can't lose just slow and boring with triple HP and forced PD time wasters.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-11 13:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the h2h acc change explicity states it applies to pets.

And the Damage limit trait seems to explicitly exclude pets.

However, I wonder if the str change affects pets.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-11 13:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like an epic fight for some Subtle Blow capped Monk/nin rotating penance or 3 NINs living it up like the abyssea days. Or are the TP moves timed?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-11 13:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ayahuasca said: »
Schroe said: »
Is that +232 magic damage on Eletta Rod real?
Yeah it is, i can see bandwagon BLUs moving they're favorite nuking choice towards 1 sword and 1 club both with magic dmg+232/217, when the INT from Nibiru Cudgels is not needed it's gonna outdps them for sure!! All these magic dmg+ stats will favor the use of magical WS, I feel we'll soon see crazy high hybryd/magic WS and nukes lol!
Best update in a long time.. even my little COR alt now can get 2 amazing magic dmg+ weapon to rock!! Amaziiiiing!!

Magic Damage+ is worth even less for magic WS then it is for BLM nukes. MDMG is added after the fTP multiplier so it ends up being a small drop in a very big bucket. And BLU nukes are just magic WS's. Hybrid WS's get practically nothing from magic damage, +100 is nothing when the base DMG is measured in the thousands.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-12-11 13:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I highly question the first change to begin with since we shouldn't have any h2h pets anymore to begin with because of the acc changes

SE said:
The maximum accuracy of beastmaster familiars, wyverns, avatars, and automatons has been increased from 95% to 99%.
* In line with this change, familiars summoned using the following items have had their damage types changed from hand-to-hand to blunt.
Carrot Broth / Famous Carrot Broth / Bug Broth / Quadav Bug Broth / Berbal Broth / Singing Herbal Broth / Carrion Broth / Cold Carrion Broth / Meat Broth / Warm Meat Broth / Tree Sap / Scarlet Sap / Fish Broth / Fish Oil Broth / Seedbed Soil / Sun Water / Grasshopper Broth / Noisy Grasshopper Broth / Mole Broth / Lively Mole Broth / Blood Broth / Clear Blood Broth / Antica Broth / Fragrant Antica Broth
By geigei 2018-12-11 14:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Keep wiping when tank gets caught with triple reversal.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-11 14:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you kill the second set of adds or maybe kite them far enough away it doesn't get used.

iirc it's the blms that use it but never the darks, was a year ago though
By Draylo 2018-12-11 14:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Damn FFXI is still going???

Of course, its the best game ever.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-12-11 14:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Japanese only has 3 sets, Hiragana, Katakana and kanji. Romanji is just there to help foreigners pronunce their words, so I wouldn't count it.

If you know English, then you can understand words written in Katakana. So the JP reading difficulty probably come from Kanji for none Chinese speakers.

However if you know Chinese, then kanji is very easy to understand, because majority of meaning and their alternate meanings are identical in Chinese. If you put a Japanese and Chinese in the same room, they can probably communicate just by writing to each other in their own language, lol.

I had Japanese friends in college who took Chinese language classes. Even though they could recognize/read most of the characters, it still kicked their butts. The character-denseness, the idioms, the literary stuff, different tones, etc had their heads spinning.

Chinese is a constant struggle even for Chinese ppl. It's easy to forget how to read/write words you haven't come across in awhile, etc.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-12-11 14:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Quote:
The following items may now be delivered to different characters on the same account.

Curmudgeon’s Helmet / Gazer’s Helmet / Retching Helmet / Onion Sword II /
Demonic Axe / Brave Blade II / Karakul Cap

I actually won a rank 4 on a mule and never claimed it because I wanted one of the hats and its not transferable, so good news for me if I win again lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-12-11 15:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Japanese only has 3 sets, Hiragana, Katakana and kanji. Romanji is just there to help foreigners pronunce their words, so I wouldn't count it.

If you know English, then you can understand words written in Katakana. So the JP reading difficulty probably come from Kanji for none Chinese speakers.

However if you know Chinese, then kanji is very easy to understand, because majority of meaning and their alternate meanings are identical in Chinese. If you put a Japanese and Chinese in the same room, they can probably communicate just by writing to each other in their own language, lol.

I had Japanese friends in college who took Chinese language classes. Even though they could recognize/read most of the characters, it still kicked their butts. The character-denseness, the idioms, the literary stuff, different tones, etc had their heads spinning.

Chinese is a constant struggle even for Chinese ppl. It's easy to forget how to read/write words you haven't come across in awhile, etc.

This last semester at college I took Intro. Japanese and oh boy did I realize my mistake. Katakana was easy, Hirganan was just memorization, but Kanji messed me up bad.
From what I understand. Neither the Japanese nor the Chinese fully utilize their character systems due to a lack of need; which is arguably the same for English speakers. Just as we have multiple different words for "bad" (terrible, awful, undesirable, disdain, etc), they have the same thing basically. And due to cultural reasons/needs, Mandian Kanji / Japanese Kanji is used differently even though the Kanji is very similar in a lot of ways. So it is dificult for both sides to learn the others language since they follow different rules. So while they might both be able to tell "水" (みず) is water, they wouldn't be able to defaultly read sentence structure around it... ish
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-12-11 15:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back through my data, I think each level of Physical Damage Limit is just +0.1 max pDIF.

From Testing with Staves (2H, pDIF cap 3.75)
WHM Baseline : 841.3, 100%, 3.75 pDIF
RDM/BLM DL I : 863.5, 102.6%, 3.8475 pDIF, +0.0975 difference
RDM/DRK DL II: 886.7 105.4%, 3.9525 pDIF, +0.2025 difference

From Testing with Swords (1H, pDIF cap 3.25)
COR Baseline : 519.2, 100%, 3.25
DRK/BLM DL V : 598.7, 115.3%, 3.74725, +0.49725 difference

From Testing with Daggers (1H, pDIF cap 3.25)
COR Baseline : 381.8, 100%, 3.25
RNG/BLM DL III: 417.8, 109.4%, 3.5555, +0.3 difference

So...
Physical Damage Limit I : +.1 pDIF (≈ .0975)
Physical Damage Limit II : +.2 pDIF (≈ .2025)
Physical Damage Limit III : +.3 pDIF
Physical Damage Limit IV : +.4 pDIF (presumably)
Physical Damage Limit V : +.5 pDIF (≈ .49725)

Literally came to me in a dream to remember the weapons I was testing had different caps. Thanks, Maat.
By Afania 2018-12-11 15:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
So it is dificult for both sides to learn the others language since they follow different rules. So while they might both be able to tell "水" (みず) is water, they wouldn't be able to defaultly read sentence structure around it... ish

Well yeah, you also need to know how verbs work to connect the sentence together. But being able to know the meaning of a word without having to learn it allows Chinese speakers understand JP above their current language level.

For example, a sentence like this:
私は水を見る(I see water). 私=Me, 水=water, 見=see. It works that way in both Japanese and Chinese. With understanding in grammar and verb forms, it's possible to understand the meaning of the sentence without having to memorize the word.

So in general, Chinese speakers can read and understand jp above their current JP level because they don't need to memorize the meaning of every new vocabulary that they see.

Now that's say, if a Chinese speaker see the same sentence in English "I see water", they will need to know the meaning of all 3 words in that sentence to know what it means.
By Heghmoh 2018-12-11 16:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I want to see MNK be able to spam Asuran Fists at a constant 300 TP return with unupgraded Relic Knuckles again

Eliminate all H2H weapon skills give us more Kick Attacks ! That is the future of monk.

Let's be honest most H2H weapon skills suck so the answer is Kick Attack weapon skills.

I had a day dream last week that they would add a monk specific job trait that just increased punch and kick damage based on current tp. Forget weaponskills, just make monk full auto attack
[+]
By volkom 2018-12-11 17:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
I want to see MNK be able to spam Asuran Fists at a constant 300 TP return with unupgraded Relic Knuckles again

Eliminate all H2H weapon skills give us more Kick Attacks ! That is the future of monk.

Let's be honest most H2H weapon skills suck so the answer is Kick Attack weapon skills.

I had a day dream last week that they would add a monk specific job trait that just increased punch and kick damage based on current tp. Forget weaponskills, just make monk full auto attack

[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-12-11 17:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-11 17:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

y'all and your fascination with MNK. Does everyone just wanna play this game stoned and get shinies???

...I mean, I play stoned, but I at least have the decency to weaponskill now and then.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-11 17:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time (blu was THE job EVERYONE shouted for) I just sudden lunged everything. easy as *** solo the rest of the party could be complete trash. You could completely ignore wave 2 and kill it before endeath mattered.

...now it's got like 30,000,000 hp lol?
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-12-11 18:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Results:Conclusion:
PDL+ 1: +0.1 pDIF Cap
PDL+ 2: +0.2 pDIF Cap
PDL+ 3: +0.3 pDIF Cap (Assumed value, small sample size)
PDL+ 4: +0.4 pDIF Cap (Assumed value, no data)
PDL+ 5: +0.5 pDIF Cap
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-11 18:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This already exists to an extent on Monk. Footwork improves kick damage with the right gear, Spharai has a hidden effect of triple damage, verethragna has TP based triple damage process,glanz has twice/thrice proc, and su5 has two variations of additional white damage. Monk has never had issues dealing beefy damage with just their melee strikes, it's just current meta does not support these styles
 Asura.Cbbs
user: ocean
By Asura.Cbbs 2018-12-11 18:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Going back through my data, I think each level of Physical Damage Limit is just +0.1 max pDIF.

From Testing with Staves (2H, pDIF cap 3.75)
WHM Baseline : 841.3, 100%, 3.75 pDIF
RDM/BLM DL I : 863.5, 102.6%, 3.8475 pDIF, +0.0975 difference
RDM/DRK DL II: 886.7 105.4%, 3.9525 pDIF, +0.2025 difference

From Testing with Swords (1H, pDIF cap 3.25)
COR Baseline : 519.2, 100%, 3.25
DRK/BLM DL V : 598.7, 115.3%, 3.74725, +0.49725 difference

From Testing with Daggers (1H, pDIF cap 3.25)
COR Baseline : 381.8, 100%, 3.25
RNG/BLM DL III: 417.8, 109.4%, 3.5555, +0.3 difference

So...
Physical Damage Limit I : +.1 pDIF (≈ .0975)
Physical Damage Limit II : +.2 pDIF (≈ .2025)
Physical Damage Limit III : +.3 pDIF
Physical Damage Limit IV : +.4 pDIF (presumably)
Physical Damage Limit V : +.5 pDIF (≈ .49725)

Literally came to me in a dream to remember the weapons I was testing had different caps. Thanks, Maat.

Thank you for sharing!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-11 19:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I highly question the first change to begin with since we shouldn't have any h2h pets anymore to begin with because of the acc changes

SE said:
The maximum accuracy of beastmaster familiars, wyverns, avatars, and automatons has been increased from 95% to 99%.
* In line with this change, familiars summoned using the following items have had their damage types changed from hand-to-hand to blunt.
Carrot Broth / Famous Carrot Broth / Bug Broth / Quadav Bug Broth / Berbal Broth / Singing Herbal Broth / Carrion Broth / Cold Carrion Broth / Meat Broth / Warm Meat Broth / Tree Sap / Scarlet Sap / Fish Broth / Fish Oil Broth / Seedbed Soil / Sun Water / Grasshopper Broth / Noisy Grasshopper Broth / Mole Broth / Lively Mole Broth / Blood Broth / Clear Blood Broth / Antica Broth / Fragrant Antica Broth

I don't see any of our Mnk type pets in there. However, you are right that pets already had the acc buff. I forgot. I was more focused on the STR point and the actual update notes.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-12-11 19:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
So it is dificult for both sides to learn the others language since they follow different rules. So while they might both be able to tell "水" (みず) is water, they wouldn't be able to defaultly read sentence structure around it... ish

Well yeah, you also need to know how verbs work to connect the sentence together. But being able to know the meaning of a word without having to learn it allows Chinese speakers understand JP above their current language level.

For example, a sentence like this:
私は水を見る(I see water). 私=Me, 水=water, 見=see. It works that way in both Japanese and Chinese. With understanding in grammar and verb forms, it's possible to understand the meaning of the sentence without having to memorize the word.

So in general, Chinese speakers can read and understand jp above their current JP level because they don't need to memorize the meaning of every new vocabulary that they see.

Now that's say, if a Chinese speaker see the same sentence in English "I see water", they will need to know the meaning of all 3 words in that sentence to know what it means.

Well, except that chinese don't use 私 for I, they use 我. There's actually quite a bit of kanji that are used differently not to mention a lot are actually written differently as well. Like I can vaaaageuly get the jist from chinese movies/tv that have subtitles but even then that's because I understand some spoken so I can mesh the two together. And I'm more often wrong than not, lol.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-11 19:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea where they are heading with these Ambuscade weapons? I was expecting augments or something this month. Instead, I am just pretty confused with what they are going for here. They just seem boring and uninteresting and nothing to make them stand out versus other starter options.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9