Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 111 112 113
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-30 09:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Have Shiori show where the media/press attacked Obama every day for an entire week first. That would still be nonexistent, but easier for him to ignore.

https://www.usnews.com/news/washington-whispers/articles/2009/09/14/media-coverage-of-obama-grows-more-negative

For his first 100 days

Quote:
We also conducted a separate analysis of 1193 stories on the Fox News Channel "Special Report."

Quote:
President Obama fared far worse on Fox News Channel's "Special Report" than on the broadcast networks or the prestige press—only 23% positive v. 77% negative evaluations.

Cry me a river. Even NPR had an article detailing how much worse Trump's coverage has been than previous presidents, and it's not even close. You can't use Fox News as your scapegoat for everything.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-10-30 09:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Here it is in Time:

Paul Manafort and Another Former Donald Trump Aide Have Been Charged in Robert Mueller's Russia Probe

No paywall.

Charges not released yet but the best guesses are that Manafort got busted laundering rubles in Manhattan real estate. 13 known transactions.

Haven't seen any speculation about Gates.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 09:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember, kids.

If McCain hadn't tried to shore up the Tea Party with crazy-*** Sarah Palin things could have been so much *** different. For better or worse. I'm just saying. We probably wouldn't be dealing with Trump in the political ring, at least.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 09:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Here it is in Time:

Paul Manafort and Another Former Donald Trump Aide Have Been Charged in Robert Mueller's Russia Probe

No paywall.

Charges not released yet but the best guesses are that Manafort got busted laundering rubles in Manhattan real estate. 13 known transactions.

NPR on the ball.

Quote:
The Justice Department released its indictment a little later on Monday morning. It contains 12 counts: "conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts."
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 09:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Which must be why Fox News is still talking about her nearly 1 year later. I'm not saying mittens is as bad as Hillary. I'm saying Trump's bad press is nothing extraordinary and you can expect the exact same thing to happen the next time there's a liberal president.

You have to understand that we're all a little blind to things that support "the other guy."

Obama got *** hammered by every even marginally conservative source. Remember the tan suit debacle, ffs?

The problem is that the liberal sources are so much more visible. You have to deliberately tune into conservative media. Fox might be on in a waiting room or something, but chances are better it will be CNN or some such that generally is more centrist/left-leaning.

And this is further exacerbated by the fact that Trump goes out of his way to draw attention to himself. It's why I get mad with news sources constantly hanging on his every stupid Tweet. It's like even if they realize they're being baited they have to take the *** hook because that's the position they've put themselves in.

It's just so frustrating to watch happen.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 09:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Here it is in Time:

No paywall.

That's cause no one would pay to read time.com
By fonewear 2017-10-30 09:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
In Congress it goes both ways. In the media it is definitely not on balance with how Obama was treated. If the media as a whole had treated Obama even remotely as bad as they treat Trump, it wouldn't be such a big deal. And before you say that Trump is special in that regard because of his attitude, think back on how the media managed to turn Mitt "Ned Flanders" Romney Hillary Clinton into the devil incarnate.

Exactly, both ways.

Now that is some false equivalence. Hillary Clinton is not even remotely on par with Mitt Romney. You're trying too hard.

Which must be why Fox News is still talking about her nearly 1 year later. I'm not saying mittens is as bad as Hillary. I'm saying Trump's bad press is nothing extraordinary and you can expect the exact same thing to happen the next time there's a liberal president.

If Fox news didn't talk about who would... you and your Canadian brethren ?
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 10:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Paul Manafort and Rick Gates charged. George Padapolous admits to lying to FBI in Russia investigation.

Good to see these two treasonous criminals brought to justice.

America, *** yeah!
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Paul Manafort and Rick Gates charged. George Padapolous admits to lying to FBI in Russia investigation.

Good to see these two treasonous criminals brought to justice.

America, *** yeah!

Way to go Donny !
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Countdown to impeachment my current guess is by 12:30 pm today Drumpf will be in prison.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 10:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Only a matter of time till they have the Trump family thrown out of the White House and arrested for collusion, treason, and tax evasion. Maybe even a little pussy grabbing.

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also in before Paul Mana Font is a Russian spy working under Putin trying to infiltrate the government.
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Only a matter of time till they have the Trump family thrown out of the White House and arrested for collusion, treason, and tax evasion. Maybe even a little pussy grabbing.

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.

You sure you aren't Candlejack or pretending to be Candlejack ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire government is filled with Russian spies trying to take us down from the inside. Just wait till next week when Mike Pence is found out to be a spy.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 10:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.

You sure you aren't Candlejack or pretending to be Candlejack ?
I said thrown out of the White House, not boiled alive in a vat of human waste. There's a difference.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 10:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire government is filled with Russian spies trying to take us down from the inside. Just wait till next week when Mike Pence is found out to be a spy.
I think Pence is more likely to be exposed as a vampire than he is a Russian spy. I mean, look at him.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-30 10:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of foreign principal, false and misleading Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of foreign principal, false and misleading Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

Estimated time in prison 6 months.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-30 10:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire Internet is filled with Russian spies trying to take us down from the inside. Just wait till next week when Mike Pence is found out to be a spy.
Ftfy
By Zerowone 2017-10-30 10:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I beg you Pardon
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I beg you Pardon

See that my friends it he proper use of the bold feature.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 10:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary is investigated, no charges on anyone. Trump is investigated, two arrests, two guilty pleas, and one dude admits to lying.

Cuckservatives - 0
Librulz - 1

Checkmate.
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to pardon someone for some Grey Poupon.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary is investigated, no charges on anyone. Trump is investigated, two arrests, two guilty pleas, and one dude admits to lying.

Cuckservatives - 0
Librulz - 1

Checkmate.

First of all it's libtards second of all Hillary isn't in the clear yet.
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a guy opining extensively on how offended he is by being called a libtard:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/huppke/ct-libtard-huppke-20161229-story.html
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 10:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuckservatives - 0
Librulz - 1

Checkmate.

First of all it's libtards second of all Hillary isn't in the clear yet.
Whose campaign was Manafort involved in again? What about "Tricky" Rick Gates? That's what I thought.
By fonewear 2017-10-30 10:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

"Today I'd like to discuss a word.

It's an awful word, one that sprouted from an even more awful word, and it's often slung about with reckless abandon by people annoyed by anyone expressing a liberal point of view.

The word — and I'll write it here, in full, for clarity — is "libtard."

You can likely guess the roots of that word. Per the Urban Dictionary, "it stands for 'liberal retard.'"

Readers direct that term at me constantly. It comes via email, tweet and Facebook comment, and it seems to pervade all manner of online political arguments.

Receiving insults and harsh critiques comes with this job, and I'm fine being called virtually any name in the book. But not that one.

And here's why:

The word "retard" or "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" — which I'll refer to from here on as the R-word — is horribly offensive to people with intellectual disabilities. I hate the word, and I regret there was a time in my life when I ignorantly used it as slang to insult people.

My understanding of the hurtful power of that word came years ago when I had the opportunity to spend more than a year reporting on people with intellectual disabilities. What I found, quickly, was some of the most amazing, capable, kindhearted souls I've ever known, and when I asked the people I got to know about the R-word, they patiently explained that it makes them feel like something less than everyone else.

And that's unacceptable to me. It's degrading. It's dehumanizing.

It's wrong.

Here's an explanation from a campaign started by the Special Olympics called "Spread the Word to End the Word":

"When they were originally introduced, the terms 'mental retardation' or 'mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE' were medical terms with a specifically clinical connotation; however, the pejorative forms 'retard' and 'HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE' have been used widely in today's society to degrade and insult people with intellectual disabilities. Additionally, when 'retard' and 'HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE' are used as synonyms for 'dumb' or 'stupid' by people without disabilities, it only reinforces painful stereotypes of people with intellectual disabilities being less valued members of humanity."

Taking the R-word and adding "lib" to it doesn't make it any less offensive. And what bothers me is that those who combine "liberal" with that word are not insulting their intended targets — they're insulting an entire group of people who have done nothing wrong, all while perpetuating a term that simply needs to go away.

If you want to insult me, have at it, by all means. You can call me a libturd, a lib-coward dirtbag clown diaper, stupid, lazy, lazy and stupid, a liberal idiot, a joke, a puke, a liberal puke, a stupid and lazy liberal puke, a loser, a mess of a human being, a waste of space, a sweaty liberal piece of clown poo or a dirtbag gaseous garbage peddling nut job. You can mock my appearance — I've always been insecure about my weight, so that's a good area to target — or question my skill as a writer or overall qualifications as a human being.

I don't care. But right now, in the midst of the holiday season, I'm asking everyone — haters and otherwise — to please leave those who have done nothing to you, those who only want to be treated like people, out of your insults.

If you refuse to accept that words cause harm, I'll gladly help you meet some of the fine people I've had the pleasure of getting to know over the years.

There are people with developmental and intellectual disabilities who live at the North Side campus of Misericordia and work at the nonprofit's Hearts & Flour Bakery. Their cookies are amazing, and the men and women cooking them are the best. I spoke with a Misericordia official and she said they'd be happy to host anyone who might want to come and spend some time.

Easterseals has a large facility on 13th Street on the Near West Side, with a school and an adult program. I contacted an Easterseals representative and she also said anyone who would like to learn more about the movement to end the use of the R-word, or just meet some cool people, is welcome.

If you're reading this and you still don't care and you want to hurl the R-word around like a fool or mash that word together with "lib" and try to tear me or anybody else down, that's between you and your god.

But if you have it in you to test your own beliefs, if you're curious enough to learn something, let me know.

I'll make sure you meet some people who will open your heart and change the way you view the world. You will be better for it. And you will never, ever hear the R-word, in any form, the same way again."
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 10:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What a retard.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 111 112 113