Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113
By fonewear 2017-12-04 15:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

I was going to analyze this...but that turned into some movie.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-04 15:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Biden is weak and out of touch perfect for the Democrats.
By fonewear 2017-12-04 15:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

He achieved a lot from his humble beginnings in Scranton to be the second most famous groundhog in PA !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-04 15:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
It will also benefit me, and I happen to live in an extremely overwhelmingly Democrat area. The plan wasn't designed with specific area's in mind, only as a benefit to middle class professional workers.

See, I actually waffle on this a bit because it cuts both ways. It's "not target Dem areas" but when you target the major population centers, like it or not, you're targeting Dem areas. The two area almost inseparable.

So while it's easy to say that, it's still a near-inescapable fact.

And despite anything, one thing it's near-guaranteed to not do is bring any sort of money into rural America.

Proven by the fact that this tax plan, despite barreling toward passing, we continue to bleed blue collar jobs from rural areas as well as small cities.

I don't live in rural america but in a high density population center, specifically the DC Metro area. Blue collar jobs are not middle class, and I specifically said middle class professional. That's stuff like IT, engineering, nursing, clerical services, and so forth. It's one step under doctor, lawyer but above plumber, electrician.

I also explained, in detail, how this works. You won't be effected unless you have a million dollar mortgage because that's around the point where you can break the 24~30K standard deduction range required to itemize your taxes. Otherwise your taking the standard deduction and have lower taxes.

The deduction isn't on mortgage payments, it's on the interest on the mortgage payment.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-04 15:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Democratic legislative leadership is just a joke half the time too because they're so caught up in the process that they talk about the people but they don't actually remember that you have to do things for the people, not just affirm their...whatever the flashy topic is this week. Gender. Race. Sexual preference.

they get decent marks for pointing out problems and sometimes turning them into successful political issues....

but where they are seriously lacking is the realistic solutions department.

example; hillary's plan/cure for global warming - fire all the coal miners...

which they didn't like

so she offered to retrain them... make them high tech photo voltaic electrical engineers or some ***......

which they also didn't like

because some of these guys quit school in the third grade [cough] my uncle [/cough]. they didn't want to be trained in the first place.... so being retrained...that doesn't sound good for them either....

somewhere along the way the dnc decided that they knew what was best for everyone and everyone that didn't agree with them was a deplorable cretin racist bigoted sexist science denier....

which so far hasn't gotten them a lot of votes
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-04 15:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It don't matter Saevel. No matter what the facts are, libs would rather not reap the benefits of the tax plan and intentionally be ignorant to them instead of admitting they're wrong.
By fonewear 2017-12-04 15:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Democratic legislative leadership is just a joke half the time too because they're so caught up in the process that they talk about the people but they don't actually remember that you have to do things for the people, not just affirm their...whatever the flashy topic is this week. Gender. Race. Sexual preference.

they get decent marks for pointing out problems and sometimes turning them into successful political issues....

which they didn't like

so she offered to retrain them... make them high tech photo voltaic electrical engineers or some ***......

because some of these guys quit school in the third grade [cough] my uncle [/cough]. they didn't want to be trained in the first place.... so being retrained...that doesn't sound good for them either....

somewhere along the way the dnc decided that they knew what was best for everyone and everyone that didn't agree with them was a deplorable cretin racist bigoted sexist science denier....

[+]
By Viciouss 2017-12-04 15:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi in full spin mode. Of course the President can obstruct justice, we have had one impeached for it and one resign for it. So no kids, Trump is not immune to obstruction of justice. He definitely needs a new lawyer.
By fonewear 2017-12-04 15:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kids I find that highly offensive...did you just assume my age !
By Nausi 2017-12-04 15:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Nausi in full spin mode. Of course the President can obstruct justice, we have had one impeached for it and one resign for it. So no kids, Trump is not immune to obstruction of justice. He definitely needs a new lawyer.
Looks like someone's ready for the turd sundae.
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 15:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-12-04 15:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The preoccupation with coprophagia lately is concerning. Must be a poopy day for libs.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-12-04 15:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary was always an awful choice.
I thought you were referring to a more specific statement or something more recent.
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 15:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The preoccupation with coprophagia lately is concerning. Must be a poopy day for libs.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 15:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

which they didn't like

[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-04 15:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll tell you who could win for the Democrats in 2020...the garbage man can !
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 15:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-04 15:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for liberals regarding the tax plan.

Do any of you have retirement accounts? Aren't you enjoying the boom you've gotten since Trump was elected? Whatever your net tax change (pos or slightly neg), to what extent is it offset by your gains in the market?

Optional follow-up, why aren't you taking advantage of this market boom by putting money in the market?
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 16:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The biggest consequence could be the research credit, often used by manufacturers, technology firms and pharmaceutical companies, and the National Association of Manufacturers said it was working with policy makers to address the issue.

Under the credit, companies get money back from the government for what they spend on innovation, often for wages of scientists and engineers. Corporations will claim $10.3 billion in research credits in 2018, according to the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation.

… Murray Energy Corp., an Ohio-based firm and the largest privately held U.S. coal-mining company, complained that the AMT decision and the Senate’s tougher limits on interest deductions made a “mockery out of so-called tax reform.” Robert Murray, the company’s chief executive officer, said the Senate tax plan would raise his company’s tax bill by $60 million.

“What the Senate did, in their befuddled mess, is drove me out of business and then bragged about the fact that they got some tax reform passed,” Mr. Murray said in an interview Sunday. “This is not job creation. This is not stimulating income. This is driving a whole sector of our community into nonexistence.”

Pump the breaks! These amateurs took out the AMT thenmade policy changes based on its removal. Then put the AMT back in at the last second in order to secure votes with personal amendments but didn’t lower the AMT threshold below 20%.

Lmao. These bills probably won’t be reconciled by Christmas.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-12-04 16:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I upvote Simpsons gif regardless of the post!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-04 16:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Do any of you have retirement accounts? Aren't you enjoying the boom you've gotten since Trump was elected? Whatever your net tax change (pos or slightly neg), to what extent is it offset by your gains in the market?

Optional follow-up, why aren't you taking advantage of this market boom by putting money in the market?
I am retired. The tax plan will not directly affect me.

I was raised to play the market. I cut coupons for my grandmother starting at three. We are not talking grocery coupons here BTW. I knew about stocks, bonds, commodities, puts, calls, shorts, and more esoteric things before I hit high school. And I hit high school young.

But I ditched all that along with the Jewish princess bit.
By fonewear 2017-12-04 16:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

I am retired. The tax plan will not directly affect me.

I was raised to play the market. I cut coupons for my grandmother starting at three. We are not talking grocery coupons here BTW. I knew about stocks, bonds, commodities, puts, calls, shorts, and more esoteric things before I hit high school. And I hit high school young.

But I ditched all that along with the Jewish princess bit.

A Jewish prince were you the princess in the Mario Brothers games ?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-04 17:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They got an entire year to reconcile the bills. 2017 is already done and 2018 taxs aren't due till January 2019.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-12-04 18:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, today the Supreme Court let Trump's travel ban take full effect, giving a middle finger to the lower courts that have tried to block portions of it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-04 19:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Things that I had no idea ever exisisted department:

Kingdom Prefilled Communion Cup with Wafers - Box of 100 - White Juice
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-12-04 19:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The bull market has been in effect since 2010, so no my retirement account hasn't changed that much from last year. 2016 was a great year as well, the net increase hasn't been that significant this year to last. I know you think Trump has everything to do with it, but he doesn't.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-04 21:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I don't live in rural america but in a high density population center, specifically the DC Metro area. Blue collar jobs are not middle class, and I specifically said middle class professional.

Yes. I know that.

Sorry for attempting to jam two topics into one. But rural locations are something dear to me, as much as various people like to try to portray otherwise for humor and/or getting their own point across at the exclusion of inconvenient facts.

But that's the thing. I can care about the urban middle class, the suburban middle class (myself, in this discussion) and the working class in urban, suburban, and rural areas alike.

Which is why I was sort of trying to put the two topics together as one thing, because I don't think they're things that necessarily include one at the expense of the other.

I will admit I do not always represent what I'm trying to say with due precision nor eloquence, probably because 90% of the things I post during work day hours are posted while I'm at work between tasks as I wait for systems to do their thing or between other similar tasks, trying to jam my points in.

TL;DR I really think we could do a hell of a lot better for everyone in this country and still keep the upper class rolling in dough and import luxury cars while they keep talking about how vital buying American is to their own positions.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-04 21:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

The bull market has been in effect since 2010, so no my retirement account hasn't changed that much from last year. 2016 was a great year as well, the net increase hasn't been that significant this year to last. I know you think Trump has everything to do with it, but he doesn't.

Not always in love with Vic's answers, but more or less this. I have had no significant problems beyond to-be-expected ups-and-downs since I left the ranks of retail for a big boy job. There are, as I just said. Ups and downs. Certainly some things that make you go, "well that could be a problem," but inevitably things work themselves out or they don't. I don't put all my eggs in one basket, so to speak, so as things stand my retirement is as solid as anyone who entered the workforce with a big nada and a boatload of student debt.

And if things go belly up?

Well, at least I know how to hunt and survive in a tent.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113