Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 12:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
I'm currently investing in real coins mostly nickels. Cause in my day a nickel could get you a lot:

Buy you a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel. With enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the polo grounds

You gotta diversify, man.

Get some dimes. Maybe a few Sacajawea dollars.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-04 12:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Source: my NYC/NYS conservative friends are losing their god damn minds right now.

lol *** them!

we aren't chiseling the tax plan onto giant brimstone tablets with fire and lightning...

if it sucks or it doesn't work we can just change again next year...
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-04 12:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Zerowone said: »
The projected bubble pop in 2018 has no bearing on what’s happening with or to Trump. Boom and Bust is as American as Apple pie.

Run while you can.

Sell your Bitcoin while you can*

stockpile while you can...

boom and bust maybe as american as apple pie but cheering/hoping for it to happen is just as idiotic as it gets...

The Dems want a crash, they can use it as a platform issue in 2020. Seriously, these guys actually want the US economy to crash and to put hundreds of thousands of American voters out of work. It's the whole "war has causalities" mentality with US citizens being the collateral damage.

Like right now, if you were to have a button that would instantly crash the US economy and send it into a depression while simultaneously removing all conservatives from power, Zero, CJ, Kojo and friends would climb over each other to be the first one to push it. The ends justifies the means.

You say that but this tax plan isn't exactly saving anybody either. In fact it deliberately punishes Dem-leaning states despite the fact the people it hurts super bad are upper-middle-class people with a greater republican percentage than not in those states.

Source: my NYC/NYS conservative friends are losing their god damn minds right now.

Those dem leaning states aren't paying their fair share. How can you argue that being able to claim a 10k deduction based on where you live is fair for anyone who doesn't live where you do?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-04 12:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol *** them!

we aren't chiseling the tax plan onto giant brimstone tablets with fire and lightning...

Yeah I'm just sayin' is all. Loyal fiscal conservatives taking it up the tailpipe...

The tax plan, fwiw, puts me in the black with the feds and leaves me par for the course for the state. Local is only going to get better if anything.

I'm still worried about just all kinds of things but somehow in all of this I'm the one honkey this tax plan does something for, at least on the surface.

Which is why I'm still trying to figure out the downside...because I know it's there.

It doesn't matter who is in office. There's always a downside for the middle class.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-04 12:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Those dem leaning states aren't paying their fair share. How can you argue that being able to claim a 10k deduction based on where you live is fair for anyone who doesn't live where you do?

I mean. Because they're population and economic centers that fuel the country's economy and international standing, and because of it their cost of living is inflated?

Look, basic apples-to-applies I feel you here. "Why do you get something for free when I don't" is a pretty valid question if everything is even.

But bumfuck Pennsylvania is absolutely nothing like NYC and it's not really apples-to-apples at all.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-12-04 12:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean. Because they're population and economic centers that fuel the country's economy and international standing, and because of it their cost of living is inflated?

Look, basic apples-to-applies I feel you here. "Why do you get something for free when I don't" is a pretty valid question if everything is even.

But bumfuck Pennsylvania is absolutely nothing like NYC and it's not really apples-to-apples at all.

What kind of apples we talking about red delicious ?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-04 12:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lol *** them!

Yeah I'm just sayin' is all. Loyal fiscal conservatives taking it up the tailpipe...

The tax plan, fwiw, puts me in the black with the feds and leaves me par for the course for the state. Local is only going to get better if anything.

I'm still worried about just all kinds of things but somehow in all of this I'm the one honkey this tax plan does something for, at least on the surface.

Which is why I'm still trying to figure out the downside...because I know it's there.

It doesn't matter who is in office. There's always a downside for the middle class.

It will also benefit me, and I happen to live in an extremely overwhelmingly Democrat area. The plan wasn't designed with specific area's in mind, only as a benefit to middle class professional workers. The Dems are going nuts over the corporate tax rate reduction, and as usual they are deliberately misleading and lying to everyone while doing so.

On paper the Corporate tax rate is 35%, which is considered ridiculously high even compared to other socialized countries. In actuality corporations can pay anywhere from negative to 15% taxes depending on how good their accounting departments are and how much of a global presence they have. Profits from a division in one country can be diverted and attributed to another division in another nation, preferably one with more favorable tax laws. Profits can even be kept in overseas accounts as a sort of warchest / limbo and deferred in perpetuity. Those profits will only count for tax purposes when they are repatriated back to the USA. Apple for example, one the most profitable companies in the USA and the darling of Starbucks liberals everywhere, only pays around 4~5% tax and has somewhere north of 4 billion USD stored overseas as a rainy day fund. Lowing the tax rate to 20% serves two purposes, first being a signal to corporations that the US Government will adopt a less antagonistic approach towards them, second being to provide incentive to repatriate their profits back to the USA and thus inject real non-leveraged cash into the economy.

Finance people understand this, it's why the markets are going up. If the corporate tax rate goes down, and if those corporations then repatriate those stored overseas assets, then the economy will improve dramatically. That is a lot of capital made available for investment into the domestic economy, where as before it could only be used to invest in overseas countries to avoid the 35% tax penalty (many countries have favorable tax laws to encourage foreign investment).

Democrats going nuclear because this might actually work, and in doing so hand a win to their hated foe the Republicans. And as I said, Democrats would rather burn the country to the ground then see any more Republicans in power.
By Nausi 2017-12-04 12:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Libs have no collusion in their Russia probe, so it looks like they're turning to "obstruction of justice" over whatever it was that Flynn lied about.

News flash dummies, the President cannot "obstruct" justice, he runs the executive branch, he runs it. He can direct any investigation, he can tell the FBI to do whatever he wants them to do. There is plenty of legal precedent for this.

No bites apparently are left on the turd sandwich, as a result the left has served up a NEW turd sundae.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 12:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but opinions and feelings > facts for Nausi and friends.
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 12:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol *** them!

Doesn’t go into effect until 2019.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-04 12:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The only people who would be hurt are those with a million USD home and are itemizing their deductions to get an even lower tax rate then the middle class.

With income tax you can either take the standard deduction (which is going up) or itemize. Itemizing is where you can start adding interest on mortgage payments, business expenses, educational expenses and all sorts of stuff. Now you can only have one, so itemizing only works if the total would be more then the standard deduction. That's ~extremely~ hard for most people. Something like 70% of taxpayers just take the standard deduction. So try to imagine how you'd get more then 24K of itemized deductions, now think how much more then 24K they would need to be to actually be worth worrying over.

And here I thought liberals wanted the "rich" to pay more.
By Nausi 2017-12-04 12:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the standard/cost of living, ppl in NYC usually get paid alot more because of where they are. That doesn't mean they should get special treatment from the federal tax collector does it? You think the people in rural PA don't work hard like those in NYC?
By Ramyrez 2017-12-04 12:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It will also benefit me, and I happen to live in an extremely overwhelmingly Democrat area. The plan wasn't designed with specific area's in mind, only as a benefit to middle class professional workers.

See, I actually waffle on this a bit because it cuts both ways. It's "not target Dem areas" but when you target the major population centers, like it or not, you're targeting Dem areas. The two area almost inseparable.

So while it's easy to say that, it's still a near-inescapable fact.

And despite anything, one thing it's near-guaranteed to not do is bring any sort of money into rural America.

Proven by the fact that this tax plan, despite barreling toward passing, we continue to bleed blue collar jobs from rural areas as well as small cities.
By Nausi 2017-12-04 12:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the standard/cost of living, ppl in NYC usually get paid alot more because of where they are. That doesn't mean they should get special treatment from the federal tax collector does it? You think the people in rural PA don't work hard like those in NYC?
Secondly bumfuck PA is exactly like bumfuck NY, yet one gets a massive state tax deduction when filing.

What's the logic for that?
By Ramyrez 2017-12-04 13:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They get paid a lot more and it becomes proportional. It's not like $250,000* in NYC actually gets you more than $50,000* in Buffalo or Erie.

But a person with a $1,000,000* home in NYC is probably paying more in taxes proportionally than someone with a $250,000* home in Buffalo/Erie.

*Numbers given to make a point, not actually proportional or researched.

Look, like I said. On some level I agree, but at the same time, cities are going to rapidly turn into feast-or-famine with the only people living there being the mega rich and the people too poor to go anywhere else.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-04 13:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Secondly bumfuck PA is exactly like bumfuck NY, yet one gets a massive state tax deduction when filing.

Depends which part of rural NY. Anywhere close enough to NYC to have inflated prices for it gets sucked in. Upstate NYS is better off in this regard and really going to break even if I understand correctly.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-04 13:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Doesn’t go into effect until 2019.

then kanye and oprah can tackle it in 2020.....
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-04 13:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They get paid a lot more and it becomes proportional. It's not like $250,000* in NYC actually gets you more than $50,000* in Buffalo or Erie.

C'mon that's crap. Ask anyone on the street which life they would rather have. I bet 4/5 would take 250k over 50k.

Regardless, the point is that the 250k person in NY is subsidized on a federal level by the 50k person in PA because of the deductions the feds give to the guy in NYC.
By Nausi 2017-12-04 13:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Like you're actually advocating for federally enforced income inequality.
By Nausi 2017-12-04 13:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How come when Hillary lies to the FBI she isn't thrown in jail?

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-04 13:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

C'mon that's crap. Ask anyone on the street which life they would rather have. I bet 4/5 would take 250k over 50k.

I thought we had pretty well established that asking "anyone on the street" is a terrible way to gauge anything, up-to-and-including electing politicians.

Frankly I don't give a *** because as stated I'm middle class and am always going to be under threat of having someone taking my money to piss it away on poor-designed programs and/or funnel it to some mega-rich jackoffs who are the literal version of Nik's cartoonish avatar.

As it stands at least I maintain under this plan so I'm not going to *** too hard.

I just think it's shitty there's ***-all nothing that will manage to encourage corporations to actually invest in Americans. Not "America." Not the "American economy."

Actual Americans. Real jobs for people who want to work for a living and better themselves and their families.

All we have are two parties lying to people in different ways to make them think they'll make things better when no one is going to actually try, they're just going to try to serve two different sets of corporate masters.
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 13:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Libs have no collusion in their Russia probe, so it looks like they're turning to "obstruction of justice" over whatever it was that Flynn lied about.

News flash dummies, the President cannot "obstruct" justice, he runs the executive branch, he runs it. He can direct any investigation, he can tell the FBI to do whatever he wants them to do. There is plenty of legal precedent for this.

No bites apparently are left on the turd sandwich, as a result the left has served up a NEW turd sundae.

Only ones serving up new ***are people like yourself.

There has been plenty of legal precedent that says otherwise to your claim and Mr. Dowds.

Think not? Nixon was going to be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. He resigned to avoid it. Bill Clinton’s articles of impeachment contained obstruction of justice charges (Article III).

The President’s constitutional role is faithful execution of the law, they can not put themselves above it. Otherwise they would be a despot.

The act of firing the head of FBI in and of itself is not obstruction of justice. The reason stated by the President as to why he fired him, is obstruction.

So go ahead and run around calling people dummies because you are ignorant to actual legal precedent. A sitting President can be charged with obstruction and has been in the past.
By Nausi 2017-12-04 13:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Did she?

She sure did, she told everyone she never sent classified info, when she did.

She also destroyed evidence by wiping her servers AFTER she they had been subject to subpoena.

and on and on and on.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-04 13:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did she?

everyone's favorite gay porn- buttery males
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-12-04 13:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Did she?

Why doesn’t Trump do something about it? Isn’t he the President? Can’t he just tell the FBI what to do? Lulz.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-04 13:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The Dems want a crash, they can use it as a platform issue in 2020....
The earlier a crash happens in a presidential cycle the better for the incumbent. The later it happens the worse it is.

St. Ronald the President had a fricking recession early in his first term.

Ideally for Trump the correction will happen tomorrow.

Ideally for whoever the dems run it will happen in the summer before the 2020 election.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-04 13:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Well the TV tells me to invest in silver...according some silver expert the prices are going up 200%. So silver it is.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113