Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
First Page 2 3 4 ... 111 112 113
By fonewear 2017-10-30 07:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's it impeach Drumpf before Halloween !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-30 07:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mornin' y'all. Happy Pretend-That-We-Care-About-Paul-Manafort Day!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 07:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Mornin' y'all. Happy Pretend-That-We-Care-About-Paul-Manafort Day!

He's the black mage NPC in FFXI right ?
By fonewear 2017-10-30 07:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

First Manafort then Mana Wall it never ends !
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 07:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That's it impeach Drumpf before Halloween !

Went to a friend's Halloween party this weekend. He straight-up had a creepy Trump mask that was scarier than any rendition of IT that has ever been.

He also spent all week practicing Trump's mannerisms and hand gestures. It was actually terrifying. Like, the mask wasn't very high quality, so it was like...well, imagine Leatherface wearing Trump's face.

And a nicer suit.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 07:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

First Manafort then Mana Wall it never ends !

Oh good. It's not just me.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-30 08:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Which, if we're being honest, is probably a lesson most politicians today could stand to learn. Don't treat every single person who disagrees with you about everything as the worst of the worst that their party has to offer and maybe you can both get somewhere.

That would require dropping the "all conservatives are sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic deplorables" policy which they use to fuel hatred in the younger generation. If they stop that then they lose the foot soldiers for social change. This is why the left can't win, the tactic they've built their party on relies on radicalizing young people, yet also prevents them from working with anyone else. When you create an entire party of religious zealots, is there any wonder why they refuse to cooperate with their avowed enemy.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 08:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Which, if we're being honest, is probably a lesson most politicians today could stand to learn. Don't treat every single person who disagrees with you about everything as the worst of the worst that their party has to offer and maybe you can both get somewhere.

That would require dropping the "all conservatives are sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic deplorables" policy which they use to fuel hatred in the younger generation. If they stop that then they lose the foot soldiers for social change. This is why the left can't win, the tactic they've built their party on relies on radicalizing young people, yet also prevents them from working with anyone else. When you create an entire party of religious zealots, is there any wonder why they refuse to cooperate with their avowed enemy.

You forgot the white people ! Those white sons of *** have been oppressing women since 19 19-dickety-two
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 08:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

19 dickety two *
By fonewear 2017-10-30 08:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Viciouss said: »
First charged filed in Mueller investigation

Don't know who or what the charges are yet, but looks like somebody is going to be arrested on Monday. So much for all the attempted deflection by team trump.
It'll probably be someone sort-of insignificant.
It could be insignificant, or it could wind up being someone along the lines of Trump Jr., Kushner, Flynn, Manafort, Stone, or the Russkie lawyer. This is also still a sealed indictment, so whoever gets arrested later on, guess what? They can plea bargain, turn State's Evidence and sing like a damned fine Canary to send the rest of the bunch up the river for a good, long time.

Translation:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-30 08:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I suspect it's going to be Manafort and Flynn who get indicted.

NYT saying Manafort and Gates. It's a pseudo-paywall b/c the internet ruins everything and I'm not going to bother linking it atm, but. Yeah.
And the charges were about anything but the election and/or Russian collusion.

Which is not surprising, since the only "crime" that took place was the Queen losing the election.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 08:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

So are you a conservative religious zealots? You sound like one, you keep labelling the left as enemies.

They are the enemies...they would do anything for Trump to fail. I consider that worse than Russia etc. Other citizens actively trying to destroy the President.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-10-30 08:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And if someone they destroyed Trump they would try to destroy Pence. So what good would it really do ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 08:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you a conservative religious zealots? You sound like one, you keep labelling the left as enemies.

They are the enemies...they would do anything for Trump Obama to fail. I consider that worse than Russia etc. Other citizens actively trying to destroy the President.

It easily goes both ways, if they can't see it then they are no better than their "enemies".

Please you show me when the media/press attacked Obama every day for an entire year. I'll wait.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-30 08:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They are the enemies...they would do anything for Trump Obama to fail. I consider that worse than Russia etc. Other citizens actively trying to destroy the President.

It easily goes both ways, if they can't see it then they are no better than their "enemies".

Please you show me when the media/press attacked Obama every day for an entire year. I'll wait.
Make it easier on him fone.

Have Shiori show where the media/press attacked Obama every day for an entire week first. That would still be nonexistent, but easier for him to ignore.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-10-30 08:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Like we found the russian connection, see by allegedly defrauding taxes years before 2016, Manafort actually was sending secret messages to Russian agents.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-30 08:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say if it was everyday, but Fox News? Hell, they went batshit crazy about the birthers conspiracy for months. Even today, they are attacking Hillary Clinton daily, who the hell even cares about Hillary anymore?
You mean the only conservative news source that's considered mainstream?

Vs. every single news sources that's considered mainstream and liberal that are attacking Trump for well over 2 years now? Straight, without missing a beat and without saying one good thing about him. In most cases, even making their own stories and faux outrages when Trump hasn't said anything remotely offensive on Twitter for 12 hours? IceCreamGate anyone? How about that Russian collusion story that they are only focusing on Trump about and never on Obama, his administration, and Clinton's Pay-to-play scheme that reputable sources are revealing?

The media bias is so obvious, you have to have your head stuck up a moose's *** in order to not see it. Which, frankly.......
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-30 08:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when the media talked about the shady side of the Clinton foundation...me either.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 08:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You mean the only conservative news source that's considered mainstream?

To be fair, that just sort of exemplifies how *** huge and powerful Fox news is given their market share. They're a one-stop shop for anyone with conservative leanings and they just push them further and harder right, just like so many of the more liberal sources just push people further and harder left.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-30 08:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In Congress it goes both ways. In the media it is definitely not on balance with how Obama was treated. If the media as a whole had treated Obama even remotely as bad as they treat Trump, it wouldn't be such a big deal. And before you say that Trump is special in that regard because of his attitude, think back on how the media managed to turn Mitt "Ned Flanders" Romney into the devil incarnate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 09:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitt "Ned Flanders" Romney into the devil incarnate.

They weren't that hard on Mitt until he got himself in hot water when Ned attending Mr. Burns' "Conference of Rich White Devils™" and got caught on tape saying what probably 90% of Republican90% of politicians think/how they approach the process.

Proving once again it isn't evil that American voters hate. It's knowing the actual truth of a situation and that they can't do *** about it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-30 09:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In Congress it goes both ways. In the media it is definitely not on balance with how Obama was treated. If the media as a whole had treated Obama even remotely as bad as they treat Trump, it wouldn't be such a big deal. And before you say that Trump is special in that regard because of his attitude, think back on how the media managed to turn Mitt "Ned Flanders" Romney Hillary Clinton into the devil incarnate.

Exactly, both ways.

Now that is some false equivalence. Hillary Clinton is not even remotely on par with Mitt Romney. You're trying too hard.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 09:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary Clinton is not even remotely on par with Mitt Romney

Yeah. He's got a long way to go to catch up with her wrinkled, sinister ol' ***.

But seriously. I'm not saying I wouldn't have preferred her to Trump, but I've never wanted another Clinton in the White House except as a "lesser of two bad choices."

She's so *** shady. I get why famous/powerful people tried to make her look good, and I get why they still do it to sort of cover their own butts, but...c'mon man.

What really burns my *** is the way the "first woman president" crowd is still defending her tooth and nail saying that she was a perfect candidate and it's proof that there's discrimination and blah blah blah.

Meanwhile half the people doing it either weren't alive or not old enough to remember the early 90s and the ***the Clintons have been getting up to forever.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 111 112 113