Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 111 112 113
By Ramyrez 2017-11-02 12:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Ramyrez said: »
DON'T FAT SHAME HIM. HE'S GOT A THYROID CONDITION.

Not this ***again...

DON'T YOU RAGE-SHAME ME!
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-11-02 12:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DON'T FAT SHAME HIM. HE'S GOT A THYROID CONDITION.

Not this ***again...

DON'T YOU RAGE-SHAME ME!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-11-02 13:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't call me bro, chief.
By Zerowone 2017-11-02 13:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't call me bro, chief.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-02 13:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not this ***again...

that was half my fault...

chanti has a friend the size of Andre the Giant and I was asking her if her friend ever had her thyroid checked... before I could ask about her pituitary gland... it triggered some long dormant damp 'there is no such thing as hyperthyroidism' rant in Remo...

We weren't talking about your average walmart fatty in this case... but my brief medical curiosity in gigantism was quickly drowned out and I quit caring about it....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nausi 2017-11-02 13:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Das a huge ***^^
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-02 14:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You believe these sons of *** !

[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-02 14:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Not this ***again...

that was half my fault...

chanti has a friend the size of Andre the Giant and I was asking her if her friend ever had her thyroid checked... before I could ask about her pituitary gland... it triggered some long dormant damp 'there is no such thing as hyperthyroidism' rant in Remo...

We weren't talking about your average walmart fatty in this case... but my brief medical curiosity in gigantism was quickly drowned out and I quit caring about it....

I heard Rob Schneider is playing Rob Schneider in a Rob Schneider movie !
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-11-02 15:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Das a huge ***^^

behemoth!
By fonewear 2017-11-02 15:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine this it what it is like to have kids:

Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-11-02 15:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
start crying about it now and avoid the rush later on
Oh look we’re adding 1.5 trillion to the debt. I thought you guys said these guys were fiscal conservatives. Appears there are some angry Republican legislators because their states are getting shafted.
It's not a zero-sum game. Economic improvement can make up the difference.
Let's look at the track record shall we?

St. Ronald the president gave us the wealthy the biggest tax cut in history and had a recession. The economy recovered only after he raised taxes.

GHW Bush raised taxes and kicked off the explosive growth of the '90s that Clinton credit for.

GWB gave the savings that had accrued during the Clinton years away to the donor class in, you guessed it, another tax cut. The economy stagnated and then imploded.

Fortunately for the economy it looks like this tax cut is going the way of repeal and replace.
By fonewear 2017-11-02 15:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
start crying about it now and avoid the rush later on
Oh look we’re adding 1.5 trillion to the debt. I thought you guys said these guys were fiscal conservatives. Appears there are some angry Republican legislators because their states are getting shafted.
It's not a zero-sum game. Economic improvement can make up the difference.
Let's look at the track record shall we?

St. Ronald the president gave us the wealthy the biggest tax cut in history and had a recession. The economy recovered only after he raised taxes.

GHW Bush raised taxes and kicked off the explosive growth of the '90s that Clinton credit for.

GWB gave the savings that had accrued during the Clinton years away to the donor class in, you guessed it, another tax cut. The economy stagnated and then imploded.

Fortunately for the economy it looks like this tax cut is going the way of repeal and replace.

Let's not !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-02 15:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti you are living in the past man ! It isn't 1962 anymore !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-02 15:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

By Nausi 2017-11-02 15:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Libs having another bad day as Trump's tax plan comes out and gives everyone a break. Shoring up their good ol lie about "trickle down economics never worked" is a harder and harder job for them every day.

Secondly they're peddling the lie that this will forever add to the debt, which is only true if you refuse to consider the dynamic increases in tax revenue that will be achieved once the cuts go into effect.

Finally, Donna Brazil flips on Hillary (what's this about). I can't decide to what degree they're legitimately throwing her overboard. I'd like to say that they've finally realized what a liability she is refusing to get over her loss and with her being the most corupt swamp creature ever, but I'm fairly certain she could have them all killed with a 20 second phone call.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-02 16:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So Trump says to Hillary:

Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-02 16:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoring up their good ol lie about "trickle down economics never worked" is a harder and harder job for them every day.

Well it does and it doesn't. It's a very bad line because it doesn't really address what's going on. Giving money to wealthy people doesn't add ***to the economy, reducing business expenses does add to the economy. Leftists tend to group those two entities together, furthermore they label anyone making over $100K a year as "wealthy", without realizing their talking to the professional middle class and not the wealthy. Right now the middle class pays a disproportionate amount in taxes, the lower class's pay nearly nothing and when benefits are taken into account they are tax negative. The wealthy class pays as ***ton in taxes but even that is a small portion of their total wealth because they functionally operate under a different set of economic rules then everyone else.

I'll illustrate.

Person A is a lower class wage worker who's primary income is from their working wage and primary wealth is their car and house.

Person B is a middle class worker who's primary income is their working wage and primary wealth is car, home and a retirement account.

Person C is a wealthy business owner who's primary income is the profits from their business combined with passive income from investments.

In the first two cases the primary form of wealthy was in consumer possessions. In the last the wealth is in their ownership interests in business's and investments. Those serve to be economic drivers that enable consumers to enter the free market. That wealth is static and can only be tapped if the owner sells their interests and then they pay taxes on the profits from the sale. Enabling their business's to act more freely and invest more into the market will drive an economic benefit.
By Zerowone 2017-11-02 18:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this new tax plan, anything less than 450k/yr is low-middle income. Fuzzy maths.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-11-02 19:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Libs having another bad day
Called it.

Get new material, dude.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-02 20:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this new tax plan, anything less than 450k/yr is low-middle income. Fuzzy maths.

WTF are you talking about?

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-tax-plan-how-it-affects-you-4113968

Dude we know you hate anything from President Trump, but actually read stuff before you comment. Especially if your source of info is CNN, Slate or Mother Jones.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-02 20:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/358449-trumps-tax-plan-is-out-and-low-income-americans-are-the-winners

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/358399-first-details-emerge-of-gops-sweeping-tax-bill

Low middle class made out the best with the middle class doing well and the minimal pay class still doesn't pay taxes.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-11-02 22:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

"Papa" John Schnatter is blaming his 1% rise in sales on the NFL protests. (5.5% was apparently expected)

I dunno about the other people not buying from Papa John's, but we don't buy from there because 1. Other places are cheaper and better and 2. *Grabs megaphone* HE'S THE CEO OF A MOTHERFUCKING PIZZA CHAIN WHO TRIES TO PUSH HIS OWN POLITICAL BELIEFS WITH PIZZA he also comes off as a slime ball.

I don't quite get people who see celebrities say something political and they instantly hate them but I also don't get people like John Schnatter who like to push their political views and it never crosses their mind that "Oh, maybe I'm sort of alienating some of my customers, I might lose sales for that."
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-02 23:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What does Papa Johns do with politics? We order them all the time and I've never seen or heard anything remotely political about it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-11-02 23:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
What does Papa Johns do with politics? We order them all the time and I've never seen or heard anything remotely political about it.
That's exactly my point. I don't know why he gets interviewed on political topics.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-11-03 00:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This week on "Why Do You Only Care About This Just Now?", after months of public figures staging left-wing protests, Kojo decides that the only one to get mad at is the CEO of a pizza chain who is concerned about how said protests are affecting his sales.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-11-03 01:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF are you talking about?

Quote:
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/358425-read-the-house-gops-429-page-tax-bill

Page 18:
RATE THRESHOLDS DEFINED
.—For purposes of this subsection—

B) 20-PERCENT RATE THRESHOLD

The 20-percent rate threshold shall be—

(i) in the case of a joint return or surviving spouse, $479,000 1/2 such amount in the case of a married individual filing a separate return

Page 19

(ii) in the case of an individual who
is the head of a household (as defined in section 2(b)), $452,400,

(iii) in the case of any other individual (other than an estate or trust), $425,800, and

(iv) in the case of an estate or trust,
$12,700

You should make a real effort to read the plan. Not posting opinion editorials in place of factual source.

That’s how good sourcing works. It's also what people who think for themselves do.

Low middle class made out the best with the middle class doing well and the minimal pay class still doesn't pay taxes.

Interesting. From the article you linked:

Quote:

Trump's tax reform plan would help the wealthy more than the middle class. Once all the deductions and exemptions are factored in, the poorest fifth of the population receives a tax break of 0.5 percent to 0.2 percent. They were better off under Trump's Five-Part Plan, where they received a 0.6 percent boost.

The tax break improves for each income level. The top 1 percent would get an 8.5 percent break. That's better for them than Trump's Five-Part plan, which gave a 6.5 percent break. This favoritism to the wealthy is why Trump's tax plan increases the debt so much. The most affluent Americans contribute the lion's share to total tax revenues.

More than a third of taxpayers already have incomes that fall below their standard deduction and personal exemptions. They wouldn't benefit at all from the Framework plan, according to New York University law professor Lily Batchelder.

The Framework hurts parents of school-age children because they lose the personal exemption for each child. That means almost 10 million parents will see their taxes increase.

The Framework doesn't mention the head of household filing status. But Trump's earlier plan eliminated it. That would hurt single-parent families.

Will Trump's Tax Cuts Work?

The administration is relying on supply-side economics. That theory advocates giving tax cuts to businesses so they can create jobs. It worked during the Reagan administration because the highest tax rate was 70 percent. According to the Laffer Curve, that's in the prohibitive range. That's when taxes are high enough that cuts can boost the economy out of debt. But the 2017 tax rates are half what they were in the 1980s. For that reason, trickle-down economics no longer works.

No matter how low taxes are, corporations won't add jobs to build products until they see demand for them. That's why it makes economic sense to give the most significant tax cuts to the poor and middle class. They are more likely to spend every dollar they get. The wealthy use tax cuts to save or invest. It helps the stock market but doesn't drive demand. Once demand is there, then businesses create jobs to meet it. That's the best way for tax cuts to create jobs.

Intriguing since you were just advocating supply side economics.

Dude we know you hate anything from Zerowone, but actually read stuff before you comment. Consider applying that advice to things you source too.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-11-03 01:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You been living in a bubble for the last 8 years or so? He was a huge vocal opponent of the ACA because it would bankrupt him or something. Even though somebody mathed it out and came up with the figure of raising his pizzas 25 cents would healthcare for his workers.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-11-03 04:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This week on "Why Do You Only Care About This Just Now?", after months of public figures staging left-wing protests, Kojo decides that the only one to get mad at is the CEO of a pizza chain who is concerned about how said protests are affecting his sales.
You miss the point. I had a more detailed post typed out but trying to get one of you guys to understand logic is a waste of time.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-11-03 04:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
You been living in a bubble for the last 8 years or so? He was a huge vocal opponent of the ACA because it would bankrupt him or something. Even though somebody mathed it out and came up with the figure of raising his pizzas 25 cents would healthcare for his workers.
It was something like that or he was found to be lying entirely. It seems like at one point someone mathed out that the ACA would actually save him money but I could be misremembering.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 111 112 113