July Update Confirms Haste II; A Great Return?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » July Update confirms Haste II; a great return?
July Update confirms Haste II; a great return?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-23 05:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
34 skill really wouldn't be difficult to make up for, meva- might do that by itself. Anyway, I digress.
104, SCH gets bumped up to 404 under Dark Arts.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-23 05:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Alacrity hasn't got much to do with it since RDM will have a much easier time capping recast time without it, but the low dark magic skill still sucks. That said, on anything you actually stun, I doubt it'd be much of an issue these days. Tojil/Muyingwa/Dakuwaqa all die so fast that you should never come remotely close to stun wall anyway.
I still would stand by Alacrity, Bee especially seems to have a higher TP frequency than Shark or Tojil. As for dark magic skill, just had a quick ponder and RDM will have a base of 300 skill before you factor in merits/gear, that's really just terrible and the only saving grace for RDM is that due to how much easier it is to cap recast they can load a lot more MAcc/Dark Skill gear but it's still a horribly low start point.

EDIT: Ninja EDIT, sorry got my values massively wrong.

RDM can stun just fine, but has more strict gear requirements then SCH. You really can't go subpar with gear, need a 119 club/staff and solid Magic Acc gear along. The good part is that RDM has access to a ton of gear with large quantities of Fast Cast and Haste, makes capping recast easy. Shark, Bee and Tojil all use a TP move every 11~13s, it's very predictable. What gets people on Shark isn't more TP moves, it's stun being eaten by blinks when aura is up. RDM can also cast one spell in-between stuns by virtue of it's insane fast cast and not needing to use a JA in between stuns.

Haste II looks interesting in that it gives a larger margin of error or possibly blocking Slowga. Have long since lost count on the number of times a BRD has let march's fall after their death pull.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-23 05:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Muyingwa certainly uses TP moves faster than Dakuwaqa/Tojil. While rare, they can be as quick as 6 seconds between each other, but 8 or 9 seconds isn't too uncommon.

Also, SCH can cast between stuns on Tojil/Dakuwaqa also. I usually throw in a Thunder III or Thunder IV on Dakuwaqa. Stun recast is 9 seconds after all; couldn't stun a move happening during that nuke even if you wanted to (not that that usually ever happens).

But anyway, if RDM can get a 9 or 10 second stun recast without an Apamajas II (119 weapon with high macc obviously), then I agree that RDM can do just fine stunning. We don't bring a COR usually to Delve 1 so the extra defense down from Dia III is welcome as well, and soon to be evasion down.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-23 06:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But anyway, if RDM can get a 9 or 10 second stun recast without an Apamajas II (119 weapon with high macc obviously), then I agree that RDM can do just fine stunning. We don't bring a COR usually to Delve 1 so the extra defense down from Dia III is welcome as well, and soon to be evasion down.

I've seen that behavior too and I'm positive it's a glitch in their AI that can sometimes cause them to spam TP moves. We've seen Tojil do three Lahar's all ~6s apart from each other, then go back to his regular ~11s in between. It seems completely random but it's very noticeable when it does happen.

RDM can easily get a 9s recast on stun. 30% native FC along with gear like 119 AF head and 119 Relic body make hitting the 20% floor simple. Magic Accuracy is where your going to take a hit, 100 less skill then a SCH means you need a 119 staff/club (I use Venabulum with a Mephtis grip) along with some magic acc gear.

RDM isn't better then SCH, but it is sufficient to do the job and honestly that's all you need.

On a side note. Can you use separate precast and midcast sets for stun in gearswap? I remember that being difficult in spellcast due to how fast stun's cast become.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-06-23 06:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
On a side note. Can you use separate precast and midcast sets for stun in gearswap? I remember that being difficult in spellcast due to how fast stun's cast become.
Gearswap is able to swap your gear even on quickcast procs from what I've ever seen so I'd assume it's able to do the same for Stun.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-23 06:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Gearswap is able to swap your gear even on quickcast procs from what I've ever seen so I'd assume it's able to do the same for Stun.

Thanks, then my gear sets got even better. Before I was using a precast that had some magic acc in it and was difficult to hit 256/1024 gear haste while retaining all my magic acc gear. If I can separate them on super fast casting spells then it becomes trivial to cap FC/Haste in precast and load up on stupid amounts of Magic Acc in midcast (my Hag hands have +27 magic acc augment).
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-23 06:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastcast/Haste's recast reduction is applied in the midcast, though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-23 06:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If I can separate them on super fast casting spells then it becomes trivial to cap FC/Haste in precast and load up on stupid amounts of Magic Acc in midcast (my Hag hands have +27 magic acc augment).

Fast Cast in Precast sets only lowers your casting speed. Haste in Precast sets does nothing.

To lower your recast, you need to have Fast Cast/Haste/Spell Reduction gear equipped in midcast/when spell goes off.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-23 06:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo Vali,

got anything else to say?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-23 08:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Fastcast/Haste's recast reduction is applied in the midcast, though.

Dammit I was hoping to avoid that problem. Oh well just means I have slightly less macc.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-23 08:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
For you that might be bringing PUP to Tojil and scraping by with the win in 44 minutes. For others it might be spamming Tojil in ~25 minutes with the most optimal setup.

There's no way you'd spend 44 min on Tojil with PUP though! From what I've seen most of the DD job can do sub 25 min run np, and that's before WS update.

We have done it with MNK, BLU and RUN as the DDs. Beat it in under 30m.

Seriously people are WAY overestimating the bar for victory. Just about any group of semi competent players can win. BRD WHM and a stunner are the only real requirements and only WHM because you need aoe cures for the MB. Would be interesting to see how powerful GEO haste is as the biggest reason for BRD is how broken double marches are.
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
Server: Leviathan
user: Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2014-06-23 10:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeeelp, I'm excited
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-23 10:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Sooo Vali,
got anything else to say?

About? it's all novelty stuff, not that I really care. Haste II by itself was/still will be useless.

But the other stuff is kinda neat. I don't see rdm taking any spots though. Flurry is cool and all but I'd rather have a corsair. EVA- is nifty but I'd rather have a corsair.

RDM isn't going to take the party slot of a whm brd or cor. It'll get a nod in an alliance for delve, and that's it.

I have a hard enough time finding a whm/sch that will even haste me without asking every time, let alone expecting someone on rdm to keep flurry up on me.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-23 10:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
But the other stuff is kinda neat. I don't see rdm taking any spots though. Flurry is cool and all but I'd rather have a corsair. EVA- is nifty but I'd rather have a corsair.

RDM isn't going to take the party slot of a whm brd or cor. It'll get a nod in an alliance for delve, and that's it.

Rdm will at the very least take whm spot in rng setup bcnm/delve(unless for w/e reason flurry doesn't stack with coursers).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-23 10:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a hard enough time finding a whm/sch that will even haste me without asking every time, let alone expecting someone on rdm to keep flurry up on me.

And flurry might/probably lower tp per hit, like blitzers roll. And/or won't stack with Coursers.

I mean it's square we're talking about here, you don't actually think there will be all positives and no trade-offs/downsides.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-23 10:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And flurry might/probably lower tp per hit, like blitzers roll. And/or won't stack with Coursers.

I mean it's square we're talking about here, you don't actually think there will be all positives and no trade-offs/downsides.
While I obviously don't know for sure, it definitely sounds like a snapshot effect.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-23 10:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Flurry in Nyzul Isle never tampered with tp gain. If it does, it would be akin to lowering the delay on your weapons, instead of decreasing delay between attacks.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-23 10:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There won't be downside; there is no case of roll not stacking with other buff/debuff as far as I know, all the past buff update have been awesome/mostly welcomed I don't expect that to change.

And "people suck and can't keep me hasted" isn't a good argument to why you wouldn't want a rdm over a whm on rng setup.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-23 10:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT;
If rdm gets a slot back, hurray for rdm, not gonna hold my breath waiting for the obvious let down.

I thought I cared, I was wrong. I don't. <I'm not up for it.>
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-23 18:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
There won't be downside; there is no case of roll not stacking with other buff/debuff as far as I know, all the past buff update have been awesome/mostly welcomed I don't expect that to change.

And "people suck and can't keep me hasted" isn't a good argument to why you wouldn't want a rdm over a whm on rng setup.

Yeah I can't really see any reason that would hold up RDM or SCH as the healer for typical PLD + RNG spam events. Solace cureskin is nice but no where close to being needed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-06-27 03:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Intrigued enough with the upcoming changes to build up RDM on my mule for dual-boxing. What should I be aiming for in terms of gearsets and merits? Haven't really touched the job since the level cap went beyond 75.
By Chyula 2014-06-28 17:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys reading it wrong, its like pdt II, blood pact II. Haste II will break the cap by 3-5%.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-28 17:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That would make rdm a must for both melee setup and rng setup
By Pantafernando 2014-06-28 17:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
You guys reading it wrong, its like pdt II, blood pact II. Haste II will break the cap by 3-5%.

Cure II doesnt break any cap.
By wormfeeder 2014-07-08 07:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone acquired haste II yet or tested it out.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-07-08 08:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 30% haste, and can be bought from Adoulin Waterfront.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-08 08:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As expected corsair and whm got replaced for rng+pld setup fight.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-08 08:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
As expected corsair and whm got replaced for rng+pld setup fight.

inc "why brd over cor" debate.
By Xijaah 2014-07-08 09:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

and looks like flurry is much more relevant than anticipated
By wormfeeder 2014-07-08 09:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we will see more updates to jobs like this. some people don't want to lvl jobs just so they can get invites to Mega boss fights or the high tier battle fields. I bet they make all jobs relevant.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8