July Update Confirms Haste II; A Great Return?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » July Update confirms Haste II; a great return?
July Update confirms Haste II; a great return?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-09 11:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point? The cor isn't gonna outparse a good dd(can an average dd), but it's not 1/3 of a dd, it's much higher..+added damage to the party through extra buffs(and the possibility to use it /dnc without crippling someone else for it).
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-07-09 11:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really not sure how this started, but if the cor is competent then they have a spot. that hasn't changed since toau was released.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-09 12:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsair I play with must be bad, they never do 1/3 of my dmg on zone like yorcia.

They don't do 1/3 of good rng dm in D/VD dm neither. But it's good in Kamhir.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-09 12:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
people who say cor comes out about the same dps are being silly (or taking in really bad DDs), or corsair is an insanely OPed job that is being overlooked by everyone. If you compare a good cor against a DD, you need to compare it against a good DD, or compare a spreadsheet dps of an optimal cor vs a spreadsheet dps of an optimal DD.

It kinda depend on setup but IMO in melee setup it's kinda insanely OP after June update, especially on darksday with SCH in pt. I know this setup doesn't happen very often and GEO is probably more ideal than SCH, but SCH is still a viable job in yorcia with stun/strong nukes.

When both dark buffs are present WS avg can be push to 7~8k+ on NM like yorcia mandy or morta, without the need of chaos roll. That means 1 roll on COR can be changed to SAM and WS at much faster rate with OAT offhand, and it doesn't take risk from missed hit completely and lower the avg. I'm quite sure it's not exactly easy to avg 8k on mandy/morta on most other DD unless it's buffed to the teeth. At least I haven't pt with anyone that can hit 7k+ avg on T4/5 in yorcia unless they cheat with TP.

New ring +5 also pushed chaos roll avg to 40% attack boost instead of 25%, with highest being 56% attack boost if lucky, which is pretty big boost too.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That's the point? The cor isn't gonna outparse a good dd(can an average dd), but it's not 1/3 of a dd, it's much higher..+added damage to the party through extra buffs(and the possibility to use it /dnc without crippling someone else for it).

1/3 is wayyy too low lol, even 50% of another DD is very low. I've never pt with any DD that can do 3 times more dmg than COR unless there's death, or only parse on wopket. IF super pro DD can really do 3x more dmg than COR, It'd be 7 min yorcia run instead of 20, since your DD would be doing 3x more dmg than a 20 min yorcia pt. Can ppl really do 7 min yorcia run?

As for RNG setup, the gap between a COR and RNG is probably a lot higher. 2 RNG+1 COR> 3 RNG is based on spreadsheet, but if ppl don't believe in spreadsheet then I can't convince anyone.

In melee setup it's quite obvious that 2 DD+1 COR>3 DD unless fudo> fudo>light can outparse fudo>leaden salute>dark SC.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-09 12:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Corsair I play with must be bad, they never do 1/3 of my dmg on zone like yorcia.

All the DD I play with must be really bad, if you can do 300% more dmg than them!

I mean, I'm aware that not every DD is elite and certain DD parse low, but 3x more dmg without death is REALLY a biiiig gap, bigger than any elite v.s gimp I've seen.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-09 12:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »

All the DD I play with must be really bad, if you can do 300% more dmg than them!

I mean, I'm aware that not every DD is elite and certain DD parse low, but 3x more dmg without death is REALLY a biiiig gap, bigger than any elite v.s gimp I've seen.

I solo dd the zone in about 25min, when a cor try to do dmg all it do is slowing down the zone canceling my triple light.(if I remove add/T1 my sc damage often outdmg my koga sam)
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-07-09 14:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a ton of posts get removed or something? Really confused lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-09 14:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Whole site was rollbacked.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-10 08:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there's been a bunch of dickmeasuring in this thread, I didn't feel like trying to find it in that mess, is there a value for Haste II known now?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-10 08:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I know there's been a bunch of dickmeasuring in this thread, I didn't feel like trying to find it in that mess, is there a value for Haste II known now?

30%
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-10 22:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM is pretty destructive healer now for 6-man ***that doesn't have too much AoE healing. Haste II/Distract II/Dia III among other debuffs along with a BRD is really nice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-10 22:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So RDM is a far better mule than a sch now, slightly annoying to lose Regen V and perp, but for double the haste, sold.

That even makes it better than a bard mule now I guess... for soloing ***I've never been fond of putting up songs over and over and over.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-10 22:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
So RDM is a far better mule than a sch now, slightly annoying to lose Regen V and perp, but for double the haste, sold.

That even makes it better than a bard mule now I guess... for soloing ***I've never been fond of putting up songs over and over and over.
I wouldn't think it's better than brd. Brd/whm gets haste and marches. If you have a good brd and have 3-4 songs then you get a nice attack/acc boost as well. Brd isn't an amazing healer so if you need great healing then you may be better off but it's not terrible at it either.

Though I do admit I'm pretty biased as I'm a blu and I get Flutter so rdm's haste II is irrelevant.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-11 08:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed by SE
Quote:
Haste II gives 30% haste.
Flurry is a new spell that reduces ranged attack delay, and Flurry II also reduces ranged delay by 30%.

The effect for Distract II and Frazzle II will increase depending on how much MND and enfeebling magic skill you have. At the maximum, each spell will reduce physical evasion and magical damage, respectively, by 50.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-11 09:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All they did was split gravity II (which could already be landed on most relevant content easily) into 2 different effects. It really just frees up Gravity to be completely resisted by everything again and require saboteur be tied to Distract instead of being use for Slow or Para.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
Server: Bahamut
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-07-11 09:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
I just want to know if slowga overwrites Haste II cause that's one of the most annoying things ever. You have all the DD's hasted, then the NM lights off slowga and your stuck cycling sacrifice on all your DD's.
It overwrites flutter, so it's a safe bet it overwrites actual Haste II.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-11 09:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

erratic flutter doesn't appear to overwrite some forms of slow, much like haste 1 didn't, haven't tested haste 2 yet.
By Chyula 2014-07-11 09:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

so the new setup will be pld,rng,rng,cor,brd,rdm?, and gtfo WHM?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-11 10:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

depending on the target, yes. rdm is still going to come up short as main healer due to sub limitations depending on the target. no sacrifice, cureskin, mp savings from af3 legs and no light arts if you need stona. whm is still top dog healer for anything where dd's get hit hard or with bad debuffs.
By Chyula 2014-07-11 10:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
depending on the target, yes. rdm is still going to come up short as main healer due to sub limitations depending on the target. no sacrifice, cureskin, mp savings from af3 legs and no light arts if you need stona. whm is still top dog healer for anything where dd's get hit hard or with bad debuffs.

Do you even put any thought on that setup before replying?, Pld,rng,rng means you don't need curaga spam when the mob is only attacking the pld. mp saving you said?, oh ***if refresh II, Ballad, evoker can't keep the rdm's mp max I don't know what to said. the only clear benefit using a whm is sacrific in situation that /whm will not give you the ability to get rid some enfeeble.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-11 11:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

Do you even put any thought on who is the troll asking?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-11 11:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm mp isn't the biggest problem. They just can't cure as much and lack cureskin. Fights like AA EV would require a very lucky fight to be able to keep up with the damage spam.

Edit: I should note I am speaking of the VD version.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-11 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A RDM can't keep cures on a single PLD? How wreaked is the PLD getting? Geez.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-07-11 13:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM has Yagrush, RDM has DerpMurg. Enough said.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-11 13:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a Yagrush to only cure a paladin?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-11 13:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly you do!

Even for Elvaan you can get away without a whm, just ask the brd to cure too on incarnate in case the rdm is casting flurry II or something.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-11 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I joined a pick-up group (*shiver*) on my BRD alt and the WHM was just dicking around literally the entire time casting ***like Stoneskin, Blink and spamming enfeebles that never landed. Had to do pretty much all the curing myself. :/ It was scary when I had to resing. Lol. On the occasional times he actually *did* throw out a cure the PLD was already capped. /ramble
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-11 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

Do you even put any thought on that setup before replying?, Pld,rng,rng means you don't need curaga spam when the mob is only attacking the pld. mp saving you said?, oh ***if refresh II, Ballad, evoker can't keep the rdm's mp max I don't know what to said. the only clear benefit using a whm is sacrific in situation that /whm will not give you the ability to get rid some enfeeble.

Reread my post if you are having comprehension issues.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-11 15:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new spells a good rdm should be more efficient than whm on most skcnm20 fights and all AA fights. 1-5 delve whm might be safer though
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-11 15:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
With the new spells a good rdm should be more efficient than whm on most skcnm20 fights and all AA fights. 1-5 delve whm might be safer though
Difficult or higher fight im talking about
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8