July Update Confirms Haste II; A Great Return?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » July Update confirms Haste II; a great return?
July Update confirms Haste II; a great return?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Habs
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2014-06-20 14:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Unless Haste 2 works like cata haste, it's basically completely irrelevant, as is RDM as a whole.

Which is highly unfortunate coming from someone who was originally a RDM, and enjoyed it.

Cureskin is OP.
Regen V is OP.
RDM gets... enfeebles, weeeeeeeeeeee! Not.

My alt is always sch/rdm and gets all the benefits of main RDM.

can your sch/rdm cast dia 3 para 2 slow 2 gravity 2 phalanx 2 addle,or sub ninjar and get shadows weid a knife and sword or lol club?how about /blm and chainspell stun? can it kite?lol I think not :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-06-20 14:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There are things RDM NEED to heal difficult content properly:

Max enhancing durations (Af3x5 or x4+1 109 AF hands) to boost haste/refresh2 on others to 5~ mins

Dropping Composure (5 min recast) for using Cures otherwise you get a 25%+ to recast. Needs to be timed with enhancing others.

Sufficient FastCast+ for everything mainly -na's,Erase, and Cures. Not much -curecast I can think of outside pahtli cape.

+50% Potency Cures. Should put Cure IV around at least 850-900+.

This is how I see things as of now, we'll see what else besides Haste 2 is added for RDM.
By Ophannus 2014-06-20 14:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to see RDM get more spells that buff damage taken by party. Let WHM have aoe cures, sch can have cure over time, but rdm can and should reducing the healing needed by alliance members by nerfing damage output of mob+bolstering defenses. One step is letting Bio stack with Dia. -15% attack down was never weak, its quite a significant cut in damage for physical attacks and aoe physicals but since it doesnt stack, we just use dia. Another spell that cuts m.acc or m.attack by 15% similar to dia/bio would also aid(maybe a bonus to blind to make it -% instead of static). By nerfing an NM's attack, magic attack, accuracy, evasion and defense by 15-20% each, we could greatly lower its damage output and thus everyone requires less healing, so in a way it's like a heal. A spell that knocks a few ftp off a mob's tp moves would also help(could be a 20-30% decrease in tp/ws damage for the mob on top of what bio/blind do. Then they could enhance phalanxes for rdm to be -dt% or make a new spell that gives -dt% like a single target Barrier Tusk(-15% dt). Combined with the debuffs and moderate cures and /whm, i think rdm could be a feasible healer for everything but the hardest content(where sacrifice/buffed cursna and esuna are necessary)

Wouldnt make us the best by any means but would give rdm a niche healing role similar to how sch can easily main heal 6man fights with their 90/tick regens and aurora storm and accession/rapture cure iv's for 1600
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-20 15:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said: »
Unless Haste 2 works like cata haste, it's basically completely irrelevant, as is RDM as a whole.

Which is highly unfortunate coming from someone who was originally a RDM, and enjoyed it.

Cureskin is OP.
Regen V is OP.
RDM gets... enfeebles, weeeeeeeeeeee! Not.

My alt is always sch/rdm and gets all the benefits of main RDM.

can your sch/rdm cast dia 3 para 2 slow 2 gravity 2 phalanx 2 addle,or sub ninjar and get shadows weid a knife and sword or lol club?how about /blm and chainspell stun? can it kite?lol I think not :p

None of those are relevant. Dia3 just makes something slightly faster than dia2, negated by lightshots. Para doesn't matter at all, be it para I or II, phalanx II is irrelevant, but yes sch/rdm gets accession phalanx, which is better. Slow II elegy and slow I and/or earth shots etc.

Mules generally don't melee, sword/club lolskill is 100% irrelevant to basically everything... it's job is to cast cure/haste/etc. CSS... haven't really seen that applied since 75 suzaku, 75 Dynamis-Xarcabard Cirrata Crystie (sp) or like 75 Ultima.

And if you need to kite something, you lost. Warp the hell out, and quit wasting the other peoples time and start over.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-20 15:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I can see rdm haste2 being able to cap magic haste with geo spell and make geo+rdm an usable choice over whm+brd.

I wish RDM haste2 can cap magic haste solo without GEO and BRD. Or else there's no real reason to bring 2 people instead of 1 for haste.
 Phoenix.Samenosuke
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Samenosuke 2014-06-20 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

People are still trashing rdm? lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-20 15:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Haste II will allow haste beyond the current cap...?
 Shiva.Catharyn
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Catharyn 2014-06-21 11:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does everything always have to be replaced with gamers? It feels very limited, like players lost all sense of just having fun and dynamics anymore.

Why can't rdm exist alongside other jobs? Why does it have to replace one in order to exist? I realize everything has it's "perfect setup" But that doesn't mean it's the only way things can work. But I guess thats the point, a guaranteed win, because anything less is unacceptable.

My most memorable fight that I've ever had in FFXI, was with a "subpar" (by technical definition to more elite players) equipped group of jobs fighting promathia years ago before all the uncaps. We fought tooth and nail and after a tense struggle and 4 losses, we finally scraped a win with just my monk and Prishe left standing with red HP and weakened status, the whm had just died after raising Prishe at the same time I reraised again. It was fantastic^^ (I wish I had it recorded ;; )

But anyway... Players don't want that anymore, they want to win or not bother at all. It feels saddening to me ;;

Personally, I find rdm to be outstanding, I drag it everywhere now, instead of swapping between whm, blm, and sch, i just throw on my red suit and go ^^ I wish I had leveled it a lot sooner ;;

I can't wait to see what the new update brings to RDM, I'm just scared the prices of new spells will be astronomical. ;; Though I suppose everything is at first, but staying there is the fear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-21 11:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Catharyn said: »
Why does everything always have to be replaced with gamers? It feels very limited, like players lost all sense of just having fun and dynamics anymore.

What it comes down to is efficiency. What is the most efficient, everything else is unimportant/doesn't exist. Until you start taking substandard and it becomes the norm, or someone magiks a new way to be more efficient.

Who plays for fun, this ***is a job. I've got so many obligations, chores, requirements, and MUST DO DAILY's... yeah, it's a job. And you could say well, don't do them, but that's inefficient. And when I don't do said thing, I know, I just lost out on 2m gil, 5m gil, lost a day on my next relic, etc.
 Shiva.Catharyn
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Catharyn 2014-06-21 12:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Who plays for fun, this ***is a job. I've got so many obligations, chores, requirements, and MUST DO DAILY's... yeah, it's a job. And you could say well, don't do them, but that's inefficient. And when I don't do said thing, I know, I just lost out on 2m gil, 5m gil, lost a day on my next relic, etc.

I play for fun, though judging by some of the posts on these forums, I'm likely one of the last people who does. I care little about efficiency or even losing, as long as we're having fun, because we likely had fun getting there, so doing it again might yield the same^^ (Esp when it's all done with someone I love)

A week ago my partner and I fought kirin with my pup, and rdm, and her blm. My pup got plastered by his magical skills the first time because I wasn't using much magic defense (Stone V for 1200, whirlwinds for 600), she was nuking more and curing less. The death was annoying and fun at the same time, we lost a pop set, but we reminded me of the old days of kirin fights and it was kind of funny (though i felt horrible) seeing her get slapped around because she was only Lv 77, and then he came for my 80 some rdm, so for fun I ran her around with him, byakko, and genbu chasing her, it was awesome ^^

There's no other reason to play any game then for fun (unless I guess you're getting paid for it like professional tournaments). That's the entire reason for gaming. If it isn't for fun anymore and it becomes a job, then that means you have 2 jobs, and one is making you pay them.

Yes, not doing something means you lose a day, but a day comes again. Fun things may not. I need to make a relic bow, gun, and if I take pld far enough, sword and shield, and I've not even started on any of them, or even my mythic weapon, but that's ok because i'm having fun with other things in game^^

Not everything in life can be fun thats true, but it that doesn't mean the aspects we can control, should be the same as the ones we can't. Life is too short, and precious.

I guess one could argue about the death of FFXI depending on how much you believe it maybe sooner rather then later, so get it all done now, kind of thing. But when FFXI does shut down some day (Nothing lasts forever, all things must end eventually), my happiness and memories won't be based on how many relics or mythics I built, or how much endgame stuff i completed, but how much fun I had with my family and friends while it was alive. And so far, I have a lot of wonderful memories.

You're welcome to feel how you do, it's your feelings, but why can't things be more casual? Is the super seriousness, a playerbase thing, or a personal one? Or the latter that grew into the former.
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-06-21 12:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Letting dia and bio stack(mobs version can stack on us) would be cool. Rdm is one the few jobs i have fun bringing to older content like adl farming or abyssea because we're like gods in those events. Slap on /dnc haste, temper, enspell, can self cure, nuke, crowd control, debuff etc.

Doubt haste2 will be more than 20-30% haste and will not surpass cap because that would be gamebreaking. Also a boon that haste 2 will have is it will overwrite powerful slow2 effects that before required an erase+haste.
 Phoenix.Samenosuke
By Phoenix.Samenosuke 2014-06-21 12:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM!!!!!
By Xijaah 2014-06-21 12:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I play for fun, though judging by some of the posts on these forums, I'm likely one of the last people who does. I care little about efficiency or even losing, as long as we're having fun, because we likely had fun getting there, so doing it again might yield the same^^ (Esp when it's all done with someone I love)

A week ago my partner and I fought kirin with my pup, and rdm, and her blm. My pup got plastered by his magical skills the first time because I wasn't using much magic defense (Stone V for 1200, whirlwinds for 600), she was nuking more and curing less. The death was annoying and fun at the same time, we lost a pop set, but we reminded me of the old days of kirin fights and it was kind of funny (though i felt horrible) seeing her get slapped around because she was only Lv 77, and then he came for my 80 some rdm, so for fun I ran her around with him, byakko, and genbu chasing her, it was awesome ^^

There's no other reason to play any game then for fun (unless I guess you're getting paid for it like professional tournaments). That's the entire reason for gaming. If it isn't for fun anymore and it becomes a job, then that means you have 2 jobs, and one is making you pay them.

Yes, not doing something means you lose a day, but a day comes again. Fun things may not. I need to make a relic bow, gun, and if I take pld far enough, sword and shield, and I've not even started on any of them, or even my mythic weapon, but that's ok because i'm having fun with other things in game^^

Not everything in life can be fun thats true, but it that doesn't mean the aspects we can control, should be the same as the ones we can't. Life is too short, and precious.

I guess one could argue about the death of FFXI depending on how much you believe it maybe sooner rather then later, so get it all done now, kind of thing. But when FFXI does shut down some day (Nothing lasts forever, all things must end eventually), my happiness and memories won't be based on how many relics or mythics I built, or how much endgame stuff i completed, but how much fun I had with my family and friends while it was alive. And so far, I have a lot of wonderful memories.

You're welcome to feel how you do, it's your feelings, but why can't things be more casual? Is the super seriousness, a playerbase thing, or a personal one? Or the latter that grew into the former.

You got me emotional. Thank you.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-21 16:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Essay

You're massively overcomplicating what is a fairly simple issue.

Rdm doesn't deserve a spot in its current form, whether or not you can make it work in inferior setups is irrelevant since most groups will opt not to.

If you draw a sense of fun from playing rdm then you won't find it fun changing to other jobs or being sidelined. You also go on to describe what you personally find fun, so irrelevant to the discussion.

Some of your remarks sound like they're straight out of a fortune cookie.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-22 00:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What it comes down to is efficiency. What is the most efficient, everything else is unimportant/doesn't exist. Until you start taking substandard and it becomes the norm, or someone magiks a new way to be more efficient.

Incorrect. The vast majority of players, the ones paying for the servers to run, are not forum posters looking to go from 95% to 99% win rates. If you feel this is a "job", you need to disable your account and go do something else in the world, just to get a fresh new perspective on things. The people here, and on BG, tend to have an extremely myopic view due you surrounding yourselves with people who think like you do and derive their self value from how "bad-a$$" they are in a video game. That is not a very healthy mental state to be in and I suggest anyone who's that mindset to take a long break from the game.

Anyways the only thing that matters is deriving value from the game, usually as a source of entertainment. So if a group can get a RDM to work in whatever event they are doing, then good for them. This is really important because there are actual people behind these keyboards. Telling your friend "sorry jeff can't bring you to X event because this random other guy would be a better job" is a really sh!tty way to treat your friends. Go for the win, but also try to include your friends in on the fun, even if it means being slightly not-perfect, since that's the whole purpose of playing a game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-06-22 00:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd argue that those people who are casually playing for fun need to shout for the best they can even more so than the people who treat the game like a job. The latter could likely float a few people or a non-optimal set up and know enough to adjust the strat to the group.

But granted, I get it. My group is the definition of non-optimal and we have to play a bit rougher due to the jobs we like to play and often we can win anyway but a lot of the time, we end up having to level jobs or even split our group up just so we can pass certain content. I often see it as a challenge, but I admit that often times I'm quite jealous of standard groups after enough failures...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-22 00:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I'd argue that those people who are casually playing for fun need to shout for the best they can even more so than the people who treat the game like a job. The latter could likely float a few people or a non-optimal set up and know enough to adjust the strat to the group.

But granted, I get it. My group is the definition of non-optimal and we have to play a bit rougher due to the jobs we like to play and often we can win anyway but a lot of the time, we end up having to level jobs or even split our group up just so we can pass certain content. I often see it as a challenge, but I admit that often times I'm quite jealous of standard groups after enough failures...

The "elite FFXI is a job players" would never take a non-standard job to any event they do, "linkshell pride" and all that. Casual players tend to ally up and just beat their heads against the walls until they get a win, or end up being brought along by another group powerful enough to compensate. Which is something else I need to mention, right now there is pretty much zero "difficult" content in this game. Either you can beat it semi-easily (Tojil) or you can cheese your way through it (RNG spam). The worst you can expect is more "elite" groups raising the stats of the boss's (VD), but they just compensate with it by using better buffers and Annihilator RNG's. None of the fight mechanics change, its the exact same fight, only with bigger better buffs and more relic's.

Most of the casual players "failures" can be directly attributed to players not reading the starts and not coordinating between themselves. I've seen so many fail WHM's, BRD's, SCH's, RNG's and Oat MNK's that I don't even expect any level of competence anymore.

Seriously if your routinely failing events, then your support crew needs to practice working better / faster. Melees need to learn what an "Ohh sh!t" set is for and how to use it. And there needs to be a greater level of communication and coordination taking place.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2014-06-22 00:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

Incorrect. The vast majority of players, the ones paying for the servers to run, are not forum posters looking to go from 95% to 99% win rates. If you feel this is a "job", you need to disable your account and go do something else in the world, just to get a fresh new perspective on things. The people here, and on BG, tend to have an extremely myopic view due you surrounding yourselves with people who think like you do and derive their self value from how "bad-a$$" they are in a video game. That is not a very healthy mental state to be in and I suggest anyone who's that mindset to take a long break from the game.

Anyways the only thing that matters is deriving value from the game, usually as a source of entertainment. So if a group can get a RDM to work in whatever event they are doing, then good for them. This is really important because there are actual people behind these keyboards. Telling your friend "sorry jeff can't bring you to X event because this random other guy would be a better job" is a really sh!tty way to treat your friends. Go for the win, but also try to include your friends in on the fun, even if it means being slightly not-perfect, since that's the whole purpose of playing a game.

I think you're both right. There's nothing wrong with treating the game like a job, maybe that's that players way to have fun.

"Fun" is just too arbitrary of a term for most video games. "Rewarding experience" covers the situation far more completely. For you that might be bringing PUP to Tojil and scraping by with the win in 44 minutes. For others it might be spamming Tojil in ~25 minutes with the most optimal setup. For others maybe it just means they want to schedule their day around Dynamis/Salvage/VW so that they can get 119relics/myth/emps in the most timely manner.

In the end, the argument will probably always come down to "It's your $12.95."
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-22 01:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
For you that might be bringing PUP to Tojil and scraping by with the win in 44 minutes. For others it might be spamming Tojil in ~25 minutes with the most optimal setup.

There's no way you'd spend 44 min on Tojil with PUP though! From what I've seen most of the DD job can do sub 25 min run np, and that's before WS update.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-06-23 03:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, we know what we're getting now.

Quote:
[dev1217] Job Adjustments
Red Mage
The following spells will be added.
Haste II (Lv. 96, Recast time: 20 sec.)
Increases target's attack speed.
Distract (Lv. 35, Recast time: 10 sec.)
Reduces target's physical evasion.
Distract II (Lv. 85, Recast time: 10 sec.)
Reduces target's physical evasion.
Frazzle (Lv. 42, Recast time: 10 sec.)
Reduces target's magic evasion.
Frazzle II (Lv.92, Recast time: 10 sec.)
Flurry (Lv. 48, Recast time: 10 sec.)
Increases target's ranged attack speed.
Flurry II (Lv. 96, Recast time: 10 sec.)
Increases target's ranged attack speed.

Blue Mage
Blue mages will be capable of learning the following spells.
Erratic Flutter (Lv. 99, Recast time: 45 sec.)
Increases attack speed.
Thrashing Assault (Lv. 99, Recast time: 60 sec.)
Delivers a fourfold attack.
Subduction (Lv. 99, Recast time: 5 sec.)
Deals wind damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Weight.

Corsair

The phantom roll "Corsair's Roll" will affect capacity point gains.

Puppetmaster

Automatons equipped with the stormwaker head will be able to use Haste II.

Geomancer
The following spells will be added.
Indi-Haste (Lv. 93, Recast time: 12 sec.)
Increases attack speed for party members within range.
Geo-haste (Lv. 97, Recast time: 12 sec.)
Increases attack speed for party members within area of effect.
-----
If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1217] tag.

EVA Down that's not tied to gravity, MEVA Down, & Haste for Ranged Attacks. This makes me happy, depending on the resistance to these things this could make RDM a lot more useful in my opinion. I assume this won't make RDM optimum for anything probably, but it gives me more hope for my job, might even be able to melee on Very Difficult now! :D
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-23 03:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn straight. RDM just got a spot in RNG pts.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-23 03:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice; based on the potency buff we just got for COR/GEO I suspect SE might actually have a good feel for how appropriately strong to make these.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-06-23 03:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh btw, worth noting I figure but... WHM isn't mentioned, so I'm going to go ahead and guess WHM won't be getting Haste II or any of the other spells. Yay for RDM getting something more than just Gravity as a unique spell!
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-06-23 04:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

•Frazzle II (Lv.92, Recast time: 10 sec.)

so, if i'm good, RDM/BLM composure off, haste 2 on, can rep sch/blm for stun maybe ^^

Happy to see more spell coming.

{Flurry II} {can i have it} is coming now
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-23 04:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
•Frazzle II (Lv.92, Recast time: 10 sec.)

so, if i'm good, RDM/BLM composure off, haste 2 on, can rep sch/blm for stun maybe ^^

Happy to see more spell coming.

{Flurry II} {can i have it} is coming now
Can't see it myself, no Alacrity and low Dark Magic skill will make RDM hit the stun wall much faster than SCH.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-23 05:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alacrity hasn't got much to do with it since RDM will have a much easier time capping recast time without it, but the low dark magic skill still sucks. That said, on anything you actually stun, I doubt it'd be much of an issue these days. Tojil/Muyingwa/Dakuwaqa all die so fast that you should never come remotely close to stun wall anyway. Being able to toss Distract will be an asset too. We'll have to see how it all pans out.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-23 05:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Alacrity hasn't got much to do with it since RDM will have a much easier time capping recast time without it, but the low dark magic skill still sucks. That said, on anything you actually stun, I doubt it'd be much of an issue these days. Tojil/Muyingwa/Dakuwaqa all die so fast that you should never come remotely close to stun wall anyway.
I still would stand by Alacrity, Bee especially seems to have a higher TP frequency than Shark or Tojil. As for dark magic skill, just had a quick ponder and RDM will have a base of 300 skill before you factor in merits/gear, that's really just terrible and the only saving grace for RDM is that due to how much easier it is to cap recast they can load a lot more MAcc/Dark Skill gear but it's still a horribly low start point.

EDIT: Ninja EDIT, sorry got my values massively wrong.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-23 05:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage casts Distract *starts dancing naked around the enemy*
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-23 05:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

34 skill really wouldn't be difficult to make up for, meva- might do that by itself. Anyway, I digress.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8