Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 15:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao, so just to understand.... You wouldn't invite a monk hypothetically because.... They never ask to join, and if they did, you'd ask to see their gear... Tell me, why?

Also, you never invited my Monk to anything because I just started playing it two weeks ago, haven't finished spharai completely, and haven't done SR in over six months.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 15:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So exactly why are you contributing to this discussion in the first place (which is about MNK, current meta, and kill speed) if you do not care about Kill speed and overall Job dps? You of all people would have no reason to not include a monk. And if your only reason for not inviting a monk is because "None are available", then you should be pro-monk in any scenario, since kill speed doesn't matter. Right?
By Ruaumoko 2018-08-05 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I wasn't expecting to wake up to all this. I mean, I thought there'd be something but still.

Here goes. I would have done a few things differently in hindsight.

• I should have run Scoreboard, that was a mistake I admit.

• I should have presented three clips, adding one with MNK and a WAR/DRK/SAM at their Subtle Blow cap to show how they can work side-by-side.

• My reactions could have been better on RUN but this was kind of demonstrating my point about TP feed and absorb mechanics. That being, mistakes happen to the best of us and that this approach reduces that chance they will.

Also, I have absolutely no beef with Sae. I didn't go out of my way to make the video just to spite him. Thought I should clarify that tid-bit.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 15:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear the jokes write themselves.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 15:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not about to prove anything to you. Ruau just posted a video and it didn't prove anything for you. Troll, get outta here with your web of lies that you can't even get straight.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 15:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Regarding Kin:
1. I don't know any geared MNKs.
2. If I shout for DDs, as I have many times for Kin, a MNK has literally never replied anyway. Even if they did I would have to compare them to my other options and there is a 0% chance the OTHER DD is also going to be a NIN or MNK so it would not be worth it. If I DID have another NIN or MNK then I would have to see how well geared they are vs any other DD sending tells. I get tons of tells from DRKs when shouting, but prefer WAR and SAM to DRK personally.
3. Who said I wouldn't bring a MNK? I took your MNK in an SR run.

Why do you keep talking about your preference?

If you are kind of person who invite any DD that send tell when you shout, then the post wasn't direct toward you.

If you are kind of person who would shout for WAR SAM DRK and reject any other DD because they are weaker, then the video is aim to prove MNK could kill faster than above jobs because of mechanics.

It's either 1 or 2, I don't understand why there's even page and pages of argument about DD job choices on Kin.

Also 5 min with war war(one of the best DD in game) is still slower than 4:40 MNK NIN (2 of the worst DD in game), so the point still stands. NM Designs can screw DD hierarchy completely.

Are we really here now claiming only MNK NIN can kill in 4min 40sec? (I'm not the one bothered by kill speed but you are, so I will discuss on terms which you care about)

it's all about evidence, not about assumptions.

If there's another video showing 2 DD killing Kin in 2 min then sure, they are the best DD on Kin.

Until then, safe to assume MNK is faster choice.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-05 15:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

you are aware that video is sped up right? but it's a lot easier to do MNK + MNK.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 15:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

dude can't keep his lies straight. 100% of his posts have been straight up false, completely unrelated or off-main-topic, or just flat out lies.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-05 15:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i still don't see why if 3 minutes isn't a big enough deal on Kin to matter, why isn't it a problem on anything else, besides a select few fights?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-05 15:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
you are aware that video is sped up right? but it's a lot easier to do MNK + MNK.
Even easier to do it with RNGs or SMNs. Not a hard fight though.

Why are you so impressed by something which isn't going to change anything for anyone, anyway? There has to be more important examples than this. Right now Dynamis is the one event where time matters (more time = kill more stuff = more loot) and where deaths obviously slow down the same thing.
I'm not impressed by it at all. The one thing I am impressed by is how stupid a lot of you people are being. "MNK can't kill fast enough." and when a video pops up faster than another strat, "Kill speed doesn't matter anyways because it's an easy fight." So which is it? If kill speed doesn't matter here, why does it matter on most things, and why not go for the less chance at failure?
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-05 15:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That video has roughly 3:40 clear time if you watch the clock. But he popped MS at one point, so it can only prove WAR DRK kills faster with SP.

If you run through multiple Kin in 1 go SP may not be available, so the argument is still not valid.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 15:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

"Monk is ***."
"It can't do anything any other jobs can do better."
"It slows down the fights."
"The only reason to bring a monk is because you want to."

"Hey, here's a fight Monk can do better, with faster times!"

"Yeah, but it's only 3 minutes. Who cares? You still have 30+ left over, this changes nothing"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 15:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
dude can't keep his lies straight. 100% of his posts have been straight up false, completely unrelated or off-main-topic, or just flat out lies.
You were offered the chance to put your money where your mouth is so why not do it rather than keep bitching and crying? 100% of your posts have been HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I honestly think you have a reading disability of some sort. LIterally all of your posts have been ***, lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-05 15:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
i still don't see why if 3 minutes isn't a big enough deal on Kin to matter, why isn't it a problem on anything else, besides a select few fights?
Kin isn't much of a risk of killing anyone and you get there with 25+mins left easily. Keep Sarsaok or Old Shuck or any T2 or T3 alive for longer than you absolutely need to and the chances of dying increase exponentially. I think they are a good example of where time is more crucial than Kin, would you not agree?
Again, fairly easy content but no less relevant than Kin. Arguably moreso (aeonics).
it's almost like i mentioned there are situations where kill speed does matter.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-05 16:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You've already acknowledged and posted that I have never said anything about MNK not being able to kill fast enough
uh, no i didn't. you said:

who gives a ***if you can kill Kin 3 mins faster

which is funny, since that's the biggest hate on MNK, it's damage.

The only post I made was regarding ease of gearing hybrid DD/TP and the main reason is explained in plain English above.
I see no instance of this at all. All I see from you is that you prefer SAM or WAR, and no mention of a hybrid set anywhere.

Please see my previous post for what I think is a relevant example.
And again, I said most fights. There are fights where killing something faster is better, nobody is disagreeing there.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 16:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now Dynamis is the one event where time matters (more time = kill more stuff = more loot) and where deaths obviously slow down the same thing.

if you are aiming for more loot in dyna, you would BLU + THF burn it. So the argument about WAR DRK SAM isn't valid here either.
By Afania 2018-08-05 16:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if there is a language barrier here or something. I said that I have never said MNK is not able to kill fast enough. Saying that kill speed is irrelevant is not saying MNK can not kill fast enough. It is in support of the use of MNKs, if anything.

Ok, so you are pro-MNK. So does everyone else that you are arguing with. Then why are you here arguing 5 pages of stuff if you are pro-MNK?

The instance I refer to is that I play SAM and WAR, it is in a post a page back so I am not sure how you missed it.

you keep talking about your preferences, but like 100th time, your preference doesn't matter. Not one single poster here tell you to toss your WAR SAM gears to play MNK. Nobody care if you clear content with WAR or SAM or MNK or melee WHM. Why do you keep posting about what you like over and over again?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-05 16:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

can we just get a forumwide ban for this guy already, he seriously offers nothing of value and i'm not sure he even believes what he's trying to say at this point
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 363 364 365