There's really no point in making two STR Thokchas
[+]
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2013-04-18 15:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Haorhu said: »
i have coruscanti subligar hecatomb athos body so i dont need critical and just enjoy rudra storm in adoulin cause we are not capped crits on mobs and in abyysea atma cap your crit ... so useless again

you have no idea what you're talking about
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-18 15:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
There's really no point in making two STR Thokchas

^This. I personally end up with Thiefs/Oynos/DD Dagger in the second slot, so spending all that money on a STR Thokcha is just plowing tons of money for a pretty minimal, situational damage increase.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-18 16:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I can solo CC with DD daggers and kill three of them by the time you killed two.

You don't need AGI daggers in Abyssea, if you was going to use it anywhere, it would be in Seekers where you don't have temps and every single hit from a mob is like being hit by a truck.

Anyway, I would rather solo CC on BST, I can just sit on the bridge and drink my tea.
You see, when I first made an AGI thokcha, I said I used one, and I got the response by the community for using one, that I am giving to you now. They told me that using an AGI thokcha is useless because I should focus on actually killing the thing, because the atmas and natural evasion of thf is decent enough in Abyssea. By putting on AGI daggers, you just prolong the fight, meaning you end up taking as much damage anyway due to taking longer.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-18 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I can solo CC with DD daggers and kill three of them by the time you killed two.

You don't need AGI daggers in Abyssea, if you was going to use it anywhere, it would be in Seekers where you don't have temps and every single hit from a mob is like being hit by a truck.

Anyway,. I would rather solo CC on BST, I can just sit on the bridge and drink my tea.
Charmga, Charmga everywhere. DD knives only if you're solo and there's no one else in range that you'd end up raping.

If you are duo, then you just run in the other direction of your mage before a TP move, therefore negating charm. I watched a THF solo CC on youtube the other week, and there is absolutely no reason to use AGI thokcha on such a weak NM.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2013-04-18 16:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

(that was probably Josiah)
(if it wasn't then whoops)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-18 16:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A THF solo in abyssea, for anything that does not charm, usually ends up being a zerg. Whether its Tunga or Ironclad in Uleguerand, you need all the temps you can get, then zerg the hell out of it with Evisceration. This includes having DD daggers, and having extra evasion does not help because you have temps to negate physical damage, and if any damage does get through, you have potions.

Now if you was pulling for a Dynamis Linkshell back in the day, and you are getting chased by ten quadevs, having two AGI Thokchas for that is logical, but you don't get instances nowadays where a THF actually kites around multiple mobs at a time, so its a dead situation, like Joshiahkf said,

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-18 16:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Agi thokcha's arent really necessary.

ItemSet 295411

Has enough evasion for most things.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2013-04-19 13:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So we got RR and GH atmas yesterday in one go, first Evisc I did with them on was over 4500 damage... where has this been all my life? :)

Thanks again for all the advice, much appreciated!
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-04-19 13:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats.

Now work on Atmacites of Furtherance and Atmacites of Merit. There are more than one, and they are all incredibly important.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-04-29 13:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 298996

makes ya wonder'
By Chinzu 2013-04-30 07:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Before :: Melee DPS::80.821
ItemSet 298919

After :: Melee DPS::90.211
ItemSet 298920

I'm still new to the spreedsheet. I have it set to Bukhis 0% DEF Down - No Food - THF/DNC - Haste - Thokcha(AGI)

Curious if my math is correct or something i am doing wrong. Any comments will be helpful.

Thank you.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-30 07:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really your math but the spreadsheets'. It makes sense that stacking dex and str on a higher level target would be better than not having it. Beyond that I'm not really sure what you're asking.
 Siren.Chinzu
Server: Siren
user: Chinzu
By Siren.Chinzu 2013-04-30 08:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mainly if I'm using it correctly. Any tips or anything i should know about using the spreedsheet correctly? Seems easy enough, nothing to hard about it but still trying to understand it a little more. Do understand what your saying about ACC/ATK point of view. Would there any improvement outside of NNI/Salvage/Hexed group? Also
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-30 08:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like you're using it correctly. I wouldn't rely necessarily on the exact values people put out because of race or food or whatever but general trends seem to work. There's gear from the current Wildskeeper Reive nm's you could work towards and most of it is found here - http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36654/for-the-shinies-a-guide-for-thief/#2251014
 Siren.Chinzu
By Siren.Chinzu 2013-04-30 09:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Still trying to get use to these Reive stuff. Only been doing Colonization Reive. Not sure yet on how to do other Reive yet or if it is solo able.

Also thank you for the reply.
By Dmoney 2013-04-30 10:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not the best with spreadsheets so I've been wondering if anyone has put in or tested how Thurandaut body/head , brego hands , thaumas legs, athos boots twilight belt for 25haste+ DW from head . Or if what I've been using for tp is better .

Current; AF3+2 head, Thaumas body,hands,legs,feet with Mandau main/Twashtar offhand and other normal setup raider boomerang , supp/brutaul earring. Raja/epona ring, atheling mantle, twilight belt, and wirve neck augment crit hit+2 subtleblow3. Just wanna know which would come ahead in dps before I bother spending/wasting the bayld for a chance the extra DW on head would be worth all the gear changes to hit haste cap and use DW head.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-04-30 15:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

In the above situation: Bukhis with 0 DEF down, /DNC, no haste, no food: yes, your second set comes out ahead. The important thing is to ask why, not that it does (especially since the situation is so entirely ridiculous to begin with), even if you're just making sure you're using the excel correctly. There are several reasons why the set comes out ahead:

1. Your fSTR is pretty much complete garbage. You can check this under the "Data" tab, which will break down your vital stats between each set. Add in a 1 next to Abyssea, and it will cap you because Cruor buffs give you STR, and I hope you're not one of those people who claim getting buffs in Abyssea is cheating.

2. Your dDEX is hitting the sweet spot in the second set. Gearing towards dDEX has never been a very good thing, though; instead it's good to aim towards gear that is strong for general DPS but also happens to have a nice boost to DEX. And unless it's on Dynamis DC and you love to farm currency, I never rely on hitting the sweet spot to say that one set is better than the other. Changing Abyssea to 1 will again cap this, even without atmas.

3. You have no haste. Your base haste naked, then, is 0%, and your base DW is 25%. Both of these values are independent increasing returns, meaning the more haste or DW you have, the better more haste and DW will be for your DPS, respectively. If you really never play with haste, then DW gear may start to edge out (depending on the rest of the gear's stats).

4. You're looking at melee DPS. You have to look at overall DPS. Why? Because DA, TA, and QA serve to increase weapon skill frequency, which is not something you can gauge if you're only looking at your melee damage. Overall DPS will include WS damage and frequency in the equation.

All these things give a very strong bias against the first set when, in practicality, it is much better (although vast improvements can be made, as outlined in the link Decimus provided).

So if you want to fight Bukhis with no cruor buffs, atmas, food, or haste, on DNC sub without using Box step, and without using weaponskills, then yeah you're using the excel "correctly."
 Siren.Chinzu
By Siren.Chinzu 2013-05-02 02:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
In the above situation: Bukhis with 0 DEF down, /DNC, no haste, no food: yes, your second set comes out ahead. The important thing is to ask why, not that it does (especially since the situation is so entirely ridiculous to begin with), even if you're just making sure you're using the excel correctly. There are several reasons why the set comes out ahead:

1. Your fSTR is pretty much complete garbage. You can check this under the "Data" tab, which will break down your vital stats between each set. Add in a 1 next to Abyssea, and it will cap you because Cruor buffs give you STR, and I hope you're not one of those people who claim getting buffs in Abyssea is cheating.

2. Your dDEX is hitting the sweet spot in the second set. Gearing towards dDEX has never been a very good thing, though; instead it's good to aim towards gear that is strong for general DPS but also happens to have a nice boost to DEX. And unless it's on Dynamis DC and you love to farm currency, I never rely on hitting the sweet spot to say that one set is better than the other. Changing Abyssea to 1 will again cap this, even without atmas.

3. You have no haste. Your base haste naked, then, is 0%, and your base DW is 25%. Both of these values are independent increasing returns, meaning the more haste or DW you have, the better more haste and DW will be for your DPS, respectively. If you really never play with haste, then DW gear may start to edge out (depending on the rest of the gear's stats).

4. You're looking at melee DPS. You have to look at overall DPS. Why? Because DA, TA, and QA serve to increase weapon skill frequency, which is not something you can gauge if you're only looking at your melee damage. Overall DPS will include WS damage and frequency in the equation.

All these things give a very strong bias against the first set when, in practicality, it is much better (although vast improvements can be made, as outlined in the link Decimus provided).

So if you want to fight Bukhis with no cruor buffs, atmas, food, or haste, on DNC sub without using Box step, and without using weaponskills, then yeah you're using the excel "correctly."

Okay i understand what your saying. Yeah the situation seems dum. Another question then, on spreedsheet, how would you know if your attack would be cap? I'm sorry again, not very good at explaining thing or even asking the right questions.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-02 02:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped attack is the cRatio value. For mobs without level correction (new Adoulin mobs, Chapuli 100/102), or that are lower level than you are (eg: Dynamis DC), this value has a max of 2.25. For mobs with level correction that are higher than you are, it's -0.05 per level (eg: Pil is level 110, so 11 levels higher than you are; it's -0.55, though in the recent patch that actually got adjusted so that it's only -0.50 now; need to fix the spreadsheets for that).

So, go to the Data page and look for the cRatio line (line 66 on the Thf2 spreadsheet). If cRatio is 2.25, or a hard value corresponding to the level of the mob you're fighting, you're at capped attack.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9