THF Gear Advice
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ragnarok.Lenneth
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lenneth
By Ragnarok.Lenneth 2012-04-12 10:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

TH applies even if you miss. You just have to act on the mob.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Soalman
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: soalman
By Quetzalcoatl.Soalman 2012-04-13 03:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

moon! :P
thanks guys, good to know i dont need to wait for trigger. Im not a fan of TH dagger at all. should be able to upgrade it or summin, just to be worthy of inv space :P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Forsell
Server: Lakshmi
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-04-13 06:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always just leave it out. And macro in hands/feet for TH6 (or even the neck piece for TH7). Not like TH 4+ really seems to matter on anything!
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-04-13 06:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Soalman said: »
hmmm my set up is slightly different to all the above and as im at work atm, i cant show u screenshots of gear etc but...

If im right, the focus areas for stats aree as follows for THF:

TP = Haste (to 25%) attack + acc
SA = AGI
TA = AGI + emnity
EVI = DEX
MS = ???
Rudra's = SA set up? (agi?)

Also, i use TH dagger off hand for obvious reasons but are u guys all swapping off hand weapons after first TH trigger? or scrapping the TH dagger altogether? Swapping is a little bit of a pain but i cant justify losing the extra TH.

I do wanna say thanks tho, didnt realise the upgraded Heca gear looked so cool. ima get out of storage and start working on these ^^

good feedback only please guys, it would be cool to get this right so people can use this thread as a good guide to THF uberness

soal

What? No, God no... DEX man. DEX. D:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-04-21 23:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather than clog the server with a new topic i have some questions about evisceration.

I'd like to go for something like this (need the N. Leg abj.)
Kacura +1 vs. Hecatomb +1 vs. Assn. +2 for feet?
Thundersoul vs. Pyrosoul rings?
Rancor collar if i just cleared hate how many do i need to kill to get any benefit?
Raider's +2 vs. other hand options?

In suggesting gear keep in mind i loathe VW therefore don't do it, so any of that gear is out. Neo-Nyzul maybe if i can find a decent grp that can actually get to F100.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-04-22 01:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Forsell said: »
You could always just leave it out. And macro in hands/feet for TH6 (or even the neck piece for TH7). Not like TH 4+ really seems to matter on anything!

Which neck piece would that be?
 Asura.Copperpot
user: Casiopeia
By Asura.Copperpot 2012-04-22 18:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

any upgrades to this ?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Copperpot
By Asura.Copperpot 2012-04-22 18:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kk, thanks
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-22 18:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Copperpot said: »
kk, thanks

Also you could just suck less. Putting a ribbon on a pos is just a nicely decorated pos <333333333
 Asura.Copperpot
By Asura.Copperpot 2012-04-22 18:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

don't hate me cause i'm beautiful :(
and quit derailing threads
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-02 00:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Ghillie Earring +1 compare against +4 stat earrings for Evisceration & Exenerator? Stacked or Unstacked.

Trying to figure out if it's worth it to swap to 2x Ghillie Earring +1 or not.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-02 00:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
How does Ghillie Earring +1 compare against +4 stat earrings for Evisceration & Exenerator? Stacked or Unstacked.

Trying to figure out if it's worth it to swap to 2x Ghillie Earring +1 or not.
Idk if you want to take off that brutal. From my understanding, people for exent follow the rule 1 agi = 2 attack for the ws. That's what people tell me.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-05-21 10:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I just decided i wanted to rescue my thief and i want some advice.
I started with daggers since i was ashamed of them (Twilight/Triplus) :x, I bought an Aluh jambiya and started to work on a STR one for off hand, not considering the ice cream atm as i have other priorities on empys for now.
The question is: how its the Woe(90)/STR compared to Aluh/STR? (99 STR one is 5M+ now on ragna so not considering a second for the moment either).
I'm only missing 5 coins so it would be quick to get the WOE i guess, but i'm not really impressed with outside stacked-Rudra's dmg compared to stacked-Exenterator dmg so my heart tells me to stick to Aluh/STR but i wan't a expert opinion :p

About exenterator,
This is what i'm aiming for:

Missing the head (oce. +1 now), neck and stormsoul, and the STR Dagger obviously.
I've seen some sets and some people uses Arctier's/Houyi over justiciar and a second stormsoul over epona's, what's your opinion on this? What about the waist options?
Ethereal it's just there for clustered-inventory reasons and didn't plan on buying anything else unless its a huge boost, based on the 1 agi= 2 attack rule it should beat suppa no?
I want some feedback on SA+Exen too if possible, would be worth it to do some changes? (i.e.: Oce. +1 vs Thaumas hat, Af3+2 Hands vs Thaumas gloves, Cuchu over anguinus, etc.).

Any other suggestions not mentioned are welcome.

And inb4 thanks :p

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-21 11:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Forsell said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Soalman said: »
Also, i use TH dagger off hand for obvious reasons but are u guys all swapping off hand weapons after first TH trigger? or scrapping the TH dagger altogether? Swapping is a little bit of a pain but i cant justify losing the extra TH.

I only really have time for dynamis and my ls abyssea events.

For dynamis, I don't swap off-hand dagger as having the TP available to proc ws mobs is handy.

For abyssea, I swap out TH gear after my hit (a /ra). Yes you lose the TP, but with THF you get the TP back quick enough to not really notice it.

Having TH6 and better damage is preferable to having TH7 and worse damage in dynamis. I wouldnt use Thf dagger at all for dynamis. A more debatable option is oynos dgr and swapping it out once haste procs (right after a ws preferably for minimal tp loss)

Also you can macro feet/hands into your ja macro if you dont want to use /ra for every mob.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-05-21 15:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt the WS gorget/belt apply to all hit on extenterator? That's pretty hard to beat.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-21 15:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesn't
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-29 20:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Awhile back I started using Kacura Subligar +1 over Ambusher's Hose for SA Exenerator. I just recently got Athos's Tights. I notice they have the same DEX as Kacura Subligar +1, Would it be worth swapping to for SA Exenerator? 4% Critical Hit damage boost on the 1st hit vs 8 AGI on all hits.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-31 13:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking towards when I eventually get Neo-Nyzul gear, would this set be the best tp set for thf now?

STR Thokcha of course
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-05-31 13:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »
STR Thokcha of course
Is there any other kind?
[+]
By Solrain 2012-06-02 09:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
STR Thokcha of course
Is there any other kind?

AGI if you're 99% of the THF|DNC on Bismarck, Macc if you're JP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-02 14:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking towards when I eventually get Neo-Nyzul gear, would this set be the best tp set for thf now?

STR Thokcha of course
In the spreadsheet, I'm seeing AF3+2 hands beat Nomkahpa by ~2.5 DPS (1.8%) with the rest of your set staying the same (RCB, Dyna DC). The only other thing I can see right now that raises DPS at all from there is Phos Belt +1 but good luck with that ^^;
 Bahamut.Slytribal
Server: Bahamut
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2012-06-02 14:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »

STR Thokcha of course
In the spreadsheet, I'm seeing AF3+2 hands beat Nomkahpa by ~2.5 DPS (1.8%) with the rest of your set staying the same (RCB, Dyna DC). The only other thing I can see right now that raises DPS at all from there is Phos Belt +1 but good luck with that ^^;

You certain on that? Changing to AF3+2 would uncap haste, so wouldn't that make it worse? Also wouldn't Rancorous Mantle, Nefarious Collar and Demonry Ring in place of Rajas be better for that set?
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-02 15:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Slytribal said: »
Phoenix.Suji said: »

STR Thokcha of course

You certain on that? Changing to AF3+2 would uncap haste, so wouldn't that make it worse? Also wouldn't Rancorous Mantle, Nefarious Collar and Demonry Ring in place of Rajas be better for that set?
Uncapped haste sets have been winning since AF2+2 came out (Nomkahpa was icing on the cake) but this topic has been debated pretty heavily so you could say it comes down to how much you trust the spreadsheet. Uncapped haste isn't necessarily worse though (hyperbole: hitting 1dmg per hit at 26% haste is obviously worse than hitting for 100dmg at 0% haste).

Here's some of the DPS values for various stuff (cumulative changes):
(1) 127.68 - 4/5 AF3+2 with Athos feet
(2) 130.44 - Swapping Athos for AF2+2
(3) 123.92 - Swapping AF3 hands for Nomkahpa
(4) 129.96 - Swapping AF3 body for Thaumas
(5) 132.33 - Swapping AF3 legs for Thaumas
(6) 134.84 - Swapping Nomkahpa back to AF3 hands
(7) 135.34 - Swapping belt to Phos Belt +1
(8) 135.67 - Swapping Neck/Belt to Nefarious/Rancorous

You can see that the value of Nomkahpa is changing based on how many pieces of AF3+2 you're using since it hurt more to remove it in step (3) than we gained by adding it back in step (6). If we assume the spreadsheet is actually correct, then it seems like the surprising result is mostly explained by the interaction between the set bonus and AF2+2 feet. Thaumas Coat also slightly devalues Nomkahpa.

It's also worth emphasizing that these values are for dyna DC so the dDex sweet spot can really produce some odd results. ie, if AF3+2 hands are really giving you 8% crit, that's pretty big. I noticed in other gear sets that Love Torque was tied/beating Rancor Collar because of this, for example.

So yeah, depends on how much you want to trust the spreadsheet. One could also argue that gearing for Dyna DC is silly, but that's about all my THF is used for outside of random Abyssea helping, where everything's really easy anyway. I would like to try out THF in Provenance sometime, though! ^^

Edit: I grabbed the latest spreadsheet to see if perhaps something had changed but the results are fairly similar. I also tried using Pil's stats and the again the results were pretty much the same as the above. However, using full VW buffs, Nomkahpa finally pulled ahead by a few DPS.
 Odin.Rengeki
Server: Odin
user: Rengeki
By Odin.Rengeki 2012-06-03 17:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has me confused. I feel stupid. This is the tp set I'm thinking of now that I finally got af2+2 feet. Working on a str dagger and going to slowly start work on a mandau soon. Anyway this set has me at 23% haste, is that alright until I start getting thaumas gear?

Before I got af2+2 feet I was using 4 haste feet and calmecacs, which had me at 25% haste. Think I can get away with selling my calmecacs now? The only thing I was using them for was thf.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-06-03 17:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you're easily safe to sell the calmecac.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-06-13 07:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Justicier's+Atheling beats Crudelis+Houyi's Gorget for Exenterator or no? 30 attack vs like 11 agi 5 str
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-06-13 08:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Justicier's+Atheling beats Crudelis+Houyi's Gorget for Exenterator or no? 30 attack vs like 11 agi 5 str

you compare back+neck to belt+neck? Or i am missing something?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9