3/5 Thaumas set, using AF2+2 feet:
STR+5
DEX+20
AGI+13
+Fast Cast
+9 accuracy
+3% TA
+2% TA DMG

The above comparisons include set bonus, but no gear other than hands and feet.

Josa: My original set has set bonus +2% as well, a higher dDEX, and a good chunk of attack over yours. Very dependent on the situation. I actually don't like giving up Raider's +2 legs - I really don't like it, and against lower-tier mobs, I'm positive they'd do better over-all.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-04 04:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to find best TP Set for Mandau 99 /war in Dynamis having Haste and Cor rolls (WAR/DRK) on DC Mobs. This is what i get out of the Spreadsheet as best, but dont know if it could be right or wrong..

I only have Thaumas Body atm and trying to figure out if its worth to pick other Thaumas first before going for WAR gear.

Would it be also good/best TP Set for ADL when Adding Embrava, Berserk, Aggressor, RCB and whatever i forgot?

My current TP Set is this:

Same situation.. what as above, i get Athos Feet win over Af2+2, could that be right ya? Before i bother getting them until i can get more Thaumas gear (if its really best to wear 4/5 Thaumas in this situaton) Also before someone mentions Nomkahpa.. i get Nomkahpa+Af2+2 < Af3+2+Af2+2 (Hand+Feet) with the streadsheet

Thx!
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-05 13:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Trying to find best TP Set for Mandau 99 /war in Dynamis having Haste and Cor rolls (WAR/DRK) on DC Mobs. This is what i get out of the Spreadsheet as best, but dont know if it could be right or wrong..

I only have Thaumas Body atm and trying to figure out if its worth to pick other Thaumas first before going for WAR gear.
That's what I'm using now, though I'm geared for Dyna DC and Love Torque beats Rancor Collar in that context (with Rancorous Mantle being a further upgrade).

Re the order for getting items, it sounds like we have the same main jobs. I went for them in this order:
p.body - hax ws body piece
t.body - hax tp piece
p.head - stronger 6hit with phos belt
p.hands - restraint down
Then finish off Thaumas since p.legs sucks for WAR and if you have Jingang Graves, p.feet aren't urgent.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-08-25 23:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any math wizard's happen to know at what percent triple attack demonry ring overtakes other rings for TP?

Last time I saw talk about it, people we're saying it's only worth it in Abyssea, but back than triple attack numbers on my sets were much lower. Since I've been playing pugiunculus in most low level situations, farming/dynamis etc. My TP is up to 29% Triple Attack.

Was just kind of wondering if it's worth using for TP outside of Abyssea w/ the increase in Triple Attack.
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-08-26 05:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Any math wizard's happen to know at what percent triple attack demonry ring overtakes other rings for TP?

I'll plug this into my spreadsheet for you, Hume THF/DNC versus DC with 15% Defense Down (aka Acid+Box Steps=attack capped TP and WS set), RCB, 12 STR, 12 DEX, 16 dagger, 5 Exen, and Haste.

TP set:

Exen set:

I spot checked Demonry Ring versus Rajas at various amounts of additional Triple Attack (1-15%, 25%, 35%, 45%, 100%), and it never overtook Rajas. Plugged in Pugiunculus, which had overall closer Demonry Ring to Rajas ratios, but Rajas still kept the lead throughout all Triple Attack levels.

None of this accounts for playstyle, that's in a complete vacuum, WSing at 100 TP with capped attack.

I got Demonry to catch up to Rajas in overall DPS with an artificial 60% additional Triple Attack, and -150 AGI on Exen. The -150 AGI lowered the Rajas Ring's Store TP contribution to DPS, and the 60% Triple Attack boosted Demonry Ring's contribution to DPS. The conclusion to draw being Demonry Ring isn't that much of a damage boost even with huge Triple Attack levels, whereas Rajas Ring's Store TP is (if you spam WS relentlessly).
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-08-26 08:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »

I'll plug this into my spreadsheet for you, Hume THF/DNC versus DC with 15% Defense Down (aka Acid+Box Steps=attack capped TP and WS set), RCB, 12 STR, 12 DEX, 16 dagger, 5 Exen, and Haste.

TP set:

Exen set:

I spot checked Demonry Ring versus Rajas at various amounts of additional Triple Attack (1-15%, 25%, 35%, 45%, 100%), and it never overtook Rajas. Plugged in Pugiunculus, which had overall closer Demonry Ring to Rajas ratios, but Rajas still kept the lead throughout all Triple Attack levels.

None of this accounts for playstyle, that's in a complete vacuum, WSing at 100 TP with capped attack.

I got Demonry to catch up to Rajas in overall DPS with an artificial 60% additional Triple Attack, and -150 AGI on Exen. The -150 AGI lowered the Rajas Ring's Store TP contribution to DPS, and the 60% Triple Attack boosted Demonry Ring's contribution to DPS. The conclusion to draw being Demonry Ring isn't that much of a damage boost even with huge Triple Attack levels, whereas Rajas Ring's Store TP is (if you spam WS relentlessly).

Thank you for the info, I guess that would make Rajas Ring better than Dagaz Ring as well, bleh.

While your frequenting the forum, I asked this a few weeks back but didn't seem like anyone really knew the answer.

I've been having some problems with my SA Exenerator set. The numbers from it aren't coming out very well. And ironically, a few days ago I started using SA with my unstacked set and actually come out with better numbers.

I've been getting better averages, and higher highs just using my unstacked set with Exenerator. Any idea what I'm doing wrong with my stacked set?

Unstacked:

Stacked:
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-08-27 04:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea what I'm doing wrong with my stacked set?

Unstacked:

Stacked:

You're losing damage when you focus too much on the first swing's DEX and crit aspects and ignoring the 5+ swings of 100% AGI mod. Off the top of my head (even less precise than napkin math!), I'd say somewhere around 3DEX=1AGI on SA Exen.

I should probably attempt to back up that assertion... Edit: I came back 2 weeks later to realize I had left out alpha, so I'll redo the equation.
Code SA Exen equation
First swing damage:
(Main Weapon Damage + fSTR + AGI*alpha + DEX(*1.2 if you AF3+2))*(pDIF+1)*(Critical Hit Damage%)
+
Mainhand swings:
3(Main Weapon Damage + fSTR + AGI*alpha)*pDIF
+
Offhand swing:
(Offhand Weapon Damage + fSTR + AGI*alpha)*pDIF

= Giving capped attack to give tangible results,

(Main Weapon Damage + fSTR + AGI*.85 + DEX*1.2)3*1.14
+
(3(Main Weapon Damage + fSTR + AGI*.85))2
+
(Offhand Weapon Damage + fSTR + AGI*.85)2

=

3.42 Main Weapon Damage + 3.42fSTR + 2.907AGI + 4.104DEX
+
6 Main Weapon Damage + 6fSTR + 5.1AGI
+
2 Offhand Weapon Damage + 2fSTR + 1.7AGI

= The damage contribution per stat at capped attack, before QA/TA/DA is

9.42 Main Weapon Damage + 2 Offhand Weapon Damage + 11.42fSTR + 9.707AGI + 4.104DEX

That doesn't take into account any critical attack bonus gear, or extra attacks from QA/TA/DA. A THF's extra attack rate will be quite large, making AGI, fSTR, and weapon damages more important than the above, and proportionally diminishing the benefits of DEX and Critical Hit Damage because they don't improve extra swing damage. If you don't use AF3+2 Hands, the damage value of a poitnt of DEX is down to 3.42.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-08-27 06:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Any idea what I'm doing wrong with my stacked set?

Unstacked:

Stacked:

You're losing damage when you focus too much on the first swing's DEX and crit aspects and ignoring the 5+ swings of 100% AGI mod. Off the top of my head (even less precise than napkin math!), I'd say somewhere around 3DEX=1AGI on SA Exen.

I should probably attempt to back up that assertion...

First swing Weapon Damage:
(Base Damage + fSTR + AGI + DEX(*1.2 if you AF3+2))*(pDIF+1)*1.19 (your Crit Hit Damage mod)
+ Following 4+ swings:
4(Base Damage + fSTR + AGI)*pDIF
= Overall WS Damage (with capped attack to give a tangible outcome)
3.57BD + 3.57fSTR + 3.57AGI + 4.284DEX
+
8BD + 8fSTR + 8AGI
=
11.57BD + 11.57fSTR + 11.57AGI + 4.284DEX
=Calling it 4STR per 1 fSTR,
11.57BD + 2.8925STR + 11.57AGI + 4.284DEX

2.7DEX=1AGI
4STR=1AGI (if 4STR = 1 fSTR)

The value of DEX will rise slightly as pDIF falls. The value of DEX will fall precipitously with any DA/TA/QA/AC procs.

So, for the most part, the only 2 pieces of gear that would probably be worth swapping out from the pieces I have listed above (if I'm reading correctly) would be the Athos's tabard and MAYBE the raider's armlets +2.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-10-29 12:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a little advice on THF legs options for Evisceration. Now, I see here that the accepted best options are hecatomb subligar +1 (with max augments) and kacura leggings +1.

But its that over any areas? Or just outside of Abyssea. Inside Abyssea would the 4% Critical Hit Damage on Athos's tights ever over take the 4% critical hit rate on hecatomb subligar +1?

Likewise if you were FSTR capped which I would assume would be most of the time in Abyssea, wouldn't the Athos's boots extra DEX and 1% extra critical hit rate(assuming you're using Athos's tabard) be better than kacura leggings +1?
Would the stats on assassin's poulaines +2 ever over take the other two feet choices?

I'm strictly speaking in Abyssea only since that's the only place I ever use Evisceration.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-10-29 12:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd default to Hecatomb subligar+1 and Thaumas Nails.

You may not need all that extra atk on every mob and other options may squeak by if you're fighting really weak mobs, but given that you're asking such a question, I doubt you're the type to have multiple WS sets depending on what you're fighting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-10-29 13:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I'd default to Hecatomb subligar+1 and Thaumas Nails.

You may not need all that extra atk on every mob and other options may squeak by if you're fighting really weak mobs, but given that you're asking such a question, I doubt you're the type to have multiple WS sets depending on what you're fighting.

Well there's not much my THF get's to do other than general farming and Abyssea. I never go THF to end game content or anything like that.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-10-29 13:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd still go with those two options, they're still powerful options for EP/weak mobs. But something like Bukhis supposedly had 560def, so even with all your cruor/atma buffs, you'll still fall short on having enough atk. It's about the same with other high tier NMs in abyssea.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-11-02 02:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a current Evisceration set for both inside and outside abyssea
and Exenteror as well.
Also I don't have Hecatomb subligar+1 nor do I really plan on getting it anytime soon.
By Luthiene 2012-11-11 12:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone post an optimum set for solo SA and TA. I am currently working on my TA set, and it goes as follows:

Obviously, there's quite a few pieces to change there. The next set is what I thought might be an ideal one. Any improvements to be made?

I think I may not bother with the earrings due to the lack of inventory space, but other than that, what could be changed?

Edit: Also, if you were fulltiming TH gear during sa/ta, would it remain the same? (Discount TK, daggers used are Twashtar and STR Thokcha)
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-11 12:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Houyi's will still beat hope because 6 > 5, but other than that I think the 2nd set is fine. I personally use Thaumas hands and feet for more attack and strength. In your current set, you can use Blithe mantle over Aisance +1 and save about 140k.

Luthiene said: »
Edit: Also, if you were fulltiming TH gear during sa/ta, would it remain the same? (Discount TK, daggers used are Twashtar and STR Thokcha)
By the definition of 'fulltiming TH gear' it cannot remain the same.

And for the post above: I care so little about inside that I'm not going to bother with making different sets, but this is what I've put together.

Evisc - sub in Athos's tights I think or Raider's Culottes +2 if you don't have/want legs

Exent - I think the exent set has too much attack for what most people use thf for but whatever.
By Luthiene 2012-11-11 13:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »

Luthiene said: »
By the definition of 'fulltiming TH gear' it cannot remain the same.
I was referring to the remainder of the gear other than the Hands piece in set 2.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-11 14:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you think something else might change? I could see it if maybe your non-TH hands provided a set bonus and you wanted to restore that set bonus with another piece of gear, but in this case I can't think of anything aside from the Hope to Houyi's change already mentioned.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-11 15:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Exenterator doesn't crit, so you need more attack when using it compared to all your other usable WSs.

I'd use the Prosilio Belt over Crudelis belt though. It'll produce a higher average.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-11 15:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think *on average* people are thinking about thf for dyna where prosilio's attack goes to waste so the da- hurts more. But on harder content I would agree with you.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-11-11 15:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using Houyi/Prosilio for a while now-- spreadsheet had it better for my setup on Dyna DC. Although. I haven't re-checked since switching to Pugi/Acid bolts, so maybe the attack is going to waste now as you suggest.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-11 16:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the best option if you don't pop the acid bolt.

If you do, then not having a waist equipped at all will produce a higher average than using the prosilio belt.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-11-11 18:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, kudos to this thread for bringing that to my attention. At first I thought you were assuming stuff like Ghillie+1/Justiciar's/Myrmex in the other slots but it's true even in low attack/high AGI sets if you're using Acids.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-11-18 11:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My current TP set atm, DEX as Taru is 94+32(126). Anyone know if that's enough to hit dDEX cap on dynamis mobs(EP or DC) Or would I need to add in Love Torque? I'm not quite sure how to find out how much AGI those mobs have. So I'm not quite sure how close to 50 over I am.
 Fenrir.Vyle
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Vyle 2012-11-18 11:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not quite sure how to find out how much AGI those mobs have.

Nightmare mobs have ~90 AGI. I think.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-18 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

About 90 AGI on DC Dynas, so you actually need quite a bit more. I think just about the only worthwhile way to reach it is to have a Twash since that's a huge DEX boost, most anything else you're dropping way too many other stats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-11-18 11:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What about EP's?
 Fenrir.Vyle
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Vyle 2012-11-18 11:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What about EP's?

~75
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-18 11:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they average about 75~80 AGI so you should be good on those. Really not too important that little difference in kill speed since you'll be waiting for them to proc, heh.

BTW I think Raider's Armlets +2 should beat Thaumas Hands for the most part, especially in low-buff situations like Dynamoose.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-11-18 12:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You need 150~152 dex to cap ddex on dyna DC, in valk at least.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-18 13:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I'm aware this is the generally accepted best tp set - (wins vs. Pil and Qilin)

Edit -

And this for Dyna DC -

Maybe Pugi offhand since attack doesn't matter so much in Dyna?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9