Temper Fail....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Temper fail....
Temper fail....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-24 12:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

they need to put rdm on ridill

thats all i want
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-08-24 12:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Arcalimo said: »
Well, if the OAT rate is at least like the joyeuse, even if it only affect main hand, i'd be happy with that. I miss my joy so much ; ;
Just hope it does stack with enspells tho.

Imagine a war with OAT spaming double 1k+ critical dmg hits, it would be so overpowered, so let's be realistic, it's not the end of the world.
Hopefully we get the true Bravery and Faith spells now that sch got lolenbrava only.

What it really needs to be fixed is the cure IV thing, even if some people think we have enought, isn't reallistic that any 99 job with /rdm or /whm sub will get the same cure than rdms and schs get as main jobs, some of them with native mp could be even heal as efficiently as
us with just a subjob ability and that makes no sense.

Edit: and well, about meleing in af or mage gear, were those real fights? lol
I mean, i barely melee, but if i do it usually is to kill some too weak crap that doens't deserve the trouble of satcheling a bunch of mage gear to get the melee gear out for 10 mins.
I only use my real melee set if i'm going to melee in purpose just for fun or for a decent amount of time.
It's bad to melee in mage gear, right, but explain me how you carry your melee set in you every time, im 78/80 in magic gear and that not even counting dagger + sword <.<

Moggie bag and satchel? I have 240 spaces outside of the MH. I guess if you have no intentions of doing any serious melee then do it up in whatever gear you please. My melee gear accounts for 1/3 of my rdm gear, myself. And there are still several key pieces I need to get.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2011-08-24 12:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said: »
Well, if the OAT rate is at least like the joyeuse, even if it only affect main hand, i'd be happy with that. I miss my joy so much ; ;
Just hope it does stack with enspells tho.

Imagine a war with OAT spaming double 1k+ critical dmg hits, it would be so overpowered, so let's be realistic, it's not the end of the world.
Hopefully we get the true Bravery and Faith spells now that sch got lolenbrava only.

What it really needs to be fixed is the cure IV thing, even if some people think we have enought, isn't reallistic that any 99 job with /rdm or /whm sub will get the same cure than rdms and schs get as main jobs, some of them with native mp could be even heal as efficiently as
us with just a subjob ability and that makes no sense.

Edit: and well, about meleing in af or mage gear, were those real fights? lol
I mean, i barely melee, but if i do it usually is to kill some too weak crap that doens't deserve the trouble of satcheling a bunch of mage gear to get the melee gear out for 10 mins.
I only use my real melee set if i'm going to melee in purpose just for fun or for a decent amount of time.
It's bad to melee in mage gear, right, but explain me how you carry your melee set in you every time, im 78/80 in magic gear and that not even counting dagger + sword <.<

Moggie bag and satchel? I have 240 spaces outside of the MH. I guess if you have no intentions of doing any serious melee then do it up in whatever gear you please. My melee gear accounts for 1/3 of my rdm gear, myself. And there are still several key pieces I need to get.

My point is that we have only 80 usable spaces, so if you use 40+ of those just for meleeing you will be nerfing your magic side so bad and our magic is stronger.
For me it's only worth it if you know that you are going to melee for a decent time and you won't use magic that much, not gonna swith 40 pieces to my satchel to get my melee gear just for proc. a !! ws lol
And some people see you meleeing that short of time and already is like WTF IS MELEING IN MAGE GEAR lol
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-08-24 13:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is that we have only 80 usable spaces, so if you use 40+ of those just for meleeing you will be nerfing your magic side so bad and our magic is stronger.
For me it's only worth it if you know that you are going to melee for a decent time and you won't use magic that much, not gonna swith 40 pieces to my satchel to get my melee gear just for proc. a !! ws lol
And some people see you meleeing that short of time and already is like WTF IS MELEING IN MAGE GEAR lol

Right on, I'll admit I streamlined down my mage gear a bit to get that much space. I'm gearing 6 jobs, and don't have a lot of room for every single piece of optimal gear. I'm a melee enthusiast, and luckily most of my RDM melee gear also works on my other jobs, like my haste gear and rings.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-24 13:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the advent of AF3+2 and abyssea gear, RDM mage gear has been highly streamlined compared to what it once was.

I mean, AF3+2 body alone takes care of: 1 Refresh Body, 1 MACC Nuking Body, 1 Enfeebling Body, 1 MND Potency Body. So that leaves you with two other mage bodies: 1 Potency Nuking Body, 1 Fast Cast Body.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-24 13:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My melee gear consists of 23 pieces of gear. Only 6 of those are used normally so 17 slots are taken by switching to melee mode. I can generally make most of that space by putting all my staves away and a few bits of situational gear but I'm nearly always 79/80. I have to organize my gear in to situations so I can switch faster. It's a pain in the arse but unless SE suddenly gives us 120 inv slots it's not going to change.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-24 14:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Since the advent of AF3+2 and abyssea gear, RDM mage gear has been highly streamlined compared to what it once was.

I mean, AF3+2 body alone takes care of: 1 Refresh Body, 1 MACC Nuking Body, 1 Enfeebling Body, 1 MND Potency Body. So that leaves you with two other mage bodies: 1 Potency Nuking Body, 1 Fast Cast Body.
+ Haste/Enhancing/Convert if you still use it.

19 melee only slots not counting sachet/demonry core/dex earring I don't have, pretty much guaranteed to be near 78/80 depending on what I'm not carrying around.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-24 14:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said: »
they need to put rdm on ridill

thats all i want
We need BLU on Ridill, dammit. :|
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-24 14:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

-interruption body (meh) and PDT body (not so meh) too
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-24 14:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

While I do have both I packed AF body away until I can finish my SIR set (technically I could now but lack of inventory mostly), PDT body is always on me so I never count it.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-24 14:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't consider PDT and Haste bodies mage bodies.

Though you're right on -interrupt(why even anymore with the nerf?), enhancing(extremely minimal gains, sometimes not even boosting phalanx a point depending on how much other enhancing gear/merits you have), and convert bodies.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-24 14:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anhur Robe has +12 enhancing skill (okay, it is best in slot but it's definitely not minimal imo).
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-24 14:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
Anhur Robe has +12 enhancing skill (okay, it is best in slot but it's definitely not minimal imo).

oho, nice. First time seeing that one. Thought you were referring that that +3 or 5 enhancing body we had access to.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-24 14:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
While I do have both I packed AF body away until I can finish my SIR set (technically I could now but lack of inventory mostly), PDT body is always on me so I never count it.

Fair enough.

Not ideal on the Vert side of the spectrum but I've never been a fan of massive Vert kits anyway, could potentially combine haste, Vert, and potency nuking body if you have an INT or MAB augmented wbody. They're not common augments though (well, haste is guaranteed but INT/MAB are random pool only) so it's kind of a pain.
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Wouldn't consider PDT and Haste bodies mage bodies.
Insofar as everyone should have PDT and haste gear I guess, but it's not "melee" gear either.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-08-29 13:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

according to someone who did a 300 sample size on the official forums it looks like temper is 5%, as weather its double atk or occasional attacks twice(like the text says) is unknown. But no parsers can run on the test server yet(last I read), so they did it by hand, we will see what happens with time and larger sample sizes and stuff.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-29 13:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said: »
according to someone who did a 300 sample size on the official forums it looks like temper is 5%, as weather its double atk or occasional attacks twice(like the text says) is unknown. But no parsers can run on the test server yet(last I read), so they did it by hand, we will see what happens with time and larger sample sizes and stuff.

finally the fix we've been waiting for! /redmage pride
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
user: Kerayu2
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2011-09-01 15:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said: »

From what the text shows it is not double attack. Help text reads "Occasionally attacks twice" and when the effect wears off it states "Name's Multi Strikes effect wears off." If anything this is just a DoT/TP enhancement for rdm melee to go along with some of the new gear options rdm was given last major update also. Currently I'm messing around with it on rdm/nin in xarc (s) since I don't want any out of wack numbers from atma enhancements nor care what good it does in abyssea. Now if I could stop aggroing the amphiptere I could just relax and see how it does (not that they are hard to kill at 95).
By Cathaldus 2011-09-01 15:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's 5% but after complaints they said when implemented it'll work like the GAIN-stat line and increase with more skill.

I'm glad it's not another spell to cycle, but also at the same time a little annoyed I can't cast on others, oh well!
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
user: Kerayu2
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2011-09-01 16:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think, given what other jobs have access to gear wise, it wasn't that bad of a decision to not allow it on other players. Currently my thf gets I believe 15%DA and 18%TA from gear/merits alone where as my rdm only has about 10~20% DA (depending on sub) and 2%TA from gear/traits when in haste/tp gear and meleeing.

I think this is SE's way of answering the call to have more attack round options available to rdm without having to give them more gear to accommodate. Can't complain too much though. Rdm has gotten capped haste from gear, more DA options from gear, a JA that increases melee accuracy (composure) and a weapon that has high base dmg and a new high damage weapon skill to enhance the melee side of things. It's difficult to see a big reason to complain too much about it when comparing to how horrible the melee side of rdm used to be a few years back.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2011-09-18 13:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it that its self only.
When Shitlar came out everyone was like "yeah! now we can prostitue to be even more *** for the melees and others" with accession.

I so *** hate that job because everyone was on that train and said you definately want/need this one as a sub.
Its more like an "easymode subjob for teh lazy ones who cant handle multiple spellcycles"

Though i never saw rdm/sch on Odin in any LS much, even pre-abyssea this combination was rare to find in endgame ( even in the best LS'es ).

That this spell works like gain-series:
The increase via +skill is minor, so i doubt this can be pushed hard.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-18 13:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mithraspike said: »
When Shitlar came out everyone was like "yeah! now we can prostitue to be even more *** for the melees and others" with accession.

I so *** hate that job because everyone was on that train and said you definately want/need this one as a sub.
Its more like an "easymode subjob for teh lazy ones who cant handle multiple spellcycles"

Though i never saw rdm/sch on Odin in any LS much, even pre-abyssea this combination was rare to find in endgame ( even in the best LS'es ).

Wow really?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-18 13:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So much bad in one post.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-09-19 02:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mithraspike said: »

Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2011-09-19 14:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't get it......... Why is my only question I have for SE. Like wtf does this help rdm with? I miss playing rdm. All i want is one update for rdm to be even close to good so i can play it again.
By Xenshi 2011-09-19 14:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get it, what's "bad" about Rdm now? The job didn't change, the game did a bit and the players a hell of a whole lot. Rdm is still a great job to have with you while doing things and with all the gear choices now enfeebling magic lands on damn near everything without resist. Yes this is a almost pointless JA, but like honestly Cure V probably isn't going to happen for the job until 99. And I'm going to have fun with this JA with Almace :) and even more so with a OA x2-4 sword!
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2011-09-19 15:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything in this game can be done without a rdm is the point. The job in my eyes pretty much has no spot in game. It can replaced by anything in the game for a spot in party.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-19 15:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Everything in this game can be done without a rdm is the point. The job in my eyes pretty much has no spot in game. It can replaced by anything in the game for a spot in party.

Voidwatch.
By Ophannus 2011-09-19 15:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

^The same goes for DRG,SAM, DRK,RNG,WAR,MNK,DNC,SMN,SCH, BRD, BLU

You don't NEED any job unless you're trying to proc. The only jobs that are useful though in every situation is WHM THF and NIN. Any DD can be replaced, any nuker can be replaced.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-19 15:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How are THF and NIN useful in every situation?

Edit: As far as abyssea goes...

WAR and NIN > Red
MNK (and WHM) > Blue
BLM/BRD and BLU/NIN > Grellow
THF > TH
WHM > Heals

You'll never require more than those 7 jobs in Abyssea.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2011-09-19 16:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So voidwatch cant be done without a rdm? Weird ive done them all with no rdm just fine. Maybe im wrong.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7