Temper Fail....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Temper fail....
Temper fail....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-24 10:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
I have fun everyday, who said I'm not having fun?

I'm soloing my magian trials right now, because it isn't a huge waste of everyone's time including my own to solo these.

There's a time and place to solo, inside abyssea is rarely the right place to solo <_<
I've yet to see you post a single constructive thing. You seem angry all the time. You seem narrow minded and think that the only right way to do anything is the way you and your group do things. Offering an opinion is one thing, but you attempt to pass opinion off as fact.

Also... how many coins each do you get in dyna after split?
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-24 10:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo(3 people cause dual box) dynamis and make 700k+ a day per person.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-24 10:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I make 800k+ dual boxing it, and I'm fairly lazy about it so could do more... not sure why you'd think 700+ is impressive, even less sure why it is relevent to a thread dedicated to rdm's new ability.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-08-24 10:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
I make 800k+ dual boxing it, and I'm fairly lazy about it so could do more... not sure why you'd think 700+ is impressive, even less sure why it is relevent to a thread dedicated to rdm's new ability.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-24 10:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh? Are you stupid? LOL? Someone asked me a question, so I answered it, wtf? Where did I even say it was impressive? SOMEONE ASKED ME A QUESTION.

Just..wtf.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-08-24 10:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like my brain just exploded all over my monitor after reading this.

My apologies.
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
Maybe you should spend more time on BG. You should brush up on your in game knowledge.

Hmmm ... no. And maybe you should spend more time away from your PC and outside your basement/cave-hole. You should "brush up" on being a decent human being.

Ragnarok.Corres said: »
wait, what?
why would it be a good idea to do that?
if you like to troll and gobble s**t all day not knowing that there is a whole majority of players who don't give a single whimp about BG and they are still having fun in this game.

Exactly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-24 10:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo(3 people cause dual box) dynamis and make 700k+ a day per person.
Not that impressive. We can each solo for over a mil each. Now what were you saying before?
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-24 10:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok????????????????
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-24 10:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How much double attack do you think it will give?

and..

This kind of sucks for Joytoy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-08-24 10:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread isn't about Dynamis or any of that. The point is if you guys want to talk about that stuff take it to a relevant thread.

That has nothing to do with what the thread is even about, which is Temper.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-08-24 10:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I think you missed a subtle joke about Elana getting banned from BG though, so try not to take it too seriously.

I didn't miss it, and it wasn't too subtle. Also it was a temporary ban, and it was comical, at best. Flionheart's a d-bag. BG is chock-full of d-bags. I'm surprised he spends his time here, rather than on BG, to be honest. He'd fit in much better there.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-24 10:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
How much double attack do you think it will give? and.. This kind of sucks for Joytoy.
It says occationally attack twice so best bet is that it will be the exact same rate as joytoy and magian weapons and will not stack with them... basicly opening you up to useing a stronger weapon since the extra attack is the only thing joytoy has going for it anymore.
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
I think you missed a subtle joke about Elana getting banned from BG though, so try not to take it too seriously.
I didn't miss it, and it wasn't too subtle. Also it was a temporary ban, and it was comical, at best. Flionheart's a d-bag. BG is chock-full of d-bags. I'm surprised he spends his time here, rather than on BG, to be honest. He'd fit in much better there.
Night's comment was directed at someone else not you.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-24 10:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Making a million a day is an achievement now?
No it's not. Just tire of people saying "My way is better" when it isn't always.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-24 10:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought for this spell... We know there will be a new merit type system post lv99 so what do you guys thing, will there be a "Temper II" option similar to Phalanx II in that it targets party members when we get there? If they gave us all the best buffs and debuffs now what would the put at that point so maybe wait before getting too out of shape from this being self target only.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-24 10:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought for this spell... We know there will be a new merit type system post lv99 so what do you guys thing, will there be a "Temper II" option similar to Phalanx II in that it targets party members when we get there? If they gave us all the best buffs and debuffs now what would the put at that point so maybe wait before getting too out of shape from this being self target only.
I'd be pleased with that. Even if it is far less potent. I mean honestly how potent does an OAT spell have to be before it's worth casting...
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-08-24 10:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said: »
This thread isn't about Dynamis or any of that. The point is if you guys want to talk about that stuff take it to a relevant thread.

Temper would be awesome in Dynamis. BAM! Relevance. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-24 10:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It says occationally attack twice so best bet is that it will be the exact same rate as joytoy and magian weapons and will not stack with them... basicly opening you up to useing a stronger weapon since the extra attack is the only thing joytoy has going for it anymore.
Joyeuse and the Magian OAT weapons actually have different procrates (45~50% and 40%, respectively). I'd guess that Temper is no stronger than 20% and/or potentially works like Enspell II in that it only affects one hand; RDM doesn't get a lot of DA/TA gear so OAT isn't as diminished in value for them. 40% OAT on a sword or dagger with a more normal base damage would be overpowered if anything, just look at how good Ridill and Joyeuse were at 75.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-08-24 10:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said: »
Cerberus.Savannah said: »

Temper would be awesome in Dynamis. BAM! Relevance. :)

lol Smartypants :P
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-24 10:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I'd be pleased with that. Even if it is far less potent. I mean honestly how potent does an OAT spell have to be before it's worth casting...
Since the "OAT" effect proc rate has been universal so far (aprox 45% according to wiki) it's likely that the only thing that weakens would be the duration. If it gives straight double attack then it would vary a bit probably but the wording of the discription makes me pritty sure it will just be the same as if you were useing a weapon(s) with the effect.

Edit: Night debunked some of that while i was typeing so ignore the bit about the proc rate being the same.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-24 10:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »

You're a terrible human being. There's a reason you're generally disliked by more people than me here and on other forums.

Arrogance plays a big part in it. Also lets not forget that you're a gigantic hypocrite.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-24 10:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Joyeuse and the Magian OAT weapons actually have different procrates (45~50% and 40%, respectively). I'd guess that Temper is no stronger than 20% and/or potentially works like Enspell II in that it only affects one hand; RDM doesn't get a lot of DA/TA gear so OAT isn't as diminished in value for them. 40% OAT on a sword or dagger with a more normal base damage would be overpowered if anything, just look at how good Ridill and Joyeuse were at 75.
If it's rdm only then it needs to be overpowered. Even if it's a 100% proc rate, can activate on both hands and on ws, would that even make rdm melee worth it or even be able to get past the rdm stigma?
 Kujata.Rhydia
Server: Kujata
user: Rhydill
By Kujata.Rhydia 2011-08-24 10:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if SE made temper give an OAT 'aura' they could help put rdm on the frontline and fit their vision of demi-god buffers.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-08-24 10:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's rdm only then it needs to be overpowered. Even if it's a 100% proc rate, can activate on both hands and on ws, would that even make rdm melee worth it or even be able to get past the rdm stigma?

You know, I was actually thinking about this too. The anti-melee stigma is so bad, it would literally take an overwhelming force of over-powered nonsense to shake up the status quo. But then, the tide would immediately turn to "RDM melee is OP!!!" We can't win. Just gotta take what comes, and find our fun.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-24 10:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1: OAT45 for Almace facerocking.
Step 2: Make all buffs(haste, refresh, etc) only self target even for WHM.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: 1,000,000 threads mimicking the phrase: "lol y u not bring RDM and WHM to that fight. u dumb" "Why do you need an alliance for that? RDM+WHM says 'hi'" "Solution: Get your RDM an Almace. Problem solved."
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-24 10:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I was actually thinking about this too. The anti-melee stigma is so bad, it would literally take an overwhelming force of over-powered nonsense to shake up the status quo. But then, the tide would immediately turn to "RDM melee is OP!!!" We can't win. Just gotta take what comes, and find our fun.
This is kinda my thoughts on the matter as well. Even if it does bring them close enough up to speed with melees that they are effective on anything but the AoE spamming NMs where you only use 1 or 2 melees anyways, it's still gunna get ragged on because people are afreaid to form their own cookies instead of useing a cookie cutter.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-24 11:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes? The whole "mindless sheep" argument is overused. RDM is still an incredibly powerful job from a defensive standpoint; given offensive capabilities on par with a mid-tier DD it could easily become a favored source of damage for nastier NMs due to relative self-sufficiency. It's the same logic as using COR, RNG, SMN, and BLM: they're low-maintenance. Even the "mindless sheep" would discover this after a while due to the trickle-down effect.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-08-24 11:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda my thoughts on the matter as well. Even if it does bring them close enough up to speed with melees that they are effective on anything but the AoE spamming NMs where you only use 1 or 2 melees anyways, it's still gunna get ragged on because people are afreaid to form their own cookies instead of useing a cookie cutter.

See, that one of the things that kills me with the anti-melee arguments; "don't feed the mob tp!" In those situations, even the DD's are not melee'ing. We can turn the tide, it's just going to take a LOT.

A big plus would be if some of the lvl 90 RDM's out there would stop melee'ing in AF1 gear for cripes sakes! I know the gear is neat looking, but it's giving us a bad rap! As a wise player told me in the melee gear thread, "get some haste gear up in that!"
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-24 11:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes? The whole "mindless sheep" argument is overused. RDM is still an incredibly powerful job from a defensive standpoint; given offensive capabilities on par with a mid-tier DD it could easily become a favored source of damage for nastier NMs due to relative self-sufficiency. It's the same logic as using COR, RNG, and BLM: they're low-maintenance. Even the "mindless sheep" would discover this after a while due to the trickle-down effect.
My mind will be blown if I'm ever asked to melee on rdm. I'm curious to see how good they are going to make this. I still think we're going to need some better melee gear though.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2011-08-24 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if the OAT rate is at least like the joyeuse, even if it only affect main hand, i'd be happy with that. I miss my joy so much ; ;
Just hope it does stack with enspells tho.

Imagine a war with OAT spaming double 1k+ critical dmg hits, it would be so overpowered, so let's be realistic, it's not the end of the world.
Hopefully we get the true Bravery and Faith spells now that sch got lolenbrava only.

What it really needs to be fixed is the cure IV thing, even if some people think we have enought, isn't reallistic that any 99 job with /rdm or /whm sub will get the same cure than rdms and schs get as main jobs, some of them with native mp could be even heal as efficiently as
us with just a subjob ability and that makes no sense.

Edit: and well, about meleing in af or mage gear, were those real fights? lol
I mean, i barely melee, but if i do it usually is to kill some too weak crap that doens't deserve the trouble of satcheling a bunch of mage gear to get the melee gear out for 10 mins.
I only use my real melee set if i'm going to melee in purpose just for fun or for a decent amount of time.
It's bad to melee in mage gear, right, but explain me how you carry your melee set in you every time, im 78/80 in magic gear and that not even counting dagger + sword <.<
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7