Temper Fail....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Temper fail....
Temper fail....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-19 18:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You wanted to be useful so SE made everyone (subjectively) useful (in one way or another) in VW by making everything proc.
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-09-26 05:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

As we dont have Atma like Abyssea until you get T3s for Atmacites, the Refresh ability of RDM is quite useful.
Ochain/Aegis PLD is the best tank for T2+ City VWs.
THF and NIN are not as useful due to no Atma to enhance their abilities/stats.
And with this update RDM seems to be on a lot of the good DD gear, with a few exceptions. normally its like WAR/MNK/BLU/THF/NIN/DRK.... now RDM is in there for 91-95 gear.
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-09-26 05:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes RDM didnt get the good DEX gear this update like BLU (Ocelomeh Headpiece +1, Ocelomeh Harness +1, Toci's Harness), but we got DEX gloves, a few good feet slot DD equipment, and a few DD accessories (Mantles, necks, and belts). They couldnt give us the good DEX gear (only PUP and BST got 2 of the 3 new head/body sets in this update) without justifying doing so for other jobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-26 06:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: outside it seems to be Aias > Ocelemoh > Gnadbod's/MKD hat (fairly close depending on target)... The body is worse than Loki's inside (not that we're even on that anyway) but does better outside. Really could have used being on both but oh well, this wouldn't be the first time we've been left out on useful pieces.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-09-26 06:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the feeling they're being cautious with DEX and RDM, especially come 99 they'll be getting Gain-DEX which should be around ~25 DEX
[+]
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-09-26 06:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They waited longest on Gain-DEX and Gain-INT for the reasons that they are going to be the best out of the "Gain-series".
Yes Boost-DEX will be about the same, but that effects everyone and not everyone wants +DEX.
Now inside yes we can use DEX Atma (RR/Omni), so DEX gear isnt as important, but outside the good DEX gear isnt for us RDM... Sometimes I feel like BLUs little brother always wanting the good DEX gear they get...
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-09-26 07:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anariodin said: »
They waited longest on Gain-DEX and Gain-INT for the reasons that they are going to be the best out of the "Gain-series".
Yes Boost-DEX will be about the same, but that effects everyone and not everyone wants +DEX.
Now inside yes we can use DEX Atma (RR/Omni), so DEX gear isnt as important, but outside the good DEX gear isnt for us RDM... Sometimes I feel like BLUs little brother always wanting the good DEX gear they get...

WHM Boost will be more thanks to /SCH and all the enhancing gear. /sigh

It's understandable prior to around ~lvl.60 RDM was on almost all the same gear as BLU being that they could wear Cloth and Light Armour, only especially since 75+ the same is not always true anymore.
 Sylph.Ballzack
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-09-26 07:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic but I thought it was kinda neat. Anyone notice that you can use new Rdm JA on other people in your party? I dont know if it works for alliance or not though. I wonder If that was intended or a mistake
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-09-26 08:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ballzack said: »
Off topic but I thought it was kinda neat. Anyone notice that you can use new Rdm JA on other people in your party? I dont know if it works for alliance or not though. I wonder If that was intended or a mistake

Yeah, the BLM JA is the same, it's just a shame about the horrid recast time.
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-09-26 08:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like they gave them the ability to temp-2hr another person for 1 spell. reduced duration and reduces recast
By palladin9479 2011-10-11 07:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Temper @456 skill seems to be about 12~13% potency. It's seems to be working like +DA as it works on off hand hits and during WS. Seems like an epic melee buff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-11 09:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Was getting 12-14% at 427 skill, small sample size etc.
By palladin9479 2011-10-11 19:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, so we know that withing that range it's between 12 and 13%, statistically it could be 14% but that's at the upper end. I do believe Seriha's testing had a large enough sample size to begin with.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7