Temper Fail....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Temper fail....
Temper fail....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-23 18:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Also, no cure5? the fk?
glad I pretty much quit. lol
We don't need cure5 because we enfeeble mobs into nothing and buff our allies into demi gods! :D
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-23 19:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i dunno, i seem to walk out with a ton anytime I do anything in abyssea, lol.
By Powerslave 2011-08-23 19:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't surprise me, but does disappoint nonetheless lol :/

Don't expect to get Cure V anytime soon or ever, but at least give us something useful.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-23 19:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, while its upsetting this spell is self target, not sure why any RDM would want to have cure V.

Doesn't make sense, get upset that this spell is self target and want RDM to be more of a buff job for other party members, yet want cure V which will pretty much make RDM a pink mage again.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-23 19:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pink mage or mannequin job, your choice.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-23 19:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather just have em actually add buffs to RDM than just give us Cure V when its not as needed outside of abyssea.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-23 19:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Rather just have em actually add buffs to RDM than just give us Cure V when its not as needed outside of abyssea.

buffs like what? gravity2?
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-23 19:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Pink mage or mannequin job, your choice.
I agree, good heals, best debuffs, best refresh, haste, phalanx2 and decent nukes sounds a lot better and more fun than HORRIBLE heals, debuffs that don't land on anything that matters, best refresh, haste, decent nukes.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-23 19:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No, for starters making Temper not be stupid and make it be able to be casted on anyone.

Make enfeebles matter and land on harder fights.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-23 19:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

every nm being immune to bind and gravity from WotG on didnt help
By Starkzz 2011-08-23 19:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ciecle said: »
YAY rdm gets... wait.. self cast only??... [Um...] [I'm sorry.] [Red Mage] [back line] [Yes, please.] [sword] [Skill] [Too weak]! Red mage: BUT I HAVE ALMACE! It's ok! 50 mins later... Red mage readies Chant du Cygne. Red mage hits the colibri for 500 damage Red mage: YOU SEE I HIT IT FOR 500 DAMAGE!! 5 seconds later... Blue mage and Paladin readies Chant du Cygne. Blue mage hits the colibri for 4000 damage Paladin hits the colibri for 4050 damage Red mage:... I have temper and enspells!...

PLD out WS BLU?

ya, k

I aint gonna say RDM melee is amazing, but you know if you don't include gear or merits, the difference in sword skill beteen a BLU and RDM at lv90 is 19. I can pick out further bs out of your pathetic
attempt to ***on RDM melee, but meh, I'll just let stupid people be stupid and hope they learn for themself.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-23 19:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said: »
every nm being immune to bind and gravity from WotG on didnt help

Yeah I agree.

Really RDMs healing is only lacking inside abyssea. Outside, it really isnt horrible.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-23 19:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

People are gunna *** either way.
RDM gets AoE Temper: RDM complains that they have to cast it on melees.
RDM gets single target: Melees complain that RDM is trying to melee.
But honestly I rather the second, though it may be a waste of a spell, it's annoying as hell to hear RDM moan about how they have to cast a spell... If you don't wanna buff your party, or complain about having to do so, you leveled the wrong job.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-23 19:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely called this.
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-08-23 20:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said: »
But honestly I rather the second, though it may be a waste of a spell, it's annoying as hell to hear RDM moan about how they have to cast a spell... If you don't wanna buff your party, or complain about having to do so, you leveled the wrong job.

People who complain about having to buff others on a buffing job should go back to their moghouse and level something else.

EDIT - And if you're dealing with RDMs too whiny to cast said buff, you should get better support.

That said, screw it. WHM can have my chapeau, I'll just full-time Jester's hat from now on. That seems to be what SE thinks of the job, anyway.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ciecle
Server: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2011-08-23 20:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz said: »
YAY rdm gets... wait.. self cast only??... [Um...] [I'm sorry.] [Red Mage] [back line] [Yes, please.] [sword] [Skill] [Too weak]! Red mage: BUT I HAVE ALMACE! It's ok! 50 mins later... Red mage readies Chant du Cygne. Red mage hits the colibri for 500 damage Red mage: YOU SEE I HIT IT FOR 500 DAMAGE!! 5 seconds later... Blue mage and Paladin readies Chant du Cygne. Blue mage hits the colibri for 4000 damage Paladin hits the colibri for 4050 damage Red mage:... I have temper and enspells!...

PLD out WS BLU?

ya, k

I aint gonna say RDM melee is amazing, but you know if you don't include gear or merits, the difference in sword skill beteen a BLU and RDM at lv90 is 19. I can pick out further bs out of your pathetic
attempt to ***on RDM melee, but meh, I'll just let stupid people be stupid and hope they learn for themself.

Ha. pathetic is watching a red mage melee trying to out do a pld and a blu. love how you attack people though. GG

and... UmadBro? Come @ me!
By Cathaldus 2011-08-23 20:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD out WS BLU?

ya, k

Ha. pathetic is watching a red mage melee trying to out do a pld and a blu. love how you attack people though. GG

and... UmadBro? Come @ me!

Taking this a bit personally aren't you...
By Starkzz 2011-08-23 20:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD out WS BLU? ya, k I aint gonna say RDM melee is amazing, but you know if you don't include gear or merits, the difference in sword skill beteen a BLU and RDM at lv90 is 19. I can pick out further bs out of your pathetic attempt to ***on RDM melee, but meh, I'll just let stupid people be stupid and hope they learn for themself.
Ha. pathetic is watching a red mage melee trying to out do a pld and a blu. love how you attack people though. GG and... UmadBro? Come @ me!

lol. Also, I don't think their intentions are to out do anyone, as it's quite abundantly clear RDM melee isn't comparable to other jobs.
It's a game pal, when you see a rdm melee'in he's doing what he finds entertaining, not thinking he's badass (atleast the majority)
Oh, but I'm the one attacking people.

Pro tip: Don't post stupid ***, Don't get trolled on.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-23 20:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Naokoyume said: »

People who complain about having to buff others on a buffing job should go back to their moghouse and level something else.

EDIT - And if you're dealing with RDMs too whiny to cast said buff, you should get better support.

That said, screw it. WHM can have my chapeau, I'll just full-time Jester's hat from now on. That seems to be what SE thinks of the job, anyway.

Sorry I don't have a line up of ready to use mages at my service...
To be fair though, I was mainly referring to how people act in general. I personally don't use RDMs.
If you've never seen a RDM complain about having to buff others though, then bravo to you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-23 20:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between rdm melee and blu melee has quite a bit more to do with gear availability than with skill level. Just take a quick look at an optimal CDC build between rdm, blu and pld.

Also, unless you /blu or have an Almace you have no decent ws.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-08-23 22:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not for or against rdm dd. I was just curious as to why more rdms that want to dd don't use daggers before they get an Almace and spam Evis. I really know nothing about rdm dd but Evis seems to be one hell of a ws.
 Cerberus.Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2011-08-23 22:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I do like how i'm trolled yet i get a personal attack of 'I'll just let stupid people be stupid and hope they learn for themself.'

<3 the idea of your 'Trolling'

oh and while we're at it, Sekundes is right. Optimal gear is what stands the jobs out. Pld does have decent gear. Blu does too. rdm has litterly nothing YET.(and not to mention with out almace or /blu /pld or /war, they have 6 sword weaponskills total... none of which are remotely... well no. Flower power is kind of good.)

I was using the age old method of people telling red mages to just stop trying to be a melee...

pro tip: Don't try to attack people on the internet. You're only going to make yourself look like a fool for calling someone else an idiot.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-23 22:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
I'm not for or against rdm dd. I was just curious as to why more rdms that want to dd don't use daggers before they get an Almace and spam Evis. I really know nothing about rdm dd but Evis seems to be one hell of a ws.
I thought this is what all RDM's do, it's what I do o_O
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2011-08-23 22:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »

Oh I see. Sorry this confused me a bit:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

I thought maybe there was something I was missing and rdms had to use swords to even try to be good dds. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-23 22:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dagger/joyuese is the best combo until you get almace.
 Cerberus.Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2011-08-23 22:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

specifically speaking, no rdms don't have to use swords, swords were just the focus on the whole discussion it seems.

Yes I'll admit, i did completely forget about evis. It is a turning point for a good rdm. For some rdms though, dagger skill is under leveled, and sword skill is the only thing they focus on due to Enhancing sword +2 and Almace(being the better choice between rudra and Cdc... edit: er.. yeah rdm cant use the dagger. etc) and/or Mythic sword(like everyone has one of these already right!?...).
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-08-23 22:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I don't have a line up of ready to use mages at my service...
To be fair though, I was mainly referring to how people act in general. I personally don't use RDMs.
If you've never seen a RDM complain about having to buff others though, then bravo to you.

I didn't intend to be offensive (in fact, I was mostly agreeing with you), I just don't think it's that common to have good players be that completely stupid about their job. Sure, it's overly common in pickups and terrible linkshells, but do you really partake in that? I don't very often. I'm sorry, but if I had a healer who didn't haste, I wouldn't be keeping them. But then, I'd probably be the one on that job in the first place.

Haste is just not a hard spell to cast, it's really not. Especially when it lasts nearly twice as long with esto+2 set and cape. That's all.

Anyway, apologies for getting a bit off topic. With how long our buffs last, I would have loved to have something to add to the cycle... Wishful thinking, eh? Oh well.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-23 22:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »

Oh I see. Sorry this confused me a bit:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

I thought maybe there was something I was missing and rdms had to use swords to even try to be good dds. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
I was speaking of swords in particular. I have Almace, I'm biased towards swords. They don't have to use swords but if they would give rdm vorpal or something then it would be more comparable.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-23 22:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD out WS BLU?

ya, k

RDM lack of DD gear is one of the main reason its sucks at it.

edit: Its like saying PLD is a really good tank if you don't include how it can't hold hate in abyssea etc.
 Asura.Mekaider
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-08-23 23:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more pissed about SE said they were reverting us back to enhancing/debuffing and the af3 clearly reflects this then they went and gave addle to WHM.

We also won't get cure V. It sucks inside, but only inside. Outside there is absolutely no issue with a rdm healer at all. Cure V is heavily based on MND, something which we have an abundance of and also because of the emnity difference between I-IV and V they just won't give it to us. WHM would *** too much.

And to the whole LOLrdmmelee. Out of curiousity i geared my rdm with twilight/joyeuse, RR/GH/Apoc, and went and played in an aby party. Lemme tell ya, i was out dding all the pink/white people off DoT and enspells alone. Not counting 1.5-3k eviscerations. Go hate somewhere else.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7