Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 16:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:
Zanno said:
Kelia said:

Oh yeah Darkvision, as a RDM, your "gear" is disgusting. I would kick a melee DD who showed up in equivalent gear and I would certainly kick you. The only way you got 43k/hr is with anniversary ring and checking expwatch after the first mob. Stop trolling.

pathetic, the best you can do is to go down on someones gear? unless you bought your account(?) you'd know that ***takes time.

Stop trolling huh? lol

qq moar, aquamarine rings with 2 75s? unacceptable

jet seraweels, lol

w/e i checked your jobs etc and yeah you go on at me cos you got cop and zillart etc done so ya will have the best items , i DONT so STFU and move on. you just forget how long it takes to get stuff. gear dont make you a good player, having lots of lvl75 jobs dont make you a good player its all about skill in battle.

i have seen some great players using only AF gear as much as you may laugh at that thats your business.

for the post that somone mentioning about people thing there beter than others, Kelia is a prime example how low people can be and shoot somone down for trying to work on getting the best gear, even tho it DOES TAKE A LONG TIME
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 17:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

you have jet seraweels and no mnd+4 rings, don't try and fight it, you wasted your money.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 17:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:
you have jet seraweels and no mnd+4 rings, don't try and fight it, you wasted your money.

hmmm. well if i had the gil i would buy them simple as. in my view its best get the stats in the slots and upgrade them when you have the gil. ans thats what i am doing. i dont have problems landing spells etc.

you try take a cheep shot at me over a couple items you dont know what i have for my RDM, thats really lame, that just what i used at the time
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 17:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

sell jet pants
buy errant
???
profit
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 18:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:
sell jet pants
buy errant
???
profit

i got the Jet Seraweels coz they DONT have the negative effects. so yeah thats why i got them, sold errant when i got the jet seraweels. alot of RDM on Seraph wear them and to be honest only errant i wear is the bocy for resting only.

why dont you relook at the stats and the comments what people say about the Jet seraweels. when i can i WILL get the nashira seraweels, but as i stated previous i dont have sea access, something that i am working on
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 19:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

dont tell me you're poor son if you got money for those, its not even an upgrade
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-22 20:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia stop trolling, seriously, unless you bought your account you should realise that people can't be super uber the moment they hit 75. As a blu only I check other blus all the time to compare, and while I often comment to myself how *** gimp some of them are, I never say anything because I know I was exactly the same when I first hit 75... It frustrates me when people make bad choices out of stupidity rather than not being able to afford or obtain anything better, but don't rag on people who are obviously new to 75.

Darkvision, sell your jets, buy errant and some better MND rings, the - stats really don't mean ***to rdm so you're really only missing out on the 15mp.

Bloodypanda said:
When I merit on RDM/DNC I use my MP to haste the DD's and cure with TP (also I use aspir samba as opposed to drain samba to keep my MP up). Just my two cents. If you have the right gear, it's a valid option. Won't necessarily make your party much better but it absolutely will not make your party worse.

See Malekith, this is an argument in your favour, but take special notice at the last sentence.

Here's what I see as the issues to the rdm/dnc situation you described. I've never been in a good meripo where the rdm has had mp issues, they haste the entire party and keep them all alive. If you switch from rdm/whm to rdm/dnc the only advantage you really gain to the party is the ability to aspir/drain samba and cure a little faster. Drain samba will increase the damage out-put of your party as well as help with healing, which should lessen your mp load, aspir samba will simply return more mp.

Now since you're now using tp to cure party members, your mp usage should be a lot lower than if you were rdm/whm, so why do you need to use aspir samba if a rdm/whm doesn't have mp issues?

As for haste, hasting all your DD will increase their damage by 15%, no if's and's but's or maybe's, this is a fact. So, if going rdm/dnc means that you're sacrificing haste on the other characters, then you need to make up for that 15% damage loss with your melee. Since most meripo have 4 DD, or 3 DD and cor (which is also quite a decent DD), this means your melee hits - as I assume you're not getting the tp to WS - have to add up to ~60% of the average damage from the other 4 DD's. As Wooooodum has said, that's simply not gonna happen. However, if you can rdm/dnc AND keep everyone hasted AND use drain samba (I really don't see why you would need aspir samba if you're using less mp) then yes, rdm/dnc would speed up the kills, and of course speed up the exp.

But then we start catching up to repops as you mentioned. Now a good meripo with a non melee rdm/whm can do this anyway, but a really good way to not break the chain is to have the rdm go and pull a mamool or a bird from the other camp to keep the chain going, if you're meleeing, that ***ain't gonna happen, so really, in the end, all you're doing is helping to cause a break in the exp chain. Unless of course you can kill a wivre fast enough to keep chain while a bird repops (which is quite possible depending on your party).

As for whoever said they were getting 43k an hour, proof or gtfo, I don't believe there's a camp in the game that let's you break the ~30k upper limit that most people see by that much.
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 20:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

dude has 2 75s, time to snap out of that ***and get working

protip: good advice is good advice even if im not being nice
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 20:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

so because i got a set of Jet Seraweels i got loads of gil, is that how you see it, your wrong. that may be the case for you but heh it aint for me. some peole do save up and buy then they are broke again. if you always got loads of gil then good on ya i am happy for ya but not everyone can make gil easily. i aint part of any HNMLS or anything like that, if i go farming i gotta make do with TH1.

atleast i make the effort to make some gil, SE has nerfed pices on some items to reduce RMTs which in turn affects everyone. just takes me longer thats all. dont judge other just cos you got some if not all the best gear.

i spoke to somone on my server that knows his stuff when it comes to RDM and i asked to see my gear set ups, got some advice and yeah i am trying, he was the one that told me to try get the stats in the slots then upgrade, as for the Jet Seraweels he says its a better choice over NQ or HQ errant stuff. and yeah he is part of HNMLS and uses Jet Seraweels alot and macro's in what is needed for what spells, these are a good item for soloing coz there the dont have the negatives. or are you gonna argue over a +1 or 2 stat of some sort.

you have your gear choice i have mine, i am just filling stats in to slots macro stuff in for what ever reason, you have not even seen my gear list so how can you even start by commenting on my choice of gear? i have a list of what i wanna get for RDM and majority of things i cannot get due to no access
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-22 20:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

protip: advice is muffled and hard to hear when your head is that far up your ***.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 20:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
protip: advice is muffled and hard to hear when your head is that far up your ***.

xD
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 20:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:
dude has 2 75s, time to snap out of that ***and get working

protip: good advice is good advice even if im not being nice

yeah i do have 2 lvl75 jobsuffer and worked on RDM as that was the job i started on. but that means nothing, got lvl75 on SMN got a bi use SMN in Dyna ONLY thats it. my SMN has NO merits on it at all RDM is the only thing i am meriting atm.

as for good advice lets see sometimes RDM need to tank/kite some, i done it alot, erants with -vit -agi i'm sorry but i think i will hav to pass on the errant. i have had all the good advice from all my friends on the server one of which has 4 characters as RDM75 with different gear setups and every one of them says the gear i got is fine but plan for some upgrades when you can, nothing wrong with that is there?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-22 20:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvision, I hope that rant wasn't directed at me after I was standing up for you <_<

As far as jet vs errant/mahatma, unless you're doing a lot of solo-ing on rdm, then the - stats will NOT effect you. Yes, jet are better than errant, but they're also about 200k more expensive (I haven't checked in a while). If you use rdm as solo mostly, then sure, stick with the jet. But if you mainly use your rdm in parties or at events, then you'll get more from the 200k worth of other gear you could buy if you swapped to errant.

Also, just because you have a friend in a HNMLS, doesn't mean you shouldn't look to other people for advice and do your own research. A lot of stuff in this game is situational, but then a lot is simply fact. If you're doing high end events, then mahatma IS better than jet, end of story, but there's no point spending all the gil on mahatma if that gil could be better spent upgrading other slots. What is true for your friend who does a lot of HNM might not necessarily be true or relevant for you.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 20:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Amusingly, when I got Mahatma Slops Jets were actually more expensive because the NM that dropped them was being monopolised by RMT. I bought Mahatma simply because they were cheaper, not knowing that I'd soon learn they were better. The only problem is, they look so damn ugly ><
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 20:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

nah blazza i was not ranting at you lmao was ranting at Kelia as they are the only one to pisse me off about their attitude to players working to get the best gear. also you are the only one to comment about the time it takes to get uber gear but i guess Kelia fails to read that part.

in the end of the day is it not down to player individuality to thier gear choice, we all have our wish list dont we? gives us some goals to work towards.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 20:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

As far as jet vs errant/mahatma, unless you're doing a lot of solo-ing on rdm, then the - stats will NOT effect you. Yes, jet are better than errant, but they're also about 200k more expensive (I haven't checked in a while). If you use rdm as solo mostly, then sure, stick with the jet. But if you mainly use your rdm in parties or at events, then you'll get more from the 200k worth of other gear you could buy if you swapped to errant.

yes i do solo alot for the reason of skilling up, thats the down side to level sync, BTW i do have a set of errant :P just shows you Kelia get your facts straight before you open your trap and cover everyone with that verbal crap
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-22 20:49:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

My two cents?

User submitted image
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 20:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add some food for thought, but last time I heard, Haidate on Bard failed pretty bad.

</troll>
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-22 20:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Just to add some food for thought, but last time I heard, Haidate on Bard failed pretty bad.

</troll>

Don't be hatin' on the meleebrd!

And Haseyo:

User submitted image
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 21:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL!!!
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 21:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

</troll>

<3

was taking this pic!

User submitted image
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 21:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

OH you're female hume, say no more. Love the tights <3
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-22 21:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad about the naked hume and the other hume pulling something out of his butt
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 21:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thats a firework! ajit has a magic butt.

and cylus isnt naked he has smn horn on Q_Q
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 21:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, what's up with that. Your mate's about to get a relic and you go naked XD Jeez, put your best gear on @_@
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 21:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

he was in a hurry :( changed from sam to smn to tele out there and only had a shiny new relic hat to put on. we got the fragment like an hour before, or something
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-22 21:47:25

Back on topic...Rdm/Dnc has a use outside of campaign battle? o.o
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 21:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

no. haidate are great for finale though!
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-22 21:56:09

Wewt11!
 Alexander.Konceptz
Server: Alexander
user: konceptz
By Alexander.Konceptz 2009-03-26 05:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering.

8 birds = 22.5k/hr right?

How do people get 43k/hr? I think that's a bit of a boast.

Also, just wondering, why rdm/dnc or any subjob can't maintain a haste cycle?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7