RDM/DNC @Bird Meripo
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 11:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote=Kelia]
Oh yeah Darkvision, as a RDM, your "gear" is disgusting. I would kick a melee DD who showed up in equivalent gear and I would certainly kick you. The only way you got 43k/hr is with anniversary ring and checking expwatch after the first mob. Stop trolling.
quote]

i will admit that my gear is not the best but everyone has to start somewhere and takes time to get the best gear.

nashira seraweels - i would love these but no Sea acces
Dusk gear - dont have the gil
Goliard - on nyzul F1-5

so yeah my gear aint gonna be great, you however prob been playing alot longer than me,i bet you was in the same possition at one point, thats the thing i hate about alot of high lvl players like you THEY ALWAYS forget what its like starting out. only been RDM75 for a few months just started dyna not long ago same with sky.

i am working on getting the hard to get stuff. you prob been with all best gear for too long that you forgot how frustrating it can be for prople that find it hard to make a steady gil income on the game.

i know the gear i want and most of which is in areas i dont have access to but i am working on it. guess thats how you treat us people that not as great as you think you are. some of the best gear does take time or have you forgotten that. and sometimes its hard to get people do do CoP in seraph and start Nyzul floor 1 coz thy have them already they dont care.

Its like no one is alowed to experiment and have fun these days and let people know how it went, just to have people who think they are more superior than them tear them down. play your game and let people play theres, i dont use EXP bands in merit PTs i save them for non 75 jobs.

i know of a friend of a friend that i told this to, he is old school (been on game since N/A release) he was cool with it and i know why RDM dont melee etc i know alot about RDM than you think. as i said i forgot to change my subjob, PT was happy to try it out. and yeah i never come prepared to DD was prepared to mage. i know RDM is no DD end of if the PT is cool with it then thats fine. and i WONT ever be in your PTs anyway.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 11:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

you just made yourself look like an *** commenting on how ***my gear is with out knowing anything about me and not knowing how i do ingame. i might not have the best gear but i make do with what i got.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-22 11:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:

Oh yeah Darkvision, as a RDM, your "gear" is disgusting. I would kick a melee DD who showed up in equivalent gear and I would certainly kick you. The only way you got 43k/hr is with anniversary ring and checking expwatch after the first mob. Stop trolling.

pathetic, the best you can do is to go down on someones gear? unless you bought your account(?) you'd know that ***takes time.

Stop trolling huh? lol
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-22 12:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Since people like criticizing so much, can I suggest that y'all check my toon before mashing the keyboard?

My rdm is fully merited.

Hell my toon as 388 Merits, the majority of which have been earned via playing RDM at meripo.

I would think I know how to play my job in this game.

Since folks on here have to keep insisting the world is flat. I tell you all again. The way that particular party I was in, was constructed. I DID NOT have to cast haste.

Did I ever say haste was unimportant? NO.

Did I ever say that I had no intention of ever casting it? No.

So really what is the problem here?

At worst I haven't, for your pleasure and not mine, come out and said, "Hai Guys haste is important, omg no wai really?"

In a different party, with different conditions, my actions are going to reflect the reality of that new situation. Given what I was working with I didn't need to cast. Kills were coming fast enough. End of story. K thanks!

Keep judging folks, and keep coming to your absurd conclusions. If you're still having problems accepting that I accomplished what I did. How about asking Donomar who was my original pt lead or Katsudon who took over after him? Ask them if I was a waste of a slot?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Attention seeker.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-22 12:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Attention seeker.

How korpgian of you to say that amigo.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 12:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent come back. Your intelligence is now indisputable.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-22 12:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And you were expecting?
 Shiva.Ethereal
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-03-22 12:56:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna talk about random ***until this thread gets locked down since everything that needed to be said has been.

On that note, Herder's Subligar is a *** myth ; ;
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-22 12:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

So really what is the problem here?

well the problem is not you or you being RDM/DNC, its the peoples one sidednes , "oh RDM should never melee" or "they are backline only" or what ever. RDM can actully sub what ever the situation calls for, ever seen RDM tank HQ HNMs while PLDs DD(not kite TANK) i have but i was not taking part. anyway thats off topic, as i stated there is no problem with you. just sad people that think that they are better than everyone else

Malekith said:

In a different party, with different conditions, my actions are going to reflect the reality of that new situation. Given what I was working with I didn't need to cast. Kills were coming fast enough. End of story. K thanks!

i totally respect ya post coz its nice to see some alternative merit PT setups, i never play with the same style etc, every PT is different and will need to be treated differently, i always adapt to that PT in my own way.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-22 12:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

here, this should make everyone feel much better <3

User submitted image
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-22 13:02:25

Zanno... The first thing that came to mind was this.

For those who want to know what that's from; it's a skit from an old 90s sketch comedy show that used to be on MTV called The State.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-22 13:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Zanno... The first thing that came to mind was this.

For those who want to know what that's from; it's a skit from an old 90s sketch comedy show that used to be on MTV called The State.

lmao!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 13:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Kills were coming fast enough.

Kills would come 15% faster with Haste. That reason alone is why the majority of people are on your case in this topic.

Darkvision said:
just sad people that think that they are better than everyone else

I really don't see where you're getting that from. Nobody has really given the attitude to imply they think they're above anyone. Sparks have flown in this thread, but nobody has thrown the elitist attitude around. In fact, I wouldn't say people are being close minded either. Clearly you would, though, but did you stop to think telling everyone they're close minded for sticking to the status quo is... Well, close minded? Because it is.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-22 13:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Kills would come 15% faster with Haste. That reason alone is why the majority of people are on your case in this topic.

So I guess you missed the part where we lost a chain because we killed faster than the repops?

I guess you also missed the fact that we had 5 people plus a pet doing damage to the mob instead of the typical 3. Sure a Cor, my melee RDM and a Pet aren't much but the birds didn't last long enough with us pouding on them as well.

In a typical setup. It's 2 Buffers (some permuation of BRD and COR), 3 DD, and a main heal. You MUST haste because the 3 DD must do the damage output of a regular exp pt in order to keep exp chains moving.

The party described above was not my pt. We weren't undermanned. We didn't need our DD's to do the extra work of missing people. Our damage output was the same as a typical 3 DD meripo as outlined above. Again in this limited situation haste wasn't needed. It was cast as an afterthought here and there. No one had any problems with this.

I really ought to call the ASPCA on folks for beating a dead horse.... ;>.>
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 13:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't miss that part. I shrugged it off because it's not relevant to the implimentation of your idea. A Red Mage meleeing will never be the little extra damage a party needs to kill faster than repops. The rest of your post was just attitude which I won't respond to.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 13:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvision said:
oh and 43k beets your 30-35k/hour, thats with NO BRD and WITH RDM/NIN Meleeing.

I'd like some proof, please. That's a pretty big claim.

Darkvision said:
i also never cast haste any PT member except me :P that blows your theory that hasting all DD will get you more exp/hour

No it doesn't.

Darkvision said:
Its like no one is alowed to experiment and have fun these days and let people know how it went, just to have people who think they are more superior than them tear them down. play your game and let people play theres, i dont use EXP bands in merit PTs i save them for non 75 jobs.

Enjoying the game is marvellous, nobody is saying you shouldn't be allowed to do it your way. If you come onto a public forum with a new idea and share it, you have to be ready for criticism; that's what they're here for. If you perceive people debating a new idea as people thinking they're superior, the problem lies with you and not other people.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-22 13:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I didn't miss that part. I shrugged it off because it's not relevant to the implimentation of your idea. A Red Mage meleeing will never be the little extra damage a party needs to kill faster than repops. The rest of your post was just further attitude which I don't need to respond to.

Attitude... right... You're the one making an assumption and I'm stating a fact.

You claim a result which can't possibly happen. I'm telling you off personal experience what I witnessed with my own two eyes.

Our party killed faster than repops several times over the course of the night. NOTE: I'm saying our party. Am I saying it was due solely to me as a DD RDM? No. It was a collective effort of 3 DD's, my melee RDM, the COR, and the DRG's pet.

Wooooodum if you were on my server, I'd happily take you along. Sadly you are not. You are only stuck with my word, posted time and again. If that's not good enough for you. What can I do? I could be insulted here but to what end? I already have my exp and merits and I'll do it again the same way.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 13:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not an assumption, Malekith. It's a conclusion based on my educated opinion, which in turn is based on mine and many other people's understanding of the game mechanics. Looking at the gear you were using, there is no way that your Red Mage was the reason your party was killing quicker than the monsters could repop. The point I made is that this problem would've occured with or without you subbing Dancer, hence why I shrugged it off. I'm not claiming that didn't happen; I know it does and I'm sure it did.

It's also not about trusting or believing your word; I have no reason not to believe you. This isn't so much that I don't believe you. It's about the fact I have thus far been unconvinced by you to try this out for myself. There is only one part about what you've suggested I disbelieve, but it's not relevant anyway so I haven't mentioned it.

And yes, it was attitude, but I know that this is a heated discussion, hence why I'm not making a deal out of it.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-22 14:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I bed to differ mon frere. You're playing semantics. If you're making a conclusion based on an opinion, however informed it is or not (and what exactly are you being informed by) then that my friend is still an assumption.

By focusing on me, you've lost sight of the big picture. Sometimes the collective whole is more than the sum of its individual parts. AS A TEAM we killed faster than repops. Whatever my contribution was, as RDM/DNC it certainly helped.

If I fail because no parse was posted so be it.

Hai guyz, I'm sorries no parse here.. Oh noessss I fail!

In all seriousness, there's no way I would still be here advocating as I am if this didn't work and wasn't something I believed in.

End story: My party and I got merits. We had fun. We got a good return on our investment of time. Will reults vary for some folks? Yes. Can this be replicated? Yes. Is it worth doing? Definitely yes.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 14:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
I bed to differ mon frere. You're playing semantics. If you're making a conclusion based on an opinion, however informed it is or not (and what exactly are you being informed by) then that my friend is still an assumption.

It is not an assumption. Assumptions are made when you really don't know much about something. I'm not assuming what I said, I know what I said; I know it to be true. Red Mage can not damage deal remotely to the level of the damage dealers you had in your party, especially with the gear your listed. That's just how the game's coded. This is not an assumption, Malekith. It's fact.

Malekith said:
By focusing on me, you've lost sight of the big picture. Sometimes the collective whole is more than the sum of its individual parts. AS A TEAM we killed faster than repops. Whatever my contribution was, as RDM/DNC it certainly helped.

Perhaps, yes.

Malekith said:
If I fail because no parse was posted so be it.

Nobody's asked for a parse.

Malekith said:
Hai guyz, I'm sorries no parse here.. Oh noessss I fail!

Was that really necessary? This is the attitude I'm referring to.

Malekith said:
End story: My party and I got merits. We had fun. We got a good return on our investment of time. Will reults vary for some folks? Yes. Can this be replicated? Yes. Is it worth doing? Definitely yes.

I'm happy for you. Just be prepared to explain why your idea is so good next time you decide to post it and tell everyone to try it out.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-22 14:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

By the first quote you have above I can see you totally misunderstood something I said. You're still focusing on my melee contribution. I never said I was ever even trying to out DD the other melee or be as good. The whole time I fought it was for the purpose of generating tp for my JA. However by adding up my melee contributions, they were worthwhile and they did help speed things along.

Wooooodum said:
Just be prepared to explain why your idea is so good next time you decide to post it and tell everyone to try it out.

Next time I'll post a color by number picture for folks too...

I assume most here are adults and can figure it out. If people really can't take the time to do that then they can google as I did or PM me directly. Or maybe even god forbid experiment on their own.

I did as much explaining as I needed to and based off comments I've seen posted I've reached those who can be helped by this. As for everyone else, I'll post as many times as I need to in order to make sure that my comments are not taken out of context. If that's being overzealously defensive then so be it. People can say what they feel and I'm going to counterpoint.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-22 14:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-22 14:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:
I'll end this right now.

Rdm/Dnc in a party is as effective as Rdm/Mage.
Rdm/Dnc is less boring than Rdm/Mage.

There.

With edit, that's a better summation. Variety is the spice of life you know?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-22 14:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Kelia said:

pathetic, the best you can do is to go down on someones gear? unless you bought your account(?) you'd know that ***takes time.

Stop trolling huh? lol

qq moar, aquamarine rings with 2 75s? unacceptable

jet seraweels, lol
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-22 15:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole thread has gone on way too long. Tails please end it in bold so people notice this time. XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Bloodypanda
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user:
By Quetzalcoatl.Bloodypanda 2009-03-22 15:29:59

When I merit on RDM/DNC I use my MP to haste the DD's and cure with TP (also I use aspir samba as opposed to drain samba to keep my MP up). Just my two cents. If you have the right gear, it's a valid option. Won't necessarily make your party much better but it absolutely will not make your party worse.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7